• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #35

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shedinjask

Currently Invincible
Anti-Lead
Ludicolo @ Lum Berry
Timid Nature (+Spd, - Atk)
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Ability: Swift Swim
- Fake Out
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting] / Hidden Power [Ground]
- Hydro Pump / Surf

I figured it hasn't been put up yet. I've used him a few times, and he handles a majority of leads pretty well. He easily handles anything with a sash with Fake Out, and with Energy Ball, murders Swampert. Hidden Power Fighting handles Darkrai leads (If he's still OU) and kills Tyranitar. He also handles the rare Gigalith and Sturdy leads, but Forry may be a problem. Hydro Pump is reccomended to hit Forry harder, but use Surf if you don't fear him. He also stops Droughtails if you opt for Ground over Fighting, making him a very effective anti-weather lead.

Last edited:

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
@The Intersect: I'll be sure to nickname my next one that too, Aha :D

Yeah then. Colo's POTW Closure is tomorrow, soo... I'll post a crap set!

The most worthless dance 'Colo ever
Ability: Swift Swim
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SAtk, 4 Def
-Giga Drain
-Teeter Dance
-Scald
-Substitute

THIS is the crappiest set I could thnk of while scratching the opposing team. Disclaimer; Never use this unless you want to lose. Go for Teeter Dance on a Grass-Type switch-in(Which is usual) and go for a Sub, unscathed. You could probably run this set on one of the anti-rain Politoed feign-idge teams; I've seen one that's quite good. Anyways, Giga Drain and Scald are STABs, Scald with that Haxxy Burn chance. In the rain, go crazy.

It's hard to make an unusable set with Ludicolo :/ (Obviously this one would have troubles, but meh.) With no investment in Speed, under rain, he still caps out at 352; meaning he still outspeeds the likes of 252 Spd +Nature Base 110s by two points.

@Shedinjask: That looks like it may work, actually o.o Oh, but change the added four EVs to HP, Defence or Special Defense; -Nature 4 EV makes it redundant.

Shedinjask

Currently Invincible
I leik losing. So I will use that set.

Thanks for the positive rate on my set. The name for that other set matches it perfectly.

I also like how it stops weather leads. I made a small edit too, go have a look.

Meowmeow

selfproclaimed guru
I just remembered Drizzle-Swim is banned.

Nature: Modest|Adamant
EVs: 252 attack OR sp attack, 252 hp, 4 speed
Ability: swift swim
@: Damp Rock/Leftovers

Rain Dance
Surf|Waterfall
Energy Ball/Grass Knot|Seed Bomb
Ice Beam/Focus Blast|Return/Ice Punch

Ludicolo can effectively put the rain in manually. It is not too detrimental to what else this... thing... does, but can still end up being inefficient.

A good partner would be a Prankster with Rain Dance like Murkrow, Thunderus, or Tornadus, with the latter two being the better options.

NAMBIRI

Ludicolo

I have been using this thing for a while and it works pretty good in rain and against Ferrothorn.

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Def / 104 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Scald
- Seismic Toss
- Protect

Err Seismic Toss is from 3rd Gen for those who does not know and is it a move Tutor.
Since Ferrothorn is a fearsome wall and not many can stand a chance against it in Rainy weather or sometimes in general..... I guess you should use this one since it is immuned to Leech Seed and gets Recovery from both Leftovers and Rain Dish.

The main objective for this is to wear and tear the opponent with all 4 moves (3 if they are grass type or fire since Scald cant burn fire and Leech Seed will not effect grass type) The EV spread is just to keep it balanced since I like things balanced. I say this thing does its job pretty good with absorbing and wearing down opponent down using all 4 of it the moves.

Magic Guard is the only thing which will slow things down for you since they are unaffected by status condition and plus Magic Mirror against Leech Seed. You don't see Many flying moves used in competitive battles... So that will secure you a bit. Bug type moves are one of the things which you need to watch out for since they can really do a lot if you are not careful like U-Turn users or X-Scissor even thought it will not OHKO it. Still a bit of a problem.

DrizzleToad is the most effective partner to use with. You can also use Pokemon that Resist Bug type moves and flying to handle it. Heal Bell/Aromatherapy user just in case they are trying to wear you down with Toxic.

Lombre can use same set with Eviolite (however you spell it) to do the same thing. Lotad.... I have no idea

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Sweeper set I use on my Uber team. Also works well in OU if you hate rain teams.

Ludicolo@Life Orb
Timid/Modest, Swift Swim
252SA/252Speed/4HP
- Giga Drain
- Hydro Pump/Surf/Scald
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Giga Drain is fun with a LO since you can often get a big chunk of HP back. Most importantly, it screws Kyogre/Politoed. With SS you will beat a lot of rain team staples, including Thundurus, Rotom-W, and Water/Grounds. Your usual Water STAB attack. Also got Ice Beam to take care of Dragons, Kami trio, and Zapdos. Focus Blast to take doen Ferrothorn and Steels.

Status
Not open for further replies.