• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachmac

A good counter for the Rain Stall I brought up earlier(And as I said, probably the only working stall set) is skill link cinccino, as it can tail slap it until it's down. Taunters and pokemon with Fake out+higher speed work well to.(Persian, Ambipalm).
with a 4x weakness to psychic you'll need to cover your bases, this is where x scissor comes in
Try sucker punch instead.

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
A good counter for the Rain Stall I brought up earlier(And as I said, probably the only working stall set) is skill link cinccino, as it can tail slap it until it's down. Taunters and pokemon with Fake out+higher speed work well to.(Persian, Ambipalm). Try sucker punch instead.

But they're all normal types, you're going to lose a good chunk of HP if you don't OHKO him. On a purely type and stat basis, not regarding specific movesets, psychic types are an obvious choice to take advantage of that 4x weakness and its mediocre defenses. But then there's sucker punch or dark pulse, so I would go with either Metagross or Bronzong. Neutral to darka dn fighting and immune to poison, although they are a little slow.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
...I feel like typing up my own digestion of Toxicroak.

Well, Toxicroak... A freaky Poison-Fighting type with reasonable stats and movepool, but not quite good enough for the OU tier. Most of the sets I've seen are stallers, but I personally think it could go for more. Always liked Toxicroak, that freaky lil' toad.

...How does that sound? Eh. I do think Toxicroak is farely good, but Y'know.

I've also been working on a set:

I AM A GLASS CANNON. @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
Trait: Dry Skin
124/128/252, Chronologically, Attack, Special Attack and Speed.
-Fake Out
-Me First
-Cross Chop
-Dark Pulse

Cross Chop is your main attack, providing STAB. Dark Pulse rounds it off and with the added Special Attack EVs it should do considerable damage. Fake Out is a nice Priority move. Me First is a surprize on this set. Steal a move with more power, especially moves that you yourself can't learn. If it is a Special move, it still causes enough damage with those Special investments.
Oh, do remember to set up rain first, though.

Last edited:

Zachmac

...I feel like typing up my own digestion of Toxicroak.

Well, Toxicroak... A freaky Poison-Fighting type with reasonable stats and movepool, but not quite good enough for the OU tier. Most of the sets I've seen are stallers, but I personally think it could go for more. Always liked Toxicroak, that freaky lil' toad.

...How does that sound? Eh. I do think Toxicroak is farely good, but Y'know.

I've also been working on a set:

I AM A GLASS CANNON. @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
Trait: Dry Skin
124/128/252, Chronologically, Attack, Special Attack and Speed.
-Fake Out
-Me First
-Cross Chop
-Dark Pulse

Cross Chop is your main attack, providing STAB. Dark Pulse rounds it off and with the added Special Attack EVs it should do considerable damage. Fake Out is a nice Priority move. Me First is a surprize on this set. Steal a move with more power, especially moves that you yourself can't learn. If it is a Special move, it still causes enough damage with those Special investments.
Oh, do remember to set up rain first, though.
Try jolly, it'll need the speed. And what is the point of HP recovery if it's a glass cannon? Me first sucks, except if you want to use it agaisnt the dragons of Uber...
But they're all normal types, you're going to lose a good chunk of HP if you don't OHKO him. On a purely type and stat basis, not regarding specific movesets, psychic types are an obvious choice to take advantage of that 4x weakness and its mediocre defenses. But then there's sucker punch or dark pulse, so I would go with either Metagross or Bronzong. Neutral to darka dn fighting and immune to poison, although they are a little slow.
But those two are OU. You have a good point about about the fake outers though. I forgot how pokemon behind substitutes don't flinch. Gligar works well, resistance to both stabs and both stabs are super effective.

Last edited:

Shinepoke

uhhmmm YES!
Simple Croaks

I think Toxicroak has very simple sets to put on:
Frogs Dance??
Poison Touch
Jolly
252 speed 252 attack 4 hp
Life Orb
Sword dance
Poison Jab
Cross Chop
Sucker Punch

I thnk this sweeper set is simple. Swords Dance gives you power enough to hurt with your stabs, Poison Jab and Cross Chop. Sucker Punch is for those darn psychics. Poison Touch because its 50% poison with poison Jab( I know its not toxic but its a better little add on for you).

I feel bad for the princess that has to choose this poison frog
Poison Touch
Jolly
252 speed 252 attack 4 hp
Choice scarf, choice band
Poison Jab
Cross Chop
Sucker Punch
Earthquake

Again Simple. The first three attacks is with same reasons as above. I added Earthquake for the nice coverage.

Bulk Up, You Dry Frog!!
Dry Skin
Careful
252 Hp 252 speacial defence 4 attack
Black Sludge
Bulk Up
Sucker Punch
Toxic
Cross Chop

More of a defensive/stuatus toad. Bulk up gives def and attack. Sucker punch for psychics. Toxic for badly poisoning. Cross Chop for stab. Careful because you gave def with bulk up. 252 spe def also cause bulk up and because a lot of psychics will still be after you. 252 HP to stay alive.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
Zach, I put in the added healing bit to recover from the Life Orb, prolonging his stay on the field as a Glass Cannon. And besides, his other abilities don't work well with this set, anyway. I'll edit the Jolly in, I think I just overlooked all those counter's speeds. Oh, and I kinda was expecting to use it against OU Dragons. I really do think he can be boosted to atleast BL. Eh.

Last edited:

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
Well, I'd guess it comes down to tommorow. Hoping atleast I contributed a lil' bit more than it seems... Oh well.

*PokeBloke*

I make it hawt
Physical Sweeping?
Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
Dry Skin / Jolly
252 Spd 160 Hp 96 Atk
-Sucker Punch
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Protect/X-Scissor/Bullet Punch/Thunder Punch/Stone Edge/Earthquake

Sucker Punch gets the priority too kill pesky 4x damage Psychics and also takes out Ghosts. Substitute to set up for Focus Punch and also damage healed back from Black Sludge and Rain. Protect for more healing from Sludge+Rain, X-Scissor for Grass walls and Psychics even though you have Sucker Punch, Bullet Punch for priority over some counters, Thunder Punch is 4th gen tutor move that could take out Flying weakness or Water Tanks that are boosted from Rain, Stone Edge for Flying weakness, EQ gets coverage.

SomeoneIGuess

?Hu Hsilaciryl
Oh wait Me First is actually a good move, except Toxicroak is just too slow. If he were faster, It would beat Excadrill, Chandelure , Most Dragons, Ground/Rock Types like Rhyperior, Gigalith, any thing that is weak to the attack that it will use against you.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
...Y'know, I think if Toxicroak got a nice Physical Water-Type move, he'd be much more of a threat. Oh well. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.