• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #21

Status
Not open for further replies.

multi-scale

kind of a weird idea, but it can use wonder room so it isn't walled by blissey. it gets a weaker special defense, but it can use calm mind to make up for it.

Epicpip

My stache' is better
Some of you guys are doing defensive versions, so you may be able to try a defensive Elegym. He can use Evolite, is slower (yay?), and still has much that his evo does (a usable SpAttack).

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
Random Trick Room Set
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beheeyem @Leftovers
Quiet
Analytic/Synchronize
252Hp, 252Sp.Atk, 4Def/4Sp.Def
-Psyshock
-Trick Room
-Recover
-Hidden Power(Fighting)
Pretty much the same set Trick Room Reuniclus runs, with the exception of HP(Fighting) over Focus Blast.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sweeper Set
Beheeyem @Leftovers/Life Orb
Quiet
Analytic
252Sp.Atk, 252HP, 4Def/Sp.Def
-Psyshock
-HP(Fighting)
-Nasty Plot
-Recover
A standard sweeping set, use Nasty Plot to boost sp.atk, which works quite well with a quiet nature and analytic, and heal off damage with recover.

frogofdoom555

(>:O) FFFFFFUUUUUU
Hmm. Interesting Pokemon, on the side that it looks like a mix between a video game controller, a human, and floating clay pottery. Here's my set.

Need to Speed @ Quick Claw
4 HP 4 Spec. Defense 4 Defense
Synchronize

Recover
Trick room
Psychic
Rock slide

Trick Room to move first because of its lacking speed.
Recover Is your best bet for healing and because of low speed, you won't get to do it without trick room.
Psychic for STAB
Rock Slide because it can learn it and to mix it up.

HP for extra bulkiness, and the defenses are already good, so why not make them better?

Synchronize to get a hax without using a move. The opponent will help you.

Quick claw so you can actually use Trick Room.

COUNTERS:
Anything that's dark type (Bisharp, Hydreigon, etc.), and bug types (Escavalier, etc.).
Anything slower than Beheeyem can work when trick room is activated.

PARTNERS:
Surprisingly, Escavalier especially. My grandpa moves faster than him.
With trick room, He can take out dark types that ruin Beheeyem.
Fire types for bug types, and fighting for darks.
Basically, anything slow that takes out most Pokemon.

Overall, this move set is good for Beheeyem so he can actually get some speed.

So if you try this, thank me.

Well, it it seems Reuniclus outclasses most of its sets in OU, but Beeheyem can cause damage in the lower tiers. Recover and CM can make a pretty good bulky set in the lower tiers though:

Re-UU-niclus
Beeheyem @ Leftovers
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spe)
ability: Analytic
Evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Ivs: 0 Spe
~ Calm Mind
~ Recover
~ Psychic / Psyshock / Shadow Ball
~ Hidden Power Fighting

Thanks to Analytic, Beeheyem hets an attack boost if it moves last, so Relaxed with 0 Spe IVs is used. The purpose of the set is that the bulk is used for Beeheyem to survive an initial hit so it can fire off an Analytic boosted one. Once it gets up a few Calm Minds, it can take hits from both sides of the spectrum fairly well, and Recover when needed. Psychic and Psyshock are for STAB, and can potentially 2HKO anything that doesn't resist it after a few CM's and an Analytic boost. Hidden Power Fighting hits Dark and Steel types who resist you. Shadow Ball can be used to give Beeheyem perfect coverage, but it loses out on STAB.

Abizzel1

I think the choices for partners on here have been the least helpful throughout the 5th gen Pokemon of the Week. For partners everyone list types of Pokemon that can deal with the POTW's weakness, but that's not how you pick a partner in double/triples battles, because you're going to be taking Earthquakes, Surfs, Heat Waves/Lava Plumes, Discharges, Blizzards and more.

A true example of a partner would be Ninetales, Tangrowth/Exeggutor, Terrakion/Aerodactyl. This team completely supports one another. Ninetales Drought ability boost it's fire type moves, making Heat Wave a huge threat, as well as, getting rid of the teams water weakness.

At the same time it's drought ability doubles Tangrowth's/Exeggutor's speed thanks to Chlorophyll making them great sweepers. This also cover Ninetales water, ground, and rock weaknesses, with Ninetales covering it's Bug and Ice weaknesses. Tangrowth is the better choice IMO for being a mixed sweeper.

Finally Aerodactyl rounds things out by taking care of Tangrowths other weaknesses, leaving only an Electric weakness uncovered.

This is how partners work, by completely benefiting/covering one another, not just being able to take on a type the POTW is weak against.

When looking for a partner you have to look through ALL 649 Pokemon, and find the perfect chemistry between them.

Shinepoke

uhhmmm YES!
Also, when Analytic says 'Attack power is boosted', does that mean the actual stat Attack, or the move's power? (Regardless of Physical/Special classification.)

No it is not the attack Stat but all of His/Her's power of attack. That is why it can be useful on this guy. No one is going to make an attack set for this guy.

Jeggyg

Veteran Nerd
hum hum... ok :L
Beheeyem Rhapsody
Item:Wise Glasses
Nature:Quiet (+Spec atk, -Speed)
Ability:Analytic
Moves:
Nasty Plot
Psychic
Energy Ball/Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt/ Disable

Ok Nasty Plot ups your already beastly special attack, then analytic furthers that ommph.
Psychic is for the STAB and it has... nice power.
Energy Ball covers rock, water and ground. Shadow Ball covers psychic and... that's it...
Thunderbolt covers water and flying, so you may not want to use it in conjunction with Energy Ball, Disable can be used to mess with your opponent...
IV's in special attack, and then special defence and defence evenly.

Uh uh uh uh stayin' alive, by the Beheeyems.
Item: Light Clay
Nature: Bold
Ability: Synchronise/ Analytic
Moves:
Reflect/ Barrier
Light Screen
Power Swap/ Disable/ Guard Swap/ Wonder Room/ Recover
Toxic/ Psychic/ Psyshock/
Ok, the aim of this is to keep alive for as long as possible, not exactly playing to his strengths but it works... probably...
Reflect/ Barrier reduces the amount of damage done physically, with light screen it's the same... but different...
The next one is up to you, power swap can reduce their attack, disable can catch that move that hurts, and then they can't use it, guard swap allows you to do some damage, Wonder Room makes you slightly less damageable from physical attack, but more from special attack... Recover lets you live longer.
Toxic works here, cus if you're staying alive then it'll do more damage.
Psychic just hurts anything that's not strong against it.
Psyshock gives you a physical possibility, if you choose guard swap, this is a good idea.

IV's in Hp, then defence and special defence evenly.

Dude, that gave me the Beheeyem's. *shiver*
Item: Muscle Band
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Synchronise/ Analytic
Moves:
Power Switch/Swap | Psych up
Thunder Wave | Swagger
Zen Headbutt
Return/ Rock Slide/ Thief
It's a gimmic set, ok? But in theory is should work, no one will expect it, that's for sure...
Power Switch is useful against pokemon that have a high attack, Swap is just good for you cus of the high special attack. Psych Up is used in conjunction with Swagger. Thunder Wave is just a nice bit of Status to bandy around.
Ok, Zen Headbutt is your only physical STAB.
Return is a normal physical move and gets perfect coverage with Zen Headbutt i think... Rockslide is for fire and flying... and theif is for other Psychics and ghosts.
IV's in Attack, Then Special Defence and defence evenly.

pika250

Has anyone considered using Miracle Eye as opposed to HP Fighting?

That'll at least stop that Spiritomb/Sableye problem... With Psychic and Fighting alone you're walled by those two...

Shedinja still beats you, sadly. Which is why there's Shadow Ball, another reason for which would be the abundance of Psychic types, especially the special bulky ones. And it has the same chance at lowering Special Defense that Psychic does whereas HP has no side effect.

Beheeyem is essentially a weaker Reuniclus, but with a stronger boosting move in Nasty Plot, which the Solosis line cannot learn, all they got for boosting Special Attack is Calm Mind...

steelguttey

Plotting to destroy the world
Item: Life Orb / Iron Ball
Ability: Analytic
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 252 SAtk/252 HP/4 Def
IVs: 2 Spe / 30 SAtk / 30 Def / 30 SDef
move 1: Nasty Plot
move 2: Psychic/Psyshock
move 3: Shadow Ball
move 4: Hidden Power Fighting

Nasty Plot makes your Sp.Atk with Life Orb %160 Percent (Analytic=30% + Life Orb= 50% + Nasty Plot= x2 = %160) Psyshock hits Special Walls, Shadow Ball gets good coverage with Psychic, and Shadow Ball and HP Fighting get perfect coverage. IVs so HP fighting has 70 BP

Last edited:

LokiTheGengar

Sith Lord Victorious
An odd Pokemon deserves an odd use:

Beheeyem@Focus Sash
Syncronize
-Power Swap/ Guard Swap
-Recover
-Psychic/Psyshock
-Trick Room
252hp/100special defense/100 defense/ 52 attack

If I understand correctly, Power/Guard swap trades stat boosts, screwing swords dancers and the like. Focus sash keeps you alive to pull off trick room, and recover is there for obvious reasons. Psychic deals a bit more damage, but Psyshock hits Chansey and Blissey, not that this guy would see the OU much.

A Supportive Beheeyem (in Double Battles) @ Leftovers
Telepathy
252 Def/ 252 Sp.Def/ 4 HP
Bold
-Simple Beam
-Light Screen
-Psych Up
-Reflect

Works REALLY well with Slaking. Simple Beam to get rid of Slaking's Traunt, and on the second turn, Slaking could use Bulk Up and get +2 Atk/Def. Simple Beam can also work well so the Levitaters are brought down. Dual Screens for more defensive reasons. and Psych up to get the +2 Def.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
...Alright, I come back in for Beheeyem. ...I'll just get a few comments in.

I can never think of good names for these sets.
Ability: Analytic
Nature: Modest/Quiet
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP, 200 SDef, 52 SAtk
-Psychic/Shadow Ball/Hidden Power [Bug]
-Psychic/Shadow Ball/Hidden Power [Bug]
-Calm Mind
-Recover

A usual set. Three different attacking options, of which are usual. Calm Mind+Recover is your usual walling option, or you could call this a bit more of a Tank if you wanted to. Modest if you just want power, Quiet if you want Analytic to kick in more often.

Quick note for Multi-Battles:

Edit: The one above Ninja'd me, but I've already quoted him below.

I think no one has said this before? Great. If you are in Multi-Battles, you can use Simple Beam then Psych Up on your team-mate to get doubly huge boosts. A fellow Calm Mind-er might work, perhaps Gardevoir or Alakazam or the like in UU. For one thing, it would take up two spots on your moveslots to get boosts possibly every turn, and the other on your team would also get boosts by Sharply upping SAtk and SDef each turn. Actually, now that I've looked, only this guy and Audino can do this. Pretty amazing, he can turn into a Special wall pretty fast, huh?

Edit:
A Supportive Beheeyem (in Double Battles) @ Leftovers
Telepathy
252 Def/ 252 Sp.Def/ 4 HP
Bold
-Simple Beam
-Light Screen
-Psych Up
-Reflect

Works REALLY well with Slaking. Simple Beam to get rid of Slaking's Traunt, and on the second turn, Slaking could use Bulk Up and get +2 Atk/Def. Simple Beam can also work well so the Levitaters are brought down. Dual Screens for more defensive reasons. and Psych up to get the +2 Def.
I'm pretty sure someone said a while back Truant resists Ability-changing moves? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Abizzel1

Works REALLY well with Slaking. Simple Beam to get rid of Slaking's Traunt, and on the second turn, Slaking could use Bulk Up and get +2 Atk/Def.

This also allows it to work well with a ton of other Pokemon

Regigigas Slow Start gone
Manaphy/Volbeat +6 SA after 1 Tail Glow
Dragon Dancers +2 ATK , +2SP
Slower Shell Smashers +4 ATK, +4 SA, +4 SP, -2 DEF, -2SD (Omastar, Crustle, Carracosta, Gorebyss, Huntail, Magcargo all become team killers)

These are partners, not something that covers it's weakness.

grantholomew

accually is dolan
I think I was the only person among my friends to figure out how to pronounce Beheeyem’s name correctly. And we all thought he was some rock, and the markings on its head were his face. It’s still pretty cool, though.
606.gif

We’ve Come For Your Pickles, Resistance is Futile
Beheeyem @ WiseGlasses/Choice Specs/Leftovers
Trait: Analytic/Synchronize
EVs: 140 Def /252 SAtk /108 SDef
Quiet (+Sp. Attack, -Speed)
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt/Thunder Wave/Toxic/Nasty Plot
- Trick Room
So basically, Psychic is your STAB to end everything that isn’t a Psychic, Steel or Dark type. Shadow Ball will take out Ghost and Psychic type. Thunderbolt because it can, but Thunder Wave can make your opponent slower, although Beheeyem is so slow that he might still go last, and even if he does go first then Analytic won’t come into play. Toxic is another option just to help a little. Nasty Plot just adds to your insane Special Attack. Finally, Trick Room will basically assure that you will go first for a little while, but that discounts Analytic. So basically don’t use Analytic if you are going to use Thunder Wave or Trick Room, and don’t use Telepathy at all unless you’re specializing in double battles. For items, WiseGlasses will add to your Special Attack, but not as much as Choice Specs though WiseGlasses allow you to choose your move at will. Leftovers are another option. I know this set is kind of redundant, but so are all of the new Psychic types released this generation.

WizardTrubbish

much more beastly
I skew the RNG so there's more Gen Vs, and there's still moaning. I can't win ¬¬

In my book, this is a win. Beheeyem's my favorite Pokemon. (Technically it's Elgyem, but Elgyem can only be included in pre-evolution corner)

grantholomew

accually is dolan
We’ve Come For Your Pickles, Resistance is Futile
Beheeyem @ WiseGlasses/Choice Specs/Leftovers
Trait: Analytic/Synchronize
EVs: 140 Def /252 SAtk /108 SDef
Quiet (+Sp. Attack, -Speed)
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt/Thunder Wave/Toxic/Nasty Plot
- Trick Room
Sorry, for EV's I meant 144 Defense and 112 Sp. Defense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.