• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #22

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveshan

My little friend
Are we missing something here? If you've rapid-spun rocks away, momento clears the way for an almost-guaranteed bellyzard.

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Why Dugtrio?? when are the very good worthy poks comeing as pokemon of the week..geez..

Anyway. I like Sazandora's his sets. Pretty much sums it all i guess.

Jeggyg

Veteran Nerd
The problem with the POTW is that people don't think outside the box enough :/

Maxulus

Well, the moveset I am about to post only works if you have another pokemon in the team. I was hesitating at posting it, but pokemon is all about strategy so I thought I could post it. In order for this set to work, you need a Durant in the team with the Truant ability (although it is not released in the games, you can get it in the emulators). The Durant's set is this:

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Truant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / The 6 remaining don't really
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Entertainment
- Whatever you want
- Whatever you want
- Whatever you want

Now, to the main point. When you believe your opponent is using a pokemon that can kill your Durant and it is NOT a flying type, does not have a Balloon or has the Levitate ability (It is easy to kill Durant with a fire type move), you use Durant. You go with Entertainment and the opponent will definitely attack with the fire type move the pokemon is holding, knowing that it can kill Durant. Then, the real deal comes! You use your mighty Dugtrio!

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash / Scope Lens
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Speed / 6 HP
Nature: Jolly
-Protect
-Hone Claws
-Earthquake / Substitute
-Stone Edge

So you probably have understood the way the set works. Dugtrio is the fastest pokemon with an ability that prevents switching. It can reach 372 Speed and that makes it a beast. As soon as Durant gets killed, you switch to Dugtrio. The first turn, the opponent's pokemon will be loafing around so you go with your Hone Claws. Then, you protect yourself while the opponent will be using an attacking move. And that can happen until you maximize your attack and accuracy. Afterwards, you start destroying your opponent's team and have fun. However, even if you maximize your attack there is the problem of the Priority moves and with its frail defense stat Dugtrio can be killed immediately. That's why I suggest to give it a Focus Sash.

Another option is to give Substitute, to help your hax Dugtrio protect itself from Priority Moves. If you are about to give Substitute I suggest to get rid of Earthquake instead of Stone Edge because if the opponent uses a flying type you can't do anything at all. Stone Edge is a Rock Type move and it can hit any pokemon. Plus, it will never miss thanks to Hone Claws and has a high critical hit ratio which can be abused if you give it Scope Lens (Focus Sash will be useless because you are using Substitute).

Last edited:

365pokemon

This actually made me think. When discussing STChandy, I always made it a point that it was uncounterable because nothing could switch out that didn't have Shed Shell (waste of an item), Run Away (horrible ability and users), U-Turn, Volt Switch, or Baton Pass (these attacks aren't widely distributed). Because of the few and far-between (or plain awful) ways of escaping, Chandy was pretty much uncounterable. However, Dugtrio is a bit different. Not only can the above ways foil Arena Trap (bar Volt Switch), but the ability doesn't work on any Flying types or Pokemon with Levitate, which are actually quite common. So...how uncounterable is Dugtrio?

Could you explain to me why you would switch dugtrio in on a flying type with this understanding?

TheBluePorygon

i miss the old kanye
Wow

Sweet advantage of time zones :3

Sub Plus 3 Attacks
-Substitute
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Sucker Punch
Item Attached: Life Orb
Ability: Sand Veil/Sand Force
EV's and Nature:
EV's: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -Sp.Atk)/Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp.Atk)
Sub Plus 3 Attacks, imo, is the best offensive set for Dugtrio. With a base 120 Speed stat, it can set up its sub before being attacked and can sweep. EQ and Stone Edge for QuakeEdge coverage. Dugtrio can pull off Sucker Punch very nicely since everybody is just gonna beat the crap out of it.

Toxic Trapper
-Toxic
-Protect
-Substitute
-Sucker Punch/Earthquake/Stone Edge
Item Attached: Leftovers/Focus Sash
EV's and Nature:
EV's: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Spd (obviously needs fixing i think)
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -Sp.Atk)
This one is a beeeast! Toxic to do some damage. Protect to Toxic Stall. Sub to stall out more. Sucker Punch is gonna hit almost everything since every player trapped in this situation just wants to kill Dugtrio. Earthquake hits hardest. Stone Edge hits the Flying types that want to escape the Arena Trap.

SPECS-TRIO?!
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power (Fire)
-Echoed Voice
-Final Gambit
Item Attached: Choice Specs
Ability: Sand Veil/Arena Trap
EV's and Nature:
EV's: 4 HP/252 Sp.Atk/252 Spd
Modest Nature (+Sp.Atk, -Atk)
I'm going gimmicky on this one. Earth Power for the STAB move. Hidden Power (Fire) hits 2 of its weaknesses, Grass and Ice. Echoed Voice is interesting to use with Arena Trap. Final Gambit to some decent damage to the opponent, but if you had max HP, then you can do a lot more damage. Max HP EVs is an option on this set, but you still need room for Sp.Atk and Speed EV's.

I've probably taken most of the fun so, I'm done for now :3

Edit: Deleted some sets because I felt majorly sorry for you guys

That sums it all up, no need for input

V4LOVER

chirp
Could you explain to me why you would switch dugtrio in on a flying type with this understanding?
You mean "why would you switch a flying type in on Dugtrio", since nobody would do the former anyway.

You can Pursuit levitating things like Latios, Latias, Azelf, Gengar and others. It also can catch a Sigylph, Xatu or so on with a KO when they all switch out expecting a CB Night Slash or Stone Edge.

The Intersect

Moveset Master
Ah the Original mole.

I will ruin your garden!
Nature: Jolly Ev's: 252 attack and speed 4 sp def
Item: Life Orb focus sash or Leftovers
Aerial Ace
Sucker punch/faint attack
Earthquake
Stone edge/Toxic/memento

Aerial ace removes grass types from the equation
Sucker punch is priority as long as you opponent attacks or faint attack never misses
Earthquake for stab
stone edge for flying types or toxic if you want a status option and memento for obvious reasons its your choice

Last edited:

toawest1

Pokemon Trainer
leadtrio

Dugtrio@focus smash
Nature: jolly
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP

-Earthquake
-Sucker Punch
-Sand Storm
-Stealth Rock

This might work as a lead,he will get around 372 speed and with that much speed it will our run a lot as long as it is not scarfed,it can set up Stealth Rock and Sand Storm and if needed Sucker Punch,and Earthquake is just its best STAB

Last edited:

Hojinisabeast22

I'm a Fan, Man!
why dugtrio? your machine makes me mad.

365pokemon

What I'm saying is that if they wanted to trap there opponents, they wouldn't switch it in on a flying type unless they had pursuit.

Blazing Groudon

I HAV A TOP% RATATA!
Slow, sandy, poison death:

Careful-BrightPowder
-Rock Tomb
-Toxic
-Sandstorm
-Substitute

This one's designed to take advantage of it's ability to slowly chip away at enemies. It first poisons the enemy with Toxic. It then uses Sandstorm. It creates a substitue, and every turn after that, uses Rock Tomb, slowing the opponent's speed. Careful is the perfect nature for this, because it raises defense, and lowers Sp. Attack, which this set doesn't even use.

Leaf_Umbreon

Dat Dell Tower
Canyon Death:
Dugtrio:
Evs: Attack 12 , Speed 9
Ability: Sand Veil/Sand Force
Item: Soft Sand/Ground Gem/Wide Lens
Attacks:
Move 1:Sand Storm: To Raise Evasion or Speed
move 2:Earthquake: The main Death Move
Move 3:Magnitude/Fissure/Rock Slide/Final Gambit: Last Resort or Death to You move
Move 4:Tri Attack/Cut/Swagger/Beat Up: Use for Opponet Swaps or type Dissadvantage

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
I be stealin' a post.

Just a set I've thought up recently:

I Be Stallin'
Nature: Jolly
Item: Focus Sash/Leftovers
EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Atk, 4 HP (There's never a better spread for this guy anyway, really...)
-Protect
-Toxic
-Night Slash/Shadow Claw/Slash/Earthquake/Stone Edge/Sucker Punch/Substitute
-Night Slash/Shadow Claw/Slash/Earthquake/Stone Edge/Sucker Punch/Substitute

Stalling is something Dugtrio could possibly do. Protect and Toxic are the obvious parts to the set. With Arena Trap, he can do quite a bit of damage here, even stall out some of the bulkier ones. Then, you have pretty much Dugtrio's arsenal at choice, the trio of CritiCuts, Eq, SE and Sucker Punch. You could also run Substitute if you want a bit more protection. It actually works really well with Protect and Toxic. Leftovers if you run Substitute, FSash if you don't.

...Just a thought.

NAMBIRI

After Long time not Contributing cause of some problems....

Errr Just bored so I thought of this while looking at it.
Sexy Trap Dugtrio (Preferred Female)
Naughty or Sassy Nature(not preferred) Timid Nature -Atk +Speed
252HP / 252Speed / 6Def @Leftovers/Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
-Mud Slap
-Toxic
-Attract
-Protect

This Set is mainly to stop them from landing a hit on you. Attract Plus Mud Slap and Protect is just sexy as you can lower their Accuracy, 50% chance of them not attacking with Attract and you also need extra Protection with Protect. The 6 EV in def is just because it has low def for Ground type than majority of Ground type Pokemon.

In triple battles or double they might aim for it since it is so ATTRACTIVE well keep it in the middle if you are in triple battle so that you can attract all of the oppositions if they are all male (in most cases it will be male since that ais what I find being used most. To divert attention from it being knocked out easily....

Partners time
Use Pokemon that knows the move "Follow Me" so that you can poision all of the opposing challenger (Assuming they are not poision type or steel types and nor are they immune to Status Condition Or have Poison Heal). Follow me Allows The Pokemon that used it to be hit and not the other Pokemon. This is most likely to be Clefable since it has Magic Gaurd as an Ability and can learn Follow me to attract Status condition moves that are aimed at Dugtrio. A Pokemon with the Move Wide Guard is also helpful in Triple or Double battle to protect it from Field attacks Such as Earthquake, Muddy Water, Surf and so forth. Ideally This is just used for trolling people in Battle since I love doing that. You need Pokemon that can Also recover Dugtrio with Healing Beam so that it restores its HP. In rare causes that Dugtrio has encountered status conditon, you also need Heal Bell User or Aromatheory User to clear it off Such as Celebi since it can use all of that. More defensuve Partners are those who can also enduce status condition and have attract plus Follow me to Slowly out Stall them. So basically Slow death to the opponent.
This was all on Defensive side of this Pokemon.

Offensive Side with this move set.
Partners:
Storm Drain Users will be most usefull in this cause to take on water moves as well as gaining sp.atk Increase and than Hit back hard with the boost. Ice Type move users will Most likely Dent the opposition as well as fire users in case of Steel types who are immune to toxic come in.

Enough for now :p

Last edited:

Zachmac

Sunny Day Lead
Jolly/252HP/252speed
Arena Trap/Heat Rock
-Sunny Day
-Stealth Rock
-Memento
-Final Gambit
I know, I know, out-classed by Ninetails, but it can work in lower Tiers, as Ninetails is clearly OU, and it can get up a Stealth Rock to. The point is obvious, prepare the sunshine for teammates to use. Memento works well, helping the teammate that comes in get a Substitute, Swords dance, Dragon Dance, ect. Final Gambit is if the enemy tries to taunt you, it will always do 274 damage. Most leads that use taunt will be OHKOed.

In doubles/triples: It has 120 speed, and beat up....You know where I'm going with this, it's an old trick by now.
Slow, sandy, poison death:

Careful-BrightPowder
-Rock Tomb
-Toxic
-Sandstorm
-Substitute

This one's designed to take advantage of it's ability to slowly chip away at enemies. It first poisons the enemy with Toxic. It then uses Sandstorm. It creates a substitue, and every turn after that, uses Rock Tomb, slowing the opponent's speed. Careful is the perfect nature for this, because it raises defense, and lowers Sp. Attack, which this set doesn't even use.
Why rock tomb if it has 120 speed, and sandstorm if with Tyranitar/Hippowdon?
Beauty Trap (Preferred Female)
Naughty or Sassy Nature(not preferred) Timid Nature -Atk +Speed
252HP / 252Speed / 6Def @Leftovers
Trait: Arena Trap
-Mud Slap
-Toxic
-Attract
-Protect

This Set is mainly to stop them from landing a hit on you. Attract Plus Mud Slap and Protect is just sexy as you can lower their Accuracy, 50% chance of them not attacking with Attract and you also need extra Protection with Protect. The 6 EV in def is just because it has low def for Ground type than majority of Ground type Pokemon.

In triple battles or double they might aim for it since it is so ATTRACTIVE well keep it in the middle if you are in triple battle so that you can attract all of the oppositions if they are all male (in most cases it will be male since that ais what I find being used most. To divert attention from it being knocked out easily....
It might work, but only in PO and Shoddy, where people usually stick with the default for most pokemon:Male. In wi-fi battles, there will probably be just as many females.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.