• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
Simple Beam can be used to either get rid of a good ability on the opponent or to trap the opponent, or can be used to change a bad ability on one of your Pokemon (Slaking and Archeops, anyone?).

Also could be used to speed the boosting of a set up sweeper(note that if you intend to eliminate your foes ability they might anticipate that and switch to something that would benefit from simple(if eliminating abilities gastro acid is a better choice)

Lastly, I'm pretty sure abilities such as Traunt, Slow Start or Defeatest have tricks preventing easy ability loss (blocks ability replacing moves <Simple Beam and worry seed will fail> though Skill Swap, Gastro Acid and Mummy all still work)

Shinepoke

uhhmmm YES!
I'm mad that i waited till the last day to to this. Most I can think of is already put. Anyway I still got to put a weekly set by me :)

That Nasty Alien's look has paralyzed me.
Modest
252 sp atk. 252 Speed. 4 hp
Syncronize
Leftovers
Thunder Wave
Nasty Plot
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Lol A sweeping set that actually works. Thunder Wave makes the speed reduced by 25%. 25% is not a lot (ie 400 with paralysis makes 300) but with 252 evs in speed he can overspeed a lot of guys. Nasty Plot powers this sp atk to incredible heights. Psychic is for stab and is very powerful. Shadow Ball is for everyone that resists psychic. Syncronize is the only ability worth using on this set.

Last edited:

Vandslaux

That Nasty Alien's look has paralyzed me.
Modest
252 sp atk. 252 Speed. 4 hp
Syncronize
Leftovers
Thunder Wave
Nasty Plot
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Lol A sweeping set that actually works. Thunder Wave makes the speed reduced by 25%. 25% is not a lot (ie 400 with paralysis makes 300) but with 252 evs in speed he can overspeed a lot of guys. Nasty Plot powers this sp atk to incredible heights. Psychic is for stab and is very powerful. Shadow Ball is for everyone that resists psychic. Syncronize is the only ability worth using on this set.

T-Wave reduced speed TO 25%. 400 would be 100. Deoxys-S hits a rock-bottom 126 Speed with paralysis.
Minimum Speed Shuckle's Speed becomes 3 after para, I dunno how low it would be if he was passed 6 Curses and Tricked an Iron Ball.

Anyways, I'm considering replacing Reuniclus on my TR OU team with Beeheyem, simply because of Nasty Plot.

Casty

Yay for yet another bland Pokemon...

Anyway, I can only see Beheeyem (sp?) working in Tripels as a TR supporter. Cresselia and Musharna both outclass it in Doubles, so don't even try it.

Triples TR Support

Beheeyem @ Leftovers / Mental Herb
Ability: Telephaty
EVs: 252 hp / 252 def / 6 sp.atk
Bold nature

~ Trick Room
~ Ally Switch
~ Shadow Ball
~ Psychic

Not many Pokemon are good at using both Trick Room and Ally Switch, so that's one of Beheeyem's claim to fame. Ally Switch is a great attack that can possibly save your teammate from a fatal move. However, Trick Room should be used first to guarantee that your attacks go first. To ensure that the move will be pulled off, one can use Mental Herb over Lefties, which now heals the holder from the "Taunted" status. Psychic and Shadow Ball allow it to dish some damage when the situation demands. Telephaty protects Beheeyem from being mauled by Rhyperior's Earthquake and similar stuff.

The spread used maximises Beheeyem defensive potential... yeah, not much to say about it.

Potential partners: Trick Room abusers, including, but not limited to: Rhyperior, Metagross, Snorlax, Emboar, Hariyama, Scrafty, Slowking, Omastar, Empoleon. Anything that helps to pull the TR off, like Fake Out users and Follow Me/Rage Powder users. Scrafty, Hariyama, Amoonguss, Smeargle, Clefable, Hitmontop etc.

Last edited:

GirlKirbyZombie

Pokemon Rancher
It's been a while since I did POTW. Here it goes.

Double whammy!
Natures: Modest or Bold
EVS: Invest in defenses and special attack!
Ability: Any. It depends on the moveset.
Item: Colbur berry or leftovers
Moves:
Phychic
Physhock
Calm Mind/Reflect/Light Screen/Nasty Plot
Miracle Eye/Recover/Trick room/Growl/Barrier

No more worries about defenses! Just strike away with the power of dealing damage to both without any need for attack! If you play doubles or triples, have a soaking Basculin or Seaking on your side. They will help get rid of the foe's dark type without spending a turn to do so with miracle eye.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Double whammy!
Natures: Modest or Bold
EVS: Invest in defenses and special attack!
Ability: Any. It depends on the moveset.
Item: Colbur berry or leftovers
Moves:
Phychic
Physhock
Calm Mind/Reflect/Light Screen/Nasty Plot
Miracle Eye/Recover/Trick room/Growl/Barrier
It sort of needs trick room because it will be 2HKO otherwise, it does have 40 base speed, good in a trick room. So...
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 252Sp attack/ 200 defence/ 56 Sp defence
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Synchronise (Awful abilities)
-Trick Room
-Physhock/Phychic
-Energy Ball/Thunderbolt
-Substitute/Recover
You set trick room up ( defence EVs for the attacks that will hit you). Physhock or Phychic depends on whether your team is mainly physical or special. Physhock also catches chansey/blissey unawares. Energy ball is the most powerful non-phychic ( barring Hyper Beam)move after a Sp defence drop but thunderbolt doesn't need one, plus there's the type difference. Substitute lets you hide and heal with leftovers and survive a hit when your trick room runs out or when a dark type comes in. Recover heals you instantly but you'r sitting in the open. A good team-mate would be the fire/fight starters because they counter its two weaknesses, bug and dark.
EDIT: Testing it on PO now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.