• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #17

Status
Not open for further replies.

MudkipsAreAwesome

I was there.
Erm I checked that he is LU in PO.

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan
So, you're suggesting to counter Alakazam with Alakazam? Or do you mean something like Shuckle?

I honestly don't know what I was trying to say there...

Wouldn't any Steel-Type destroy the "Toxic Orb + Synchronize" strategy?

Alakazam would require Aromatherapy support for that to work successfully.

Why, hes not taking a hit at 100% or 50%, I doubt Toxic would hurt him much.

Still I would use Flame Orb to screw over incoming Scizor. Has anyone confirmed Burn Orb + syncronize actually works?

JOL

I agree with most people, he is not UU. Maybe BL but not UU. Might be fragile, but can outspeed and lot and then strike them!!

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
Uh, maybe we should drop a few things.

I don't like exampling Alakazam as an Inferoirity Mewtwo, Mewtwo is just plain stronger, I'd say somewhere within the top 5 best Pokemon in-game.

Arguing about the UU/BL/OU thing just makes it more confusing for Reno. I know he's controversial now. Maybe its better that way.

And I do believe Gardevoir is alot better than Zammy. Gardevoir can take alot more hits, and has a similar Special Attack stat, and the only drawback is a lower Speed.

I notice that no one argues in the slightest with the inferiority complex to Chandelure. I'd guess it seems obvious though. Also, Gardevoir is also an inferiority Chandelure.

Just me thinking out loud... Or something like that.

Last edited:

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
I could have made a hilarious set if Alakazam got Explosion... Oh well.

I do believe the best way to destroy Alakazam is Pursuit? Yeah. I'd say that works. He'll probably switch anyway, so there you are. It might not even have to switch. [ I'm typing what I'm thinking AON, so this is just kind of random. ]

Meowmeow

selfproclaimed guru
I have two words on how Alakazam should be handled: Sucker Punch. Even that might be overkill. Besides, I personally don't find Alakazam threatening at all. Beyond STAB and Focus Blast, there is little else Alakazam can do that is actually worthwhile. I wouldn't be surprised if Alakazam slipped lower in tiers, or in its strength in UU. Any higher, and Alakazam will fail simply because Azelf is better. Not only that, my Terrakion with a Jolly nature outruns Alakazam without speed boost nature, so I can safely revenge kill Alakazams with my Terrakion. What attack I use really doesn't matter.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
OH WHATS THIS?

I was reading the Serebii Emerald Tutor Attacks... and he has Seismic Toss? That could make an interesting thing for him. Although he gets left with Synchronize and Inner Focus...

He also gets Counter in Emerald... That could actually be confusing. I wouldn't advise it though... Wait... Is it actually possible..? Max Physical Attack stat is..? Wow I'm actually considering this... Well, I'd want a name called "Kamikazakazam," So I'll post this ridiculous set.

Kamikazekazam @ Focus Sash
Syncronize
Lonely [ +Attack -Defence ]
252 Attack, 252 HP, 4 Defence
-Seismic Toss
-Substitute
-Recover
-Counter

I know its ridiculous. Base 50 Attack is horrible. But moves like Seismic Toss are still viable. Counter... Could be usable with huge boosts to Attack. I didn't know what to put the other EVs in so I used HP. SubCover is usable if you actually survive.

I KNOW I'M CRAZY. I do not advise anyone use this... But Seismic toss is actually Viable. Seriously. You can use Seismic Toss. That is the whole reason for this set.

SEISMIC TOSS.

^Extra reminder.

PhilosophicalPsychologica

Do you even know what Counter does >.>

Anyways, all sets are infinitely better with the use of Magic Guard. Synchronize is otherwise still better than Inner Focus (except for leads, but Fake Out usage has lessened by a lot).

All sets can use Magic Guard. Lead, Defensive, Choice AND Non-Choice Offensive.

Otherwise, Alakazam got no new SETS. Life Orb is much more viable, and it did get Psyshock. Future Sight is now more powerful than even Psychic, but has very, very limited applicability.

Inner Focus in helpful for Abra in LC to bypass the lots of Fake Outing there. I'm unsure if Abra can OHKO Meditite with Shadow Ball, however.

Otherwise, I do NOT recommend using Alakazam in Metronome.

DSpanky1

Battle Hut Elite
Ala-Surprise
- Trick
- Protect
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
Item Attached: Flame Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpDef / 4 Hp
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

Use Trick to switch items with the opponent and cause a burn. Follow with protect to delay the burn. If you're feeling froggy you can use trick one more time to get the Flame Orb again and transfer it to another of the opponent's pokemon to cause another burn. Alakazam doesn't have very high defense stats but you will at least be able to cause burn on one or two pokemon. Psychic is a STAB move and Focus Blast will cover Dark types.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
Yes, I know what counter does, it was a ridiculous set. I believe I said it... 3 times? Oh well. Seismic toss is still viable though, it actually doesn't rely on his Attack, as you should know.

And, also, I kinda just wanted to name a set Kamikazekazam. So yeah.

But seriously, you can use Seismic Toss on an Alakazam set. Yes. Take into account Seismic Toss can be usefull.

SEISMIC TOSS.
^Yes, another reminder.

Status
Not open for further replies.