• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #18

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Intersect

Moveset Master
yeah i'll edit that in thanks but whats your general opinion on the sets if its any possibility criticism helps me

Last edited:

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
Well, I'd say if you got a good format for it it'd help. Otherwise, yeah, listen to TheAwesomeOne.

I like this format, so you can use it if you like:

Underline the name.
Ability: -----
Item: -----
EVs: ---, ---, --- etc
-Slot1
-Slot2
-Slot3
-Slot4

That's my format. Use it if you want,
The Intersect.

stenli

Flabebes
Abizzel1, please stop talking about Alakazam. This is the Swalot POTW.

I don't see why people think Garbodor and Muk are better than Swalot. Muk can't use Special attacks because his stat is so weak; Swalot can efficiently become Mixed. Same deal with Garbodor. If Swalot comes off as mixed, he can pummel the others.

Muk doesnt to go mixed to outclass Swalot. It has everything Swalot has, 105 Atk, Gunk Shot, and priority in Shadow Sneak. Muk can also wall with 105/75/105 defensive stats further boosted with Acid Armor.

While Garbodor has Rock Polish, Toxic Spikes, and Spikes.

Sorry for being OOT :p

Abizzel1

Abizzel1, please stop talking about Alakazam. This is the Swalot POTW.

I don't see why people thinks Garbodor and Muk are better than Swalot. Muk can't use Special attacks because his stat is so weak; Swalot can efficiently become Mixed. Same deal with Garbodor. If Swalot comes off as mixed, he can pummel the others.

I would have talked about Alakazam in the previous forum if it was not closed, and seeing how there have been some Pre-Evolution corners who are merely decent at doing the job of their evolved form, I thought Kadabra should have had a Pre-Evolution corner as well, since it's a huge threat in it's Tier.

As for your second comment the reason everyone think Muk and Garbodor are better is because:

1. Muk outclasses Swalot as a Physical threat and a Special Wal,l forcing Swalot to be a Special attacker. Muk outclasses it in every way. Psychic and Ghost types are a major threats thanks to super effective attack (PSY) a poison resistance (Ghost), but Muk has Shadow Sneak and the attack stat to make any psychic or Ghost think twice before switching in. 4th gen Muk also has Focus Punch which will wreck most Pokemon in the NU, and gives him the ghost/fighting combo. Muk also has Poison Touch now making it's Poison attacks even more deadly.

2. Garbodor doesn't outclass Swalot, because it's a different threat, however, it's more useful than Swalot. Toxic Spikes and Spikes give it two of the 3 entry hazards, and it has enough speed to set them up before the likes of Foretress/Ferrothron. Also having Aftermath can allow it to sacrifice and take out an annoying Pokemon who's threatening to sweep you.

And to be honest Amoonguss is a better Special user than Swalot. It has Spore and Stun Spore to get rid of counters trying to switch in, and it's two STAB Energy Ball (better in UU), and Sludge Bomb will do a nice amount of damage. And with Regenerator it's somewhat of a better overall wall than Swalot, only being hindered by the Grass type (Regenerator along with Black Sludge will recover 39% or 40% of Amoonguss max HP).

Like I said previously Swalot should stick with walling and attacking with Special attacks most notably Acid Spray to try to rack up residual damage from other team members, because outside of that it's doing nothing special.

I think the POTW generally focuses on OU, or Ubers if it applies. UU doesn't really exist besides PO's stupid tiers and Smogon's thats been around for.. what, half a week?

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
Well, Swalot's pretty bad then. Exceptions are a few viable sets.

Also, can I get a few notices to my set? I don't think anyone had actually seen it. Page 4, I think.

Sorry if that sounds like begging. I like to hear feedback, otherwise I'd just consider it a failed set. Oh well.

The Intersect

Moveset Master
swalot

Well, I'd say if you got a good format for it it'd help. Otherwise, yeah, listen to TheAwesomeOne.

I like this format, so you can use it if you like:

Underline the name.
Ability: -----
Item: -----
EVs: ---, ---, --- etc
-Slot1
-Slot2
-Slot3
-Slot4

That's my format. Use it if you want,
The Intersect.

Yeah thanks i will and yeah i know those moves arent the best but with swalots move options wring out gets a bit of a headstart on damage and swallow is its best healing option.
But generally i dont think the sets are too bad i mean the Im on holiday set is unique at that.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
Er, Wring Out needs a bit more speed to work properly. Not first off, no, but later on you'd need a quick Pokemon to be able to finish them off[Or a Priority move, which Swalot lacks.] before they heal.

Everyone seems to have different opinions on which moves should be used, but atleast that makes for more sets.

Last edited:

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
This set works best with Entry hazard support.

Swalot@Black Sludge
Liquid Ooze
Sassy - 252 HP/4 Def/252 Sp.Def
-Yawn/Encore
-Acid Spray
-Stockpile
-HP Fight/Ice Beam/Dream Eater

Most people seem to be forgetting that Swalot gets Acid Spray. While it is a weak Poison attack, keep in mind that it always lowers the opponent's Sp.Def by two stages meaning the attack will do more damage as the opponent stays in. Stockpile is to boost your defenses whereas Encore can help you save some time for getting those boosts. Yawn, like Acid Spray, is to force switches, furthering the need for Entry Hazard support to aid Swalot. The last slot is up to preference. HP Fight is Swalot's only offense against Steels who are immune to Acid spray. Ice Beam can one shot Dragons and gets a lot of coverage. Dream Eater is an option if your opponent stays in on Yawn, though once the move is revealed, the opponent will be even further tempted to switch.

The idea behind this set revolves completely around Entry Hazard support. Also note that Swalot is the second strongest STAB user of Acid Spray behind Tentacruel, disregarding Accelgor who does not gain STAB from this attack. No Sp.Atk EVs are invested in this set since Acid Spray lowering Sp.Def is the key element in this set.

I haven't tried this set yet, but I'm confident in this one. Swalot is a very bulky Poison type with access to Stockpile. Muk can do the same too, but he's more physical than special, and most sets prefer physical moves to use. Tentacruel doesn't get Stockpile and Garbodor is also more physical than special. This set is something Swalot can do by himself.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
^That's exactly what I said earlier, what with people thinking I talk about him being a powerhouse whereas Muk/Garbodor isn't -- I don't think that. Muk is Physical, Garbodor is Physical, Swalot is Mixed. Although they work better as Walls then Tanks usually. Oh well.

Jeggyg

Veteran Nerd
Just thought of another set whilst thinking of random stuff...

I am Swalot, hear me Yawn!
Ability: Sticky Hold
Nature: Modest
Item: Big root
Moves:
Yawn
Block
Dream Eater
Acid Spray

It's really just a gimmick set, swalot can get quite a few of these :L
Like many of his other sets this one requires a trip back to 4th gen in order to get Block, which is to keep them from switching when you use yawn on them, then you use acid spray in the down time in-between the turn you use yawn, and the turn they fall asleep use dream eater, which will recover your health, which is nice :)
Invest IV's in special Attack and Defence, then Hp.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
^Actually, that isn't too bad, it just needs a few turns to work. Lucky thing for Swalot though: he can be a great wall. That actually might make it in, Intersect.

Jeggyg

Veteran Nerd
^Actually, that isn't too bad, it just needs a few turns to work. Lucky thing for Swalot though: he can be a great wall. That actually might make it in, Intersect.

I'm Jeggyg dammit!
I know that we have similar avitars... but still...

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
Oh yes. Sorry.

I'm guessing it happens?

Oh well.

The Intersect

Moveset Master
hmm since my last post I've been thinking about my choices a bit and made a new set. this first new set relies on being able to take a hit and is definitely open to criticism as it definitely needs improvement
Curse you and your status effects
Ability:Liquid ooze/gluttony
Item: with liquid ooze - Black sludge. with gluttony - Ganlon berry
Natures: relaxed/ sassy/ impish
Curse/acid armor
encore/toxic
Swagger
Gunk Shot/Sludge bomb/acid spray/Venoshock
Curse is for attack bulk as well and defense and is only used in a gunk shot set otherwise use acid armor for the double defense boost
Encore can allow for swalot to get some offense in if used on the right pokemon at the right time
Toxic is an alternate option for stalling out or causing switches and do some damage too
Swagger in combination with encore can be lethal as you can minimize the right of getting hit hard with encore then confuse with swagger and make them cause serious damage in the meantime
the final move is to prevent you from being taunt bait gunk shot goes with curse for extra offense. sludge bomb is for stab because swalot doesn't have many pysical stab options at all. acid spray works if you think you can last a few turns lowering the opponents sp defence and slowly hitting harded each turn. venoshock goes on toxic sets really for obvious reasons.
EV's depending on nature your Impish - max attack and defence 4 ev's hp. Sassy/relaxed max sp def and def, 4 ev's in sp attcack

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.