• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #104

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachmac

I'll got with a physical set, just for the fun:

Pressure @ Life Orb
Adamant w/ 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP

- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch/Psycho Cut
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Not really the best set, but it's always a fun change.
Fighting/Psychic is actually some pretty good coverage. The only thing you'll really fear is opposing Psychic types, so I'd keep both Psycho Cut and Drain Punch, along with Ice Punch to hit Latios, Latias, and Lugia for super effective damage.

Kraleck

Electro Ball generally wouldn't be worth it in Ubers due to the fact that a lot of Pokemon either resist it anyhow, or in the case of pokemon like Kyogre which it would hit super effectively, it will not do more to it than Thunderbolt.

Electro Ball is useless. Even with Scarf Mewtwo vs Defensive Dialga you are only hitting with a pathetic 80 base power. Thunder, and even Thunderbolt are better. Slower things that MIGHT be hit with 120 or higher BP Electro Ball are things like Chansey or Ferrothorn who are better off being hit with different moves anyhow.

Also Thunder has a 30% Paralysis rate which is cool.

Thanks, guys. Hadn't had the opportunity to do any number crunching due to illness, so I had to get that particular Move option analyzed. Duly noted.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Wide Lens

Nobody gives a crap about Wide Lens do they. It boosts accuracy of each attack by 10% so you have pretty accurate moves.

Psystrike
Blizzard/Thunder
Focus Blast
Fire Blast

Wide Lens

Timid

252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Def

If you're gonna dare try this, good luck.

Or you can run Life Orb + Ice Beam / Thunderbolt / Flamethrower / Aura Sphere and hit harder while being more accurate.

Ísjaki

Flood Of Red
Only a masochist should should run focus blast on mewtwo

Rayofquazar

Yeah... I know... I'm too late! But I got very busy this week and totally forgot that this week is one of my favorite legendary pokemon. I use one in my uber team. While I do agree, that mewtwo fell of grace since it's introduction back then, It is still one of the best special sweepers in the game. It's typing let's it down a little for lack of resistances and it's defenses are somewhat low in the uber tier (Same problem with rayquaza). Mewtwo compensate it's weak points with a movepool as vast as space and a speed stat so horrifying, that it can outspeed a very large amount of the uber metagame and hit them hard with that 154 special attack stat, again one of the highest in the game! With the introduction of new pokemon, threats have emerged, notably extreme killer arceus as it can take an unboosted aura sphere from mewtwo while doing serious damage to it with extremespeed. But even that is not sure of a counter as mewtwo can take an extremespeed and since most mewtwo's run life orb or expert belt, that aura sphere will be doing a lot of damage.

My personal set:
Mewtwo@life orb/expert belt
Evs: 252Sp ATT/ 252 Speed/ 4 Sp DEF or HP
Nature: + Speed / - ATT or + Sp ATT / - ATT
Movepool:
-Psystrike
-Ice beam
-Thunder / Thunder bolt
-Aura sphere

An all out special attacker set. Very useful, very effective and scary... I run expert belt over life orb because I hate the 10% HP loss and I cannot stand choice items! Psystike is for STAB and does more damage than aura sphere to chansey and blissey. Ice beam is for all those dragons that fill the uber tier especially rayquaza. Thunder is a good options in rain teams as it has riddiculous power and hits kyogre for a lot of damage. Thunderbolt is if you are not using mewtwo in rain. Aura sphere rounds out the coverage by hitting darkrai, and dialga hard. Dialga walls all your other moves!

EVS are obvious while nature is tricky! I used to run +Sp ATT / - ATT nature until I faced a darkrai. Stayed in thinking that mewtwo naturally outspeeds darkrai and aura sphere is more than enough for bringing it down. Until poof! Drak pulse and mewtwo got creamed! From that typical battle, I changed mewtwo's nature to boost speed instead just in case I faced another similar darkrai!

Mewtwo appreciates a little team support like double screens and why not a little special attack boost to be all great! I usually baton pass shell smash boosts to rayquaza with a focus sash that often sweeps entire teams with it if done successfully, but once I baton passed them to mewtwo. It managed to kill one opponent before arceus put a stop to it! It was a disaster! I lost that battle because rayquaza is very bad without the boosts!

All in all, mewtwo is fearsome, it rightfully deserves the title of legendary and most of the times it will do serious damage to opponent's team before falling down!

Status
Not open for further replies.