• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #054

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ckeen

I've used this set more then once to get a rage quitter.
Breloom
Toxic heal
Toxic orb
Jolly 252 hp 252speed
Spore
Low sweep
Sub
Seed

Basicly spore, sub seed, and low sweep. It has it's obvious flaws but if those flaws are gone it's like a never ending pain in the a.....
If you use this effectively you'll get rage quits :) and those that are champs and don't turn their Ds off you have a nasty vid you can save have plenty of battle vids of this guy whipping out entire teams no hassle. This is a set for people that know how to abuse this guy with and I consider this slow death version of Breloom more potent than the tech builds.

pika250

I noticed that in Kingdra's POTW doubles section, the Focus Energy/Draco Meteor has Swift Swim by mistake (it should be Sniper).

Mestorn

Wandering Battler
Sticky Web or Tailwind Support turn Breloom into a monster. I was able to outspeed a non-scarfed Archeops and Aerodactyl in the Battle Maison with my Breloom and put them down with Spore/Bullet Seed before they could strike.

Another thing of note: I saw that Low Sweep's power has been buffed to base 65. Is that true? If it is, wouldn't that push it out of Technician range?

KillerDraco

Sticky Web or Tailwind Support turn Breloom into a monster. I was able to outspeed a non-scarfed Archeops and Aerodactyl in the Battle Maison with my Breloom and put them down with Spore/Bullet Seed before they could strike.

The same could be said for most Pokemon. Tailwind's problem is its short duration though, while Sticky Web does little to ward off Breloom's greatest checks; flying types. In addition, the existence of Mega Pinsir and Talonflame, aka, flying type priority, makes it much harder for Breloom to attempt to sweep this generation since it's a very easy "panic button" to stop it.

Another thing of note: I saw that Low Sweep's power has been buffed to base 65. Is that true?

Yes, that's correct.

If it is, wouldn't that push it out of Technician range?

That is also correct.

ArloTheEpic

Lord of Swag.
Pros:
-attack is nice
-lots of heavy hitting moves
-all 3 abilities are good
Cons:
-it’s a grass type
-almost nothing but fighting and grass attacks
-some other stats are not so great
-six normal weaknesses and a 4x weakness. SIX!

KillerDraco

-all 3 abilities are good

Effect Spore is not good at all. It's unreliable due to its low activation chance, doesn't increase its damage output the way Technician does, and doesn't increase its longevity the way Poison Heal does. Honestly, Effect Spore is terrible and should never be used on Breloom unless you're playing in Gen 3, which is when it had no other options.

Status
Not open for further replies.