• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

About63Pandas

Not sure what you guys think of this one but I've found it to be quite effective in the past :) The basic idea is a mixed sweep for trick room teams to create a little surprise:)

Ability: Poison Touch
Nature: Brave/Quiet
Ev's: Attack 252
Special Attack 252
Item: Life Orb

Moves: Venoshock/Poison Jab/Sludge Wave
Sucker Punch
Brick Break/Focus Blast
Ice Punch/Earthquake

Depending on much you want to chance that 20% of poison go for Venoshock for 120 power + stab but if you don't want that run either poison jab or sludge wave whatever takes your fancy. Sucker Punch is something I personally thing Toxicrock can't do without seeing as it really helps against ghosts and psychics :) Brick Break/Focus Blasts for dark and steel types. Ice Punch is there for Poison Heal Gliscors and any Dragons really or you could run Earthquake for any drought Pokemon you might meet while battling. Items wise you could have a berry to weaken super effective hits if you really wanted to do but I prefer Life Orb :)

Vodka Haze

Items wise you could have a berry to weaken super effective hits if you really wanted to do but I prefer Life Orb :)

You really shouldn't go with a berry to weaken Super-effective moves because a hit from the right Pokemon will be a OHKO.

Zachmac

I have my priorities in order
Choice Band / Life Orb
Adamant / Modest (252 Attack, 252 Special Attack, 4 HP)
Poison Touch / Dry Skin
- Vacuum Wave
- Bullet Punch
- Sucker Punch
- X-Scissors / Stone Edge / Earthquake / Venoshock / Poison Jab / Swords Dance / Nasty Plot
It doesn't have any Speed Evs, so try brave or quit. You could also do lonely or rash, but Modest lowers att. while Adamant lowers sp.att

No offense, but this set is kind of gimmicky, it can revenge kill though.
Not sure what you guys think of this one but I've found it to be quite effective in the past The basic idea is a mixed sweep for trick room teams to create a little surprise
There are much better options for trick room then Toxicroak.

TimmahX

It doesn't have any Speed Evs, so try brave or quit. You could also do lonely or rash, but Modest lowers att. while Adamant lowers sp.att

No offense, but this set is kind of gimmicky, it can revenge kill though.

There are much better options for trick room then Toxicroak.

I touched up my OP for that, I was going by Adamant / Modest in case people go for X-Scissors or a Special option for the final slot. But yes, Brave is probably the best option since two out of three moves are physical, but I added Quiet as well since Vacuum Wave could also stand to benefit from it. And Revenge killing is that's set's main function anyway, and it tends to do that quite efficiently.

Agreed, 85 Base Speed is too high from Trick Room. There are tons of pokemon that are slower than Toxicroak, and will outrun him with TR active. Plus all of those Psychic types that he used to be able to knock out with X-Scissor can now outrun him with it. While I'm on that note, I should add that Reuniclus is an ideal counter due to its bulk and ability to easily do a TR set up and kill.

Meowmeow

selfproclaimed guru
TimmahX, please accept my apologies. I've swallowed my pride and moved on.

On topic, movesets. I found this one that might work.

Mixicroak-1: The Worker
Nature: Hasty/Naive
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 speed, 126 attack, 130 special attack
@: Life Orb/Black Sludge

Cross Chop/Focus Blast/Vacuum Wave
Gunk Shot/Poison Jab/Sludge Wave/Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse/Sucker Punch/Pursuit
Work Up

Straightforward. Typical drill.

Mixicroak-2: The Chosen
Nature: Hasty/Naive
EVs: 4 speed, 252 attack, 252 special attack
@: Choice Scarf

Gunk Shot/Poison Jab/Sludge Wave/Sludge Bomb
Cross Chop/Focus Blast
Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse/X-Scissor/Pursuit
Earthquake/Stone Edge/Thunderpunch/Mud Bomb

Simple and to the point.

Meowmeow's ridiculous Toxicroak
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Anticipation
EVs: 252 speed, 4 attack, 252 HP
@: Focus Sash/Black Sludge

Fake Out
Sucker Punch
Pursuit
Taunt

This could use some explanation. The idea is to use Toxicroak as an Anti-Lead. Fake Out breaks Sashes, Taunt keeps Stealth Rock away, Sucker Punch will work after Taunt, and Pursuit will catch runners. Anticipation should be used here so that you have a good idea of what the other person is using on their lead. Possibly. The only problem is that this set lacks STAB. But this isn't meant to kill, just annoy things.

stenli

Flabebes
I love Toxicroak!
Just wanna tell you guys that Leftovers is better than Black Sludge because Tricker can Trick back the sludge to your other pokemon in later turn.

dark fire 6

Pokemon 3D Developer
Partners: a good team member to have for setting up Zoroark and will lead to some kills be wary of gallade with this as it will kill a revealed Zoroark(teach it ariel ace to counter)
also politoad for dry skin effects

Counters:
Gallade is a good choice with its strong attack and use of the few physical psychic type moves....and it resists any sucker punch or other psy counters
Bronzong and Medicham are decent both resist sucker punch
Volcarona with its amazing special attack could also kill with psychic though it is very weak against the rock type moves i have seen in alot of the sets.......
Lucario can also learn psychic but is weak against EQ

Double battles: gengar or another fast ghost to counter psy while you cover its ghost and dark weaknesses
also sticking politoed in would be good for dry skin sets

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
Always pair with Politoed and use Dry Skin. Water immunity and healing when it's raining is so much better than relying on poison hax from Poison Touch or lolAnticipation.

pokemastershwin

Scrafty Master
Toxisoak
-Rain Dance/Toxic
-Poison Jab/Venoshock/Gunk Shot
-Drain Punch
-Sucker Punch
Item Attached: Black Sludge
EVs: High attack and speed
Using Rain Dance with Dry Skin heals HP. But if you already have a partner with Rain Dance or Drizzle, Toxic would be a good substitute. Venoshock would work well with Toxic, giving x2 power. Gunk Shot is powerful, but harder to obtain and doesn't get used by Toxicroak's high attack. Poison Jab also works well. Drain Punch hits hard and heals Toxicroak. Adding Black Sludge to Toxicroak makes it a healing monster. Sucker Punch gets epic priority.

TheAwesomeOne

I love Toxicroak!
Just wanna tell you guys that Leftovers is better than Black Sludge because Tricker can Trick back the sludge to your other pokemon in later turn.

No-one is going to use Trick on a Poison type fearing Black Sludge anyway.
So....

Nijaskills

I'd like to point out that Poison hand gives it a chance of dealing regular poison damage, not toxic. Since regular poison is only really helpful against offensive teams, it is better off having the immunity/recovery that dry skin gives it.

Diaglio

pokemon that have good synergy with toxicroak,
Dark types like umbreon, absol zoroark which are immune to psychic and hydreigon which are immune to psychic and ground types

Even better. Put the Toxicroak at the end of your party and have Zoroark go up first. Definitely a very viable option.

Pokeman Man

The Real Slim Shady
The Top Frogs
- Drain Punch
- Substitute
- Focus Punch / Poison Jab / Low Sweep / Bullet Punch / Protect / Toxic
- Focus Punch / Poison Jab / Low Sweep / Bullet Punch / Protect / Toxic
Item attached: Black Sludge
EVs and Nature:
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly (+Spd, -SpA)

This is meant to go with Politoed/Rain. Dry Skin and Black Sludge keeps you regaining health each turn. Drain Punch gives you more health as well, as you Substitute to keep you safe. Focus Punch is an awesome choice to go for the SubPunch set, Poison Jab is for STAB, and Low Sweep is a cool choice to let you set up Subs. Bullet Punch is for priority, and Protect is for stalling or have Toxic with Protect for more stalling.

Refrijerator

Doom! ^_^
Toxicroak, Physical Sweeper
Jolly, 252 speed, 252 attack
Life orb or Choice Band
Poison Touch or Dry Skin(With Rain support)
Poison Jab
Earthquake
Brick Break/Drain Punch
Swords Dance/Stone Edge

Lots and lots of damage is very nice. Poison jab and Brick Break for safe STABS, then earthquake cause its just awesome, then either Swords dance for more damage with Life Orb, or Stone Edge with Choice Band.

Toxicroak, Priority Poison
Jolly, 252 speed, 252 attack
Life Orb
Poison Touch
Fake out
Sucker Punch
Bullet Punch/Me First/Drain Punch
Poison Jab

Strike First and try to poison. Fake out for a free hit, sucker punch to do it again, and bullet for even more priority. Me First could even be used if you can predict a physical move. Drain punch and poison jab for STAB.

gyarados151

Ace ninja trainer
Toxicroak. . . lets see if I can do anything decent.

I know good partners a mile off, and all I can say, is that ANYTHING that can baton pass speed boosts is toxicroaks best friend (Ninjask is a typical example, but there are better baton passers than that). Tailwind is a good move to back toxicroak (and the rest of the team, for that matter) and help him outrun others. Honchkrow in particular comes to mind, as he has typing that can beat psychic and ghost types, both who would like to take advantage of toxicroaks type (and even then, toxicroak himself may be sporting sucker punch).

Now a moveset. . . tweak it to however you feel is best! This seemed like a good moveset to me, but I have no idea how it could be incorporated into the team.

SuckerTaunt

Taunt
Sucker Punch
Poison Jab
Cross Chop

Poison touch
Jolly
252 atk, 252 speed, 4 hp

In this moveset we have the sucker punch/taunt combo, where you can use taunt to disrupt them if they are trying to set up and you happen to be faster. This will either force a switch (if anticipated use poison jab or cross chop) or they will stay and try to fight. If this is predictable, get the first hit with sucker punch.

Cross chop is for additional coverage (especially those steel types!) and also a 20% chance of poisoning, always helpful

Poison jab is there to be a move that has not 30, but 44% chance at poisoning (I know a lot of people have just added the two together to get 50%, but that is not how its done). How I worked it out. . .

chance that poison jab won't poison = 70% = 7/10

chance that poison touch won't poison = 8/10

chance that both will not poison = 7/10 X 8/10 = 56/100

Therefore chance that either one or both will poison is 44/100 = 44% (rather odd number, but its the percent chance).

Either way, the applied poison can be especially useful if you luck out and take a sturdy pokemon to one, THEN apply the poison (I love my luck XD).

Black sludge is of course there to heal where it would normally damage, and to dump choice trick users with an item that will damage them.

Also, bar taunt, toxicroak doesn't mind having a choice item (particularly band or scarf: specs not so good).

So, I hope this moveset helps (probably not, my movesets tend to be bad) but if not that, I will at least have given you the proper statistic to the chance of poisoning with poison jab XD.

EV: 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
Nature: Adamant (+Att, -Sp. Att), Jolly (+Spd, -Sp. Att)
Item: Zoom Lens/Choice (Band/Scarf)/Life Orb

-Gunk Shot/Poison Jab
-Sucker Punch
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge/Cross Chop

Toxicroak in this case is meant to hit as many times as it can before dying. You have Gunk Shot as your STAB, which is a 180 base with 30% chance of poison. Poison Jab is 120 base, same poison, just a lot more accurate. Sucker Punch is a great move that gives priority and covers the main weakness of psychic types, which are 4x effective. Earthquake is a move that should be on all physical sweepers. Stone Edge takes care of the Flying weakness and hits 2x on a lot of the OU dragons. It also gets great coverage with earthquake. Cross Chop gets similar coverage as earthquake, as well as being super effective against blissey, shuckle, and ferrothorn. The main reason to use cross chop would be the secondary STAB.

EV: Hit hard and hit fast, nothing really to say here

Items: Zoom Lens is something I would recommend as an item because it ups Gunk Shot’s accuracy to 84%, and Stone Edge/Cross Chop to 96%. Your choice item is either for supped up killing abilities or to hopefully hit first. Life Orb makes the hard hits even harder, but does damage to your self.

Aerodact

I love this random choice of Potw but I have never had much joy with Toxicroak... Perhaps when this PotW is completed I will get to see it in a new light!

So, let's see...
Trying to make a Pun out of a name which is already a pun fails...
Toxicroak @ Life Orb / Muscle Band
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab
- Swords Dance / Cross Chop / Stone Edge
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP

Fake Out + Poison Jab has a 70% chance of dealing poison whilst Fake Out + Sucker Punch has 40% which isn't bad either. If only Toxicroak could learn U-Turn and had great speed... Still, its speed isn't too bad; it could be worse! The last move slot can be filled with whatever really. Swords Dance lets Sucker Punch and Poison Jab hit even harder but perhaps defeats the whole point of Poison Touch? Cross Chop has stab and is a great move whilst Stone Edge can rid you of Flying Types like Crobat that may switch in.

No choice but to croak
Toxicroak @ Choice Scarf | Choice Band
Ability: Poison Touch / Anticipation / Dry Skin
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Poison Jab
- Cross Chop
- Rock Slide | Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP

Scarfing Poison Jab is about poisoning till you drop. The other moves are there for back up really. Meanwhile a banding Sucker Punch is also an option... Poison Touch is perhaps favourite but it isn't core to the set and could be replaced with Anticipation if you're interested in revealing your foe's sets or Dry Skin (which has to be the least helpful) for the chance of rain...

The rainy team set that SomeoneIGuess posted at the start seems pretty good to me too :)

Partners
...Politoed :p Dry Skin and blah, it was mentioned in his PotW too.
Toxicroak's moves generally cover quite a wide range of types so I'm not too sure what to suggest... He's pretty vulnerable to ground pokemon which is pretty depressing when you're using him in a double battle so something that can confidently eradicate things like Donphan and the alike would be useful.

daraka

I think every moveset is good by the exception of the ones using dry skin that makes you vulnerable to fire attack doesnt matter if its raining it will still do damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.