• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #27

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeoneIGuess

?Hu Hsilaciryl
Reshi...

Reshiram @ Life Orb
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Flame Charge
- Blue Flare / Fusion Flare
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder

Flame Charge Reshiram works pretty well, but I've never played Ubers so I wouldn't know. Flame Charge increases Reshiram's speed, and at +1 it'll at least Speed tie with Scarf Kyogre and the like. Blue Flare hits harder, and can burn, but Fusion Flare doesn't miss. Dragon Pulse hits things that resist your Fire move of choice hard, notably Dragon Types, and Thunder is used for cove- I mean, exclusively for the big blue fish Kyogre. No really, you'll be using Reshiram in the SUN and Thunder + Not Rain = Fail.

ReshiramF

Fear the Reshiram

Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
Blue Flare/Fusion Flare/Flamethrower
Solarbeam/Focus Blast/Shadow Ball/Psychic
Solarbeam/Focus Blast/Shadow Ball/Psychic
Item Attached:Choise Scarf/Choise Specs/Life Orb/Leftovers
Ability:Turboblaze
EVs:4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
Nature:Modest (+SAtk, -Atk) / Timid (+Spd, -Atk)

Draco Meteor gats STAB and is very strong, but the -2 SAtk is bad, thats why Dragon Pulse is an alternative. Blure Flare gets STAB and is very strong, Fusion Flare combines good with Zekrom, Flamethrower is for hiting the most times. Solarbeam is best to use with Groudon, Focus Blast is for hitting Darkrai, but most notably Dialga that would like to take neutral damage from your STAB moves, Shadow Ball is for psychics and ghosts, Psychic is for coverage.

Item:Choise Scarf for Speed, Choise Specs for Sp Attack, Life Orb for more damage, Leftovers for some recovery.

Natures:Modest for power, Timid for Speed.

Partners:Groudon is a great partner, because it sets up sun which powers up Reshirams STAB Fire attacks and Slolarbeam without charging. Zekrom is good, but not as good as Groudon. It will be there only for powering up your Fusion Flare.:643:+;383;=DANGER!!!

yamifaith

hi, i caught mine ages ago and its calm nature. can anyone help in how to raise it ? :643:

ClefairyRox

Nintendo Fan
Reshiram's stats are very similar to Palkia's, but its unique typing sets it apart.

Turboblaze is just Mold Breaker with a different name. Cool for ignoring Pressure and Levitate.

As with all fire types, Reshiram loves sun. Groudon is an awesome partner for this Dragon. I don't know if Turboblaze ignores Air Lock, but if it does, that's really awesome in the sunlight.

In Doubles and Triples, pairing Reshiram and Zekrom could make for an interesting and explosive combination. Use Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt in succession for massive damage. The only issue is that Earthquake is all too common, so watch for users of that move.

Reshiram also has moves with some of the highest base power in the game. It's signature move, Blue Flare, has a whopping base 130 power and has a surprisingly high 85% accuracy, and no adverse side-effects. It also gets the insanely powerful Draco Meteor, and off a base 150 Sp. Attack, that will put huge dents in almost everything. The possibility of Choice Specs makes it even more terrifying. The Fire-Dragon combo is also resisted only by Heatran, and I have no idea if that guy is used in Ubers.

Reshiram isn't too shabby on the physical side of things, either. It's inferior to Zekrom in that aspect, and it lacks a good physical fire attack, but it gets a solid physical movepool and has a decent base 120 attack (decent in Ubers, that is). As mixed set is also completely viable.

Reshiram is a tad slow in the Uber tier, and it ties speed with Dialga, Groudon, Ho-oh, and other base 90 Ubers. A +Speed nature is pretty much required for all sweeping variants of Reshiram. Choice Scarf and Flame Charge are also options to boost that Speed.

I guess you could run a defensive build for Reshiram, but its only healing move is Rest and it can't get Sleep Talk, so it's a sitting duck unless you have a cleric. Also, Ground and Dragon moves are extremely common in the Uber environment, further lessening the effectiveness of a defensive set.

Last edited:

Haru Glory

Rave Master
SpecialRam

Reshiram @ White Herb
Nature: Modest
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpAtk/252 Spe
- Blue Flare
- Draco Meteor
- Solarbeam
- Shadow Ball

Blue Flare and Draco Meteor as strongest STAB moves, plus White Herb for the Sp. Atk drop.
Solarbeam for awesome power, better used in Sunlight, and also gives coverage for weakness!
Shadow Ball for coverage, hits hard special sweepers, like he could be.

ClawsRam

Reshiram @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
- Hone Claws
- Flame Charge
- Outrage
- Crunch

And the physical side. 120 base Attack works well.
But... a little setup is required.
Hone Claws boosts up Attack and Accuracy, we need only Attack for Flame Charge, just to have +2 Attack, +2 Accuracy and +2 Speed.
Outrage for boss STAB, Crunch for coverage.

Kraleck

Reshi...

Reshiram @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Flame Charge
- Blue Flare / Fusion Flare
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder

Flame Charge Reshiram works pretty well, but I've never played Ubers so I wouldn't know. Flame Charge increases Reshiram's speed, and at +1 it'll at least Speed tie with Scarf Kyogre and the like. Blue Flare hits harder, and can burn, but Fusion Flare doesn't miss. Dragon Pulse hits things that resist your Fire move of choice hard, notably Dragon Types, and Thunder is used for cove- I mean, exclusively for the big blue fish Kyogre. No really, you'll be using Reshiram in the SUN and Thunder + Not Rain = Fail.

Reshiram can't learn Thunder. It would be nice, but Kyogre has that reassurance against Reshiram.

MasterLucario

No life till leather
Turning on the Turbo
Reshiram @ Life Orb
4 HP/ 252 Sp. At /252 Speed Modest/ Timid
Flame Charge
Blue Flare
Dragon Pulse
Focus Blast

Bring in on a weakened pokemon that is weak to fire (ex. Ferrothron, Forrestress). Finish with flame charge, get a speed boost, then destroy the rest of the uber metagame with dragon pulse/ blue flare respectively. Recommended use in Sunny team to get all the power out of flame charge / blue flare.

Swoobat

Please stop mentioning SolarBeam. In the Sun, Groudon is severely damaged by Blue Flare, Reshiram doesn't need SolarBeam to destroy Groudon. Groudon doesn't counter Reshiram. Also remember that SolarBeam has half power in other Weather conditions (Hail, Rain, or Sandstorm) and needs a charge turn. Kyogre can set up Calm Mind easily against Reshiram if it uses SolarBeam. Tyranitar can switch into a predicted SolarBeam and punish Reshiram with a powerful Stone Edge.

In conclusion, SolarBeam may be good in-game, but it doesn't work in the Uber tier. I think it shouldn't be mentioned in the analysis. Not even in Other Options.

Also, Wobbuffet should be mentioned as a partner, as it can beat Choice Scarf users such as Garchomp that outspeed and KO Reshiram.

Last edited:

Skeli789

Pokedex Completer
Hit 'em Hard

Hit 'em Hard

-Blue Flare/Fusion Flare
-Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
-Psychic/Shadow Ball/
-Focus Blast/Solarbeam
Item: Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Nature: Modest, Timid

Hit 'em Hard is meant to be a special sweeper. You can use Blue Flare for a ton of damage , but you can also use Fusion Flare, which does less damage but has 100 accuracy an with stab it's power is 150. Draco Meteor can be used to do a ton of damage but again, it's accuracy is 90 and it lowers your special attack. Dragon Pulse does less damage but doesn't lower you special attack and has 100 accuracy. Psychic and Shadow Ball are for coverage as they take out fighting, ghost, and poison types which might have ground moves. Last Focus Blast and Solarbeam are both powerful moves but Focus Blast has 70 accuracy and Solarbeam has to charge.

Other Options: Flamethrower, Sunny Day, Hyper Voice
Flamethrower: You can use flamethrower if you want more PP than Fusion Flare.
Sunny Day: Sunny Day can be used to keep Solarbeam charged, although it takes up a turn.
Hyper Voice: Hyper Voice can do a considerable amount of damage.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
Wow, at the beginning of a POTW, posts sure flood in.

Well, anyways, back to Overheat and Blue Flare. Okay, I get it, Blue Flare can be better, yeah, but in my personal preference, Overheat's 10 more Base Power makes a big difference. Or, you know, if anything, it's there to OHKO Groudon before they can gt SR up. BUT, whatever works.

I've got little more to say on Reshiraminator. I'll still be hanging around the POTW though :D

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Focus Blast is justifiable if you hate bulky Dialga.

Soperman

The One and Only
This guy is a boss. He has nice typing (why hasn't it been done before?) and great stats overall. He can work in almost any role, and do it well. He has an awesome ability (but it works better with Zekrom). I love this guy.

ScreenRam
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Flamethrower / Dragon Pulse / Hyper Voice / Blue Flare
- Flamethrower / Dragon Pulse / Hyper Voice / Blue Flare
Item: Light Clay
EVs and Natures: Bold (+Def, -Sp. Def)
150 Hp / 204 Def / 204 Sp. Def

I saw this set somewhere, but I can't remember where... Anyway, with Reshiram's nice defenses and Hp, he can set up Light Screen and Reflect, and with the Light Clay it lasts seven turns. After setting up the screens he can switch out without having to worry about being too badly hurt by just about anything. The other attacks are filler.

FACE THE POWER OF THE VAST WHITE POKEMON!
- Calm Mind
- Blue Flare
- Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
- Shadow Ball / Psychic / Solarbeam
Items: Choice Band / Life Orb
EVs and Natures: Modest (+Sp. Att, -Att) / Timid (+Spd, -Att)
4 Hp / 252 Sp. Att / 252 Spd

Reshiram is pretty strong, so why not take advantage of that? Calm Mind boosts Special Defense and Special Attack, and then you can destroy anything with Blue Flare or Draco Meteor. Dragon Pulse is if you don't like losing Special Attack. The last attack is your choice; Shadow Ball has nice base power and takes out Psychic and Ghost; Psychic owns Fighting and Poison types; Solarbeam is strong and takes out Rock and Ground types, which Reshiram is weak against, but takes up a turn. Choice Band speeds you up, and if you choose that choose Modest; Life Orb Powers you up, so if you choose that item choose Timid.

FACE THE WRATH OF THE DEEP BLACK... Oh wait, just Reshiram with good attack.
EVs and Natures: Adamant (+Att, -Sp. Att) / Jolly (+Spd, -Sp. Att)
4 Hp / 252 Att / 252 Spd

I couldn't really find that many attacks, but the point is Reshiram has base 120 attack. That's actually good, so you could potentially use it to surprise people.

Double and Triple Battle Options
Not that many. Potentially Rock Slide, but weakness to that attack and Earthquake makes him really bad for this kind of style.

Partners
Anything that can take out Stealth Rock and bulky Waters. Those crush Reshiram, so take them out.

Countering Reshiram
Bulky Waters like Kyogre, Garchomp could work, Bulky Rocks could work, etc.

Well, anyways, back to Overheat and Blue Flare. Okay, I get it, Blue Flare can be better, yeah, but in my personal preference, Overheat's 10 more Base Power makes a big difference. Or, you know, if anything, it's there to OHKO Groudon before they can gt SR up. BUT, whatever works.

Specs Reshiram Blue Flame vs Smogon support Groudon: 157.7% - 185.6%

vs max/max Groudon: 111.4% - 130.9%

You always OHKO it with Life Orb too. So yeah, bad reference.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Focus Blast is justifiable if you hate bulky Dialga.

Specs Reshiram Blue Flame in sun vs Smogon Bulk Up Dialga: 103.5% - 122%
Specs Focus Blast: 85.1% - 100.5% (also its less accurate!)

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
Well then. Of course I was wrong.

Changing subject from my misjudgement, Rayquaza's a cool partner in Doubles and Trilples as he makes Rain become useless, making Ove- Blue Flare as powerful out of rain as it is in. Groudon's also a cool partner, cause, y'know, Sunlight rocks. And Ho-oh is a cool partner too, as he can hit Physical while Reshiraminator is Special.

Last edited:

Arsène

...Where is a proper mixed set?

Why am I seeing rubbish like Solarbeam, Psychic, Shadow Ball and Hyper Voice in this thread...?

Normally, I give the POTWs a chuckle and move on to what I'm doing, but I wont stand for a second to see my favorite Dragon publicly ruined by the likes of many of these vomit inducing sets. Reshiram is one of few Pokemon that frankly, only needs it's STABS and nothing more. Anything else several posters have mentioned is likely going to get outdamaged in the sunlight, anyway.

Mixed.
Reshiram @Life Orb/Haban Berry
Nature: Hasty/Mild
EVs: 4 Atk/ 252 SpA/ 252 Speed
Blue Flare
Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
Outrage
Flame Charge

Come in on something deathly afraid of Reshiram (Which isn't actually hard to find) and Flame Charge to gain a boost. Proceed to break down any walls giving you a hard time to pave the way for something else more potent to sweep. Getting rid of Kyogre is an obvious must for this set to have maximum potential, but Outrage seems to do that just fine from previous experiences.

Specs.
Reshiram @Choice Specs
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 226 HP/ 252 SpA/ 32 Speed -- Modest speed creep.
or, 4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Speed -- Timid standard.
Blue Flare
Dragon Pulse
Draco Meteor
Flamethrower/ Fusion Flame

HP Rock warrants an optional mention somewhere on this set for any impending Ho-ohs that may make you paranoid. My personal favorite would be Modest, though. I'd prefer not getting outsped; so the given EVs for that nature are to outspeed non-scarfed/speed nature base 90s. Feel free to adjust to your liking, otherwise.

Be reminded at how important TurboBlaze is, being able to bypass Sturdy, Flash Fire and Unaware Quagsire is a tremendous bonus to this guy. Multiscale Lugia (currently unreleased), is pretty much screwed as well.
*Insert more obvious comments and teammates here.*

Last edited:

slaymer

The Cool Guy
Okay, this is going to be my first POTW post, so forgive me if I make any mistakes in this post.

Overview:

Reshiram is devastating in the Ubers. Cool design (Although Zekrom is more popular...), and it can destroy almost anything with it's STAB attacks such as Blue Flare and Draco Meteor. It works GREAT in the sun. The only counter that comes to mind is Heatran because of Flash Fire - WHAAAAAT? Reshiram has Turboblaze (Mold Breaker)? Well then, Heatran can't do very much against Reshiram! Reshiram just has no true counters because of it's sheer power and alright movepool, dual screens, and a great partner with Groudon.

Abilities:

Turboblaze: Reshiram makes great use of this ability by negating all Flash Fire users, Rayquaza, Pressure, Levitate, and other harmful abilities.

The White Flame

- Solarbeam/Hidden Power [Grass]/Hidden Power [Rock]/Flame Charge
- Blue Flare/Overheat/Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse/Dragon Claw
- Focus Blast/Shadow Ball/Calm Mind
Item Attached: Life Orb/White Herb/Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
EVs and Nature:
4 Atk/252 SpAtk/252 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)

This set looks overboard, but that's for flexibility. I recommend using this set on a sun team, but there are other options if you aren't. Solarbeam works fairly well when used with Groudon (or DW Ninetails if you REALLY want to, but we're playing Ubers here...), but gets smashed by weather switch ins (including Kyogre, Tyranitar, and other weather causers that aren't Ninetails or Groudon). Hidden Power [Grass] is an option if you aren't running a sun team or you are afraid of switch ins. Hidden Power [Rock] can beat Ho-oh. Flame Charge speeds Reshiram up and gives it a better chance to sweep, but not recommended with Choice items. Blue Flare has the potential to OHKO everything that isn't a Water, Dragon, Rock, or Fire-type. Overheat is if you want something a tiny bit stronger, but it has the drawback of the lowering of 2 stages of SAtk, and it can't burn.Flamethrower has more PP and reliable accuracy. Draco Meteor can kill off most of Reshiram's weaknesses. Dragon Pulse is an option for no drawbacks and more accuracy. Dragon Claw is an option for Chansey. Focus Blast decimates Tyranitar and other weak Pokemon, while Shadow Ball gives coverage against Ghosts and Psychics. Calm Mind boosts Reshiram's power up, but doesn't work very well with the Choice items. The item is up to you. White Herb can recover from Draco Meteor and Overheat, but Life Orb helps with damage. Choice Specs locks you in the move and powers that move up more than Life Orb. Choice Scarf locks you in that move but increases speed instead.

Double & Triple Battle Options:

Reshiram gets Rock Slide, Fusion Flare, and strong single hitting moves. That's pretty much it for the attacking side of the spectrum. On the support side, Reshiram gets to dual screen, and use support sets. Honestly, the only reason you should run Reshiram in doubles and triples is because of dual screens.

Partners:

Reshiram has high SAtk power, but needs a lot of support to back it up. The most obvious choice: GROUDON. Reshiram runs decently on it's own, but with infinite sun coming in, Reshiram's power and flexibility boosts up to the sky. You also need a spinner to remove Spikes, so Starmie could do the trick. Forretress can do the job as well and resists Dragon. You also might want a cleric to recover from any statuses, because Reshiram can't do it's job well if it gets hit by Thunder Wave. Zekrom actually pairs up with Reshiram quite well and can eliminate Kyogre with a Bolt Strike or a Thunder. You also want to throw in entry hazards to try and ensure the OHKO. Bronzong can resist quite well for Reshiram as well as using dual screens.

Countering Reshiram:

How to counter something that can have high SAtk and Turboblaze...Straight away we can look at Evolite Chansey walling it with statuses, crippling Reshiram unless Reshiram is running a mixed or physical set. Speaking of statuses, Reshiram is prone to status effects. Tornadus and Thundurus have Prankster, which can run ahead and use statuses, crippling Reshiram, but prepare to lose it soon. Weather causers that aren't Drought can switch into Solarbeam, creating an opening if you are fast enough. Kyogre and Politoed have Drizzle, which can lower Reshiram's potential and power. Just try and avoid Draco Meteor and Zekrom switch ins. Tyranitar and Hippowdon can change the weather to Sandstorm, Tyranitar can get the boost of SDef, and both can deal reliable damage using Stone Edge and Earthquake, but Tyranitar is 4x weak to Focus Blast and Hippowdon's SDef is terrible. Abomnasnow is the last weather causer that I haven't mentioned, hail, but unless you're running a hail team...why? Choice Scarf Terrakion can outspeed Reshiram, resist Blue Flare, and can hit hard with a STAB Stone Edge. Be wary of Focus Blast, though. Entry Hazards ruin Reshiram's chances at switching in, as it's weak to Stealth Rock and takes damage from Spikes. Rock-type Arceus can guard against Blue Flare, but still takes hard hits from repeated Dragon attacks and Focus Blasts. Ho-oh resists Blue Flare and can use Recover, while dealing damage to Reshiram with Brave Bird. Watch it for Hidden Power [Rock] though. Palkia can switch in to the Blue Flare and resist Blue Flare to the max, but takes serious damage from Draco Meteor. In conclusion, Reshiram has no true counters, and should always be noted of when creating a team to play in Ubers.

Last edited:

slaymer

The Cool Guy
Why am I seeing rubbish like Solarbeam, Psychic, Shadow Ball and Hyper Voice in this thread...?

Because we like to run these types of sets. Besides, if you're running sun, you should also be running Solarbeam, because of increased power on Fire-type attacks and coverage against Waters. Anyway, your sets are your sets; it's up to you to choose what to run.

multi-scale

Zekrom is a good partner since it can get rid of Kyogre and Chansey, while Reshiram removes Ferrothorn and Groudon, making the combination very difficult to wall. Groudon is an obvious partner. A Rapid Spinner is nice since it lets Reshiram get more switches, as it is vulnerable to all entry hazards. Bronzong resists all of Reshi's weaknesses, and Reshiram gets a free switch when a fire move is used on Bronzong. Paralysis support is nice, since Reshram is pretty slow.
This has probably been said.
This is a pointless post.
Sorry.

Arsène

Because we like to run these types of sets. Besides, if you're running sun, you should also be running Solarbeam, because of increased power on Fire-type attacks and coverage against Waters. Anyway, your sets are your sets; it's up to you to choose what to run.

kyogre game over buddy

slaymer

The Cool Guy
A Groudon switch in or even Reshiram's Draco Meteor can bring Kyogre down Or you can switch in with Zekrom and spam the heck out of Thunder. Let's not argue about this, okay? Each of us has our own opinions.

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
name: Choice Specs
Draco Meteor
Blue Flare
Dragon Pulse
Focus Blast/Flamethrower
item: Choice Specs
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
nature: Timid

i really like this poke puts wholes in opponents team

Status