• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeggyg

Veteran Nerd
@ jygeg
replace iron tail with earthguake

Yeah but it kinda defeats the point of the tail set... i know that earthquake was better... but i just like the idea of him hitting people with his tail...

Zachmac

Remember what I said in the last thread about the eviolite, where 252HP<252def/sp.def? I was just on a different thread, I brought that up, and then jesusfreak94 made the point that people would use 252HP/128def/s.d, and that 252HP+128def/sp.def>252def/s.def...So for onix, we'll want max HP.

Kerech

Shinigami...CHOP!
Meh, I'll assume this was posted already, but whatevs.

Steelix @ Leftovers / Mental Herb
Nature: Careful
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
- Curse
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I saw this posted a lot for Onix, but Steelix can do it well enough as well. Maximize defences with the spread, and be a ResTalk phazer. It may be slower than Onix, but it has superior typing. Lefties helps recovery, but if you're worried about being Taunted in your sleep, Mental Herb is always an option.

Most of its other options have been discussed: the 4th Gen Curse sets, Sheer Force elemental fangs sets, etc. And like everyone's said, most of its offensive capabilities are overshadowed by Ferrothorn. However, Sturdy is truly its saving grace, as you can take advantage of that to set up Rocks w/ Mental Herb, or you can phaze a threat comfortably, provided they aren't behind a Sub / flinching you / have a multi-hit move / Mold Breaker-esque abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.