• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #134

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Time for the next Pokémon of the Week, and this time we got one that has a few uses

518.png

It's Musharna, the odd sleep focused Pokémon

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/518.shtml

Go nuts

_Calm|Mind_

Follow the Path
Ability: Telepathy
Item: Leftovers
Moves: Hypnosis, Zen Headbutt, Thunder Wave, Gyro Ball

Lucario Fan

Ability: Forewarn
Moves: Psychic, Shadow Ball, Charge Beam, Energy Ball

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
^^^ Stop spamming (lucario fan and calm mind) those kind of post's are abo****ly useless as it misses important information.

Musharna_by_arkeis_pokemon.png

Musharna @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Abillity: Syrchronise
Nature: Bold
IV's 31/x/31/31/31/x-31
EV's: 252 HP 252 Def 4.spdef
-Moonlight
-Heal Bel/gravity/Trickroom
-Psychic
-Calm mind/Energy ball

Musharna has so MANY options..This is my personal favorite set,
she is a beast in NU, even when you make NU teams, you should always be prepared for Musharna as it can wreak havoc.
In my opinion, Musharna can be quite good in the higher tiers, but truely shinies in NU.
Moonlight is to quickly heal with massive HP. Heal bell, trick room or gravity depends on what your team could use the best
Pshycic to not be taunt bait, and either clam mind or Energy ball for coverage or stall.

Spinner

Pokemon Breeder
Tell me something, I know what you're thinking...

Musharna-
Quiet- Telepathy-252 special attack, 252 HP, 4 special defense-leftovers

Psychic
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Pain Split

Musharna really shines in doubles- telepathy allows its partner to go to town hammering away with sweeping but otherwise dangerous moves.

Psychic, Shadow Ball, and Energy Ball provide decent coverage, and while Musharna has good special attack, it is a great wall plus works in trick room very well. Pain Split is its best healing option, and a good one, and can devastate enemy walls. This set works well in singles, although telepathy should be replaced with synchronize there (get a burn, give a burn)

Helping Hand is also good in doubles, replace shadow ball or energy ball depending on your needs. But I like (and use) the set I gave.

I really only play the official tournaments and in-game, so forgive me if this doesn't fit other rules. But it works quite well!

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
YesyesyesyesyesYES! 8D Finally! Musharna is my favorite Pokemon. I have been waiting for this forever! It was about time.

DP310.jpg

I don't want to hear any more fetus jokes. >_> They really should've had the eyes open in it's game sprite. It's adorable. <3

Musharna @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
Bold
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Calm Mind
Stored Power/Psychic
Moonlight
Hidden Power Fighting/Baton Pass

A set that has given me lots of success. After a few Calm Mind boosts, your STAB move of choice deals lots of damage. Moonlight is for recovery, Hidden Power is for coverage. You can also forego HP for Baton Pass to give your boosts to someone else if you want. EVs and nature boost your ability to take hits, and Leftovers adds gradual health restoration.

Last edited:

Kraleck

*inhales deeply* Hahh...Musharna...a slow, tank-y Psychic Type with a narrow Movepool and Abilities that don't suit it very well for Singles usage...let's see how we can salvage this...

Stats:
-HP - Near Godly - Base 116 is an impressive thing, even if Mush' isn't on appearance...plus, you do get Pain Split, Moonlight, and Rest for variety...
-Attack - Bad - Base 55 is just...no...
-Defense - Above Average - Base 85 helps you survive longer...
-Sp.Atk - Great - Base 105 is a huge asset after that huge HP, though there's a big limit on Move Types you can access without Hidden Power...
-Sp.Def - Good-bordering-Great - Base 95 helps you survive much longer than your Defense can...
-Speed - Good-bordering-Great (Trick Room) - Base 29 is a colossal help in Trick Room play and you can definitely spare the Moveslot in most cases...

Abilities:
-Forewarn - Unless you absolutely need to know what kind of set you may be against, skip it...
-Synchronize - Decent for Singles, even in Mush' isn't, and Paralysis and Burns don't hinder it much...but getting Poisoned or Badly Poisoned is another story...
-Telepathy (DW) - Useless in Singles, but allows you to Surf, Explosion, Earthquake, Lava Plume, and Discharge to your heart's content in Multi...

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
Musharna @ Choice Specs
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Signal Beam / Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Hidden Power [Ground] / Shadow Ball
- Trick / Baton Pass / Sleep Talk

This is a nice set to get away from the standard defensive sets Mush typically runs. A Specs Psychic actually does nice damage to anything that doesn't resist it. You can go for more coverage on everything with the first set of moves, or you can go with flawless neutral coverage with the second set. The last slot is really personal preference. You can use Trick to cripple a wall, Baton Pass for momentum if a Dark type that is faster and can tank a hit is alive (Or if you don't want to risk mispredicting), and Sleep Talk so it can take on Sleep Inducers. It's natural bulk gives it a ton of switch ins, and since its speed is so poor, you can run 252 HP for even more bulk. You can also go 0 IV's in Speed if you would like to use this set as a TR sweeper.

^^^ Stop spamming (lucario fan and calm mind) those kind of post's are abo****ly useless as it misses important information.

Musharna_by_arkeis_pokemon.png

Musharna @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Abillity: Syrchronise
Nature: Bold
IV's 31/x/31/31/31/x-31
EV's: 252 HP 252 Def 4.spdef
-Moonlight
-Heal Bel/gravity/Trickroom
-Psychic
-Calm mind/Energy ball

Musharna has so MANY options..This is my personal favorite set,
she is a beast in NU, even when you make NU teams, you should always be prepared for Musharna as it can wreak havoc.
In my opinion, Musharna can be quite good in the higher tiers, but truely shinies in NU.
Moonlight is to quickly heal with massive HP. Heal bell, trick room or gravity depends on what your team could use the best
Pshycic to not be taunt bait, and either clam mind or Energy ball for coverage or stall.

You call their posts useless yet you just dump out the standard set. Congrats.

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
Defensive pig
Bold
EV's 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 sp.def
Telepathy / Synchronize
Leftovers
Calm Mind
Moonlight
Psychic
HP Fighting

Telepathy is for double battles like if you want to use lava plume, explosion, earthquake, surf, etc.... Basically any move that will hit all pokemon will not hit musharna if it has this ability
Synchronize ie for singles like if someone were to use thunder wave or will o wisp on you then they get hit to and they will either be residually losing health each turn or slow enough to revenge kill at some point, or on the rare case of spore but I don't think breloom is in the sale tier as musharna so no worries XP

This pigs got glasses 0_0
Forewarn / Synchronize
EV's 252 HP, 252 Sp.atk, 4 def
Choice Specs
Psyshock
Shadow Ball
Charge Beam
HP Fighting / Energy Ball / Signal Beam

Psyshock is stabbed, shadow ball hits ghosts, hp fighting hits steels like steelix while charge beam can't hit it, or use energy ball so you can hit ground pokes hard and signal beam is pretty much just a bad filler, I don't really recommend it unless you just like the way the move works

Doesn't really have a lot of potential other than those sets, a hypnosis user and or a trick room set, but those have flaws in them cause when setting it up your vulnerable for a turn so.... But hey only I don't use those.....

Blasting Toise

Few ideas here:

Wallsharna
EV:s 4 Hp,252 Def, 252 Sp.Def
Nature: Bold, Relaxed, Calm, Sassy
Synchronize/Telepathy
Barrier/Reflect
Calm Mind/Light Screen
Psychic/Psyshock
Signal Beam/Hidden power Fighting

This set is based on defensive capabilities of Musharna.
Boosted with Calm Mind it can also strike back with it's repectable Sp. Attack
Psychic is better than Psyshock and Signal Beam is for Dark types but HP Fighting can also knock out problematic Steel types.

Baton Passharna
EV:s 4 Hp, 252 Def, 252 Sp.Def (can be spread differently)
Nature: Bold/Relaxed/Calm/Sassy
Items: Leftovers/Focus Sash
Calm Mind
Barrier/Substitute
Baton Pass
Stored Power/Psychic/Future Sight

Glaceon as father can produce cool baton passer with Reflect. Sets up special sweeper very nicely. Substitute can replace Barrier as well.
Stored Power before passing makes awfully lot of damage.
It can also attack with Psychic or leave Future Sight waiting to help in sweeping.

Special Attacker
EV:s 4 Hp/Def, 252 Def/Sp. Def, 252 Sp.Att
Nature: Modest/ Quiet
Item: Wise Glasses
Calm Mind
Psychic
Hidden Power Ice/Fighting/Energy Ball
Shadow Ball/Signal Beam

Boosted with Calm Mind Psychic works very nicely and Signal Beam/HP Fighting takes care of the Dark types.
Shadow Ball is another option to take care of other Psychics along with forementioned Signal Beam
Energy Ball is viable option along with HP Ice that knocks out Dragons.

Musharna in it's element
EV:s 252 Hp, 4 Def/Sp.Def/252 Sp.Att
Yawn/Hypnosis
Dream Eater/Nightmare
Psychic
Signal Beam/HP Fighting

I had to add some set with sleep-moves. Yawn takes more time but hits always or forces to switch.
Nightmare and Dream Eater of course require those sleeping moves and will miss if foe switches.... but this is Musharna after all :D .
Psychic is more reliable damage along with something for dark types and other problems such as Steel-types and other Psychics

Musharna sweeping(?)
EV:s 4Hp, 252 Sp.Att,252 Spd
Nature: Modest, Naive, Timid, Hasty
Item: Choice Scarf
Psychic
Signal Beam
Hidden Power Ice/Fighting
Shadow Ball

Surprising more than actually working set for Musharna I fear.
It probably still lacks the necessary speed for sweeping, but fast Musharna may surprise your foe.

Specsharna
EV:s 252Hp, 252 Sp.Att,4Sp. Def/Def.
Item: Choice Specs
Psychic/Psy Shock
Shadow Ball/Energy Ball
Hidden Power Ice/Fighting
Signal Beam

Pretty much same as the sweeping attempt only without sweeping attempt and with more punch for Sp. Att. :D

Other viable options: Moonlight (for defensive walls to keep them up), Protect(same purpose), Toxic, Thunder Wave, Swagger, Trick Room, Heal Bell, Gravity

Mushuarna@leftovers
Forewarn/synchronize
Bold
252HP/252DEF/4Spa
MoonLight
Calm mind
Psyshock
Hidden power fighting

This set is very usefull in lower tiers for mushuarna when not on a trick room team it functions just like reuniclus but with the ability to be hit by status and hail etc. Moves are fairly straight forward. Evs for maximum bulk.

Well musharna... Pretty good pokemon.
Anyways, I use musharna in a really gimmicky triple battle setup. 3 musharna all with Telekinesis, Hypnosis, Dream Eater and HP Fighting. Really self explanatory. If no dark pokes, telekinesis, then hypnosis then dream eater. This is my first post so don't expect a lot from this.

Swoobat

Musharna-
Quiet- Telepathy-252 special attack, 252 HP, 4 special defense-leftovers

Psychic
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Pain Split

Musharna really shines in doubles- telepathy allows its partner to go to town hammering away with sweeping but otherwise dangerous moves.

Psychic, Shadow Ball, and Energy Ball provide decent coverage, and while Musharna has good special attack, it is a great wall plus works in trick room very well. Pain Split is its best healing option, and a good one, and can devastate enemy walls. This set works well in singles, although telepathy should be replaced with synchronize there (get a burn, give a burn)

Helping Hand is also good in doubles, replace shadow ball or energy ball depending on your needs. But I like (and use) the set I gave.

I really only play the official tournaments and in-game, so forgive me if this doesn't fit other rules. But it works quite well!

Pain Split with that gargantuan HP stat? It's a terrible option outclassed by Moonlight.

No Overview, I'll go straight to the set.

Calmusharna...??? (My puns won't work, but I'll keep on it until I make a good one)
-Calm Mind
-Stored Power/Psyshock
-Shadow Ball/Energy Ball/Hidden Power Fire???
-Moonlight
Bold Nature
252 Def and: 236 HP/20 SDef OR 252 HP/4 SDef OR 240 HP/16 SDef
Leftovers
Musharna is... odd. Well, I'll get straight into it. It sure gets a good niche about the sleep status, but try this set out. It works better in Sun, DON'T USE THIS ON SANDSTORM, HAIL OR RAIN. Stored Power gets stronger by boosting and even stronger if we consider that we boost Sp. Atk. However, Psyshock is a smash on special walls and strong if you have trouble trying to set up. Shoukld you use this in Sun, you may want to use Hidden Power Fire. But I'm not sure. Energy Ball hits the huge amount of Water-types in NU, but Shadow Ball hits Misdreavus (who would otherwise counter you) and incoming Psychic-types. I'd rather use Energy Ball, but... Moonlight is recovery. It works great in Sun, too.

Forewarn VS Synchronize VS Telepathy
Forewarn is the preferred choice due to things like Pokémon that are either physical or special attackers or walls. But Synchronize can be a painful switch in for the opponent should he or she poison you using a tank. Telepathy for Doubles and Triples only, and only Telepathy in these.

Kraleck

Pain Split with that gargantuan HP stat? It's a terrible option outclassed by Moonlight.

Pain Split in Singles or against an opponent is a bad idea for Musharna, and usually a bad idea with full HP. However, getting HP from an ally in Doubles/Triples who can spare the HP and recover it, like Chans-Eviolite or Regen-bro, allows you to stay alive. Likewise, you can give some HP to a Pokemon on your side and keep them in the fight longer.

Plus, Moonlight is affected by the Weather, so Politoed, Hippopotas, Hippowdon, Tyranitar, Snover, and Abomasnow will screw your recovery over, but Vulpix and Ninetales will really help it...

Ability: Telepathy
Moves: Hypnosis, Zen Headbutt, Thunder Wave, Gyro Ball
Ability: Forewarn
Moves: Psychic, Shadow Ball, Charge Beam, Energy Ball
As much as the complaining of you two on this thread is annoying me, they do have some point. We can't just choose any set that is put down. There needs to be analysis that displays this set will do the trick. Without it, the set just looks like something hastily thrown together. The point of this is to make people better at competitive Pokemon, and we can't just know how your set works. If you truly want to help POTW, then try giving reasons and strategies along with your sets. :)

sbktdreed

Veteran Trainer
Synchronize w/ Leftovers
Modest w/ 252 HP, 252 Sp Attack, 6 Sp Defense
Psyshock/Psychic
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball/Signal Beam
Charge Beam

Countering-NU
High Sp Defense with Bug/Dark/Ghost-type like Bite & Will-o-wisp Flareon or Shadow Ball Glaceon.

Last edited:

pokefan2631

Creatorcraft Admin
my first potw collaboration

this is my first post so i dunno if im doing something wrong

musharna is a not so good pokemon in OU as it can be OHKO by any pokemon but in UU if you let it go easy it can OHKO any pokemon with a boosted psychic or stored power so don't take it lightly
abilites:
foreworn:not that good.It only tells you the foes strongest move and the opponent could predict if your switching or not

synchronize:a great ability.Getting burned means they get burned.Same thing with paralysis and poison.Great as you have rest and moonlight

telepathy(dw):eek:nly good in doubles you can use explosion with a pokemon with out hurting musharna.In singles useless

death by pig

calm mind
stored power
moonlight
HP bug

ability:synchronize
item:leftovers
nature:modest(+sp.atk -atk)
ev:252 sp.atk,252HP,4def

a set designed to hurt all pokemon in UU (except spiritomb)simple,use calm mind till your satisfied and then use stored power to OHKO almost all pokemon.And if you use calm mind 6 times you can OHKO BLISSEY.Blissey is the best special wall in the game and you just OHKO'ed it in 1 turn!moonlight grants you a recovery method,leftovers also and HP bug gets rid of dark types and psychics

other options:
toxic,trick room,substitute,thunder wave,rest,yawn,hypnosis
toxic poisons your opponent and chips away their life
trick room can be used on a sweeper set as it has a base 27 speed,just run 0 IV's in speed
thunder wave is horrible on musharna as it sometimes prevent the foe from moving(only good thing)and lowers speed,their still faster than you
rest is a altered moonlight heals you compleatly and keeps you safe from status problems
yawn just forces a switch out,either that or they go to sleep,giving you a chance to set up a calm mind
hypnosis does the same thing as yawn but with less accuracy

partners any thing that can set up trick room is a friend of musharna,reuniclus does the job

Last edited:

philzone

Ready for trumpets
Well, musharna is actually very decent in VGC. Under trick room, it out speeds amoonguss ans can KO with psychic or psyshock. Also it has the ability to counter trick room with imprison, and it has helping hand to aid allies. Telepathy is brilliant to VGC, since you can use spread moves

Status
Not open for further replies.