• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #092

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Time for the next Pokémon of the Week and this week, the RNG spat out a classic Pokémon which has unfortunately fallen a bit from grace in recent years

227.png

It's Skarmory, the original Steel/Flying-type Pokémon

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/227.shtml

Go nuts

Creyk

Classic Entry Hazard setter pokemon

Spikes
Stealth Rock
Drill Peck/Whirlwind
Roost

Adamant nature, or something that boosts it's defenses and lowers it's special attack, whichever you prefer
EV: 252HP, 252 Sp. Def, 8 HP
Sturdy is an ideal ability to ensure it can set up at least 1 layer of entry hazards

Kraleck

Skarmory. Not the most impressive Steel Type, but a decent Flying Type.

Stats:
-HP - Slightly-Below Average - Base 65 is decent for a Flying Type, but that's not saying much.
-Attack - Average - Base 80.
-Defense - Incredible - Base 140 makes Skarmory a decent Physical Tank.
-Sp.Atk - Terrible - Base 40 should NOT be considered, but a very select few of your limited Special Moves have decent Added Effects (i.e. Icy Wind and Ominous Wind).
-Sp.Def - Below Average - Base 70 is the hole in Skarmory's armor for sure. Considering how many Electric-Type and Fire-Type Moves are Special, this makes life difficult.
-Speed - Dead Zone - Base 70 Speed is a mere 10 points below the border of my non-Trick Room preferences, but Weak Armor Ability, Icy Wind, Rock Tomb, Agility, Autotomize, Tail Wind, or a lucky Ominous Wind can all help (Curse, too, if you're crazy enough to run a Trick Room team).

Abilities:
-Keen Eye - Ignores Accuracy debuffs and, as of Gen VI, Evasion Buffs. Decent, but pales heavily in comparison to...
-Sturdy - ...immunity to being 1-shot by a single hit. Barring Snow Warning Ability, switching into Stealth Rock, multi-strike Moves, or a lucky Scald, Skarmory is safe enough behind this Ability.
-Weak Armor (Hidden, Available) - When struck, Defense is debuffed and Speed is buffed. A smidge too risky for my liking with that Base 65 HP and Special-heavy Type Weaknesses.

Overall, Skarmory isn't the greatest, but isn't the worst bird in the sky. Access to Spikes, Stealth Rock, Tailwind, and a plethora of Status Moves and Added Effects really help Skarmory threaten. Unfortunately, Skarm lacks punch with its Base 80 Attack. Crits from moves like Slash or Night Slash are the main source of direct damage, but traps are Skarmory's main source of damage at all in many (read: most) cases.

ger9119

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog/Stealth Rock
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind/Taunt

KillerDraco

Adamant nature, or something that boosts it's defenses and lowers it's special attack, whichever you prefer

Skarmory never uses Adamant. Impish nature is the preferred nature.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog/Stealth Rock
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind/Taunt

This is basically your standard defensive Skarmory, although Spikes can also be slashed in the place of Stealth Rock and Defog.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Sky Armor
Skarmory@Leftovers
Impish nature
Sturdy
252 HP/252 Defense/4 Attack
~Stealth Rock/Toxic
~Whirlwind/Toxic
~Drill Peck
~Roost

Skarmory is a defensive beast. Trying to mow it down with physical moves is an exercise in futility. Toxic, Stealth Rock, Whirlwind, this is all stuff Skarmory can make excellent use of, so choose your moves based on what you think will be necessary. Drill Peck stops Skarmory from becoming Taunt bait, and Roost helps it restore HP.

Item lets Skarmory recover HP. Ability lets it get in at least one attack against special attackers who can and will otherwise OHKO it.

Weak Sky Armor
Skarmory@Weakness Policy
Jolly nature
Weak Armor
252 Attack/252 Speed/4 HP
~Drill Peck
~Iron Head
~Night Slash
~Endure

Nobody's gonna see this coming. You see Skarmory, your first thought is gonna be something more defensive, and that's exactly what this defies. Use Endure to take a super effective move to activate Weakness Policy- or, ideally, switch in on a physical move that would be super effective (Endure would likely not be necessary for this one, considering Skarmory's naturally high Defense), to activate both Weakness Policy and Weak Armor. That's +2 Attack and +1 Speed right there. Now, Acrobatics would be a great move for this... if Skarmory learned it! But anyway, Drill Peck and Iron Head are your STAB moves of choice. Night Slash is for extra coverage, and I do believe I've explained Endure already.

Item and Ability, I've already explained those as well.

Other options:
*Skarmory gets Brave Bird, but it seems a bit counterproductive on something so defensive. Even if you go with the attacking set, you got no means of restoring HP, and you might find yourself relying on Endure, so yeah, recoil is a bad idea.
*If you're not fond of the coverage on the Weak Sky Armor set, you also got X-Scissor and Rock Slide to choose from, so just go with what works for you.
*Steel Wing is practically Skarmory's signature attack. It is also weaker and less accurate than Iron Head, so yeah.
*If you're cool with getting your Skarmory from past games, there is also Defog to consider- it's been buffed majorly this generation. Of course, you'd pretty much have to forego Stealth Rock in order to do this...

Abilities:
*Keen Eye: Skarmory's accuracy cannot be lowered, and its attacks ignore any increases in the opponent's evasiveness. Two stats that are generally not messed with competitively in any case, so this Ability's not your best option.
*Sturdy: If Skarmory is at full health and takes an attack that would knock it out, it instead endures the hit with 1 HP. It is also unaffected by OHKO moves. Probably your best bet for a defensive Skarmory, considering it's not built to take special hits.
*Weak Armor: Skarmory's Hidden Ability. When Skarmory is hit by a physical move, its Defense goes down one stage and its Speed goes up one stage. Each hit of moves like Rock Blast or Fury Swipes activates this, too. Not the best choice for a defensive Skarmory, but for an offensive one with Weakness Policy and Endure, it can have its uses.

Partners:
You want a special wall, and a damn good one. I recall the SkarmBliss combo from the days of Generation III, that was pretty popular, and not without reason.

Counters:
Special attacks in general, particularly ones Skarmory is weak to. Mega Ampharos in particular is practically built specifically to counter Skarmory- resists both its STABs, fairly bulky, and thanks to Mold Breaker, its special Electric moves WILL OHKO it. Not "can", "will".

Opinion:
Skarmory is a bit overused, fairly popular competitively... but yeah, with that awesome design, how can you not like it?

Prediction for next week:
Scolipede

ger9119

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog/Stealth Rock
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind/Taunt

Forgot to note that Shed Shell and Rocky Helmet are both credible options for Skarmory. Shed Shell helps you escape Magnezone and Rocky Helmet punishes physical pokemon that Skarmory handles with ease and also punishes them when they U-Turn out.

-------------

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

How viable is a special defense set in ORAS? I remember it being pretty good in previous metagames, maybe it will be good now to be a solid check for fairy types and Latios/Latias etc

----------

Skarmory @ Custap Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Brave Bird
- Taunt

An old lead from previous metas where Defog wasn't what it is now, still has a small niche in being able to get up hazards quickly but suffers from Magic Bounce users and how common defog is.

Last edited:

Lord Zoroark

Master Tactician
Ah, one of the two in the famous "SkarmPiss" Duo. He and the Fat Pink Wh@re have caused a lot of misery in our beloved meta.

I have an odd set.

Skarmory @ Assault Vest
(May seem redundant on a bulky attacking set that's using Brave Bird, but who knows? It might be the last strike needed to bring a fully set-up sweeper down, and it's a lot less situational than, say, Keen Eye.)
Moveset:
- Brave Bird
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Pursuit

The idea is to take the opponent by surprise - perhaps even bait in a Magic Bouncer - and deal some nice damage. The main idea is to invest in Attack and either Special Defense or Speed, depending on your team's needs.

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
Forgot to note that Shed Shell and Rocky Helmet are both credible options for Skarmory. Shed Shell helps you escape Magnezone and Rocky Helmet punishes physical pokemon that Skarmory handles with ease and also punishes them when they U-Turn out.

-------------

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

How viable is a special defense set in ORAS? I remember it being pretty good in previous metagames, maybe it will be good now to be a solid check for fairy types and Latios/Latias etc

----------

Skarmory @ Custap Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Brave Bird
- Taunt

An old lead from previous metas where Defog wasn't what it is now, still has a small niche in being able to get up hazards quickly but suffers from Magic Bounce users and how common defog is.
SpDef is viable, as it deals with Mega Diancie and some other stuff I can't remember off the top of my head.

Mestorn

Wandering Battler
Hunting Skarmory

Skarmory is the quintessential physical wall. Its combination of good typing, drop dead amazing physical defense, recovery, setup and phazing options have made it the standard against every prospective physical wall will be compared. It has defined the game so much that some physical sweepers will carry Fire Blast just for the sake of beating the bird. As such, killing it with physical attacks is more often than not a fruitless task. Further complicating matters, a good Skarmory player keeps it in reserve if they so much as suspect a Special or super effective attack, meaning more often than not, you are hunting Skarmory on its terms. Which sucks:

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 135-160 (40.4 - 47.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Garchomp Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 124-146 (37.1 - 43.7%) -- 99.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Mega Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 111-132 (33.2 - 39.5%) -- 18.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 158-186 (47.3 - 55.6%) -- 21.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

When fighting Skarmory on its terms, your options are limited. It possess Roost to help weather repeated assaults, Whirlwind makes boosting options fruitless (Skarmory will Whirlwind you out before you can accrue enough boosts) and Defog means that you have to keep reapplying Stealth Rocks to attempt to wear it down that way. One of the best ways to attack Skarmory (aside from special attacks) is to exploit its reliance on support moves. If your physical sweeper possesses Taunt, you can easily limit the damage Skarmory can do to your momentum, and even try to setup. Using Trick or Switcheroo to give Skarmory a Choice Item will more or less take it out of the battle. Skarmory is badly damaged by burns, preventing it from using what little offense it has and further eating into its durability, but Skarmory already hates Fire to begin with, and thus will run if it smells a Fire Attack coming. Surprise is the next best option for dealing with Skarmory: giving a known physical sweeper with decent SATK (like Garchomp) Fire Blast, can easily down an unsuspecting Skarmory. Finally, Roost does remove Skarmory's Flying subtype, giving it weaknesses to Ground and Fighting attacks, so a pokemon that can outslow Skarmory can attempt to exploit Roost for a deadly hit. Gravity is another, albeit obscure option that strips Skarm's Ground Immunity, leaving it open to Earthquakes.

The best way to beat Skarmory is to make it fight on your terms. Magnetpull Magnezone is the ultimate Skarmory counter: Skarmory can't do a thing beyond Whirlwinding it, Skarmory can't run away, and is easily OHKO (or 2HKO due to Sturdy) by a STAB Electric attack. Gothitelle pulls a similar feat with Shadow Tag and Wobuffet can encore Skarmory into a useless move before switching to a new buddy for setup. Switching into something that possesses Magic Bounce will often result in Skarmory sabotaging its own team for a change.

Last edited:

MaximusGamez

Fairy Fighter
This is in response to Lord Zoroark's post about a set for Skarmory.

Being that Skarmory has a base 140 Def. stat, Sturdy might not be necessary unless fighting a fire or elec. type. If you ask me, Weak Armor is the way to go on a set like this. Rock Slide and Iron Head are both high damaging and excellent moves, but without enough speed, won't hit. While Sturdy fixes this problem, Weak Armor would better allow a Brave Bird, as you could easily eat the recoil. Also, Weak Armor only decreases Def. if the user is hit by a PHYSICAL move. Skarmory falls in OU which puts it with a lot of fire types. It could in theory fall into uber depending on the set. But in OU, you'd have a better chance of utilizing it's ok Attk., as uber has many Pokémon with high Phys. Def. Skarmory really doesn't need Phys. Def. As I said, fighting types won't hurt it super effectively, instead doing neutral damage. Many fire type moves are Spec. and almost ALL elec. moves are Spec. Skarmory just doesn't need Phys. Def. that much. The Assault Vest is a nice touch, boosting Skarmory's base 40 Spec. Def. And on a full damage moveset, the Assault Vest's second effect is basically nonexistent. Otherwise, I really like this set.

kitedo

Skarmory, the famous settler in the game. Usually when I see one I almost immediately guess that it's going to lead, stealth rock the field and spike it up before whirlwinding me away. While this is the most famous play, Skarmory can be an offensive little feller too.

Pros

Highest physical defense of all flying types
Steel secondary typing neutralizes flying weaknesses barring electric
Access to roost for recovery
Flying typing negates the ground weakness
Access to curse and sword dance allows it to be run offensive as well

Con

While its physical defense is gorgeous, its HP could use some help
Offenses of 80/40 is bad. Skamory needs those sword dances or curses to sweep
Low special defense. This thing cannot tank a special attack, unless it's a grass move
No man land speed; too fast for trick room and too slow for standard meta.
It does not like magnet pull at all, especially coming from magneton or magnezone
Its abilities are sub par in comparison to others

Ability
Keen Eye: Opponent cannot lower this Pokémon’s accuracy. The Pokémon ignores evasion boosts of the opponent. Eh, I would run this ability if I'm running a curse set and I'm not playing by smogon rules. Beats the other two at least
Sturdy: The Pokémon will remain with 1 HP if it was going to be knocked out by a move when at full Hit Points, and it is immune to One Kit KO moves. With that high physical defense, you would think Skarmory would need this. But sturdy is what makes it the lead pokemon, since even if a special attack hits it, it will still be alive to at least put up rocks on the field.
Weak Armor: When hit by an attack, the Pokémon's Defense is lowered by one stage but Speed is increased by one stage. My favorite. I can switch into a physical move and take advantage of skarmory's high defenses to get one stage in speed. I can also sword dance my way up and start sweeping after 2 stages of weak armor.

The Skars of Battle:

EV: 248 HP, 252 Attack, 8 Speed
Ability: Weak Armor
Item: Leftover
Nature: Impish/Adamant

Moves

Drill Peck
Iron Head
Night Slash
Sword Dance

The weak armor set cannot afford to take any more damage, so brave bird is out and drill peck is in. Iron head is for stab. Both these moves can be tanked by steel, so night slash is there for everything not bisharp. Sword dance takes advantage of that high physical bulk to buff up skarmory for 2 stages while its speed keeps increasing.

Countering Skarmory

Anything that scouts with fake out kind of throws the weak armor set off. Mega lopunny fake out+ quick attack may have enough to KO it depending on how much damage it has remaining. Same thing with weavile fake out+ ice shard. The sturdy set is weak to skill link, although with that high defense skill link might not be OHKO skamory anytime soon. Skamory switching to stealth rock and being hit by a special attack would get it OHKO. The standard sturdy set, Spikes, stealth rock, roost and whirldwind/brave bird are completely walled by magnet pull magneton/magnezone. Magic coat put all those hazards and shifting shennanigans away and either thunderbolt or volt switch would OHKO it. Taunt forces switches and will o wisp cripples curse/sword dance sets.

Last edited:

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
pokemo1612.gif

Skarmory is cool, love its design and its shiny is one of the prettiest designs in pokemon (IMO) and defo an unique mon, he is hard to use in doubles since offensively
he is outclassed by many other Flying type and steel type mons which are currently very dominating. but it does have Sky drop which is great move on him since he is slow and bulky
and after it takes a hit by a faster target the next turn while in the air it renders the targets turn making it a good target for your partner to aim on while having no fear of attacking him back
(Works quite well when your partner protects the first turn so it has a free play next turn) and his Sturdy ability can function as a great savior in order for him to set up Tailwind for example incase he gets by a special fire move or something.

I tried Skarmory in VGC and I'll score it a 7/10 for perfomance because it is a nice support but in the current VGC metagame threads like Heartran,
rotom-W and CharY make his presence quite short, but with the right partners it can still leave a big mark in fight I would say.

I have used him with Tyranitar and M-Garchomp and there it's support roll is great.

Here's my set:

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Abillity: Sturdy
Nature: Careful
EV's: 252 HP / 236 Sp.def / 20 Speed
- Sky Drop
- Iron head / Taunt
- Feint
- Tailwind

The given EV's are so spent to give Skarmory as much Sp.def bulk it needs in order take Hyper Voices very well, and with 236 hitting a double point in stats while 20 Speed will make Skarmory
have 186 Speed after tailwind enough to outspeed all fairies with Iron head and outspending max 117 Base speeds.

This skarmory is focusing on support making use of good typing and Tailwind & Sky drop support for its partners, when using skarmory you wanna run a partner that can handle fire types
so Tyranitar comes to mind or Garchomp (M-Garchomp has in general good synergy with Skarmoy due skarmory allows Garchomp to inflict EQ and can Iron head fairy types
to score kills for Garchomp against fairies.) These three make in general a good VGC core. Anyway, on to its move set.

Leftovers This is the item of choice for this set, as it allows Skarmory to have a two turn of 1/16 recovery with Sky Drop, of course Sitrus berry is an option aswell but
it doesn't really add something in my experience since it has Sturdy to. But its personal taste.

Sky drop This is an important move on skarmory as with its general bulk it is able to take a hit and Sky drop will send him and his foe in the air giving your partner the ease to not be concerd about the target in the air or nail it when its down waiting for the next turn to occur, this makes skarmory quite unique in the metagame aswell because the other Sky drop user is Aerodactyl and he is fast and is killed easier when using this support since the second turn he is more quicker done and the target can move incase it was slower the previous turn. Great support move in general.
Tailwind This allows Skarmory to reach a great speed tier thanks to his already above average speed for a waller and gives its partners a sweet speed boost aswell, and like I said before M-garchomp loves this. Now comes the clutch move called Feint and while this move is weak for skamory its secondary effect is very crucial because it allowes your partner to spam Earthquake (Hench Garchomp again lol)
and pierces through Wide guard and Protect which are popular moves in the VGC metagame. This is also great to score a gang surprise kills on your opponent's mega-mons that rely on a speed boost, take M-Salamence or M-beedril who always run Protect on their sets, they will be shocked and can ruin their momentum very hard. The third move is rather filler, Taunt is nice to stop prankster mons or Trick room setters but in general Iron head is a better move for coverage because with an EQ partner like Garchomp or Mamoswine it can score kills on Sylveon and M-gardevoir, not to mention that with tailwind you also have that luck factor for flinching your opponent.

Last edited:

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
Just an FYI that attacking sets are bad and should be mentioned never. I'd only ever use it to troll bad players (and I have).

Mye

Someone has to win..
Just an FYI that attacking sets are bad and should be mentioned never. I'd only ever use it to troll bad players (and I have).

See, for me it really depends on what tier skarmory is used in. If skarmory were to suddenly fall to something like UU (which would be pretty rare, but not unheard of) we could see something along the lines of swords dance/roost/whirlwind/attacking move be used as a way to get around sub-boosters. That being said, if you're using skarmory for its attack stat then you're kinda using it incorrectly

Also, in the pros/cons section, I'm assuming mantine getting a prevo and skarmory not getting one (despite both pkmn literally being mirrors of eachother) will be put as a con?

KillerDraco

Also, in the pros/cons section, I'm assuming mantine getting a prevo and skarmory not getting one (despite both pkmn literally being mirrors of eachother) will be put as a con?

No, as this literally doesn't affect Skarmory in the slightest.

Countering Skarmory

Anything that scouts with fake out kind of throws the weak armor set off. Mega lopunny fake out+ quick attack may have enough to KO it depending on how much damage it has remaining.

...If you're unironically suggesting Mega Lopunny as a counter to Skarmory, then I'm very concerned. It's the other way around; Skarmory is one of the best counters to Mega Lopunny. Weak Armor is utter garbage and should not be used. Offensive Skarmory is bad and Weak Armor prevents Skarmory from doing its main job, which is walling physical attackers. It's not viable at all.

Please do not suggest checks/counters based around Weak Armor, because it simply isn't used, and thus trying to take Weak Armor into consideration is a horrid idea. Fake Out in general is a pretty poor thing to use on Skarmory, since it sometimes uses Rocky Helmet, in which case you're dealing negligible damage to Skarmory while taking more significant damage yourself. On Leftovers sets, it'll just heal back the Fake Out damage anyway, so if your intent is to break Sturdy with it, it usually doesn't work.

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
See, for me it really depends on what tier skarmory is used in. If skarmory were to suddenly fall to something like UU (which would be pretty rare, but not unheard of) we could see something along the lines of swords dance/roost/whirlwind/attacking move be used as a way to get around sub-boosters. That being said, if you're using skarmory for its attack stat then you're kinda using it incorrectly

Except Skamory is an OU mon, so there is no point of discussing its possible applications in lower tiers unless it is legal in lower tiers. Plus it'd probably be banned anyway.

Not having a prevo is not a flaw on its competitive merit. Skamory's main flaws are its frailty on the Special side if uninvested and the inability to run all of its support options at once. A STAB (Iron Head or Brave Bird, Drill Peck could probably get an OO mention for not causing recoil) and Roost are mandatory, leaving only two slots for Stealth Rock, Spikes, Counter, Whirlwind, Defog, Toxic, and Taunt.

Last edited:

kitedo

To each its own if you guys think weak armor is bad. I personally find it awesome that I can set up 2 sword dances because its high physical defense can tank any neutral hit well and sweep with it.

You guys might kill me, but I do the same thing for mandibuzz, except I use nasty plot instead of sword dance

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
To each its own if you guys think weak armor is bad. I personally find it awesome that I can set up 2 sword dances because its high physical defense can tank any neutral hit well and sweep with it.

You guys might kill me, but I do the same thing for mandibuzz, except I use nasty plot instead of sword dance
Until they send out a Thundurus or any remotely strong special attacker and proceed to not care about your outclassed sweeper.

Mandibuzz is even worse, as it has a Base Special Attack of 55. I'd rather use Calm Mind Blissey, and Calm Mind Blissey hasn't been good since Gen III.

Deltadromeus

I am not going to go into a post about sets. There is enough already. Instead, I will be going into:

COUNTERING SKARMORY

The very first thing that came to mind is Thundurus. He can Taunt Skarmory, and then 2KO with Thunderbolt. As mentioned before, Mega Ampharos's sole purpose in life was to destroy every single Skarmory ever. Mega Sableye scares Skarmory quite a lot too. Not only can it burn Skarmory the turn it Mega Evolves, Magic Bounce will bounce back any setup Skarmory wants to set up. Whirlwind? Bounced back. As Skarmory is floundering around, Sableye can set up Calm Minds and become pretty unstoppable. Actually, just about any special attack will greatly damage Skarmory. When you are beaten by Delphox...

Jokes aside, any decently strong electric, fire, or even water attack will do a fair amount of damage to Skarmory. Rotom-W is resistant to both of it's STABs, immune to spikes, and does tons of damage with Volt Switch. Heatran will destroy Skarmory with Heat Wave or Flamethrower. Basically, you need to hit Skarmory specially, and you are just fine. It really isn't hard to counter, let alone check, as long as you have a balanced team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.