• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
People who are just vomiting common 4th gen sets should be aware that its not 5th gen. Now Tyranitar is almost exclusively Banded, Scarfed or "general". You know, Pursuit / Fire Blast / Dragon Tail / Stealth Rock-esq sets that are half utility and half mixed sweeper. Doryuuzu, Breloom, Garchomp, Scizor and Roobushion cripple Tyranitar as a Dragon Dancer so I would never use it in 5th gen. I don't even think its a viable set anymore.

TTar's main use now is a Shandera hunter and sandstorm setter.. upper. Far too much checks and counters him in the top 15 to ever sweep.

This entire post.

Except you're forgetting MixTar, which is still viable. It's just less so than last gen :/

Actually, Tyranitar is much less useful in general than last gen. It might actually sink to BL this gen.

Epicpip

My stache' is better
;248;

Why not use Iron Tail on a set? (Oh wait, it's similar type coverage to Stone Edge and needs an accuracy boost) You could also use Avalanche if you wanted to use a slow Tyranitar and bulk him up instead. Like this:

Sits like a rock. Resists like a rock. Smashes like a rock.
-Avalanche
-Payback
-Fire Punch
-Dragon Tail
Choice Band
Adamant Nature
EVs: 128 Def, 128 SDef, 256 Atk, 4 Hp

Nothing for the speed, but you don't want this guy on a Trick Room team, especially because he revolves around going last. Fire Punch is there because someone said no bulky Ttars without a fire move, and besides, it's a good move in general for Ttar. I mean, who says speed is nessesary? The EVs help with the speed loss. Defense helps endure attacks, and attack EVs make his go last attacks AWESOME! Instead of raising his speed in vain (most of the time), just use it for a slow set... take it easy... ahh...

Last edited:

Anisha567

this week we are going to be covering Tyranitar. again, I know people will be upset/annoyed it isn't a 5th gen Pokémon or anything new, but give it time. we are starting 5th gen Pokémon once the games come to america and europe. anyway, there's a lot to add since the last time tyranitar was the potw!

sugimori248.png

easily one of the best pokemon in the game. if you don't know what it can do, you haven't played OU. anyway, go wild everyone!

also, double and triple battle strategies are greatly appreciated!

Please come with 5th gen Pokémon or anything new,that can we so exciting and with good fun.

Anisha567
Search for People,HandwritingAnalyst and Detective Agencies

Epicpip

My stache' is better
Hey, they use a random number generator, if ya don't know.

Mr. Marowak

was wrong about Gen6
Phbbbbbbbbbt!!

Hey, they use a random number generator, if ya don't know.

Yesh, but they still haven't done Venusaur in 4th gen/5th gen, and it's pretty useful in my eyes. and it's NOT from unova. How's THAT for a request? (JK, but venusaur would be a good option next) Even if it IS random no.

Last edited:
EVs: 128 Def, 128 SDef, 256 Atk, 4 Hp
Your EVs are a little funny there.

Yesh, but they still haven't done Venusaur in 4th gen/5th gen, and it's pretty useful in my eyes. and it's NOT from unova. How's THAT for a request? (JK, but venusaur would be a good option next) Even if it IS random no.

Their doing the Psuedo-Legendaries so that they don't get in the way. Venasaur is good, but there are better things.

And stop whining like a baby.

TrollFreak

Pit is Awesome :P
I Got a Moveset it's my Tyrannitar's Moveset

Tyrannitar Brave Nature(+ATK -SPD)
EVs: 252Atk 200SpDef 4HP
Item: Choice Band or Muscle Band or Life Orb

Moveset:
Payback
Stone Edge/Rock Slide
Ice Punch/ThunderPunch
Earthquake

Okay. You Want Beave Nature To benifit from Payback's Effect, which double's attack power when Tyrannitar moves last. A base Power of 100 with STAB is nothing to mess around with, especially with Trannitar.

Stone Edge is the other STAB Move which has a high CH (Critical-Hit) Ratio. It can take out bulky Pokemon like Dusknoir, Foretress, and Regirock if you ever face one.Or you could use Rock Slide, But Stone Edge is just better.

Ice Punch is for Ground types you might face like Groundon, and can hit Dragon types or ThunderPunch for Water Types. You decide

Earthquake for Steel Types and it does Massive and Accurate Damage (Over Stone Edge/Rock Slide)

Please Feature this Moveset Please :)

Epicpip

My stache' is better
Haha yea no.

1. Most fighting moves are PHYSICAL, that special defense boost ain't helping that.
2. If you are going to have payback, make sure BOTH defenses are covered.
3. I guess earthquake is okay, but don't have Rock Move AND Ice Punch, it's not really worth the grass coverage.
4. That set is completely prone to physical moves and bulky steel types. And Skarmory especially. Really, you should have a Fire Punch instead of Ice Punch.

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
If anyone haven't noticed yet, it is possible to give tyranitar counter. It can be taught in Gen III though, so tyranitar'll be stuck with sand stream. Other moves illegimate to tyranitar include assurance and focus energy, and that's all.

I thought tyrantar could surprisingly punish fighting user with said move. However, it means it must survive said move in the first place. So....

With 100/110/100 bulk, is it possible to prevent powerful fighting moves from OHKOing tyranitar?

The aboves sounds to general anyway, so my next solution is the give it Focus Sash. But it has to be at full HP for it to work. SR has to be cleared first for 'tar to work. Fortunately, sandstorm won't work, and hail damage can be cleared once 'tar enters in.

Still, it only work once, and tar will be left to be revenge killed after using counter.

Another problem is that fighting moves are not always physical. Lucario with aura sphere is an example, focus blast is another.

That's all I can see in tar using counter. Let me know if I missed out anything else.

Reno

so adorable...
okay, stop asking for 5th gen pokemon. I've already explained, as has serebii, that we won't be doing them for a little while. the games aren't out yet, so not everyone has access to the... knowledge, or something.

not to mention, a lot of these pokemon haven't been done since early dp or at all. since then, they've gained a lot of new sets or usage.

can you please just wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.