• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epicpip

My stache' is better
For all of you who are running Sash/Flail sets, you also may want to consider Camoflague. If it has the speed boost from Chlorophyll, then it can set up with Camo and then have a STAB Flail. And then sweep with Flail (until a Ghost comes or a Steel type comes). Wow. I think this is the only pokemon who can attempt a sweep with Flail.

Jeggyg

Veteran Nerd
Hmm... Ok here's one that's just plain irritating...

Leadanny
Ability: Overcoat
Nature: Timid
Item: Light Clay
Moves:
Light Screen
Reflect
Camouflage/ Taunt
Return/ Leaf Blade

Light Screen and reflect up your defences, then camouflage turns you normal, so you only have 1 weakness, or you could have taunt to prevent... stuff happening... Return if you have camouflage or leafblade if you don't...
IV's in attack, then speed then Hp...
I thought of one for swadloon also...

Survivloon
Ability: Leaf Guard/ Chlorophyll/ Overcoat
Nature:Calm
Item: Eviolite
Moves:
Grasswhistle/Toxic
Mind reader/Protect
Calm mind/Struggle Bug/Camouflage/Sunny day
Energy ball

This set is all about preference, with grasswhistle and mind reader being an excelent combo, 100% accuracy, buut it gives your opponent a chance to set up a defence... So you could use toxic, which lowers their HP more each turn, so you use protect. Camouflage to remove the main weakness, or calm mind to up your special defence and special attack, struggle bug to lower their special attack and do damage, or you could have sunny day to make use of chlorophyll and leaf guard.
energy ball is it's strongest move, apart from struggle bug, but you have to train up your sewaddle to a suitable level... which would suck...
Yeah IV's in both defences then Hp...

Calm Mind Passer Swadloon (Pre-Evo Corner)

bold
252 DEF/252 HP/4 SPD
eviolite

Calm Mind
Baton Pass
Substitute
Bug Buzz

Just pray that those defenses are enough to survive a hit or two

Actually thats decent. I had no idea it learned Baton Pass. Maybe HP Ground or Rock over something to at least have a chance against inbound fire types.

Mr. Marowak

was wrong about Gen6
Responses to other Strategies

Bone Cold Marowak Guy: Why would you run Hone Claws on a set that has three 100% accuracy moves, on a pokemon with Swords Dance?

Whitelightning: Poison Jab has inferior coverage to X-Scissors, and no STAB. Aerial Ace or Swords Dance would be more viable 4th slot options.

Zachmac: Thanks for the catches, I edited in some of the changes.

Whoops. I didn't see Swords Dance. (facepalm away, folks!)

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
Hm. The more I look at Leavanny, the more chances for good sets I see... Nothing too good, just good. Leaf Blade and X-Scissor are the standards for the sets, which is okay. People considering Shadow Claw, Return, Camouflage... It actually has good sets. Even the Prevos are good in LC|Sewaddle/NU/UU|Swadloon. Leavanny is... Nice. I gotta give it that... Plenty of move options, plenty of strategies... Yeah. Leavanny is nice.

Rotomknight

THE GREATEST TRAINER
clothing shell wall?
swadloon@ eviolite
ability leaf gaurd
protect
toxic
calm mind
energy ball

basic walling set. calm mind helps make it even bulkier and toxic to stall with protect. energy ball for stab. with a drought ninetails on the team on the team in a double battle toxic won't destroy it.

opolle

I'm new in the Pokemon metagame but I could give it a try :)

Leavanny @ Leftovers?
-Swords Dance/Leaf Blade/X-Scissor
-Agility/Leaf Blade/X-Scissor
-Substitute/Leaf Blade/X-Scissor
-Baton Pass

Simple set. Just power up with SD or Agility or make a Sub then Baton Pass. Leaf Blade and X-scissor is useful if you don't want to get trapped by Taunt.

Another simple set could be like this:

-Swords Dance
-Grasswhistle
-Leaf Blade/X-Scissor/Poison Jab
-Leaf Blade/X-Scissor/Poison Jab

No idea about EV for the two sets.. Don't know if these sets are great or bad. Leavanny isn't one of the best Pokemon. It has not many attacking moves, but a lot of supporting moves which is nice. It's weaknesses is bad, and the defense and Sp. defense stats is horrible combined with the weaknesses. The good attack stat is nice with access to Swords Dance, and Agility is nice too. You could use Agility and a Focus Sash to survive a possible Fire or Flying attack and Pass with great Speed to get a sweeping possibility for the next Pokemon.

My English is bad, so I hope you understand it. And I'm not good at the metagame either, so this was to try my skills. Hope you like it! =D

The Intersect

Moveset Master
hmm i was actually thinking of training one but there is one thing it lacks that its same type counterpart has SPORE!
and due to this it has nooooo chance of surviving for long without substitute
so you must hit hard while you can thats what this set allows you to do.
Hit Me With Your Best Shot
Nature Adamant/Jolly
Item Miricale seed/ Silver Powder
Abilitity Swarm/overcoat
Substitute
Swords Dance
Leaf blade
X-scizzor
Ev's maxed out attack in speed for both natures and 4 in hp

Use this power wisely

gyarados151

Ace ninja trainer
Ideas for double and triples:

Leavanny will LOVE to be in with Archeops or Aerodactyl at the same time. Whats more, Leavanny will actually make Archeops playable, since in the sun, you can use entrainement on your own Archeops to get rid of that stupid defeatist ability and replace it with one that boosts his speed! Then you'll have a beast of a flying type that can actually make up for all of leavanny's weaknesses with his rock stab and eq (normally eq should not be touched, but leavanny is 4X resisted, so. . . it should't be too much of a problem). EQ also takes care of steel types that will wall Leavanny to death (unless their name is skarmory, and if in triple and positioned correctly with a ninetails as well, even he will perish).

Any pokemon that can use simple beam could also help Leavanny, assuming he isn't in a sun team, by simple beaing him. With this, one hone claws would double his attack, while making his Grasswhistle hit 92% of the time. Not bad ^^.

Last edited:

Refrijerator

Doom! ^_^
I was actually thinking about making one of these for a sunny day team.

Leavanny: Crouching tiger, Slicing Mantis
Adamant, 252 speed, 252 attack
Life orb, focus sash(helps chance to get swords/Sun off), Choice band
Chlorophyll preferably, but Swarm with no sun support.
Leaf Blade
X-Scissor
Shadow Claw
Swords Dance/Return/Aerial Ace/Sunny Day

SomeoneIGuess

?Hu Hsilaciryl
For all of you who are running Sash/Flail sets, you also may want to consider Camoflague. If it has the speed boost from Chlorophyll, then it can set up with Camo and then have a STAB Flail. And then sweep with Flail (until a Ghost comes or a Steel type comes). Wow. I think this is the only pokemon who can attempt a sweep with Flail.

I did that!
On the last page.

Except I shudda posted it in format -.-
Thought it was a dumb idea.

Leavanny @ Focus Sash / Lum Berry / Liechi berry (When it's released)
Ability: Chlorophyll
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
EVs: 4 Something / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Endure / Swords Dance
- Camoflage
- Flail
- Shadow Claw

In this order:
Foe switches (Choiced onto e.g. Garchomp's EQ)
Leavanny Camoflages
Leavanny Endures
Foe attacks
Leavanny Endures the hit
Leavanny uses Flail
Foe Faints

Shadow Claw for Ghosts, there's nothing for steels and rocks anyway. Just pray that you hit so hard they faint.

Focus Sash to survive if the opponent isn't choiced. Lum Berry is preferred since you could get screwed somehow via status. Endure > Sash cuz of hazards. And being better overall.

Swords Dance is an option for Sashers.

And run this set in the sun. The EVs are put such that you outrun Scarf Timid Latios in the sun.

Without the sun: Max Spd and Jolly to outrun base 90 Scarfers. But you MUST HAVE A SALAC BERRY.

Notes: Liechi allows you to hit harder than CB Haxorus Outrage
-- Salac is very gimmicky
-- In no sun, another option is Paralysis support
-- Priority kills you. The good thing is that you hit harder than Physical Hydreigon Outrage even if you switch.

Edits:
Added SD
Changed EVs since HP is useless. MORE SPEED TO OUTRUN RANDOM CRAP. Like Modest Scarf Accelgor!

Ok, no, but really, HP is useless here.

Last edited:

Zachmac

In double battles, Entrainment+Chlorophyll would be fun to use on it's teammates in the sun. Think of Chlorophyll Heatran or Darumanitan. :D

SomeoneIGuess

?Hu Hsilaciryl
Chlorophyll Heatran is a no. Heatran likes absorbing fire moves!

Speaking of Entrainment, Chlorophyll Garchomp is also kinda cool. You get 2 DDs in a turn. And Leavanny 4x resists your EQs too.

Partners: Heatran. Because they resist a hell lotta crap.

PMSandStormSBBZ

The Uber OU
I can't believe that I forgot about this set.

Screeching Bug

-Screech
-X-Scissor
-Toxic / Protect / Leaf Blade
-Toxic / Protect / Leaf Blade
Item Attached: Focus Sash / Leftovers / Eject Button
Ability: Overcoat
EVs and Nature: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

The biggest gimmick ever; maybe even more than Perish Song Absol, and that's saying alot. Screech halves your opponent's Defense, which can force switches, so pair that up with entry hazard support and you'll give the opponent a hard time.
X-Scissor stops Leavanny from being Taunt bait.
The final move is the regular "pick two out of three." Toxic is always a good move paired with Protect, but if you feel that one of the two are unneeded, then you always have Leaf Blade as an option for additional STAB.

Focus Sash is there if you feel that Leavanny can't survive a hit. If you don't have that fear, however, Leftovers is always an option, as with every Pokémon. Eject Button is interesting, as it forces you to switch out, meaning after you switch, you can bring in a Pursuit user to OHKO the Screeched person.

Last edited:

The Intersect

Moveset Master
Just been thinking about this a little more as i do weekly now and thought of this once i realise it got me first(works best in a sun team:

Ooh Me Me Pick Me!
Ability:Chlorophyll (sun team) else: overcoat
Item. focus sash
Nature and ev's Jolly: max speed and attack 4 in hp
Me first
leaf blade
x-scizzor
camouflage/grass whistle

Me First allows dragon slaying as with chlorophyll you outrun most dragons (as long as they dont flamethrower you your ok)
Leaf blade and x-scizzor both supply stab and are strong
camoflage changes your ridiculous typing in case of fire (or flying) and if you dont like it try to put them to sleep with grass whistle

In doubles an ultimate partner would be Slaking, Especially on a Sun Team!

Set up sun (using Sunny Day or Ninetails)
Bring out Slaking and Leavanny
Use Entrainment on Slaking
Sweep everything up with a speed boosted Slaking (without truant!)
Use Reflect and Light Screen to boost Slakings defenses (if your still alive)

Use a moveset such as

Entrainment
Reflect
Light Screen
Sunny Day / Leaf Blade

EVs + Nature - Jolly Nature, Max speed, unless you are using Ninetails or setting up sun before hand in which case spread EV's Defensively. Leavanny is purely support here!
Item. Light Clay, Occa Berry, Focus Sash. (occa berry could give weaker fire move users a shock when they fail to 1hko!)

A Similar technique could also be used with Regigigas and Groudoun, but is far too risky for the Uber game really, with Rayqueza and Kyorgue etc.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
my name is not billy:

"Groudoun"? "Rayqueza"? "Kyorgue"? Well, despite your naming problems, I like the set.

PMSandStormSBBZ:

Its not too gimmicky. Infact, if you put in Camouflage as an option, it could work better, 'cause Leavanny could survive a hit-or-two when Normal-type... Although... All those set-up turns...

The Intersect:

Try typing the numbers for EVs, ok? Also, Grass Whistle has low accuracy, and is pretty much useless on the set, anyway.

Miscellanious Other Peoples:

Sun-team-Chlorophyll-Entertainment is awesome. Exactly stating Darmaniphyll. And Chlorochomp. And Slak... Chlorophyll... Yeh. Not alot of names, but you get the picture. Entertaining takes on a frightening picture if you're in double battles and yer buddy's a Sweeper. Or just a fast attacker, in Slaking's case. In fact, anything can make use. You could put random stuff like Gyarados or even the likes of... Well, anything really. Aerodactyl would be scary. Just anything with a Speed-stat above 70 can sweep with it. Really. Use it.

Last edited:

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
Okay, this is pretty gimmicky, but I believe it might work in Double Battle Ubers.

Leavanny@Choice Scarf
Ability:Chlorophyll
Nature:Jolly
IVs and EVs: Maxed out Speed, Attack as good as you can get.
Entrainment
Sunny Day
Leaf Blade
X-Scissor

Pair it with an LO'ed Groudon and watch the fun begin! Leavanny is pretty dang fast with a Choice Scarf, use Entrainment on Groudon who has made everything sunny, switch out Leavanny (if it survives) for Zekrom (probably ballooned), and proceed to sweep. Sunny Day if Leavanny gets a chance to switch in and the weather is disrupted, Leaf Blade for a last stand against a weakened Kyorge, and X-Scissor for the nice coverage against Psychic types.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.