• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #120

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luthor

other options

i put these up for the other options they've either not been mentioned or not mentioned very much. Mostly just because this week seems somewhat threadbare.
Toxic-While a good status to inflict breviary is better off pure attacking
Sky Attack-generally inferior to brave bird. Though it would be a powerful hit. does get STAB
Hone claws-Braviary rarely has time for this but I suppose it could be useful
Giga impact- 1 power attack but you probably won’t last the turn afterward. I guess you could use it as a move of last resort when you now it won’t survive but I wouldn't recommend it. Does get stab
Thrash-powerful but with obvious downside. Does get STAB
Facade- Braviary doesn't get hit with enough status to be of much use but it does get STAB and could have some use i guess
Retaliate-potentially useful depending on how it is used but it does get STAB
Attract- I suppose you could use this as a joke. Male only species flirting but not really useful
Swagger- not the best option for Braviary but it is an option

Kraleck

Braviary was once thought (by me) to be the best normal/flying type pokemon removing staraptor from it's throne... It had a great attack, better defenses and a fighting type physical move to help it muscle through rock and steel types. But, braviary turned out to be one of the best but not the best... The only thing that let braviary down was it's speed... For me braviary's speed is in an unfortunate speed zone from 65 to 85 that are neither good in trick room or outside leaving a lot of pokemon outspeeding it in both circumstances. With mediocre defeses, it won't be lasting long... Bulk up can raise this pokemon's defense making it somewhat bulky physically while raising it's attack to very good levels. Choice scarf can ideally be used on braviary to revenge kill frail or weakened pokemon. Choice band give braviary a huge attack.

Braviary has 1 bad ability, 1 situational ability, and one good but waisted ability. Keen eye is useless, defiant depends on a random stat drop or intimidate pokemon and sheer force powers up moves with secondary effects which braviary sadly lacks. The best one is defiant... an attack boost is always welcomed!

Braviary needed more speed to shine... It is one of the best normal/flying types but sadly it's playing in NU... There, it can be a monster in the right hands. I never used a braviary and I never had a hard time getting through it... My raichu almost always OHKO with thunderbolt after a boost from lightningrod or nasty plot!

I love the way you think on Trick Room VS Non-Trick Room Speed. I've always had it at 51-79 for that Unfortunate Speed Zone by my experiences, but there isn't too much you can really do up to 90 either. Braviary's Speed is the major drawback of what's otherwise an awesome Pokemon. I actually used one in Black 2 and White 2 once I had access to trades. I prefer the Sheer Force route for most in-game stuff, but Defiant definitely has its uses in Competitive where Intimidate is more prevalent. The ease of access to Defiant Braviary in White 2 early-on is a blessing. The only issue I have is Life Orb + Sheer Force is a very tempting option over Defiant in some cases...

2406Blackbird

CasualMediocre Gamer
Just some more bad puns:
Land of the Free and home of the Braviary
He's a little Rufflet around the edges

Status
Not open for further replies.