• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #20

Status
Not open for further replies.

asterat

Banned
can we do a good POTW leavanny, steelix, swalot, come on. How about Vocarona, Lucario, Accelgor, Druddigon, Escavalier, Scizor also stick to gen 5 all gen 4 is already done nobody cvares

Fatal1ty

My take I've been using since Gen 4.

Steelix@Leftovers
Sturdy
Sassy(+Sp. Def, -Spd)
252 HP, 196 Sp. Def, 60 Def

Earthquake
Gyro Ball
Curse
Stealth Rock

The lead set I use is a variant of a Curse-lix set. Sassy Nature because its Defense is already high enough, and needs that extra Sp. Defense to protect it from those Special Water moves. Curse brings up its Attack and Defense, while harshly reducing speed. This is good, it not only brings up the power of Earthquake and Gyro Ball, it gives the latter a boost from reduced speed. Stealth Rock is self explanatory on a lead set. Hope you liked it.

SomeoneIGuess

?Hu Hsilaciryl
@Sturdy is useless, it's not. It's a free Focus Sash.
@Gravity Sweeper, Nidoking hits harder, has a better movepool, etc. Yes I'm talking Blizzard + Earthquake.
@Up, stop reposting.
@Less harsh on POTW, Nah that's what makes the analysis special and not like Smogon's.

365pokemon

I hear most people complaining about his low special defense and crap. First off, this is a discussion forum, not a complain and rant about the pokemon forum, and second, if you really hate steelix now, who knows that he's not going to get an evolution in gen 6 or something?

Kraleck

I hate to bother, but I'd like to point out that it's quite possible that Steelix will never be available with both Iron Head and Sheer Force. One of them is only available in gen 4, and the other one only exists in gen 5.
Just pointing this out to anyone who looked at SomeoneIGuess's post and was planning on making a Sheer Force set with Iron Head, Iron Tail is probably more sensible. Kind of late, I know.

Huh. Can't believe I missed that about Iron Head, too...

The Intersect

Moveset Master
As usual i thought about another set first i had a though no one made the spec attack steelix i know its poor in that regard but it will catch perople off guard right. anyway im not going to do it either just thought i would mention it.
Cursed Bolt Beam Fang style AGAIN!
Item: Life Orb
Nature Adamant
Ev's 252 attack 252 Defence 252 Sp defence 4
Ice Fang
Thunder Fang
Curse
Gyro Ball

Pretty Self explanatory Life orb for power Cure for extra attack and defence while upping gyro with lower speed Ice and Thunder fang for perfect coverage

frogofdoom555

(>:O) FFFFFFUUUUUU
Here's my opinion

Stealix @ leftovers

Thief
Earthquake
Sleep Talk
Rest

Rest-Talk is here again. Recovery can be tough with competitive battling since you can't use items. Leftovers and Rest-Talk is helpful. Earthquake is for STAB.
And thief to take care of pesky psychic types and if you want to steal some items from wild Pokemon. This is wild and competitive battling right here for you. And about that thief, if you do use it, try to snatch some lucky eggs from chansey.

Oh and for another time, i'm not begging, but maybe you could have Porygon-Z if you don't already have it.

asterat

Banned
365 pokemon steelix wont get an evolution think of th eviolite...

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
...Just gonna sneek in here.

I regret what I've said about everything, and after a day-or-two thinking about, I'll just kind of stop posting for Steelix. I'll be "Back" the next POTW which is... Day after tomorrow. I was already gone for a while, but... Eh.

Here's my opinion

Stealix @ leftovers

Thief
Earthquake
Sleep Talk
Rest
attling right here for you. And about that thief, if you do use it, try to snat
Rest-Talk is here again. Recovery can be tough with competitive battling since you can't use items. Leftovers and Rest-Talk is helpful. Earthquake is for STAB.
And thief to take care of pesky psychic types and if you want to steal some items from wild Pokemon. This is wild and competitive bch some lucky eggs from chansey.

Oh and for another time, i'm not begging, but maybe you could have Porygon-Z if you don't already have it.

uhh... you can't steal an item while you hold an item too... I f you want a damage only, go with Crunch.

365pokemon

I can see the line getting a baby pokemon, but not a new evolution. It evolves by trade already, remember.
Anythings possible. Oh, or onix could get a side evolution that works via an evolution stone.

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
Anythings possible. Oh, or onix could get a side evolution that works via an evolution stone.

Like what I mean I could possibly see a lave Evolution but I don't think it would be good or is even likely... What this line needs to have a tier jump is a move pool enhancement(also known as reliable recovery)

There is literally NOTHING Evolite Onix does better than Evolite Rhydon besides being a bit faster.

Jeggyg

Veteran Nerd
Ahah, thought of another one!

You like dat? Yeah, that's my tail foool
Item: Muscle Band
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Rock Head/ Sturdy
Moves:
Iron Tail
Aqua Tail
Dragon Tail
Rock Polish/ Autotomize/ Stealth Rock/ Curse/ Explosion/ Sandstorm/ Double edge/ Payback/ Earthquake/ Whatever you want.

This is just a gimmic set really...
But Aqua tail sorts out anything like ground, rock or fire, even ice.
Iron Tail sorts out... rock, ice... that's about it... but it's STAB, woo.
Dragon Tail forces switches, good for use with stealth rock, but it also has a nice 60 base power, so it can be used for those pesky dragons.
The last move is really your choice, i mean you could go for speed, or up attack and defence, or set up a sandstorm or stealth rocks, or just smash some bootay, with either double edge, explosion or earthquake,. Payback could be used for ghosts and psychic...
IV's in Attack, Special Defence and finally Hp.

Shinepoke

uhhmmm YES!
Steelix. A cool pokemon. I remember in Heartgold I traded Jasmine a level 100 igglypuff (Got it in GTS) for here level 100 steelix named Rusty.Anyways back to my set. Steelix is a great lead. A graet physical wall. But he cannot sweep. And Sweeper sets is what i'm best at, here goes my lead set...

The Metal Snake can be Stealthy???
Careful
252 sp def/ 252 hp/ 4 atk
Sturdy
Leftovers/Chesto Berry
Stealth Rock
Explosion
Earthquake
Dragon Tail/ Rest/ Iron Tail

A lead pokemon. Stealth Rock to set up and to minimize withdrawing. Especially those flyings that will try to block Earthquake. Earthquake, great base power, great accuracy, and STAB. Explosion for when your in a pickle and just need to kill. The last three attack is a hard choice. Dragon tail is to force changes and hurt with stealth rock. Use Rest with chesto berry for another chance with sturdy. Iron tail is another STAB to hurt pokes that resist earthquake. Leftovers for healing. Evs and nature for tanking because he already has high def.

whiteknight

You know... Considering the recent release in the Dream World i would put up a vote for an eeveelution (though i am favoring Espeon)

McNinja

Surprised no one has called a Steelix set 'Solid Snake', as in Metal Gear Solid.
Would have stealth rock, explosion and hide under a box. That is all.

Rotomknight

THE GREATEST TRAINER
@ jygeg
replace iron tail with earthguake

Zachmac

There is literally NOTHING Evolite Onix does better than Evolite Rhyhorn besides being a bit faster.
Are you sure? And don't you mean rhydon?
Physically Defensive
Onix
Impish/252HP/252def/4sp.def
Eviolite/Sturdy
-Toxic
-Curse/Harden
-Sand Tomb
-Rest/Protect

With these EVs and nature, it has 274 HP and 690 defense. Then, with curse/harden just once, it moves up to 1,035 defense.

Use sand tomb on a physical attacker, then start boosting. With the enemy trapped, it can't be countered, and will completely wall the enemy. Curse works if you are being careful about Struggle, but Harden keeps it at decent speed. Rest is it's only recover move, and protect stacks on Sand Tomb/Toxic.
You know... Considering the recent release in the Dream World i would put up a vote for an eeveelution (though i am favoring Espeon)
There is a random number generator that picks the POTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.