• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #19

Status
Not open for further replies.

gyarados151

Ace ninja trainer
In double battles, Entrainment+Chlorophyll would be fun to use on it's teammates in the sun. Think of Chlorophyll Heatran or Darumanitan. :D

You failed to notice that I was the one who originally came up with that, like 3 or 4 posts before you did ^^.

Anyway, more Double/Triple options: As with any baton passing pokemon, Follow me support is most appreciated to help your Swadloon get off as many boosts as possible (or even leavanny, if you want to baton pass A hone claws boost to a skill link Cincinno, or swords dance boost and Agility to anything: you get the idea). However, this is the same with every baton passer.

Also, a gimmicky set that can also only work with Follow me supprot, but once pulled off. . .

Haha you can't hit me!
Jolly/Timid
Item: ?
Double Team
Baton Pass/Struggle bug/Bug Bite (swadloon only)/Bug Buzz/X scissor (leavanny only)/ Leaf blade (leavanny only)
Struggle bug/Bug Bite (swadloon only)/Bug buzz/X scissor (leavanny only)/ Leaf blade (Leavanny only)
Wild card
EV's: Leavanny: 252 speed, rest optional (you decide where you need to put them)
Swadloon: 252 hp, rest ev's in def and/or spec def as you see fit.

Now here is a set with some rather unusual options that swadloon or Leavanny wouldn't normally see. With some follow me support, you can get some double teams going. After many double teams are used (potenially maximising your defense: the ultimate goal) and you'll be a real pain to hit. This set should be used with Leavanny for the maximum effect (swadloon doesn't mind taking hits as much as leavanny does).

As for the optional moves, you may decide you want to baton pass your Double team boost to a pokemon who has huge potential to sweep (works better if you're using swadloon). If you're using Leavanny, you could still run baton pass, but you have some attacking options as well. Moveslot no.3 is t just stop you from being taunt bait.

The last moveslot just uses "wild card". I'm basically saying anything of use could go here: any extra stat boosting move (if you're baton passing, Hone claws and double team make for an interesting, ironic but effective duo of boosts to pass on).

As Serebii would say, for this last moveslot. . .

Go nuts!

SomeoneIGuess

?Hu Hsilaciryl
Slaking CANNOT gain Chlorophyll while it has Truant. You need to make it lose truant via letting it hit a Cofagrigus first. That's the big problem. Don't forget.

@gyarados151: Double Team is banned in competitive play. And ANYONE can pull that off anyway.

Last edited:

frogofdoom555

(>:O) FFFFFFUUUUUU

• Huh, interesting Pokemon. One that i would like on my team. OK, here is my set.

Raining Sunshine

Chlorophyll @ Heat rock

Swords Dance
    X Scissor
    Leaf Blade
    Sunny Day
    4 Speed 4 attack

Swords dance for attack boost.
    X Scissor and Leaf Blade for STAB and the boost from swords dance.
    Sunny day for speed from Chlorophyll.
    Heat rock to make Sunny day last longer, which heightens the boost from Chlorophyll.

The EVs for boost of its already good speed and attack.

Partners:
    Any water type to switch out against fire types.

Counters:
    Any one with solar beam and electrics to take down the water types And ABSOLUTE FIRE!

With Raining sunshine any Leavanny can be a speed demon.

Mienshao FOREVER!

:620:

The Intersect

Moveset Master
Yeah i realize grass whistle has low accuracy just thought i would bring it up as an option for those who don't like camouflage
yeah i'll type numbers from now on

I haven't really pitched in for any of these in a while. I'll throw out a couple of sets for laughs.

Leavanny@Life Orb
Modest
Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Moves:
-Calm Mind
-Energy Ball/Grass Knot
-Bug Buzz
-HP Fire

Leavanny doesn't have the most fearsome Special Attack in the world, but after a Calm Mind or two it can be fixed. Energy Ball and Bug Buzz form the special core, Leavanny's STABs. I remember that back in 4th Gen, Grass Knot tended to do more damage overall to OU Pokemon than Energy Ball, but I can't remember if that's true in 5th Gen. Would be worth it if it was. HP Fire mainly fixes the coverage. Chlorophyll is very important, as without it Leavanny would be completely inferior to...well, a lot of stuff. Modest is necessary for that extra bit of power, since a Base 70 Special Attack isn't scaring anyone anytime soon. Same with Life Orb.

Leavanny@Life Orb
Adamant
Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Moves:
-Swords Dance
-Leaf Blade
-X-Scissor
-Return/Shadow Claw

Swords Dance Leavanny is definitely more capable of doing damage than its Calm Mind counterpart. Twice as much of a power boost, plus a decent Base 103 Attack stat makes this an interesting option. After Swords Dance, you'll be at +2 Attack and Speed (provided you're in Sun), after which you can go to work. Leaf Blade and X-Scissor are the finest physical STAB options that Leavanny has to offer. Return helps with a little extra neutral coverage, plus it has some decent power. Shadow Claw is weaker, but it also offers neutral coverage and a little super-effective coverage as well. Adamant and Life Orb for more power.

Leavanny@Choice Specs|Choice Band
Modest|Adamant
Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA|252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Moves:
Leaf Storm|Leaf Blade
Bug Buzz|X-Scizzor
HP Fire|Return
Air Slash|Shadow Claw

I combined these just to save space. Yeah, probably not very viable, but there's just something fun about running around with a Choiced Bug with double speed in Sun. On the physical set, you've pretty much got all the physical options I mentioned on the SD set, all of Leavanny's physical options to be honest. On the special side, I've chosen Leaf Storm over Energy Ball/Grass Knot because...let's be honest...you're going to need as much raw power as possible. Air Slash is Leavanny's last good special option, and it can be annoying with its flinching ability. It can also put the hurt on some Fighting types, which is nice. More of a gimmick than anything, but it's fun.

CrazyYanmega

I can only see one real use for Leavanny right now, and even though I love bug-Pokemon I have to say it.

Use her as easy-to-kill Attack EV fodder in the secret base when the RSE remakes come out. That is all.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
hmm i was actually thinking of training one but there is one thing it lacks that its same type counterpart has SPORE!
and due to this it has nooooo chance of surviving for long without substitute
so you must hit hard while you can thats what this set allows you to do.
Hit Me With Your Best Shot
Nature Adamant/Jolly
Item Miricale seed/ Silver Powder
Abilitity Swarm/overcoat
Substitute
Swords Dance
Leaf blade
X-scizzor
Ev's maxed out attack in speed for both natures and 4 in hp

Use this power wisely

Did you just SERIOUSLY suggest Miracle Seed and SilverPowder?! Excuse me while I go bash my head in with a hammer.

I can only see one real use for Leavanny right now, and even though I love bug-Pokemon I have to say it.

Use her as easy-to-kill Attack EV fodder in the secret base when the RSE remakes come out. That is all.

Your (lack of a) contribution is noted.

Last edited:

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan
Well, let's see.

Baton Leavanny

Baton Pass
Agility
Swords Dance
Leaf Blade

If you could learn more than four moves, this could possibly set up Leavanny as a good option. As it is, Baton Pass is so you can use Agility and Swords Dance as a set-up for another party Pokemon. Leaf Blade is so that you're not using struggle if you get taunted.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
I havn't posted in a while. Eh.

I'll try out this set I've been thinking about for a while:

Multitask
Ability: Chlorophyll/Overcoat
Nature: Jolly
Item: Light Clay
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Me First/X-Scissor/Leaf Blade
-Me First/X-Scissor/Leaf Blade

A Dual-Screen Support role, with the added fighting availability. First off, Chlorophyll if you're running a Sun team, Overcoat if you're not. Reflect and Light Screen are the obvious parts. Me First is actually usable what with Leavanny's good speed and a boosting nature. Light Clay for Dual Screens. X-Scissor and Leaf Blade are the given STABs that are normal on pretty much every set.

Besides that, their's not much else I need to say.

PMSandStormSBBZ

The Uber OU
Gimmick set again. Yay.

Confusing Bugger

-Swagger
-Reflect
-Toxic / Camouflage / Leaf Blade / X-Scissor
-Protect / Leaf Blade / X-Scissor / Return / Light Screen
Item Attached: Leftovers / Light Clay / Eject Button
Ability: Overcoat
EVs and Natures: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

Swagger, the crux of this gimmick, confuses, but raises the opponent’s Attack stat by two stages. Because of that, Reflect has been included to help deal with physical attacks.
Toxic can be used to slowly wear down the opponent over a period of time. Between that and possibly confusion damage, you can wear them down. Protect, as always, pairs nicely with Toxic, and can possibly block against an unlucky strike from confusion. If one feels that this pair is unnecessary, there’s always the option of having Camouflage to turn Leavanny’s bad typing to Normal with Return/Leaf Blade/X-Scissor or Light Screen. Light Screen always helps against special attackers, as Special Defense is Leavanny’s weak point. Of course, one may drop that luxury of helping absorbing Sp. Attack hits to prevent Leavanny from being Taunt bait.

Leftovers is... zzz... Light Clay is there to boost Reflect and/or Light Screen to seven turns (in total), and Eject Button is there to probably help a sweeper to set up and bulldoze through the rest of the other person's team.

Gimmick set. Don’t even think of sending this to OU, as the whole mass of sweepers there love the Swagger boost. Also, feel free to mix and match. You don’t need Toxic paired with Protect or Camouflage with Light Screen or an attacking move.

Last edited:

Epicpip

My stache' is better
If you were to use Swagger, then use Camouflage, then you would be pwned by any fighting attack but Focus Blast/Vacuum Wave.

SomeoneIGuess

?Hu Hsilaciryl
Leavanny's typing isn't crap. It'll get owned by Fire moves, but it packs useful resistances. Kind of. Since Flying moves are uncommon...

Because it 4x resists Ground, Grass, 2x resists Fighting, Electric and Water, which are all fairly commonplace. That's why it can do Choice sets, set up easily, etcetcblahblahblah.

PMSandStormSBBZ

The Uber OU
If you were to use Swagger, then use Camouflage, then you would be pwned by any fighting attack but Focus Blast/Vacuum Wave.

Yes, I can see your point, as physical Toxicroak and other Fighting types can get an attacking boost, but I'm saying that Camouflage can get rid of Leavanny's undesirable typing and changing it to Normal. The resistances Leavanny currently have are still good, just not good enough, and Normal types don't really fall prey to any attack except Fighting types. And yes, Reflect can 'sort of' solve that problem, but not completely, I'll give you that. But if you have an idea for my new set, then by all means tell me.

And like I said, it's a gimmick, so it may not be the number 1 option for a Leavanny. But who knows, it may not only be good on paper but on the battlefield too.

SomeoneIGuess

?Hu Hsilaciryl
Most of Leavanny's sets are gimmicks anyway, since Serebii said "Go nuts."

The non-gimmicks are the Grasswhistle Hone Claws set, the standard sweeper sets, and the Choice sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.