• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Refrijerator

Doom! ^_^
Politoed, Status Fun Time!
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 Sp. Attack, 252 HP, 4 Sp. Def
Moveset:
Scald/Surf/Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Toxic
Protect
Playstyle:
Pretty much get up a status and protect every few turns.

Wrave

Partners:
Tentacruel takes water hits and resists Grass and can also be like Stallrein in water thanks to Toxic and Rain Dish

Zapdos with Lightning Rod

Sap Sipping Sawsbuck is immune to Grass and can KO with a boosted Megahorn

5blackout55

Ace Trainer Blackout
Semismitoad ;537;

Semi-Drain, Semi-Heal

Item Leftovers

Ability Water Absorb

Nature Brave (+attack - Speed)

Attacks

Drain Punch

Aqua Ring

Ice Beam/Sludge Wave/Sludge Bomb/ Hidden Power (Fire)

Refresh

Pros

Water Absorbs heals Semisimtoad. Aqua Ring increases it hp each turn. Drain Punch deals with normals and absorbs more hp. Refresh heals any status condition. Ice Beam/Sludge Wave/Sludge Bomb/ Hidden Power (Fire) are your last resorts. All of which deals massive X4 damage to its only weakness: Grass

Cons

Only Fire Flying pokemon (Charizard) escapes this move set as Drain Punch is a fighting type move which Charizard is strong against due to its flying type, dealing only 0.5X damage to it. Ice Beam and Hidden Power (Fire) are also useless dealing only 1X and 0.5X damage respectively

Your Best bet is for the 2 poison type attacks and hope for that 10%/30% chance that Charizard gets poison... or switch out immediately

Overall this moveset is used as support or a way to prolong legendary pokemon battles so as to spam timer balls at em

Last edited:

TheAwesomeOne

Were did you get Semistoad from. A Water type without a Water type attack is not good. Charizard wouldn't want to stay in anyway.

Cometk

west side
Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Protect

Lanturn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Thunder
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SAtk / 56 SDef
- Hurricane
- Thunder
- Surf / Substitute
- Roost

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Payback
- Rapid Spin

Ludicolo (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SDef
- Leech Seed
- Surf / Giga Drain / Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Protect

Toxicroak (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Focus Punch
- Sucker Punch

I pretty much made a team for y'all. Might write descriptions later.

Last edited:

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
For Partners, anything that does well in the Rain gets a big mention. Things that are weak to Fire are good, especially Bug/Steels like Scizor and Forretress, and the new Ferrothorn can really make due with Rain being out. Swift Swimmers (for those who aren't using Smogon rules) can become sweepers. Hydration can help cure Pokemon like Dewgong and Vaporeon from Toxic. Thunder types can make due with having a perfect accuracy Thunder; Magnezone loves it as it can no longer fears Fire moves, AND can wreck with a perfect Accuracy STAB Thunder. Hurricane also gets a mention for perfect Accuracy, if you trying it out.

GirlKirbyZombie

Pokemon Rancher
Double/Triple Strategy

It's been a while since I posted some double/triple strategies. Anyways, here I go.

"If I help you, will you kiss me?"
Nature: Calm or timid
EVs: 252 spd, 129 Def, and 129 sp. Def
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves:
Helping hand
Encore/Protect/Taunt
Mud shot
Scald

Any water type would want to kiss this frog and turn him/her into a prince/ss with this move set. In triples, you can bring out a rainbow with Fire and Water pledges to increase the chance of a burn.

The Bouncy little Frog:
Nature: Jolly, Impish, or Careful
EVs: 252 spd, 192 Def, and 66 Sp. Def
Ability: Any including Drizzle
Moves:
Dive
Dig
Bounce
Swagger/Toxic/Attract

When teamed up with another stat-inflicting staller, You can attempy to out stall anything, even Chanseys when a taunting Weavile is around.

I kind of did these rather quickly, but I hope that it will do. Please critique.

5blackout55

Ace Trainer Blackout
Were did you get Semistoad from. A Water type without a Water type attack is not good. Charizard wouldn't want to stay in anyway.

As I said this is a support semisimtoad basically to fight its main weakness Grass and to spam Timer Balls

Stall
Nature: Bold
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 DEF and HP, 4 SPDEF
@: Leftovers

-Substitute
-Toxic/Hypnosis/Protect
-Toxic/Hypnosis/Protect
-Scald

What really sucks about Politoed is that I can't come up with a good nickname for this set! It's a load of poo but oh well. The idea is to, well, stall. Scald is the best offensive move for this set because of the Burn, and inflicting Burn status is awesome.

Idea: Stallitoed. xD

Meowmeow

selfproclaimed guru
Have we run out of ideas for Politoed so soon? Guess I'll make a gimmick set.

Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Attack and Speed, 4 HP

-Haze
-Rain Dance
-Waterfall
-Return

This is an attempt to be productive by trying to have a Haze set. Would be better if it had Psych Up to combo with Swagger. Politoed is a bulky Hazer so I'm sure there is something that can work.
I am going to add another counter for Politoed and it's Conkeldurr. So far, Conkeldurr looks like it can counter EVERYTHING. Even if Politoed was to carry Psychic, Conkeldurr could likely take the hit and let an Iron Fist boosted Mach Punch loose to kill Politoed after SR, or Hammer Arm possibly withOUT SR. At a 105/95/65 defensive spread, Conkeldurr could trounce Politoed with enough Special Defense EVs.
Another solid counter is Virizion. Leaf Blade will make mince meat out of Politoed and Virizion has the raw Special Defense to take an Ice Beam.

BTW Leapord, thanks for the help, but I was looking for something a little more comical like on my other sets

And now, I will continue to wait for Eelektross to become POTW.

Last edited:

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
^Problem with that set is that Water/Normal is walled by Empoleon though...

algae5

The toads many toes supported it well

Politoed can be used not only to create some nice rain but also has some decent support options to back up the stats and ability.
Politoed @ leftovers
Drizzle
Bold nature (+Def, -Att)
EV: 200 Hp, 200 Def, 108 Sdef
- Scald
- Ice Beam/Focus Blast
- Haze
- Hypnosis

This set is just a support set so that politoed can put itself to some use. Politoed is too slow to make speed investment useful, so instead a bulkytoed is the way to go. Hypnosis hits counters switching in hard, and then you can either switch out or scald while they switch out, the scald getting you more support in burn, which can make this toad somewhat of a physical wall, but not extremely reliable. Ice beam is a way to round out the coverage except for water, and if you want near perfect coverage but can deal with unreliability then you can go with focus blast. Haze just lends another support and somewhat of a filler, but if you want you can replace it with another attack to round out the coverage. It could also do a focus sash set if you took out the bulk and replaced it with speed and sp. att, but you will probably have to switch politoed back in at some point and its no fun switching in a 1 hp pokemon.

quilava1

Pokemon Master
Special Wall Politoad
Drizzle/Damp/Water Absorb
Surf/Hydro Pump
Rest/ Hidden Power Ground/ Ice Beam/ Hidden Power Fire/Refresh/Toxic/ Mud Bomb
Sleep Talk/ Toxic/ Refresh/Ice Beam/ Hidden Power Fire/ Hidden Power Ground/ Mudbomb
Ice Beam/Hidden Power Fire/Hidden Power Ground/ Mud Bomb
EVs: 252 Sp Def, 252 HP, 4 Sp. Attack
Item: Leftovers

Surf/Hydro Pump is Politoads main STAB move. Hydro Pump packs more punch but can easily miss. Surf, while not as powerful, hits easier. Rest/Sleep Talk is Politoads main health regainer. Ice Beam and Hidden Power Fire hit ground types hard, however, Hidden Power Ground hits Electric Pokemon nicely. If you choose not to use the rest-talk combo, those two slots become available. You could use one of these slots to tackle grass or electric pokemon (whichever one slot 4 doesn't take care of) as this gives you perfect type coverage. Refresh heals status and toxic allows phazing. as for abilities, drizzle is nice but should only be used in teams needing rain. Damp is much better in an average team as it prevents suicide explosions, which wins games. water absorb can be used as a way to regain health but will probaly never be used.

choice toad

item: choice scarf
ability: drizzle

surf/scald
ice beam
mud bomb
focus blast

nature:hasty
EV's: ( 252 spd, 252,sp.atk, 4 atk)

choice toad is basicaly a revenge killer built for garchomp the best counter for it and an exerlnt set up for rain if they change the wether politoed swiches it back . scald for stab/rain and burn chance , ice beam for dragons/grass , mud bomb for electrics, focus blast for coverage

windsong

WEST SIDE
Guys can we please stop saying Hasty Scarf Politoed is a Garchomp counter and stop slashing Drizzle with other abilities? Thanks!

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
In other options, Politoed could opt for a Physical set with Belly Drum/Waterfall/Body Slam/Earthquake, but it would require a lot of support to get it up and running and is a little slow to be used effectively. It's worth a mention though.

TheAwesomeOne

Have we run out of ideas for Politoed so soon? Guess I'll make a gimmick set.

Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Attack and Speed, 4 HP

-Haze
-Rain Dance
-Waterfall
-Return

This is an attempt to be productive by trying to have a Haze set. Would be better if it had Psych Up to combo with Swagger. Politoed is a bulky Hazer so I'm sure there is something that can work.
I am going to add another counter for Politoed and it's Conkeldurr. So far, Conkeldurr looks like it can counter EVERYTHING. Even if Politoed was to carry Psychic, Conkeldurr could likely take the hit and let an Iron Fist boosted Mach Punch loose to kill Politoed after SR, or Hammer Arm possibly withOUT SR. At a 105/95/65 defensive spread, Conkeldurr could trounce Politoed with enough Special Defense EVs.
Another solid counter is Virizion. Leaf Blade will make mince meat out of Politoed and Virizion has the raw Special Defense to take an Ice Beam.

BTW Leapord, thanks for the help, but I was looking for something a little more comical like on my other sets

And now, I will continue to wait for Eelektross to become POTW.

Just run Drizzle, it will save you a move slot.
Politoed's main Physical option should be:
Politoed@Leftovers/Choice Band
Drizzle
Adamant/Jolly
252 Att, 4 SpD, 252 Spe
-Belly Drum.Brick Break
-Earthquake
-Body Slam/Return
-Waterfall
Brick Break with Choice Band. Jolly with Band, but it could be with Leftovers as well.

Meowmeow

selfproclaimed guru
Just run Drizzle, it will save you a move slot.
Politoed's main Physical option should be:
Politoed@Leftovers/Choice Band
Drizzle
Adamant/Jolly
252 Att, 4 SpD, 252 Spe
-Belly Drum.Brick Break
-Earthquake
-Body Slam/Return
-Waterfall
Brick Break with Choice Band. Jolly with Band, but it could be with Leftovers as well.

I wanted to pull something with Haze. I wasn't exactly sure if Haze would remove weather effects. I didn't think so, but I wanted a healing method outside of Rest and went with Water Absorb.

Status
Not open for further replies.