• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandslaux

I'm wondering if the Jolly + F-Blast argument is over my set..

Then BB over Focus Blast?

asterat

Banned
On my set, replace searing shot with fire nlast

EvanSeven

I think all event legendaries with good moveset options should at least be OU. In Smogon's current (broken) reasoning, Arceus should be OU.

Right, to start of this is just smogon hate, and means little, most people have made valid arguements for victini being in OU. so because a pokemon with loads of weaknesses, entery hazard weaknesses, purisuit weakness and average speed in a fast metagame is UU, we should bring the top Uber pokemon down to OU? Because that makes a lot of sence.
a good moveset and being a legendary doesnt mean a thing when every pokemon can hit victini for some for of supereffective damage. vicitini can only switch in with good prediction, and if your opponent predicts the switch, its probable you will lose victini. this leaves you with having to put victini in to revenge, and this is difficult to, as any pokemon with +1 and above base 100 speed (there are quite a few in OU) will murder you revenge killer. im not a fan of smogon either but they do know their pokemon.

Victini is not even OU,it's UU,smogon's reason is absolutely correct..I don't see what's so wrong in it.It doesn't matter if a Pokemon is a event legendary or it has wide pool,it's usage in metagame and how good it is is what matters.Victini is not that good at all...even in UU it's walled by stuff like Slowbro and Milotic which are not 2hkoed even by Sun boosted V-create.

252 Atk Choice Band Victini Fusion Bolt vs 252 HP/252 Def Slowbro: 46.7% - 55.33%
2-3 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

Fusion bolt will make Vicutini a bit dangerous,but then again those are calcs of a banded vicutini which means you can easily switch into a ground type,while slowbro heals off with regenerator.UU is infested with bulky waters,so you won't be having much problem handling Also bulky intimidate Arcanine also checks it well.

As for the sets,I liked the 2nd post,it covers most of the vicutini's movesets.While Vicutini's stats tempts you to use a defensive set,note that fire is a good offensive type and not defensive,so you are better off with offensive vicu,defensive set isn't worth it...it's movepool just supports this fact

SomeoneIGuess

?Hu Hsilaciryl
Victini is not even OU,it's UU,smogon's reason is absolutely correct..I don't see what's so wrong in it.It doesn't matter if a Pokemon is a event legendary or it has wide pool,it's usage in metagame and how good it is is what matters.Victini is not that good at all...even in UU it's walled by stuff like Slowbro and Milotic which are not 2hkoed even by Sun boosted V-create.

252 Atk Choice Band Victini Fusion Bolt vs 252 HP/252 Def Slowbro: 46.7% - 55.33%
2-3 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

Fusion bolt will make Vicutini a bit dangerous,but then again those are calcs of a banded vicutini which means you can easily switch into a ground type,while slowbro heals off with regenerator.UU is infested with bulky waters,so you won't be having much problem handling Also bulky intimidate Arcanine also checks it well.

As for the sets,I liked the 2nd post,it covers most of the vicutini's movesets.While Vicutini's stats tempts you to use a defensive set,note that fire is a good offensive type and not defensive,so you are better off with offensive vicu,defensive set isn't worth it...it's movepool just supports this fact

Well, V-Create 2HKOs Milotic.
Adamant 252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs Bold 252 HP/ 252 Def Milotic: 63.96% - 75.38%
That's a 2HKO even with Leftovers. And an OHKO with 3 Layers of Spikes + Stealth Rock.

Slowbro, on the other hand, is 2-3HKOed because of Leftovers.
Adamant 252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs 252 HP/252 Def Slowbro: 51.78% - 60.91%
Throw in Stealth Rock and Slowbro goes down.

Finally, Adamant 252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create (-1 Attack) vs Impish 252 HP / 252 Def Arcanine: 43.49% - 51.3%
Stealth Rock go boom!
Also, by having that EV spread, Arcanine's offensive capabilities are zilch. I know that you're not suggesting Impish 252 HP / 252 Def, but any less and Arcanine's going to be 2HKOed before it does anything.

Fusion Bolt: 100 Base Power x Super Effective = 200 Base Power
V-Create: 180 Base Power x STAB x Sun Boost x Not Very Effective = 202 Base Power (Rounded Down)

Last edited:
So basically sun boosted V-create has the same power as fusionbolt+it doesn't need weather support.Vicutini may actually be moved to BL once fusionbolt is released,sun is banned in UU making me ignore the fact that anything is 2hkoed bar slowbro.I am sorry but yeah Fusion bolt Vicutini is a bit broken for UU,as it doesn't have any proper checks.If that's true smogon will ban it:p.

SomeoneIGuess

?Hu Hsilaciryl
So basically sun boosted V-create has the same power as fusionbolt+it doesn't need weather support.Vicutini may actually be moved to BL once fusionbolt is released,sun is banned in UU making me ignore the fact that anything is 2hkoed bar slowbro.I am sorry but yeah Fusion bolt Vicutini is a bit broken for UU,as it doesn't have any proper checks.If that's true smogon will ban it:p.

From what I remember, Fusion Bolt IS released. I doubt it's Broken though, since there's always Flash Fire.

I said it's a bit too much for UU,..it's clearly not broken in OU..there aren't any good flash fire users in uu.Although pursuit Houndoom can come in on a choiced Fire move an pursuit the hell out of it.It's a shaky check considering how frail it is.Arcanine can have flashfire but Intimidate is preferred .

EvanSeven

There's always prediction though, Victini will generaly use Fusion bolt or V-create when you switch, flash fire houndoom Beats it when it v-creates, and flygon can switch in on a fusion bolt. while they may be shacky, with some good prediction you can play around it.
Fusion bolt is released in japan i think
By the way i meant uu in the above post i just mistyped :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.