• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #131

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Time for the next Pokémon of the Week, and this time we have a Sinnoh Pokémon

463.png

It's the evolution of Lickitung, Lickilicky. It's a very defensive Pokémon and is capable of a fair bit

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/463.shtml

Go nuts

Lucario Fan

Ability: Own Tempo
Item: Leftovers
Moves: Shadow Ball, Body Slam, Zen Headbutt, Chip Away

Mr Spaz

Loading title. Please wait.
Wall Set
Ability: Own Tempo
Item: Leftovers
Moves: Toxic
Protect
Wish
Body Slam
EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/252 SpD

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Choice Band:

Lickilicky @ Choice Band
Trait: Cloud Nine
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Return
- Power Whip
- Hammer Arm
- Earthquake

CB Lickilicky. Somewhat a weather stopper. Return is a powerful STAB move. Maybe kills thread that doesn't resist it. Power Whip nails Politoed and Keldeo. It also deal with Hippowdon. Hammer Arm wrecks TTar with super-effective damage. It also hits Scizor, Terrakion, Kyurem-B, Ferrothorn and other Steels. EQ hits Ninetales, un-Ballooned Heatran and other stuffs. But I think Lickilicky just doesn't wreck weather summoner well. Most of them can outspeed Lickilicky, so I think Lickilicky is just not enough to stop weather team or whatsoever.

Other options for this set: Explosion, Gyro Ball, Zen Heatbutt.

Choice Specs:

Lickilicky @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Another Choiced set, same role; to kill weather summoners. Thunderbolt hits Politoed, Jellicent and rain team. It also hits Gyarados, Skarmory and other Flying-types. Surf hits Ninetales, Hippowdon, Volcarona, Heatran, Lando-T and Fire-types. Shadow Ball for coverage and also hits Gengar, Lati@s, Starmie, Reuniclus, Azelf. Last, Focus Blast nails TTar, Heatran (again), Empoleon, Ferrothorn.

Other options on this set: Fire Blast (for Scizor, Forretress, Ferrothorn), Ice Beam (for Dragons), Round (lol STAB).

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
ExpertLicky or Lickurlifegoodbye?
Lickylicky @ Expert Belt / Life orb
Trait: Own Tempo
Nature: Quiet
IV: 31/31/31/31/31/0
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
- Surf / Muddy Water
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

This set aims to kill with supereffective hits but needs Trick Room support to be at it's full potential,
with four elemental move slots your coverage is perfect, and the abillity own tempo makes great for sweeping as confusing won't stop you.
(In doubles this can work excellent with an teammate with Flatter)
And Trick room counts for each set in my opinion.

Gimmilicky
Lickylicky @ Leftovers
Trait: Cloud nine
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def - 252 Sp.def / 4 Spd
- Me First
- Toxic
- Wish
- Flamethrower

Me first is gimmicky but can be result in an huge suprise kill to Dragons and maybe even Fighting types. (Like scrafty)
This can only work under Trick room though. Flamethrower is there to deal with pesky Steel types, while the others can be toxiced.

Gravilicky
Lickylicky @ Leftovers / Life orb
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 sp.attack / 4 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Thunder
- Blizzard
- Surf / Wish

This set makes great use for gravity users, with gravity active your moves always hit.
Surf is there for coverage but when you prefer health go for Wish + Leftovers.

Lord Zoroark

Master Tactician
ExpertLicky or Lickurlifegoodbye?
Lickylicky @ Expert Belt / Life orb
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
- Surf / Muddy Water
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

This set aims to kill with supereffective hits but needs Trick Room support to be at it's full potential,
with four elemental move slots your coverage is perfect, and the abillity own tempo makes great for sweeping as confusing won't stop you.
(In doubles this can work excellent with an teammate with Flatter)
And Trick room counts for each set in my opinion.

Gimmilicky
Lickylicky @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def - 252 Sp.def / 4 Spd
- Me First
- Toxic
- Wish
- Flamethrower

Me first is gimmicky but can be result in an huge suprise kill to Dragons and maybe even Fighting types. (Like scrafty)
This can only work under Trick room though. Flamethrower is there to deal with pesky Steel types, while the others can be toxiced.

Gravilicky
Lickylicky @ Leftovers / Life orb
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 sp.attack / 4 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Thunder
- Blizzard
- Surf / Wish

This set makes great use for gravity users, with gravity active your moves always hit.
Surf is there for coverage but when you prefer health go for Wish + Leftovers.

Regarding your last set: Lickilicky cannot have both Cloud Nine AND Wish.

Kraleck

Lickitung was kinda terrible until it got this blessing from Arceus. Lickilicky has a lot going for it.

Stats:
-HP - Near Godly - Base 110 is great for 101+ Substitutes and general survivability.
-Attack - Slightly-Above Average - Base 85 could be better, but, looking at the other assets (huge Movepool, tank-y build, etc.), it's perfectly fine.
-Defense - Great - Base 95 works wonders with that HP.
-Sp.Atk - Average - Base 80 is in that "could be better, but would be OP" zone Attack is in.
-Sp.Def - Great - Base 95 works...whoa, deja vu...
-Speed - Borderline (Trick Room) - Base 50 could be much lower, but, fortunately, you have access to Curse and Hammer Arm.

Abilities:
-Oblivious - *Kraleck used Yawn. Kraleck took a snooze. Kraleck used Snore.*
-Own Tempo - *Reader used Wake-Up Slap.* This is a pretty solid Ability with Confuse Ray and Swagger being an option for so many Pokemon.
-Cloud Nine (DW) - One sweet Ability right here. Takes Abomasnow, Tyranitar, Hippowdon, Ninetales, and Politoed down a peg...

Regarding Licki's Movepool, you've got a wide variety of butt-kickery. Not only that, but you can go Physical, Special, Status, or Mixed with this one Pokemon - something commonplace with Normal Types, but usually not as a highly useable tank. Not only that, but the unpredictability factor is equally huge and useable. You never know what Licki' will pull out of its bag o' tricks...

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Support Lickilicky
463.gif

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Impish - Own Tempo
252 HP, 168 Def, 88 Sp. Def
-Wish
-Heal Bell
-Dragon Tail / Return
-Toxic

Pretty good overall support set. Makes a great NU cleric, sort of a miniature Snorlax in a way. Unfortunately it doesn't pack a lot of power and needs to rely on Toxic or Return to deal damage.

Lickiliky the Destroyer
463.gif

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Careful - Own Tempo
252 HP, 252 Sp. Def, 4 Attack
-Return
-Wish
-Curse
-Earthquake / Power Whip / Gyro Ball

Spam Curse, Wish as necessary, destroy ****.​

pika250

In the Pre-evolution Corner, we have Lickitung, whose LC sets match those of its evolution's, except with LC-style EVs.

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
Lickilicki
Adamant
Own Tempo
Leftovers
EV's 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Def
Substitute
Focus Punch
Body Slam
Ice Punch

Well, I don't find a set for this one, so I proceed with puns and jokes (sitll, I note, Refresh is usable):
"Trickilicky???" (for a Trick Room set, note that it needs someone else to set it up, Gyro Ball suggested) or "Trickylicky???"

For Lickitung in LC (Serebii, you have been constantly missing the Little Cup entries lately):
"Skitty got your Licki-tongue?" (Skitty instead of Delcatty because it's Little Cup, and yes, it's based on the episode in the TV series, when Gen III was around)

I have no more, you don't need to use both, one is enough.

TurboMechaElgyem

I am shockedcthis set has yet to be mentioned. This is my go-to licky set

Badda-boom
Lickilicky@normal gem/life orb
-Explosion
-Power Whip
-Earthquake
-Swords Dance/Protect
252 atk 252 speed or hp 4 sp def
Cloud Nine
Adamant/Careful/Brave/Sassy/Relaxed/Impish

Simple tactic. Swords Dance once or twice (trick room is viable) then rip it all apart. This set works both offensively and defensively and in both singles and doubles (I created variations for each)

Eaglehawk

Banned
Damn. It's been a long time since I did one of these lol. Let's get working.

Hey! I can sweep too!
Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant (+Att, - SpA)
252 HP / 252 Att / 4 SpD
- Swords Dance
- Return / Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Power Whip / Explosion / Substitute

The title was a complete lie. Lickilicky cannot sweep even if its life depended on it (most of the time it does and it fails heavily). Furthermore, there are a bajillion other Pokemon that can run a Swords Dance set better than he can. Why use him, you may ask. Well, simply put, Lickilicky has the very valuable ability Cloud Nine, which shuts down weather sweepers. With this ability, you can safely switch into green frogs or ponies or foxes or lava crabs and set up or threaten them. Normal + Ground move coverage gives you neutral and super-effective damage against a lot of weather-based threats. Return is your general damage nuke, but you can opt for Body Slam to play a more "supportive" role with paralysis. Earthquake is for general coverage and allows you punch through Tyranitar and Ninetales. The last slot is pretty much based on one's preference. Power Whip allows Lickilicky to punch through Bulky Waters that can stop his "sweep" (e.g. Tentacruel, Jellicent, Vaporeon, dumb green frog). Explosion is a questionable choice since it's counter-intuitive to what this set tries to accomplish. However, it can use the move to completely burn out and shut down either a boosted sweeper or a problematic key pokemon on the opponent's team. Substitute gives it an easier time to set up its Swords Dance against walls, especially Bulky waters, especially those bulky waters that rely on Rain for the extra damage.

Now, you may be wondering "How can this even work well?" Simply put: cheese pick. It's so uncommon in OU that no one expects it, so when a person runs into a Lickilicky, he or she doesn't really know how to respond to it as well.

New one's a bit late innit?

If you mean the new POTW thread is late since it hasn't been posted yet, not quite. If I remember correctly, Serebii generally posts the new threads at around 8 A.M. EST, which is in about 7 hours after the time I post this. It'll be a little while longer.

sbktdreed

Veteran Trainer
Physical
Oblivious w/ Lum Berry/Leftovers
Adamant/Brave w/ 252 Attack, 252 HP, 6 Defense/Sp Defense
Façade/Chip Away/Body Slam/Return
Rollout/Rock Slide/Fire Punch
Zen Headbutt
Power Whip/Brick Break/Earthquake/Ice Punch/Hammer Arm/Thunderpunch

Special
Cloud Nine w/ Lum Berry/Leftovers
Modest/Quiet w/ 252 Sp Attack, 252 HP, 6 Defense/Sp Defense
Hyper Beam/Wring Out
Shadow Ball/Flamethrower
Focus Blast
Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Muddy Water

Countering-NU
Pokemon with Fighting-type moves like Throh.

Status
Not open for further replies.