• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but:

Partnered with Ninetails:

Leavanny w/Chlorophyll
@Focus Sash
Moves:
- Hone Claws
- Grasswhistle
- Flail
- X-scissor/Leaf Blade/Shadow Claw

- Hone Claws for Grasswhistle terror
- Flail because it would get to 200bp when you factor in Focus Sash leaving you by a thread.
- X-scissor/Leaf Blade/Shadow Claw for not leaving you Jellicent/Chandelure bait... Shadow Claw for Chandelure obviously...

So.. Set up Hone Claws, get hit and Focus Sash activates, Grasswhistle your foe, Flail the basterd or otherwise the last slot move.

Last edited:

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
Keep Leavanny away from Volcarona. Volcarona can outspeed Leavanny and use any Fire-type move and OHKO it.

PMSandStormSBBZ

The Uber OU
Keep Leavanny away from Volcarona. Volcarona can outspeed Leavanny and use any Fire-type move and OHKO it.

Volcarona is flat-out going to be OU. Leavanny is flat-out going to be UU. Unless Leavanny receives some new toys in later games, it will not stand up to OU competitors.

Zachmac

Volcarona is flat-out going to be OU. Leavanny is flat-out going to be UU. Unless Leavanny receives some new toys in later games, it will not stand up to OU competitors.
I'm not sure about Volcarona, though. After all, it has a x4 weakness to SR. It might be UU, BL, or even NU for this.

Anyway, I found out a few threads back we're assuming we're using it in OU.

stargod13

Well i am so sad that Leavanny just isnt that good. I used it to advance through the main storyline but when teams a well rounded and multityped its really is useless. So i have decided to go with an idea on swadloon cause he was annoying to level up but a good tank if used right:

Swadloon@Evolite
Camouflage (get rid of horrible defensive typing)
Payback (so your not tauntable)
Toxic (just to be annoying)
Rest (used with leaf guard to really have fun in the sun)
IV's just make sure it has horrible speed so payback gets its double power
Ev's 252 to each defense and four to HP
use this set with leaf guard and a sun team for a different and slightly unexpected Toxic stall
Will Reiterate that leaf guard and sun is real important because it allows you to heal, couple that with camouflage and youll be in for a while.
one counter i can think of is Coballion cause it resists toxic and gets a boost off of payback so just watch out for that if you use it

TheAwesomeOne

Volcarona is gonna be BL min.
It has an excellent move pool and Stats.
But back on topic, ^Max HP is better than Max Defenses for Leavanny.

stargod13

@TheAwesomeOne
if you were posting to me. my set is for swadloon hence the evolite

stargod13

but evolite is maximized with higher defense in each because 50% of a larger number makes a larger boost overall to its defenses. and if the defense is really high the amount of damage done to the hp would be reduced

Shinepoke

uhhmmm YES!
Ha Leavanny. Cool because I have an untouched shiny chlorophyllic jolly sewaddle( in sig). I will definately use him as my set up.

Photosynthesis do your thing!
Jolly
Heat Rock
Chlorophyll
252 atk 252 speed 4 hp
Sunny Day
X-scissor
Leaf Blade
Shadow Claw

Well this set seems obvious but here we go. Sunny Day is way better than Agility unless being baton passed or with swarm. X scissor & Leafblade are for STAB. Shadow Claw is for those resist and because Leavanny's movepool is Pretty held back.

Zachmac

but evolite is maximized with higher defense in each because 50% of a larger number makes a larger boost overall to its defenses. and if the defense is really high the amount of damage done to the hp would be reduced

Okay, let's end this fight. With 252 Defense EVs and 0 HP evs, defending from a 100 power move from a 200 attack stat, it'll take about 76 damage out of 251 HP.

With 252 HP and 0 Def, it'll take about 114 damage out of 314.

That's 76/251 compared to 114/314.
About 30/80 to 32/80. Now, this is a rough estimate, but Max defenses are apparently a little better, if it's holding the Eviolite.

PMSandStormSBBZ

The Uber OU

TimmahX

Leavanny is gonna be NU probably.

Entrainment and Chlorophyll Dual Screening is too good to be restricted to NU. As a standard dual screener, it can see UU or higher. With Entrainment and Ninetails or Groudon in the top tiers, it can be an effective supporter by passing Chlorophyll along. Either way, it's definitely not an NU competitor. NU is for pokemon with no functions whatsoever. Spinda, Farfetch'd, Delibird, etc.

stargod13

Okay but with that being said about evolite isn't it sure to get banned soon cause it opens up some nasty baton passing ideas?

SomeoneIGuess

?Hu Hsilaciryl
Say wha?

Why would you ban Eviolite? It doesn't break anything anyway. The most horrifying Eviolite user is P2... Even then I have never run into trouble with that little duck.

NU Arguement: Espeon was NU last Gen due to being horribly outclassed. Since Leavanny has plenty of niches it'll probably be UU, with something like Volcarona outclassing it to a not-very-much extent.

(And within some time this thread will be closed and POTW 20 will open... WHAT WILL IT BE)

Last edited:
Okay but with that being said about evolite isn't it sure to get banned soon cause it opens up some nasty baton passing ideas?

The Evolite really isn't broken. All it did was make things like Porygon 2, Dusclops, and Chansey better to battle with in the upper tiers. There's nothing broken about that.

(And within some time this thread will be closed and POTW 20 will open... WHAT WILL IT BE)

I hope it's Blaziken. If not, then I might just write an analysis thread for him.

ASB

Weather Team Hater
I hope it's Blaziken. If not, then I might just write an analysis thread for him.

I'm still raging about the ban, I don't know if featuring him in a PotW right now would be good for my health. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.