• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Since Toxicraok will never be moving out of UU, fast Psychic/Flying types will pwn it.
Alakazam needs to watch out for Sucker Punch, but other than that, it is home free.
Guts Tailow owns Toxicroak.
Fast Ground types will also OHKO it. Most notably Dugtrio.

I think you meant Swellow.

jstiglich

First V.A. Espeon
Obnoxia-Croak
ability: Dry Skin
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 126 Def, 126 Sp.Def, 4 Hp
@ Leftovers
Moveset;

Venoshock
Substitute
Toxic
Protect

Partners
Lucario Who can quick guard, Set up Rain, and Fight

Meany-Croak
ability: Poison Touch
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 126 hp, 126 Sp.Def, 4 atk
@ Leftovers
Moveset;
Venoshock
Poisonjab
Faint atack
Stone edge

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
I'm new to the forums here, but I've been using Serebii.net for a while now.

I'm hoping you guys can think about a couple of these sets of mine:

Mix with Rain for an interesting set @ Life Orb
Trait: Dry Skin
-Drain Punch/Cross Chop
-Stone Edge
-Dark Pulse/Sucker Punch/Shadow Ball
-Dark Pulse/Sucker Punch/Shadow Ball/Cross Chop

A farely simple set. Dry Skin with Rain support makes him able to recover from Life Orb's recoil. For added recovery, run Drain Punch, or for more power, run Cross Chop. Stone Edge is the staple of this set because it mixes well and plays off its better Physical attack. The next two moves are either Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse or Sucker punch. Sucker Punch is a normal choice but Shadow Ball and Dark Pulse are usable as choices for an interesting special move. Use both and invest in some S.ATK and you're good to go.

EVs: EVs are a little controversial in my own mind for this set. A single S.ATK shouldn't make a huge amount of S.ATK EVs and so I'd suggest something like 200/200 in ATK and SPD and pile the others into defences, but, if you want to run a couple special moves you should go something like 120/160/200 in attack, special and speed chronologically. Pile the others into defences again but not health much so you get more HP gain from Drain Punch and Dry Skin.

Sorry I went overboard with the description, I'll go a little simpler next time.

Cataclyptic

Alright, well with Toxicroak's new Ability...

Poison Dart Frog (Single Battle)
Poison Touch @ Focus Sash

-Sucker Punch
-Poison Jab
-Low Sweep
-Fake Out

= Fake Out for obvious reasons. Posion Jab because it gets STAB and has a 50% (?) chance to get something poisoned. Low Sweep is really just to decrease speed so Toxicroak can get to Jabbing them, and Sucker Punch because you get to attack first no matter what!

EV's: 252Atk, 152HP, 100Sp.

Super-croak! (Double Battle)
Dry Skin @ Black Sludge

-Fake Out
-Swagger/Flatter
-Brick Break
-Super Fang

= The key for Toxicroak is to mainly get it ally to set something up. Fake out is a must due to flinching, Swagger and Flatter to confuse and raise the specific offensive ability you want increased. Brick Break because STAB and also it gets rid of screens. Surprisingly it can learn Super Fang, but its on the set for when you really need some damage. The entire set is mainly for Rain Dance teams, so that with Dry Skin and Black Sludge it can recover 3/16 health per turn.

EV's: 152Hp, 252Sp, 100Def/SpDef (depending on Flatter or Swagger)

Other options:
-Venoshock
-Counter
-Taunt
-Bulk Up

If you're aiming to poison in some way, then Venoshock may be useful. However, it is a apecial attack... Counter if you can predict it coming, paired up with Focus Sash. Taunt is really useful, and can make Toxicroak an anti-lead in singles, or even doubles. Bulk Up to increase attack and defense, but it could be hard to pull off.

Partners: Toxicroak needs allies that are heavy hitters, or allies that can increase thier stats for when Toxicroak stalls. I'd reccomend a DD dragon, or a Trick Roomer if you want to go that direction. Gengar would be a nice partner since it can hit heavy, but beware of psychic attacks.

In single Battle, Zoroark would be great. You can tempt an opponent to Psychic it, only to have them rage at it not working at all.

Weaknesses: Psychic. Anything psychic will kill a non-sash Toxicroak. Status Stallers like Chansey and Shuckle inflict passive damage on the frog. Other Poison types like Weezing can wall it and possibly set something up while they're at it. For a Dry Skin Toxicroak, anything with Sunny Day or Drought will majorly impair it.

It's greatest weakness it it's speed, which is barely lower than a typical sweeper's. Sure you can pretend you're fast with Sucker Punch and Fake out, but in the end it's false speed.

Last edited:

Kerudio

Isolated
Poison Punch
Toxicroak @ Life Orb
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab
- Brick Break/Revenge/Low Sweep
- Swords Dance
Ability: Poison Touch (Dream World only)
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk) or Jolly (+Speed, -SAtk)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed

Sucker Punch has 80 base power and has priority over Psychics which Toxicroak needs. Poison Jab has 80 base power (120 with STAB) and has a 50% chance of poisoning with Poison Touch. Brick Break gets a STAB which brings its power to 112. Toxicroak isn't too fast so Revenge could also be good since its power doubles if it gets hit first and it gets a STAB (if it can survive, that is). Low Sweep however, gets the STAB but lowers the opponent's Speed. Swords Dance will double Attack power the first time it is used, triple the second, and quadruple the third time. As for items, Life Orb increases power by 30% which is good for all of these moves, but reduces HP by 10% each turn (unless you use Swords Dance).

Last edited:

TheAwesomeOne

If you bother to bring it up to OU, than Politoed and Zoroark are good Partners because Politoed has Drizzle(+Dry Skin on Toxicroak), and Zoroark can handle the Psychic types.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
ArHar. I forgot completely about Poison Touch on my other post.

I suppose I'll make another... Simpler set.

Yay! OU set! @ Life Orb/Muscle Band
Trait: Poison Touch
-Stone Edge
-Poison Jab
-Drain Punch/Cross Chop
-ThunderPunch/Ice Punch

Farely simple set utilizing Poison Touch. Stone Edge is my edited replacement for Fire Punch. My bad on that one, I was sure it was an egg move... Anyways, Poison Jab provides a STAB with quite a high chance of Poison. Drain Punch provides healing if you go with Life Orb, or you could use Muscle Band and run Cross Chop without the recoil. ThunderPunch and Ice Punch are the choice for if you fear Gyarados or Salamence/Dragonite more.

You should probably go with a 252/252/4 for this set. Max out Attack and Speed and put that last one into... something else.

Last edited:

Wiglaf

Hi, I'm new here
Hundoom

There are 2 things i have:

1. About this weak's pokemon,

its realy cool the and good what you gave Whimsicott (I'm talking about the first build), but I dont understand what is the Taunt for,
I mean how does it help if you make your aponent attak you, Whimsicott does not have such a good defence anyway, a good strong enough sweaper will just use ice beam and take your substitutes down one after another, it doesnt help that you MAKE him kill your substitutes.
you can give him instead: attract/double team/grass whistel/toxic/etc... (if your sure it's substitutes will survive). If not you can just give him endeavor, (what i think is the best).

2.I have an idea for a nice build for houndoom:

The normal build:

Huoundoom@Petaya berry / Lum berry
Ability: doesn't matter much, he doesnt have anything that good.
EVs: 252 Sp att, 252 Spd, 6 HP

Dark Pulse
Flame Thrower/Overheat/Heat Wave/Fire Blast
Sluge Bomb/ Hyper Beam/ Shadow Ball/ Nasty Plot
Sluge Bomb/ Hyper Beam/ Shadow Ball/ Nasty Plot

A Sunny Day Build:

Huoundoom@Petaya berry / Lum berry
Ability: doesn't matter much, he doesnt have anything that good.
EVs: 252 Sp att, 252 Spd, 6 HP

Dark Pulse
Sunny Day
Solar Beam

Now comes my build:

Houndoom@Bright Powder
Ability: Flash Fire is the best but it does'nt matter much
Evs: Timid-252 Spd / 129 HP / 129 Def

Dark Pulse
Double Team
Roar

I don't know if it is so good so tell me what you think.
Now this is how it goes:
Send him into a fire attak to let him power up alittle, then max as much as you can the double team, the bright powder is here to help you avoid his attaks now most of the chances are that you will douge your apponent's attaks, then you can sweap, if you have someone you don't want just roar, it comes second but it doesnt madder much because most of the chances are that he will miss you.

I'm not sure it's good, i hope you understood my explaining, add something if you have something.

Thank You :)

The Intersect

Moveset Master
well its irrelevant to the toxicroak thread

Wiglaf

Hi, I'm new here
Oh right, sorry.
So where should i ask it, atleast about Whismicott?

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
Ah, I completely missed that Fire Punch. It wasn't very nice for the set anyway. To edit mode!

Oh, and I've got something else. RainCroak is farely common, right? Hurricane, the 120-base-power-Flying move has 100% accuracy in Rain and thus makes him croak.

Sorry about the bad pun...

SomeoneIGuess

?Hu Hsilaciryl
Ah, I completely missed that Fire Punch. It wasn't very nice for the set anyway. To edit mode!

Oh, and I've got something else. RainCroak is farely common, right? Hurricane, the 120-base-power-Flying move has 100% accuracy in Rain and thus makes him croak.

Sorry about the bad pun...

He'll stall it out!
Seriously. RainCroak = Stall for 32 or so turns and die... or something like that.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
Hmm I was talking without the Sub in place, as if he didn't have it, he'd be OHKO'd easily unless he's FSash'd.

But otherwise, yeah, he'll stall forever it seems.

Although I think he's a bit too good for a stall in my book. Oh well.

tikinosu

physical attacker
Toxicraok @ life orb
poison touch
jolly
poison jab
drain punch
xscissor
sword dance

poison jab is your main attack here with a 50% chance to poison the target
with 120 base power after stab why wouldn't you want to pound everything with it?
swords dance makes you hit harder and pairs up with drain punch nicely letting you get a better recover from it
drain punch also double to hit anything poison touch can't; meaning steal types
with a 4x weakness to psychic you'll need to cover your bases, this is where x scissor comes in

Status
Not open for further replies.