• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think hes just trying to get the boring ones out of the way so when B/W are released (and Serebii gets flooded with new members) fewer people will be forced to deal with the boring stuff.

.. I don't know. Blissey, Salamence and TTar are ok, but I can't really defend Machamp as he didn't get anything new, is most outclassed by Roobushion and is UU now. So we basically copy pasted 4th gen sets for a Pokemon no one cares about.

ASB

Weather Team Hater
I completely agree with these Pokemon being boring. Not much can be done unless Reno or Serebii decide to change their plans early.

lol, petition. I think I suggested 2 per week a while ago. Before long, we're gonna be in gen 6 with twice as many pokemon as we had in gen 3, when we did only 1 per week. We'll need to do two eventually, why not start sooner rather than later?

Heck, we could do Ditto at the same time as something else next week, since it only has one good set and may not be hard to write an analysis for.

Here's its (only) set:
Nature: Nobody cares.
EVs: 252 HP, whatever else you feel like.
Ability: Eccentric
Moves: Who gives a crap?
Item: Choice Scarf

That was hard :p

windsong

WEST SIDE
Here's its (only) set:
Nature: Nobody cares.
EVs: 252 HP, whatever else you feel like.
Ability: Eccentric
Moves: Who gives a crap?
Item: Choice Scarf

That was hard :p

You forgot to have the IVs listed -- there are actually about three "different"
viable sets, technically, with IV's for HP Ice, HP Fire, and HP Electric respectively.

I'll make sure we get something like Ditto for April fools or something (in addition to the current POTW). It will simultaneously get a useless yet important analysis out of the way and appear like we're joking at the same time.

ASB

Weather Team Hater
It will simultaneously get a useless yet important analysis out of the way and appear like we're joking at the same time.

Well that's a confusing statement.

Wait, does Hidden Power copy IVs (ergo HP type and power) or does it simply change your stats? If the latter is true, the IVs should probably make HP a good offensive type just in case you copy a pokemon with Hidden Power, though whether or not you pick a type that is super effective against the copied pokémon itself is luck of the draw.

See, we could have this set ready by tomorrow alongside Champ. Wow, we've managed to discuss Blaziken, SpecsChamp, Ditto, etc. Shows how great our attention spans are, hehehe. Good work, team.

Last edited:
Wait, does Hidden Power copy IVs (ergo HP type and power) or does it simply change your stats? If the latter is true, the IVs should probably make HP a good offensive type just in case you copy a pokemon with Hidden Power, though whether or not you pick a type that is super effective against the copied pokémon itself is luck of the draw.

I believe you are referring to Eccentric, and no, I don't think it copies IVs, just stats. Oh, and on the Ditto set, a lot of people run max Def alongside HP, mainly to survive as many Struggles as you can in case you get into a Ditto vs. Ditto war.

ASB

Weather Team Hater
I believe you are referring to Eccentric, and no, I don't think it copies IVs, just stats. Oh, and on the Ditto set, a lot of people run max Def alongside HP, mainly to survive as many Struggles as you can in case you get into a Ditto vs. Ditto war.

Good point, I hadn't thought of that. If you find yourself with a double switch through explosion or something and both players send out Ditto (idk why they would unless it was their last pkmn), that'd suck. I guess that'd mean you want 4 Speed EVs to outspeed the other player as well. If you increased your defense, then the opponent wouldn't do as much, so wouldn't they not take as much recoil either? It seems like a stalemate either way. I guess you could run 4 speed EVs, 128 Def and 124 Atk, though I'm not sure whether or not the def and attack would matter because they would increase your recoil and decrease your enemy's recoil anyway.... (*i think*). If this is true, maxing spe would be best to make you outspeed other Ditto in a StruggleFest...

...see? It only takes the SPPF community about two days, three days max to come up with a bunch of practical sets for a pokémon like Machamp, and only a couple of hours to come up with strategy for a pokémon like Ditto (because it's SO hard to come up with a set for Ditto). They spend the rest of the time talking about stuff like SpecsChamp, ScarfShuckle, Specscadrill, and stupid stuff like that.

...Lol, I call dibs on the term "Specscadrill". I'm so clever =]

Last edited:

Reno

so adorable...
really, really, really getting sick of every thread turning into THIS POKEMON IS NOT WHAT I WANTED, EVERYTHING IS BORING.

Status
Not open for further replies.