• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had some success with this set on pokémon online:

Clefable @Toxic Orb/Leftovers/Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Relaxed
EV's: 252 HP, 140 Def, 116 Sp.D
- Cosmic Power
- Belly Drum/Stored Power
- Double-Edge/Meteor Mash
- Softboiled/Moonlight

- This set is basically set up as much as possible, moonlight is slashed as it may be difficult to obtain softboiled (3rd gen move tutor).
- Meteor Mash is there for coverage over ghost-dark types that would completely wall this set with immunities (it also has the 10% chance of raising your attack), if it had Stored Power and Double-Edge. However Double Edge does provide much more power, 180(+STAB) instead of 100.
- If you are running belly drum however Meteor Mash is the best option for the attacking move slot, as it faces no immunities (just shaky accuracy).
- Toxic Orb is to stop any of the more annoying status problems to Clefable, sleep and paralysis mainly, with Magic Guard obviously stopping any damage from the poison.
- Leftovers is slashed to make it more bulky, and Life Orb provides a bit more power.
- The nature and EV spread is just to make it as bulky as possible on both sides.
- This set, like any other belly drumming set, can be really helped by team-mates with Memento, or others that can force switches, take out counters, etc.
- On the note of counters, users of Taunt, Phazers, Encore, and of course Trick can all stop this set (and others similarly based on non-attacking moves) before it’s had a chance to set up.

Last edited:

SazandoraMASTER

♥ PSG ♥
Geeeez when I first saw Clefable in competitive play, I was like,"WHY THE F*** DO YOU WANT TO USE THING THING".

After the match, I was like:
FUUUUUUUUU_The_World_by_FattyMcFatters.jpg

Anyways...

th_Clefable.gif

StallFable
-Wish / Softboiled
-Toxic / Heal Bell
-Protect / Encore
-Seismic Toss
Item Attached: Leftovers
EV's and Nature:
EV's: 252 HP / 44 Def /212 SpD
Careful Nature (+SpD, -SpA)
If you've never encountered a Clefable in competitive battling, don't make fun of it or your *** will get handed to you. Wish and Softboiled are your options in recovery. Wish to pass the recovery to another team member or Softboiled to recover yourself. Toxic to do some damage or Heal Bell to heal team members. Protect to stall poison damage or Encore to take advantage of setting up. Seismic Toss to deal fixed damage.

Well...probably all I got ._.

10speed12

Okay, clefable;036;, I don't use one but this is what I would do:
Modest nature
Item: life orb
Ability:Magic Guard
252 Sp attack/252 speed/4 hp
Attacks:
stored power
work up/cosmic power
charge beam/hidden power flying
metronome
Use the stat booster to get the stats up, then use what you want. Charge beam can further boost stats, hidden power to get rid of fighting types, and metronome can do ANYTHING so it can, emphasis on can, be worth the risk.

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan
I guess I'll talk about OTHER moves...

Lucky Chant: If you're really paranoid about hax, I guess...
Sing: Sleep, but I feel like there's other, better, moves.

Double Battle: If you wanted to, you could use After You on a slow partner and speed it up. You MIGHT get lucky with Metronome and use something like Earthquake. Or, you might end up using Explosion.

I've never considered Clefable as a competitive Pokemon. Since most of the moves Clefable uses can be used by Clefairy, couldn't Clefairy with Evolite be a viable option in a lower tier?

Kheytoo

if my mental calcs are correct, evolite clefairy would be able to reach about 40 more defense on either side(not both), would have to sacrifice about 50 hp, and would lose lefties. you would also have to stick with toxic and seismic toss to damage. clefable is NU last time i checked so clefairy should only really be used in LC and NFE, and even then there are better choices.

Last edited:

Regiultima

Rises with Magnetism
Clefable @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Nature: Adamant
- Double-Edge
- Drain Punch
- Fire Punch
- Softboiled

This set is unexpected and is quite useful (plus it beats Eviolite Chansey as long as Clefable doesn't run out of PP). Double-Edge gains massive power with a Life Orb and STAB plus there's no recoil for the move or the Life Orb thanks to Magic Guard. Drain Punch is mainly for healing and some coverage. Fire Punch is for extra coverage. Softboiled is a healing move that is quite useful. The only problem with this set is that it is walled by Chandelure, expecially a Shadow Tag one (when it gets released).

Last edited:
The Blissey of UU
Clefable @Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 Def
Nature: Calm
-Wish
-Aromatherapy / Protect / Toxic / Encore
-Aromatherapy / Protect / Toxic / Encore
-Flamethrower / Ice Beam / Thunderbolt

This set is for support in UU, Clefable has good HP and Special Defense and with Wish and Aromatherapy can do the same thing as Blissey. Great Special Wall, can stall with Toxic, and has access to the 3 elements beams.

Vandslaux

It has an awesome ability, awesome support movepool, bad offensive stats... But at least it's better than Audino.

Clefable @Leftovers/Flame Orb
Bold
Magic Guard
252 HP/252 Def/4 Sdef
Calm Mind
Stored Power
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam

Bulky CM offensive set. Stored Power for abusing the boosts, and BoltBeam. Oh and I had very bad experiences with my Munchlax with Metronone in Platinum. (Gym battle with Fantina took like 30 turns because it kept using things that didn't do damage to Mismagius)

Last edited:

Meowmeow

selfproclaimed guru
Ah, Clefable. Clefable is one of my favorites. It's cute, pink, and surprisingly solid. Love it. Just stay with Magic Guard. Always.

Facable
EVs: 252 Atk, 126 Def and Sp. Def, 4 HP
@: Toxic Orb

Facade
Fire Punch
Meteor Mash
Protect/Work Up

Clefable has nice synergy with Facade thanks to Magic Guard. Being immune to poison damage makes pulling a power attack nice since you don't have to worry about residual damage. Fire Punch and Meteor Mash hit what resists Facade. Now, you can use Protect to avoid being burned (its attack still drops for those who don't know) or paralyzed or something and guarantees immunity to status afterward. Work Up gives a stat boosting option.

Fairy Wall
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP, 126 Sp. Def, 132 Sp. Def
@: Light Clay

Reflect
Light Screen
Cosmic Power/Moonlight/Softboiled
Thunder Wave/Toxic/Aromatherapy/Heal Bell/Seismic Toss

Before I go on, Softboiled and Aromatherapy is impossible, which is why I put Heal Bell and Moonlight as options.
This is similar to a Chansey or Blissey in some ways. Cosmic Power makes Clefable very difficult to kill. Moonlight/Softboiled does the same thing in a different way. Beyond that, throw status, be a cleric, or do some attacking.

Angel of Death
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk, 120 Def and Sp. Def, 16 HP
@: Life Orb

Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower/Fire Blast
Calm Mind/Shadow Ball/Grass Knot

A basic Special Attacker. Very simple, but not the best route for Clefable because it is a pretty light attacker. Even so, Clefable can still get the job done, sort of. The last slot is a stat booster or another attack move.

I will not be listing other options like I usually do because Clefable can use almost anything to decent results or better. Besides, I still want to see what other things Clefable can do. Here comes one lengthy POtW. If only Clefable got either Tri-Attack like it did back in 1st gen or Hyper Voice. Oh well.

No. 1 Machop Fan

Clefable is one of the best Follow Me walls in the game. Any good sets for them? I'm thinking:

Clefable @ Leftovers
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252HP/152Def/104Sp.D
- Follow Me
- Moonlight
- Aromatherapy
- Return

Kraleck

;036; is really weird... It's like Game Freak said, "Let's give this guy the best abilities and as many moves as we can!" and then forgot to give him good stats. Regardless, with those moves and abilities, he can get plenty done.

That statement allows us to look closer at Clefable for positives and negatives.

Abilities:
-Cute Charm - Suicidally useless, short of blocking Trace, Skill Swap, or Role Play (but what are the odds of that)...
-Magic Guard - Awesome against an annoyer's rampage, but useless against an offensive onslaught...
-Unaware - Great if you use offense, but Clefable, sadly, has little of that, stat-wise...

The STAB you get is useless on Steel, Rock, and Ghost. To have STAB and counter Rock and Steel, you'll need Grass and Fire (way too wall-able).

Move Options:
-Charge Beam, Stored Power, and Ice Beam - Stored Power takes a while, but gives a pseudo-BoltBeam...
-Special STAB comes in 4 varieties of useless - Snore (Tutor & Transfer), Round, and Echoed Voice are all blocked by Soundproof and Hyper Beam gives the opponent a free shot. Physical STAB is powered by a much lower Attack, but most carry added effects or is called...
-Facade - Combine Magic Guard with Toxic/Flame Orb and use this for 210 Base Power after STAB.
-Stealth Rock - Wonderful, but not available with Unaware (though it's not like you'd combine the two anyway)...
-Water Pulse - A great alternative to Grass Moves, but not available to 5th Gen 'fable...
-Hidden Power - Hard to pinpoint properly outside of metagames and hacks, but a great way to get Types otherwise unavailable to Special Clefable sets...

The Intersect

Moveset Master
Hmm. i have a set i guess could work for a physical set(although choices are limited for this) and i have a special set too that can be used to support weather teams in some cases. For both sets use magic guard

I'll hit you with my best shot
Nature Jolly/Adamant
Item Life Orb/Choice Band/Toxic orb
Ev's 252 attack 244 speed 18 HP
Drain Punch/Brick break
Facade/Return
Attract/Thunder wave/Swagger(Orb'ds)Band= Dig/Bounce
Ice punch/Thunder Punch/Meteor Mash

Drain punch provides healing and damage as well as coverage
Facade and return are stab options facade gets boost if you run toxic orb and you dont take the damage due to magic guard
Next slot provides status options or on a banded set more attack options
final slot gives 4th gen options as well as meteor mash seeing as to gen drain punck you need 4th gen anyway hence why brick break is an alternate option for drain punch

I'll Settle for special
Nature Timid/Modest
Item Choice Specs/Life Orb
EV's 252 sp attack 244 speed 18 hp
Ice Beam/Blizzard
Thunderbolt/Thunder
Grass Knot/Fire Blast/Psychic/Shadow Ball
Attract/Thunder wave/Swagger(Orb'd)Specs= Focus Blast/Magical leaf

Ice beam/blizzard and thunder/thunderbolt give bolt beam combo and are great support in hail and rain
grass knot for bulky waters or fire blast in sun others are just options that add a little more coverage
the last slot is Status effects if you and Orb'd and desperate or if you run specs more sp attack options

Last edited:

ClefairyRox

Nintendo Fan
Omisgosh, the evolved form of my favorite Pokemon! Though not as cute as Clefairy, Clefable does have a lot going for it. Decent defenses (including great HP), decent offenses, a fantastic movepool, and some fantastic abilities give it a lot of positives.

The Clefairy family is notable for being the only Normal type Pokemon with Magic Guard. This is awesome for defensive variants, as it means they can't be stopped by Toxic, which is a popular move to use on defensive Pokemon. It also gets a couple of good recovery moves. Moonlight is the only one it can get through level up (though it must stay a Clefairy and learn it before evolving), but poor PP and reduced effectiveness in Sandstorm make it less reliable. There's Softboiled (through 3rd-gen move tutor), but that's incompatible with Magic Guard and Clefable's new Hidden Ability, Unaware. Finally, there's Wish, which can work with protect to stall as fill in as reliable recovery. Thanks to its high HP, Clefable makes a decent Wish passer.

On the offensive, side, Clefable has a number of options. It gets the famous BoltBeam combo and a number of useful boosting moves, like Calm Mind. You can even run a physical set with Belly Drum if you really wanted to.

Supportively, Clefable's possibilites are nearly endless. From Thunder Wave to Stealth Rock, Helping Hand to Aromatherapy, and the ability to set up duel Screens, Clefable has tons of support options.

Pre-evo corner: I'm so happy that I get to write a strategy for Clefairy! I could just... cry! *sniff* Anyways, with Eviolite, Clefairy has better defenses than Clefable, so it can take more hits. You still have to watch out for fighting attacks, which are the bane of normal types. However, it can't have Unaware since its Hidden Ability is Friend Guard. Therefore, all single-Battle Clefairy should be running Magic Guard or Cute Charm. Since Clefairy doesn't have as much offensive power as Clefable, its main source of dealing damage will be Toxic (and/or Seismic Toss, if you're using a 3rd gen Clefairy) The other moveslots can be stuffed with healing and supportive moves.

I love Cleffa, but I don't really recommend it for Little Cup. It's movepool is much, much shallower than its evolutions, making it harder to come up with sets.

My own Clefable moveset is like this:

Calm Nature (+Sp. Defense, -Attack)
252 HP, 100 Def, 158 Sp. Attack
Item: Leftovers

Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Calm Mind
Moonlight

A rip-off of my Blissey Lily's moveset, but it works. Use Calm Mind to boost both offensive and defensive power. Moonlight keeps you healthy, and BoltBeam gets lots of coverage. You could also run Focus Blast and Shadow Ball for perfect coverage, but Focus Blast's poor PP and accuracy make it unfavorable.

Last edited:

Swoobat

Clefable@Focus Sash (Lv 2)
Magic Guard
Endeavor
Thunder Wave
Protect
Encore

This Clefable is fantastic, thanks to Magic Guard. Magic Guard makes Clefable immune to Weather, Poison, Burn and Entry Hazards damage. Clefable switches after a KO, survives a hit thanks to Focus Sash and uses Endeavor. Then the Weather or a priority user finish off the opposing Pokémon. The set needs Hail or Sandstorm to work perfectly.

Last edited:
Completely outclassed by Lickilicky if you ask me...

Abilities

Cute Charm: 30% chance of inflicting infatuation when attacked directly. Completely overshadowed by Magic Guard.
Magic Guard: Prevents all damage except from direct attacks. Very usefull, especially for a wall. No Toxic, No Leech Seed, yeah.
Unaware: Ignores opponent's stat changes. Also a great ability, because you can't be defensively set up on.

ChoiceFable

~Echoed Voice
~Fire Blast/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Focus Blast/Grass Knot/Shadow Ball
Ability: Magic Guard/Unaware
Nature: Modest(+Sp. Attack, -Attack), Timid(+Speed, -Attack)
252 Sp. Attack/252 HP or 252 Speed/4 Speed or HP
Item: Choice Specs/Choice Scarf

My god. Clefable gets like... every useful special move. Echoed Voice is STAB and gets more powerfull every turn its used consecutively. Usefull, considering you won't be changing moves. The next three are a toss up. Fire Blast takes out Steels. Thunderbolt and Ice Beam make the infamous BoltBeam combo. Focus Blast takes out Rocks and Steels, but its very inacurate. Grass Knot takes out Rocks and is more accurate then Focus Blast. Shadow Ball takes out Ghosts.

Last edited:

Gallo

The Salamance Master
Nature: Sassy
Item: Leftovers
Moves: Hidden Power (Flying/Pshychic)
Metronome
Psychic
Hyper Beam
Leftovers to increase already good HP, when down. Metronome pulls out any move wether it's the worst or best. Hidden Power & Psychic to get rid of the mean Fighting types, and Hyper Beam to do some big damage. With Magic Guard, Clefable doesn't take damage from weather or burned.

Kheytoo

An idea i just had, it could use Unaware to come in on stat boosters.

Anti Statbooster@leftovers
Bold
252hp/252def/4sp.def
Unaware

Thunderwave
Substitute
Moonlight(softboiled is illegal iirc)
thunderbolt/icebeam

Thunderwave allows you to slow down things like DD gyara and Lati@s. Substitute allows you to protect yourself from toxic, because you wont have magic guard. Moonlight is for healing, but be weary of the limited PP, and thunderbolt will kill said gyarados, and icebeam for dragons etc.

Cruelty

Well,I found this set while playing on Pokemon Online,so here it is.
th_Clefable.gif

Set :physical
Item: Toxic Orb
Nature:Adamant
Evs: 252 HP/ 176 Att / 80 Def

Moveset
Move 1: Belly Drum
Move 2: Softboiled/Cosmic Power
Move 3: Double Edge
Move 4: Fire Punch

This set takes many by suprise,many people expect a stall war,a stored power set,or a wish protect set.
If you can pull it off without being taunted,Belly Drum will give you an Attack stat of 968 to play around with,which is enough to smash through your opponent's team.
If you decide the run both Cosmic Power and Belly Drum,you get 808 Defence and 864 Sp.Def,provided you get up all 6 boosts.
Magic Guard+Toxic Orb prevents you from getting burnt,and when coupled with a recoil-less Double Edge will do massive damage to anything that's not a Steel or Ghost type.
Fire Punch is in there to murder any steels wanting to wall you.It also gives coverage against Ghosts,and as Chandelure is OU,there should't be anything to stop you.It absolutely wrecks Tangrowth,as well as giving you perfect coverage,as you hit everything for at least neutral damage.

I'd recommend Softboiled over Cosmic Power,but that's just me.

Last edited:

epicgarchomp24

The Garchomp Master
OH NOES. the annoying special wall which almost always has Wish/Protect. Well im here to make a set that does not involve that combination. (Toxic is still good and useful as always).

Title: Clefable the Physical Attacker.
With base 70 attack Clefable is not any offensive material. However with a Life Orb there is the potential of suprise and all out wreckage.
Item: Life Orb
-Retaliate/Giga Impact
-Belly Drum
-Moonlight/Drain Punch
-Meteor Mash/Fire Punch/Ice Punch/Thunderpunch/Brick Break/Zen Headbutt

Here Belly Drum is the only move which can maximize your attack to +6. Since Clefable has a base HP of 95 you can use this quite effectivly on switches or while your opponent sets up. Then Moonlight and Drain Punch are your healing options. +6 Drain Punch doesnt get stab but will still hurt with Life Orb. Moonlight guarentees a 50% recovery without weather changes. Retaliate and Giga Impact are your STAB moves with Giga Impact havng more power but a cooldown of a turn. Meteor Mash provides coverage and if you dont set up Belly Drum you can get an attack boost. The elemental punches are nice. Fire punch takes care of Ferrothorn, Scizor and friends while Thunderpunch can hit bulky waters nicely. Ice punch hits any Dragons such as Garchomp hard. Brick Break is a reliable move which destroys Tyrannitar and breaks through screens forcng your opponent to keep screens down or risk their dual screener by sending them back in where stealth rocks can take effect. Zen Headbutt can flinch and covers against your only weakness.

TimmahX

Well, I'm rather late on this one, but I might as well try to throw something out there.

Heavy Lyrics
Nature and EVs: Modest | 252 SpAtk, 252 HP, 4 Spd
Hold Item: Leftovers / Wide Lens
- Gravity
- Sing
- Fire Blast / Focus Blast / Blizzard / Thunder
- Fire Blast / Focus Blast / Blizzard / Thunder

Gravity is a great utility move for many teams, especially because of it's -2 Evasion for everything in play feature. Clefable in itself abuses this perfectly. Sing gives Clefable a much more accurate Sleep inducing move with Gravity in effect.

For offense, you want Clefable to be able to shrug off numerous threats and it can't handle them all, so you'll have to pick your poison depending on what the rest of your team is going to contend with. Fire Blast takes out Steel and Grass types with ease, and is your most accurate option. Focus Blast handles a few Steel types, as well as Dark, Fighting and Normal types, which Clefable wouldn't be able to take out otherwise. Blizzard gives Cefable an option in higher tiers to take out Dragons and some more Grass types. Thunder serves to take out bulky Water types that would otherwise wall you silly. For hold items, Leftovers presents a nice way to keep Clefable around for a while. However Wide Lens boosts your accuracy even higher, making those still slightly inaccurate moves more viable.

Status
Not open for further replies.