• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #38

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Reno's busy writing the last one so here's the next one

182.png

This week we'll be doing Bellossom, one of the classic Pokémon

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/182.shtml

Bellossom is a nice Pokémon but can be mostly used for support

Go nuts

ilucado

Blaine's Style!
I dance to stall!

- Toxic
- Venoshock
- Teeter Dance
- Protect
Item Attached: Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtt / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

Since Bellossom is very very slow: 50 base Speed! Chlorophyll is your best option in this set! (or any other offensive set)... Use Toxic on your opp. and Protect... the usual stuff. Then you can either use STAB double powered (cause of toxic: 130 base power) Venoshock or you can Teeter Dance to confuse your opp

Partners

SUN TEAMS! Ninetales/Vulpix... any thing to set the sun!

Last edited:

Haru Glory

Rave Master
Triples Supporter

Bellossom @ Leftovers
Trait: Healer
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
EVs: 172 HP/84 Def/252 SpD
- Nature Power (EQ)
- Teeter Dance
- Lucky Chant
- Giga Drain

Healer has a 30% chance to heal ally's status at the end of the turn.
Lucky Chant prevents crits in your field, Teeter Dance confuses, and Giga Drain heals.

TheGreatDragonite

Dragon Trainer
Sunny Day Sweeper

- Solar Beam
- Teeter Dance/Sunny Day/Toxic
- Leaf Storm/Petal Dance
-Venoshock/Sludge Bomb
Item Attached: Leftovers
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtt / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

Works best with Sunny Day Teams (Ninetales. ect). Solar Beam is the generic sunny day move. If you do not have something to set it up beforehand, sunny day is an obvious move choice, but if it is already set up, teeter dance and toxic are both useful (the latter especially if you plan to use venoshock). Next, you can choose between Leaf Storm and Petal Dance for a back up if you canm't use solar beam, and venoshock or sludge bomb is up to you depending on whether you're running toxic or not.

ilucado

Blaine's Style!
Under the Moonlight

Bellossom @ Leftovers/Zoom Lens
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
EVs: 172 HP/168 Def/168 SAtt
- Sleep Powder
- Moonlight
- Charm/Tickle
- Grass Knot

Main goal of this set is to cripple your opponent: Charm (harshly reduces Att) or Tickle (reduces Att and Def). Put it to sleep then heal your self if needed then "Cripple Time". Last slot is to prevent Taunt bait: Grass Knot is the best option to this set!

Partners
Something like Shandera or a Shadow Tag/ Mean Look user.

Vodka Haze

Sweeping Set:

Nature: Timid
EVs: 4HP/252SpA/252Spe
Item: Choice Scarf/Life Orb/Choice Specs

Solarbeam
Sludge Bomb
Hidden Power (Rock)
Uproar

This is a sweeping set for Bellossom. Use it on a Sun team for maximum optimality, since Chlorophyll doubles out your speed and Solarbeam won't take two turns to charge. Solarbeam for STAB, Sludge Bomb since it is a powerful move, as well as useful for getting rid of Pokemon like Ludicolo and Breloom. Hidden Power Rock to get rid of annoying Fire and Flying types that come your way. The last slot was hard to fill in, since Bellossom has a poor movepool. Uproar is your best bet, since it won't matter much if you have a Choice Specs/Scarf on, and prevents sleep, which is good if your opponent uses Sleep inducing moves, but not good on you if vice versa.

UsernameSayWha?

Hates Hidden Power
Toxic Stall
Chlorophyll
252 HP/ 252 Spe/4 SpD
Timid
- Toxic
- Synthesis
- Protect
- Substitute
*Note: Just use SubSeed Tangrowth.

Sun Sweeper
Chlorophyll
252 SpA/252 Spe/4 SpD
Modest
- Solarbeam/Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power Ice
- Solarbeam/Leaf Storm
*Note: Just use Venasaur/Sawsbuck/Volcarona/
Shiftry DO I NEEEED TO LIST?

Kraleck

Abilities
Chlorophyll - Doubles your Base 50 Speed. Think about how useful it is for Exeggutor's Base 55 Speed: Rather useless in Doubles/Triples unless you need the offense...
Healer - On second thought, Chlorophyll is the way to go outside of Doubles/Triples...having the same chance of curing statuses as inflicting statuses with certain added-effect Moves is a good idea, but I wish it were a tad more like Aromatherapy or Heal Bell with reserves...

Stats
You could go either way on offense, but slightly moreso on Specials. Defense lags a bit behind Sp.Def and Speed...well, you still have your offenses and defenses. Mediocre HP is something we've seen often lately (Scyther, Scizor, the 7 Eevee-lutions, Galvantula, etc.).

Movepool
Slim to none on Attack-Move Type-coverage, outside of Hidden Power, but decent on Status-Move variety. Great ways to support are the usual way to go...

Likely Hidden Power Options
-Ferrothorn dreads Fire with Chlorophyll sets, but you also risk getting a double-strength Fire Move to the face in the Sun. Ice, Steel, and Grass Types will really hate HP (Fire)...
-Rock gives coverage to where you may hurt most - against Flying, Ice, and/or Fire Types. Stealth Rock can help chip off their HP, so you have some help getting Bellossom in...
-Ice can pierce many Grass-resistant opponents - neutral to Ferrothorn and Super VS most Grass, Dragon, and/or Flying Types. You also have a better option in the Rain using Ice over Fire...
-Ground does a similar job to Rock, except for Steel, Poison, and Electric Types over Ice and Flying...

Mixed attacker - Trick Room Doubles/Triples version
Stats: Relaxed - Either 128 or 252 EVs towards both attack stats and the rest to both defenses (gave 128 to attacks) or Defense (gave 252 to attacks)
Ability: Healer
Item: Iron Ball
Moves: Leaf Blade, Hidden Power (Rock/Ground), Venoshock/Sludge Bomb, Facade

Leaf Blade for STAB. Venoshock with a poisoner ally (Poison Hand Ability, Toxic, etc.) or Sludge Bomb without. HP (Rock or Ground) for Fire Types and Bug Types or Fire Types and Steel Types (respectively). Facade for use with your allies' Thunder Wave.

As usual, Trick Room and go all out in Doubles/Triples. Your offenses and defenses are great while your Speed gives a natural Trick Room advantage.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
Funny, I'm planning on evolving my Oddish on Emerald into this... Name's Friendweed.

Anyways, Bellossom is one of those "What is this?" Pokemon that has wierd stats for something so miniscule, and the stats aren't so good anyway. In OU it has little chance to shine too, but there's a couple sets that it can pull off either in or out.

Notes: Always use Chlorophyll. doubling 50 Base speed in sunlight is pretty stupid, but it brings it on-par with some other Pokemon. Plus, Bellossom is probably the only Pokemon I remember off the bat to be able to use Weather moves pretty easily now. So yeah.

SweepySunnyBeamer
Bellossom
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SAtk, 252 Spd
-Sunny Day
-Solarbeam
-Hidden Power(Rock/Fire)
-Leaf Storm/Grass Knot

Your basic Sweepy. I'll post the other few viable sets after Church, so I'll just leave it as this right now.

(Did I just say viable? Ahaha.)

EDIT: Alright, back on computer now and gonna post these next few.

Double Powder
Bellossom
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 Spd
-Sleep Powder
-Stun Spore
-Giga Drain
-Hidden Power (Fire/Rock)

Double Powder. In case you don't know, Double Powder is the strategy with two statuses. One is Sleep, which tends to cause switches, and the other is Paralysis, for major Hax and support. Just explained Sleep Powder and Stun Spore, too. Giga Drain is reliable healing and STAB, while Hidden Power Rock or Fire is your preffered, but keep in mind Fire and Dragon-types will get in your way if youi choose Fire, and Steels will get in your way if you choose Rock. HPGround is an alternative, but with Air Balloon popping up everywhere(No pun intended), you'd need to use it sparingly, at least at first. Oh, and you'd want to Status them, anyway.

SPECIFIC NOTE: I feel like Bellossom could get underestimated, they send in Exca, and you Sleep as they set up. That would be awesome, and they lost one of their more powerful sweepers... Mhmhmhm...

BulkySunnyBeamer
Bellossom
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 SAtk
-Sunny Day
-Solarbeam
-Giga Drain/Hidden Power (Fire/Rock)
-Moonlight

This is a variant that you might see, not sure. The goal here is not to sweep, more to punch holes and support. Tank-like. Funny, never thought some flower would be talked about like I am. Sunny Day is for Sunlight, as it's MUCH easier to use it as they change the weather. Solarbeam their TTar or Politoed, it'd be so funny. Or you could use HPFire or Rock, again. Moonlight is another form of recovery, so Giga Drain could be dropped for something else, like.... Grass Knot? I don't know.

Physical Flower
Bellossom
Item: Life Orb/Choice Scarf/Choice Band
Nature: Adamant/Lonely
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd OR 252 Atk, 4 SAtk, 252 Spd
-Swords Dance/Return/Leaf Storm
-Seed Bomb
-Drain Punch
-Nature Power (EQ)

Wow. I find it hilarious. A flower that dances with swords and steals your energy with it's punches, sets off an earthquake and throws seeds at you. LO if you want to boost power, Scarf for more speed or Band for extra power righht off the bat. I'd go with SD and LO, but that's just me. Oh, and you'd need to run Return for the Choice'd sets. OR you could run a Lonely nature and go for more powerful Leaf Storm, but I'd need to know what it's power VS the likes of Seed M=Bomb would be to make that call. Speaking of Seed Bomb, it's your main Physical STAB, beating Leaf Blade for those who want a ninja flower. Drain Punch is your really only other physical option, but it's actually pretty good, and if you don't die it replenishes health. Nature Power turns into EQ, which while having redundant coverage with Drain Punch, can be useful at times.

Also, notice it gets Gastro Acid from Pt/HG/SS move tutor. Ewwyugh.

Last edited:
Well, though Bellossom should mainly be used for support or special sets, it actually has pretty decent attack stat for the lower tiers, and can use Swords Dance to get it to pretty threatening levels, and though Victreebell gets it too, Bellossom has much more of a physical movepool to go with, notably Drain Punch. Venusaur also gets it, but Growth is better anyways, so Bellossom isn't completely outclassed as a purely physical sweeper.

Plant Dance
Bellossom @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA) / Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~ Swords Dance
~ Leaf Blade
~ Nature Power / Drain Punch
~ Return / Double-Edge / Sleep Powder / Sunny Day / Moonlight / Substitute

The first two slots are pretty simple, get Bellossom against something it can set up on and Swords Dance away, using Leaf Blade as your STAB (the critical hit chance is nice too). The evs are straightforward as well, max attack and speed with 4 dumped into HP. You can deter some evs from speed into another stat for some bulk, depending on what you want to outspeed with Chlorophyll. Life Orb is there to dish out extra damage. The third slot depends on your preferance. If you want Bellossom to hit harder, Nature Power becomes Earthquake, and can smash Poison and Steel types, especially Heatran after a Swords Dance. However, Drain Punch, though weaker, allows you to recover off some Life Orb damage, while also hitting Ferrothorn for super effective damage. The last slot all depends on preference. Return rounds off the coverage well, hitting foes like Toxicroak if running Drain Punch over Nature Power, while DOuble Edge hits much harder, though you take both Life Orb and Double-Edge recoil. Sleep Powder can cripple the foe and allow a garunteed set up, as well as crippling Gengar, who completely walls you. Sunny Day is to keep your speed if not on a Drought team, and Moonlight helps you recover any Life Orb damage. Finally, Substitute can grant you a garunteed set up on a predicted switch.

Last edited:
OVERVIEW:

I wish I could find something good to say about Bellossom in OU. I can't, but I'll try.

Looking at it, Bellossom seems to be rather mediocre. Low-average stats across the board, a poor typing that gives it five weaknesses and three resistances, and a bad movepool. However, Bellossom has one redeeming quality: Chlorophyll. With it, and can actually stand a chance agaist some of the top OU- Ah, who am I kidding. Venusaur does everything this... thing can do better. At least it's cute. It's down in NU, where there is no permasun, meaning Venusaur, way up where there is sun, is still singing his taunting tune.

SET(S)

Annoyer

Bellossom @ Leftovers
Healer/Chlorophyll
Bold
252 HP/144 Def/112 SpD
Teeter Dance/Stun Spore/Flash/Attract/Charm/Tickle/Sleep Powder/Leaf Storm/Energy Ball/Grass Knot
Teeter Dance/Stun Spore/Flash/Attract/Charm/Tickle/Sleep Powder/Leaf Storm/Energy Ball/Grass Knot

If you want to use Bellosssom in OU without it being hideously outclassed, this is the way to do it. Annoyance. Doesn't really work in singles, but if you pair this with a Wobbufett in Doubles/Triples, you can really piss your opponent off. Teeter Dance serves to be an annoyance with confusion. Stun Spore paralyzes. Flash lowers accuracy, pissing several Pokemon off. Attract is like eternal confusion, but without the damage. Charm and Tickle can force switches, but use Leaf Blade if you use an attacking move if you do this, and change the nature to Impish.

Other Options:

None.

Partners: If you want something hideously outclassed by Venusaur, partner this girl up with Ninetales for eternal sun. Otherwise, you should be using this in Multi battles. So, go with Wobbufett or Dugtrio as partners so they can't switch.

Striker X

Certified dumb user
Triples Supporter

Bellossom @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
EVs: 172 HP/84 Def/252 SpD
- Nature Power (EQ)
- Teeter Dance
- Lucky Chant
- Giga Drain

Lucky Chant prevents crits in your field, Teeter Dance confuses, and Giga Drain heals.

That's actually pretty good, gimmicky, but good.

Diaglio

I Wanna Heal!!!

Bellossom @ Lefties/Big Root
Healer
Bold/Calm/Timid
252 Def, 56 Sp Def, 200 Hp
-Moonlight
-Protect
-Giga Drain
-Toxic

Soperman

The One and Only
Haven't done a POTW un a while, but here I am!
Anyway, Bellossom is ine if those pokemon with nice stats, but terrible movepools. Im going to try an offensive set, but Bellossom is mostly support.

Sunny Bellosson Strike, ACTIVATE!
- Solarbeam
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Moonlight
EVs and Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
4 Hp / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spd
Offensive Bellossom sets only work in the sun. That's why Solarbeam is there. Same with Moonlight. Sludge Bomb is there for other Grass type, and HP [Rock] covers all of Bellossom's weaknesses.

Support Stall
- Hidden Power [Rock] / Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Safeguard
- Lucky Chant
EVs and Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
252 Hp / 156 Def / 100 Sp. Def
Support Stall set, obviously. HP and Giga Drain are in case of Taunt. Sleep Powder to make the opponent fall asleep. Safeguard prevents status on your team, and Lucky Chant for no crits. EVs for optimum Defensive capabilities.

Double and Triple Options
I saw a set earlier for Triple battle support, so yes, it is plausible.

Partners
For offensive sets, you want Ninetails or Vulpix for Drought. Ferrothorn also walls most of Bellossom's weaknesses, except for Fire.

Countering
Just about any Fire type you can think of will outspeed and destroy Bellossom. Ferrothorn also walls Bellossom. As do most Poison types.
Bellossom is mostly known as a support pokemon, but it can be seen as offensive on rare occasions (or from new trainers who dont know there's more to battling than just attacking)

irock245

She wants it
alright, i've used this guy(girl?) in triples, and with wobefett he is awesome. You mainly use him for support, though.

Creeper

om nom nom
At the RU zone!
- Giga Drain/Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Moonlight/ Sleep Powder
Ability: Chlorophyll/ Healer
EVs and Nature: Modest (+Sp. Atk, -Atk)
4 Spd. / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 HP

Desc: Your best bet of a Bellossom set in RU, where it's stuck. Since Vulpix is Borderline, and Ninetales is OU, no sun.
Anyway, HP Fire is for Ferroseed, who walls Bellossom with out it. Leaf Storm/Giga Drain is STAB, and Sludge Bomb is coverage. Sleep Powder/Moonlight is filler.

In a meta full of Fire and Bug types, Bellossom isn't recommended for RU, not with Entei and Yanmega everywhere.

Last edited:
The Poison Ivy@leftovers
Bold/calm
Chorlophyll/Healer
252def/252spdef/4hp
Toxic
Moonlight/synthesis
Gigadrain
substitute

Toxic depletes health and in 6 turns would kill without any healing witch is devastating for sweepers. Moonlight/Synthesis both are exactly the same so use the one you can get the easiest. Giga drain so your not taunt bait along with some extra healing. Substitute to protect you from status. The ability is up to which type of battle you will be using Bellossom on healer for double/triples only. Chorlophyll for any type of battle

Partners: Wobbuffet/Dugtrio and insert awsome sweeper here for triples
and Dugtrio/awsome sweeper for doubles

Last edited:

Skyart

I have trained and used a Bellossom as a supporter/attacker in my Trick Room doubles/triples team. This is it:

Don't all plants move this slowly?
Item: Big Root
Quiet Nature, 252 HP/252 Sp Atk/6 SpDef
Giga Drain
Sleep Powder
Sweet Scent
Sludge Bomb

Firstly it needs a very low Speed IV (mine happens to have 5) so it stands a good chance of going early in Trick Room. Healer is a nice ability in doubles/triples that can remove pesky status problems from your allies, but unfortunately not from Bellossom itself

I know it's a fairly weird moveset but I'll explain what it's meant to do. Giga Drain is STAB that also heals Bellossom well thanks to the Big Root (Leftovers is already taken by another Pokemon on my team). It's also good for beating Water types that often show up in doubles/triples due to their nice typing and STAB Surf. Sleep Powder can put a Pokemon out of action for a while. Sweet Scent lowers the Evasion stat of all the opponent's Pokemon so long as they don't switch. This makes Sleep Powder more likely to hit as well as moves like Blizzard and Rock Slide, without sacrificing your own team's Evasion as No Guard or Gravity would do. Sludge Bomb is filler. Alternative moves for this slot include Safeguard, Lucky Chant, Teeter Dance or a suitable Hidden Power.

I'll be honest and say that this Bellossom doesn't work as well as I'd like. Its Ice weakness means it gets obliterated by Blizzard and Healer is not as reliable as it could be. But I'll post it here just in case it inspires somebody.

(As an aside, my idea for Sweet Scent -> Blizzard came from Mystery Dungeon, where it works unwholesomely well on monster houses. It's a shame there's no competitive element to those games though...)

garchompkid

you need a stab grass move

Status
Not open for further replies.