• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #101

Status
Not open for further replies.

philzone

Ready for trumpets
But guys what about Trick Room, GUYS WHAT ABOUT TRICK ROOM.

Prankster. PRANKSTER! (for thundurus I, but you are kinda screwed for thundurus -t)

@Ilan and BH. I see your point.

Ilan

But guys what about Trick Room, GUYS WHAT ABOUT TRICK ROOM.

It is also quite rare specially in ubers.. I always see it in POTW helping threads but it is actually a very rare strategy in singles.. and if trick room is active the last thing the opponent will do is to use taunt..

Actually thunderu-t have counters based on the set he uses.. if he doesn't use grass knot then gastordon can wall him.

Kraleck

It is also quite rare specially in ubers.. I always see it in POTW helping threads but it is actually a very rare strategy in singles.. and if trick room is active the last thing the opponent will do is to use taunt..

Actually thunderu-t have counters based on the set he uses.. if he doesn't use grass knot then gastordon can wall him.

Even though I preach "tiers are crap" as often as possible, Thundurus, like many of the other PotW we've had, has the luxury of having many checks & counters banished to lower tiers. If not direct Pokemon checks/counters, then indirect Strategy checks/counters as you've pointed out, Ilan. Trick Room hinders Thundurus a lot in either form, but the primary users worth facing Thundurus can't risk showing their faces in the Overused and Uber neighborhoods without getting massacred...

tomjames1966

Gen 5 1v1 set

Thunderous
-Max Sp.Atk/ Max Spd/ 4HP
Prankster
@Focus Sash
-Nasty Plot
-Thunderbolt
-HP Ice
-T-Wave
Thunderous, while banned to Ubers, is still allowed in the Gen 5 1v1 tier. This means that we now have access to a Powerful Nasty Plot sweeper. His focus sash will guarantee a Nasty Plot Boost (unless Breloom or Cloyster is involved) as in 1v1 there are no rocks. Now, this set has a chance to kill cloyster, albeit an unreliable one. You could T-Wave and, if he is paralyzed twice you can KO him with Thunderbolt.

Status
Not open for further replies.