• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #36 - Special #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotomknight

THE GREATEST TRAINER
eevee?!

EEvee@eviolite
adaptability
toxic
curse
wish
return

stallaholic. okay eevee stats are horrible but with eviolite and curse it can become prety bulky.

say huh?
EEVEE@ flying gem

when theifed or knocked off this causes confosion
just throw on any bunch of attacking moves.

ClefairyRox

Nintendo Fan
Jolteon is not only the fastest Eeveelution, it's also one of the fastest Pokemon, period. Tying Speed with Aerodactyl and Mewtwo, there's not much that can outrun it. Oh, wait... It gets Agility and Quick Feet? Scratch that, then, there's nothing that can outrun it without a speed boost of their own.

Yes, Jolteon's new Hidden Ability is Quick Feet, which doubles Speed if it is afflicted with a status condition. And contrary to what it says on the site, it seems to me that Quick Feet IGNORES the Speed-quartering effect of paralysis. I've paralyzed Ursaring with Quick Feet and then they outrun me. But getting back on topic...

Jolteon is the fastest Pokemon with Quick Feet. After the boost, it's speed reaches a maximum of 788. That's insane. Other Pokemon will have to use SEVERAL Speed boosting moves to even approach that. That makes Jolteon a fantastic revenge killer, especially against the ever-common Scarfed Pokemon. The issue is that it is vulnerable to all priority moves except Bullet Punch, and it's frail enough to be destroyed by them.

Even if you don't run Quick Feet, Jolteon is still a speed demon, outrunning almost every Pokemon without a Speed boost or Scarf. Volt Absorb is a great trait too, healing up to a quarter of its max HP when hit by any Electric move, including the ever-common Thunder Wave. It gives Jolteon a safe switch in, which is good because of its frailty.

Every Jolteon will be packing Thunderbolt (or Thunder on a Rain team). It is then combined with either HP Ice or HP Grass for Ground types. Thunderbolt and HP Ice make a psuedo Bolt-Beam combo, so that is seen more often. Jolteon also frequently Baton Passes because it is so fast. Usually it passes Substitutes, but it makes a pretty decent Agility passer as well. Volt Switch is another common Jolteon move, in order to deal damage and switch to a counter.

Countering Jolteon: Earthquake. Any Jolteon without an Air Balloon, Shuca Berry, or Focus Sash dies to Earthquake. It is just that frail. Not that Jolteon loves to Volt Switch, but a Ground type can stop that cold. Watch for HP Ice/Grass, though. Jolteon can be revenge killed by some of the faster Scarfed Pokemon, like the Lati twins, Mienshao, Hydreigon, and Haxorus.

A Jolteon with a Toxic or Flame Orb should alert you to Quick Feet. In that case, no Scarfed Pokemon (not even Speed Forme Deoxys) can outrun it. Your best bet is a priority move, as they are mostly physical and can take huge chunks out of Jolteon if not outright destroy it.

Oh, and I completely forgot about Trick Room. Trick Room RUINS Jolteon. Take away its Speed, and its not nearly as frightening.

Last edited:

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
Hey, eeveelutions! Heh.
Anyway, here's a set for Espeon:

Baton Pass
;196;Espeon@Leftovers
Timid
EVs: 252 Hp, 252 Spd, 4 Def

-Calm Mind
-Baton Pass
-Wish
-Stored Power/Psychic/Yawn
Baton Pass Espeon. Magic Mirror means Espeon is immune to taunt and status, which is helpful for a baton pass set. Uses Calm Mind to set up big Sp. Atk boosts, then passes them to a sweeper with Baton Pass. Wish for wish support, and Stored Power or Psychic as an attacking option, with Yawn as an extra support option, and to force switches.

Creeper

om nom nom
Baton Passer? Blasphemous.
Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration/Water Absorb
EV: 252 HP/ 252 Sp.Def/ 4 Def
Nature: Bold
Scald/Shadow Ball
Aqua Ring/Subsitute/Rest
Acid Armor
Baton Pass

A standard Baton Pass Vaporeon. Acid Armor is the main pass, and you can use Rest if it is being used on a rain team, due to Hydration. If not, you can use Subsitute or Aqua Ring. Avoid Taunt at all costs; Jellicent hard walls this thing. Shadow Ball can be used to do at least DAMAGE to Jellicent.

Last edited:

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
I use this set for rain team Vaporeon:

134.png

Vaporeon @Leftovers
Hydration
Calm
252Hp, 208Sp.Def, 48Def
-Scald
-Acid Armor/Toxic
-Roar
-Rest
When used correctly, this Vaporeon is nearly impossible to kill. Scald
prevents Vaporeon from being taunt-bait, and the attacking type of
water coupled with burn and poison can out-stall anything. Acid Armor
boosts my defense, while Toxic gets good synergy with Scald. Roar
shuffles my opponents, which is handy if I have hazards up, or if my
opponent has a powered-up sweeper or wall on the field. Rest is obvious
because it fully heals me, and Hydration heals my status conditions in rain.

Defensive Ev's can be changed, as they are a matter of preference.

MasterLucario

No life till leather
134.gif
@ Leftovers Water Absorb
Bold nature 200 HP/ 252 Def /52 Sp. def
-Wish
-Protect
-Surf/ Scald
-Ice Beam / Toxic / Heal Bell
The amazing water wall from 4th gen is back in 5th gen. As strong as violable as ever! Walls Heatrans for days, unless of course specs HP Grass is added... Wish/protect for wish support on him and your team (Your team gets about 220 HP back), Surf if you want more damage, scald if you want burn, pick your poison, err burn... Ice Beam/ Toxic/ Heal Bell/ Roar Are all good last moves. Ice Beam hits grasses that wall you, Toxic works great with Wish/protect, Heal Bell if you wanna use Vaporeon as a cleric, and Roar as a phazer.

135.gif
@Life Orb/ Choice Specs Volt Absorb
Timid 4 HP/ 252 Sp attack /252 Speed
-Thunderbolt
-HP Ice
-Shadow Ball
-Charge Beam/ Volt Switch
While slowly getting outclassed by the likes of Raikou and Galvantula, Jolteon has one more ace up his sleeve: Speed. With it's massive 130 base speed, not much is gonna be outspeeding Jolteon. Thunderbolt, HP Ice, Shadow Ball for damage and coverage. Volt Switch/ Charge Beam depending on item. If you're using LO, then Charge Beam is better, giving you some set up ability. But on a Specs set, I'd recommend Volt Switch.
DW: Quick Feet. Not really good on Jolteon, with its incredulous speed, but if you want to outspeed scarfers, be my guest.

136.gif
@ Toxic Orb Guts
Adamant 4 HP/ 252 Attack/ 252 Speed
-Flame Charge
-Fire Fang
-Facade
-Dig

Odd, but if used correctly, might just work. Get the Guts boost from Toxic Orb, then a speed boost from Flame Charge and you could do some serious damage. Facade makes use of your status, but without STAB it won't be doing too much. Dig allows you to hit the rocks that wall you. This set would be a lot better if Flareon could legally have both Guts and Superpower... Guess we'll have to make due.

196.gif
@ Leftovers Magic Bounce
Timid 4 HP/ 252 Sp. Attack/ 252 Speed
-Calm Mind
-Psychic/ Psyshock
-Shadow Ball
-HP Fighting

Standard offensive set. Pick your STAB then round it off with the other moves. Magic Bounce helps stop it from being toxiced to death.

Espeon @ Light Clay Magic Bounce
Timid Nature 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Sp Def.
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Psyshock
-Morning Sun
Nice dual screen set. Come in on a SR, rebound it back, then get up a reflect/ light screen based on your genius prediction of their switch!

Last edited:

ClefairyRox

Nintendo Fan
Flareon has been a UU ever since...it was made. It has a great base 130 attack, but virtually no physical movepool to speak of. In particular, its best physical Fire attack is Fire Fang. Not only that, its slow and physically frail (it has the same defenses as Jolteon). Its Special Attack is decent, and its special movepool is better, but in that category it is far outclassed by other special attacking fire types. It was basically a bottom-of-the-barrel Pokemon, sad to say...

But 5th gen gave Flareon a niche in the form of Guts (so I gave it the name Gutseon). It's the only Fire type that gets this ability, hence the niche. Its movepool still sucks, but Guts gives it more viability. A Facade behind the boost from Guts and that base 130 Attack will be doling out a lot of hurt to any Pokemon who don't resist it. The speed issue has also been resolved with Flame Charge. It has to use it at least twice to get enough speed in order to present a threat, but once that's been settled, watch out! My team got killed by a Flame Charge Gutseon once...

Game freak sadly has still not given Flareon anything better than Fire Fang as a physical Fire attack, so you'll be seeing that a lot. There still are some 4th gen Flareon as well, since Superpower from 4th gen move tutors was a very welcome addition to Flareon's movepool.

Countering Flareon: Earthquake. As I said before, Flareon has the same defenses as Jolteon. Any physical attacks will be hurting it a lot. If you see a Toxic Orb, that's the red flag for Guts. Kill it FAST.
Oh yeah, and unless it has Superpower, Flareon simply cannot touch Heatran. Just thought I'd throw that out.

Espeon Overview

Espeon got itself one of the best new abilities this gen, which is great because it gives it a niche to use over stronger psychics. It still has a somewhat limited movepool, and with Dark type being so widespread this gen it wont see as much usage as Vaporeon, but its definitely a mon that can hold its own on any team.

Abilities:

Synchronize - an ok ability I guess, allows you to inflict the any status Espeon gains (posioned, paralyze, burn, freeze, stupid, etc) back onto the enemy pkmn. I'd rather not be poisoned, so run its DW ability over this always

Magic Mirror
With this not only can Espy not be hit status attacks, but it reflects those moves right back at the user. It even reflects backs field moves such as Stealth Rocks and Spikes. Essentially, with this ability, the enemy can only use direct attacking moves or boosting moves (meaning this ability is the bane of many Blissey sets). Try switching into a Pranster Thunderous, I garuentee you your opponent will rage quit with their Thunderbro priority statuses/Taunts itself :)

The Cliche Choice Set
:

Espeon@ Choice Specs
Ability: Magic Mirror
EVs: 252 SpA & 252 Spe
Nature: Modest/ Timid

-Physic/Psyshock
-ShadowBall
-Hidden Power (Fighting)/ Hidden Power (Fire)
-Grass Knot

Self explanatory, 1st slots for reliable stab (Psyshock is weaker, but gets a better hit on Special Walls like Blissey), Shadowball for a opposing Psychics. Hidden Power type depends on who you want to hit harder Ferrorthorn (which is currently #1 in usage according to Smogon's servers) or Dark Types not named Scrafty. Grass Knot for...well remember when I said Espeon had a limited movepool? Yeah, Grassknot gets a good hit on Tyranitar & bulky waters that arent Vaporeon, but thats about it. I believe Grassknot 2 or 3HKO's Tyranitar, so chances are you'll lose to most variants anyway, given Espy's low defense

The defensive Espeon:
Espeon @ Light Clay /Leftovers
Ability: Magic Mirror
Nature Modest / Bold
EV's: 252 SpA & 252 Spe / 252 Hp & 252 Def

-Reflect
-Calm Mind
-Psychic/ Psyshock
-Shadowball/ Hidden Power (Fighting)/ Yawn/ Morning Sun

-Reflect for some added Defense, while Calm Mind raises SpD and SpA. Psychic or Psyshock for STAB while the last slot can be used for coverage or to force the switch. Morning Sun can be used for recovery, but gets nerfed if any weather but sun is out.

EspyJump:
Espeon@Light Clay/ Leftovers/ Life Orb/ Petaya Berry
Nature: Modest / Bold
EV's: 252 SpA & 252 Spe / 252 Hp & 252 Def

-Calm Mind/ Work Up/ Light Screen
-Shadow Ball/ Reflect/ Wish
-Psychic/ Psyshock/ Stored Power
-Baton Pass

Boost away with Calm Mind (or Work Up if you plan to pass to a mixed Sweeper), then pass it to something that will sweep with it. Espy and also pass dual screens or wishes if you wish it ( I know, I did that. I'm sorry), but thats better left to other mon's. If your gonna use Espy on a baton pass team (short or long chain) it loves getting passed Shell Smashes (assuming your using white herb) and Quiver Dances (hell it can even take a few dragon dances if you want) With a few boost (+6 I believe) Stored Power and Shadow Ball (assuming some of those passed boost were SpA boosts) can shut down the entire game. The other options are for more reliable STAB and the final slot is dedicated to the method of passing.

The Gimmick Espeon Set:

(Saw this set once, it wasn't unbeatable, just extremely strange. Gonna try to recreate it for you to see)

Espeon@Flame Orb/ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Mirror/ Synchronise
Nature: Impish (+Def/SpA)
EV's: 252 Hp & 252 Def/ SpD

-Swagger
-Power Swap
-Baton Pass/Wish/ Morning Sun/ Return
-Psychic/ Return

Idea is to let the enemy 'mon to get a few Atk/SpA boost then hit 'em with Power Swap. Use Swagger to force an attack boost on a physical attacker, which is easy enough to lure out with Espeon's low Def, then cripple them and leave them confused. Then you can spam Return for decent neutral damage or baton pass the attack boost to another mon. Wish for recovery (or Morning Sun if used on a sun team), while Psychic is for STAB.

Striker X

Certified dumb user
Sorry if this set has been posted.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration/Water absorb
EVs: 252 Hp, 186 Def, 64 Sp.A
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Attk) / Calm (+Sp.def, -Attk)

Scald
Toxic / Ice beam
Wish
Protect

This thing is so annoying, it's not even funny. Hydration is the better ability, but that would limit it's potential to rain only. Water absorb is amazing for a switch in. Scald is to do some damage, and to help against physical attackers. Ice beam is for Dragon and Grass types, should you stay in, but Toxic is for stall wars. Burn just won't do as much in stall wars unless you're against Ferrothorn, who is a major threat. The Wish + Protect combo is self-explanatory. Helps you stall a turn of status condition on your opponent, or recover.

ClefairyRox

Nintendo Fan
In previous generations, Espeon was left in the shadows of fellow Psychic types, notably Alakazam. Although fast and powerful, it was pretty generic outside of Baton Pass, which led to the popular "Espy-jump" sets. Even then, Espeon was a pretty rare sight.

5th gen comes around, and Espeon is EVERYWHERE. Why? Two words: Magic Bounce. This Hidden Ability, shared only by Xatu, acts like a constantly-active Magic Coat. It bounces almost every non-attacking aimed at the Pokemon back at the attacker. That includes Taunt, entry hazards, status moves, stat-changing moves, and so forth. This makes Espeon a fantastic anti-lead, as most leads love to set up Stealth Rocks and Magic Bounce just bounces them back. Synchronise can't even compare.

Aside from Magic Bounce, Espeon has a strong base 130 Sp. Attack (Which can be further boosted by Calm Mind) and a decently quick base 110 Speed. This sets it up for sweeping. Sadly, its attacking movepool is poor. Psychic or Psyshock will always be used. Aside from that, it really only has Shadow Ball, Grass Knot, and Hidden Power to work with. Also, many Espeon run duel screens because of Magic Bounce protecting it from Taunt.

Supportively, Espeon has a number of options. Baton Passing Calm Minds, phazing with Yawn, or even setting up Trick Room are all possible for it.

Countering Espeon: Since Espeon will be running Magic Bounce 99% of the time, just outright attack it. Pursuit is a fantastic option, hitting Espeon's weaker defense hard and supereffectively when it tries to escape. Keep in mind that it can't catch a Baton Passing Espeon, though. Other Dark and Ghost attacks (Especially the priority moves Sucker Punch and Shadow Sneak) are effective as well.

Last edited:

ClefairyRox

Nintendo Fan
Umbreon is a favorite of mine because its so bulky. Base 95 HP, base 110 Defense, base 130 Sp. Defense, and only two weaknesses make it an ideal defensive Pokemon. It's slow and lacks power, but it has Payback and Curse to compensate.

It also has many supportive options. Yawn, Heal Bell, and Wish are the main ones. Other Eeveelutions get them as well, but Umbreon's stats make it one of the best users of them.

Umbreon's Hidden Ability is unfortunately not that good. Inner Focus stops Jirachi and Togekiss from Flinching you all day, but I feel Synchronise is better.

I credit my good pal Antar1011 from Youtube for this set. Don't know the nature or spread, but it probably focuses on Sp. Defense.

Item: Leftovers/Lum Berry.
Ability: Synchronise

Curse
Heal Bell
Wish/Moonlight
Payback

Curse increases Attack and Defense while lowering Speed. And if Payback is used after a foe attacks, it doubles in power. Heal Bell provides team support and prevents Burns from ruining your day, and the healing move keeps Umbreon healthy.

Steels and Darks wall this set all day long, so they will have to be removed.

Countering Umbreon: It's very difficult to OHKO this guy, but still possible. Hit it with your strongest Fighting and Bug attacks, Megahorn, Close Combat, Focus Blast, Bug Buzz... You get the idea. Umbreon lacking Heal Bell will also hate Poison or Burn. If it uses Curse, you can Haze or Phaze it.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
Oh boy. I was hoping for something interesting. I guess the mutant Cat/Dogs are it this week, then...

First off, Espeon and Vaporeon are the absolute most viable out of the seven in OU; top Dual Screens lead and a top Physical Wall are very good accomplishments for a Psychic-Cat and a Fish-Dog, and they are very good at it.

I'll just do... Vaporeon on this one, due to the only one per post thing.

Water Absorb: Is usually a very good option. Very useful; but paling in comparison to it's other ability, and what has made it shine how much lately.
Hydration: With the popularity of Politoed, Hydration - In or out of a Rain team - is going to be a good choice. When you have rain of your own, don't hesitate to drop Wish-Protect for Rest; it's a very good bargain. Outside of rain teams, you should make sure as to not become reliant, as it can be broken very easily if it becomes so dependant.

Also, a note; it's got extreme defenses, being 130/65/95, but as you can see, you'll need to invest in Physical Defense ALOT for it to be able to call itself a Physical wall.

Standard Wall Vaporeon
Ability: Hydration
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Bold (-Atk, +Def
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SAtk
-Scald
-Ice Beam/Roar
-Wish/Rest
-Protect/Ice Beam/Roar

Standard Wall Vaporeon; Scald has that awesome Burn Chance, which is a great asset to a Wall like this. Ice Beam provides Coverage, but Roar can be placed there for PHazing out set up attackers, like Gyarados. Wish+Protect is usually, and decidedly, the best option; however, Rest could be placed over Wish is you feel like taking the risk, and the last slot can be used for either Ice Beam(If you chose Roar), Roar(If you chose Ice Beam) and Protect,(If you feel paranoid).

Other Options:

Toxic is a very appealing choice, and can - or should - be used on the above set. There is absolutely no reason to disregard it, I only decided to list an altered variant of the norm.
Haze can be used over Roar if you fear the negative priority, but otherwise, it's an inferior option.
Hidden Power can be used for, say, HP(Electric) to hit things like Politoed. Vaporeon's movepool isn't huge, like most Pokemon from early generations, so this pretty much caps it out.
Baton Pass Set With moves like Acid Armor and Aqua Ring, it can be a very good Baton Pass-er, (As well as using Acid Armor to it's fullest, investing very little in Defense with it.) A Baton Pass set consisting of Baton Pass, Aqua Ring/Scald, Acid Armor and Substitute can be used. However, Baton Pass in general of the Eeveelutions is outclassed by Espeon, who is immune to Taunt, unless something with Mold Breaker runs it.

I'll do the obvious Espeon later.

zerozoner

Baton Pass Sweeper

Espeon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Baton Pass
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Sure Espeon's speed might not be the greatest in the game with this EV Spread, but it can still easily out run many Pokemon and it gains a nice amount of bulk From it's EV's making it harder to kill off. With good switch in timing you can gain a free turn to use Calm Mind which sets you up to sweep, if they switch in a ghost type that isn't Gengar you can just Baton Pass your Calm Mind boost to another member of your team and have them start sweeping. Psychic is the strongest STAB you got that doesn't require any set up. HP Fighting over Fire for dealing with the common Heatran, and other steel types nicely.

BuizelBeatsEverything

...Except Charmeleon
With a Little Glitz and Flareon

Flareon@Fire Gem
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 SpDef/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SpAtk)

-Flame Charge
-Superpower
-Return/Dig/Bite/Fire Fang
-Return/Dig/Bite/Fire Fang

Okay, I've used this set on many Wi-Fi battles, and it has proven quite successful, so I will share it with all of you.

The main idea is to get a good speed boost in, because lack-of-speed is one of the main drawbacks to Flareon. The Fire Gem will help to get one good hit with Flame Charge, and can easily OHKO opponents who are weak to Fire Moves. Superpower is a 4th Gen. Tutor move, and provides Flareon an option vs. Rock Pokemon. The Atk and Def drop is disheartening, but with someone who has a move-pool as shallow as Flareon's, you don't really have any other options. You have a small selection for the last two slots. I personally would go with Return. Its Flareon's most powerful move by far. For the last slot, I'd go with Bite, due to the coverage it provides on Psychic and Ghost, but you can use Dig as an alternative way to hit Rock-Types, if you feel confident enough that your opponent doesn't have anything to switch into to avoid the attack. Fire Fang is the final option. If you need a little more power, you can use Fire Fang as your Fire-Sweeping move after you set-up with Flame Charges.

Last edited:

wunderkind

Spr_5b_471.png

If Espeon can do it, I can too!
Ability: Snow Cloak
Item: Leftovers
Calm (+SpD, -Atk) EVs:252 Def/252 SpD/4 HP
-Blizzard
-Baton Pass
-Barrier
-Work Up/Hail

A baton passing Glaceon? Crazy, I know... Anyway, Glaceon has awesome defense, pretty good special defense, and Snow Cloak to give an evasion boost in Hail. Barrier sharply raises Defense, which can really help Glaceon stay alive or can be BP'd to a more fragile pokemon. Blizzard gets 100% accuracy in Hail, which you want active for this set. If you use this on a Hail team, use Work Up, which can aid any offensive pokemon really. If this isn't on a Hail team, then you'll want Glace to have Hail.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
*Sigh*

@Zerozoner: That's inferior to normal Baton Pass Recipient Espeon.

Speaking of which, I'll post two simple sets to consider when using Espy...

Baton Pass recipient
Ability: Magic Bounce
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SAtk, 252 Spd
-Hidden Power(Fighting)
-Stored Power
-Calm Mind
-Psyshock/Baton Pass

This is the standard recipient. Stored Power is what makes this set viable; it's got a STAB, and(Here's the OH MY GOD) can get up to 860 BP. *Head Explodes* Don't go thinking that's easy to do though. Typically, people start out with a Stall-Ninjask(Typically with SD, even though not Physical) and pass 6/6 to Espeon. Hidden Power Fighting is for hitting Dark and Steel types, which really are bad(Stored Power knocks pretty much everything else harder though.) Calm Mind incase you want a couple more boosts, of which it can be very useful, because you cannot get Taunted(I'm not sure if you can/cannot get Hazed/PHazed, though.) Psyshock is useful for hitting Special Walls, although Baton Pass can be nice in a Baton Pass chain.

Dual Screens Lead
Ability: Magic Bounce
Item: Leftovers/Light Clay
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SDef
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Psyshock/Morning Sun/Wish/Protect
-Hidden Power (Fighting)/Morning Sun/Wish/Protect

This has been dropping in usage lately, but it's a solid lead nonetheless. With an immunity to Taunt, Dual Screens are quite useful, and can let some devastating Pokemon - DDHaxorus for example - set up and sweep. Lefties or Light Clay, Lefties help with survival but Light Clay can make a large difference in the time for setting up. Psyshock is STAB which is very useful for hitting well... Alot, but Morning Sun, Wish or Protect can be used over it. Hidden Power Fighting is also viable in the next set, of which only Psychics and Spiritomb/Sableye resist the two. Healing can be more useful however, so the same choices are listed.

No OO this time :I

ThePlatypusKing

Cursebreon
Umbreon@leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP 88 Def 168 Sp.Def
Curse
Payback
Moonlight
Healbell/Iron Tail

The usual Umbreon set. Curse to become a complete tank. Since youre going to be slower than most pokemon out their Payback does double damage if you get hit. Moonlight for recovery. Healbell to heal status (with synchronize youe reflect status back which can be useful to switch in and take a toxic or thunder wave). Or you could use Iron Tail as another attack to hit anything that ressists Payback.

RandomError

I AM ERROR.
First time trying this, so bear with me.

Flareon. Ah, Flareon. 130 base attack is great, equivalent to Garchomp and Breloom. Downside? NEARLY NO MOVEPOOL. Seriously, the best things this guy can get are Fire Fang, Dig, Flame Charge, Facade, and Superpower- that's it. But, to it's credit, it does receive Guts via Dream World, so it can run a half-decent set off of that. Flareon also has a 95 Special Attack, and an alright 115 Special Defense. Despite those facts, expect it to stay in NU for a while.

Abilities:

Flash Fire- Not as good as Guts. Even if it activates, you have only two Physical Fire moves to use.

Guts (DW)- A better option than Flash Fire. A 1.5 multiplier in Attack when hit with a status condition? Much more preferable.

Gutsy Move

Flareon@Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 Def
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -Sp Atk) or Jolly (+Spd, -Sp Atk)

Facade
Flame Charge/Fire Fang
Dig
Will-O-Wisp/Toxic/Substitute

This set could work, but with Flareon's Defenses (Excluding Sp Def), don't expect it to last long. The main basis of this set is to improve on Flareon's poor Speed. Facade works in conjunction with Toxic Orb, and can hit harder than Return at that point. Flame Charge increases Speed, but you may want to go with Fire Fang for chance of Burn or Flinch. Dig is for Rock types that would wall you otherwise. The last slot is your preference. Will-O-Wisp is for crippling your opponents so your lackluster Defense won't be as lackluster. Toxic is, well, Toxic. Substitute is so you won't die immediately.

Vandslaux

Espeon @Leftovers
Bold
Magic Mirror
252 HP/252 Def/4 Sp. Def
Reflect
Light Screen
Wish
Baton Pass

Espeon's probably the best of the DW Eeveelutions. It doesn't even have to worry about being Taunt bait! (Does status from Mold Breaker pokemon hit through?) Basic Dual screener, seconding as a Wish passer.

IMO, it would make a good humor point if it was noted that Flareon STILL doesn't get Flare Blitz. Once it does (lol, if), CB Guts Flareon is going to become a complete wrecking ball if it switches in on... some sort of status? Toxic is not good for Flareon, Paralysis cripples it, Sleep, well... yeah.

Last edited:

cookies kill you

Like a boss
specs jolteon
volt absorb
modest
choice scarf
252 spa 252 spe 4 hp
thunderbolt
hidden power ice
shadow ball
volt switch