• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #40

Status
Not open for further replies.

sSerenity

Seriously

images

;D

I believe I can Fly !
@Choice Specs
Modest Nature
EVs: 252 SpAtt/252 HP/4 SpDef
Ability: Sand Veil
Earth Power
Discharge
Scald
SludgeWawe

Use it under Sandstorm ! Can inflict PARALYSIS, BURN, POISON + Sand Storm residual Damage ... He can tank well with a lot of HP !

menametlg

ability:
Static: Paralyze... good one. Halving the opponent's speed. But not good with Stall set.
Limber: Another paralyze... you won't get paralyze. Kinda useless. forget it.
Sand Veil: Raises evasion during sandstorm. Not good. Useless.

Sets:

Toxic Stall
Sand Veil/Limber
@Left-overs
Sassy/Calm (100 HP/ 252 SpDef/ 152 Def)
Moves:
-Toxic
-Protect
-Substitute/Camouflage
-Earth Power/ HP [Fire]

Toxic is you main move. In 6 turns, the opponent will faint if didn't cure. Protect is for stalling purpose. substitute hides you and also a free protect while Camouflage changes your terrible typing. You have to offensive moves and both of them are good against Steel and Poison who will go against your Toxic. Earth Power is a special ground type. Based power is 95 and may reduced the SpDef while Hp [Fire] is a little stronger but no secondary effect and not a stab move.

Partner: Sandstorm Team.

OffenFISK
Static
@Choice Scarf/Specs
Modest/Quiet (252 SpDef/ 252 SpAtk/ 4 HP)
Moves:
-Thunder
-Muddy Water/Scald/Surf
-Earth Power
-Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave

Thunder and Earth Power is your STAB move. Muddy Water lowers the Accuracy by 1 point, Scald may burn the opponent while surf is just a damaging move. Just choose. Sludge Bomb/Wave is for Ferrothorn who will go against you.

Partner: Sandstorm Team. It raises the power of Earthquake. Otherwise, I suggest

Curse-Payback
Static
@Left-Over
Impish (152 Def/ 100 Atk/ 152 SpDef/ 104 HP)

Moves:
-Curse
-Payback/Revenge
-Earthquake
-Toxic/Substitute

Curse raises the atk and def but lowering the terrible spd of Stunfisk. Payback and Revenge are moves that is combo with Curse. It will double the power once you come after the opponent. Earthquake is for those who will go against your Payback like Metagross and Bisharp. Toxic is for those who will resist your earthquake and payback/revenge like Breloom and Whimsicott. Substitute is for boost.

I wish I can Learn SmellingSalt
Static/Sand Veil
@Life-Orb
Adamant (250 Atk/ 150 Def/ 58 HP)
Moves:
-Sparks
-Earthquake
-Bounce
-Return/Revenge

This set is the most crazy one! Sparks may paralyze the opponent. Earthquake is a strong STAB move. Bounce is a move that can be use against Grass type. May also paralyze the opponent. Return is a good move, at 102, while Revenge double the power when hit first before using this move.

sSerenity

Sludge Wawe won't work against Ferrothorn
HP Fire isn't stronger than Earth Power

Sandstorm doesn't improve Earth attacks
Breloom resist Payback, so Earthquake is better against him (STAB)

A lot of wrong informations !

sSerenity

Just use Sunkern or Fly Golurk instead of this thing. Because if you're using Stunfisk then you must be trolling, and Sunkern and Fly Golurk troll better.

Golurk is a good hero with resistance of combo fighting rock : he counters terrakion easily !

Dark-Tyranitar

SAND VEIL HAX!!!
anything this guy has for special attacking, is outclassed in NU by octillery but...:
stunfisk@choice specs
max hp max satk
static
modest nature
-scald/surf
-earth power
-discharge/thunderbolt/thunder
-sludge wave

scald is for burn, surf has more power. earth power is STAB. discharge if you want paralysis chance to be higher, thunderbolt for more power, thunder for rain team or just to have a power move. sludge wave is filler.

Stunfisk@leftovers
max hp, max sdef
+sdef, -satk nature (i forgot)
static
-curse
-pain split
-spark
-eq

not really to much to explain here...

Stunfisk is a cool derp looking fish with a unique tiping, nice stats and good movepool, I like it. So, let's make something derp!
Set Name: Status inflicter
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Static/Sand Veil
Nature/EVs: Calm 252 HP, 252 SpDef, 4 Def or Calm 252 HP, 232 Def, 24 SpDef or Bold 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpDef
-Scald/Earth Power
-Discarge/Thunder Wave/Earth Power
-Yawn/Earth Power
-Toxic
A nice set, capable of crippling many opponents with the statuses it can inflict. Scald quite powerful and has a 30% chance of burning the opponent. Discharge is STABbed, quite powerful and has a 30% chance of paralyzing the opponent, but Thunder Wave can replace it as it always paralyzes. Yawn forces switchs and can also put the opponent to sleep. Toxic badly poisons the opponent. Earth Power can be used to get a nice stab. It also works well with toxic since it hits poison and steel types immune to it. The move to get rid of will most likely be Yawn, since it doesn't work on pokemon already statused and you will be spreading many statuses. I suggest three possible EV spreads. The first is completely specially defensive since it's your best stat. The second gives you mixed defences with 422 HP, 262 Def and 264 SpDef. Probably the best spread for mixed defences since your SpDef exactly gets a jump stat and makes you defences around the same, with SpDef slightly higher than Def, so that Download abusers don't get the threatening +1 SpAtk. The last spread is completely phisically defensive if you want to abuse your rock and steel resintances, the only problem is that horrible ground weakness. For the nature both Static and Sand Veil are good. Static may be redundant sometimes. Remember to chech whether your moves are legal with Sand Veil.
Other Options
Protect stalls toxic, burn and sandstorm damage, helps getting more leftovers (the only form of recovery) and works well with Yawn, so is very nice. I suggest not to replace Toxic with Sludge Bomb for the poisoning chance. Normal poison is just an inferior burn, so just use Scald. Not to mention that you can burn steel and poison types, while fire types immune to burn won't enjoy a scald and water veil pokemon won't enjoy a discharge. Replace Discharge with Thunder if you are playing a rain team: is a free +50% power.
Partners
Well, you have four weaknesses: water, ice, grass, ground. A grass type resists three of them, while you can take Flying and... uh, poison attack aimed at it... also something to take out grass types as they resist everything you pack. Flying and Fire types are particulary good, and have good sinergy with you.
Counters
Magic Guard don't mind to much being statuced, expecially Reuniclus, who will just calm mind up and annihilate you. Clerics (expecially Blissey/Chansey and Clefable) make you cry a lot. Grass types resist your offensive moves and kill you with a grass type move. Offensive ground type don't like Scald but are immune to paralisys and hit you very hard with a ground move.

Set Name: Rest talker
Nature/EVs: Calm 252 HP, 252 SpDef, 4 Def or Calm 252 HP, 232 Def, 24 SpDef or Bold 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpDef
-Earth Power/Scald
-Discarge/Scald
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
One of the few 5th gen pokemon that get Sleep Talk, so let's put it into use. Earth Power and Dicharge get good coverage, STAB and paralisys support. Scald can replace one of the two for burn support. Same EV spread and nature as before.
Other Options
You will want only theese moves. Thunder over discharge in the rain obviously.
Partners & Counters
Same stuff listed before.

Set Name: Put sunglasses on this derp eyes!
Item: Choice Specs
Nature/EVs: Modest 252 HP, 252 SpAtk, 4 SpDef
-Earth Power
-Thunderbolt | Thunder
-Scald/Surf
-Hidden Power [Fire | Ice]
Stunfisk has amazing defences, a doable special attack, a very good offensive typing, one immunity and a resistance to Stealth Rock, so it can use Choice Specs very effectively. Earth Power and Thunderbolt are your main moves, powerful, accurate and get very good coverage together. Your water move of choice is used to hit ground types immune to electric. Scald vs Surf is burn support vs power. Personally, I'd use Scald, as the occasional burn damage will compensate for the lack of power. The last move covers grass types as they resist everything else. Pick either HP [Fire] or HP [Ice]. Fire is recomended for Ferrothorn. You may want to use Stunfisk in a rain team, as it is immune to electric and can abuse 100% accurate Thunder and pseudo-STAB on his water move. If you do so, pick HP [Ice]. Obvious EV spread: max HP to maximize both your defences and max SpAtk to pack as much punch as possible.
Other Options
Probably these are the only moves you will want. Maybe Sludge Bomb for grass types, poisoning and nice power, but grass/steel, grass/poison, grass/rock and grass/ground laugh at it, probably Hidden Power is better.
Partners & Counters

Set Name: Banded fish
Item: Choice Band
Nature/EVs: Adamant 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 SpDef
-Earthquake
-Spark
-Stone Edge
-Revenge/Payback
Not as good as the Specs set due to less power and worse moves, but has the surprise factor. Pretty straighforward. It really only has five usable phisical moves. You may want to use Brave Nature and 0 IVs in the speed to make Revenge/Payback go last and double the power.

Set Name: Cursing you with his derp eyes
Nature/EVs: Adamant 252 Atk, 252 SpDef, 4 Def
-Curse
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge/Rock Slide
-Pain Split
Curse is your only boosting move, and you have a good special defence, so probably it's good. It boosts your Atk and Def, while you don't care at all of the speed drop. Earthquake for STAB, a rock move for great ground/rock offensive combination. Stone Edge is more powerful, but Rock Slide has better accuracy and better PP. Pain Split is used to recover health while you boost up. The EV spread is very important: Adamant and 252 EVs in the Atk are pretty much necessary because you attack stat is quite low and this heavy investment will allow you to need less curses to sweep and will increase you chances of doing some nice damage. As you're using Pain Split I recomend not to invest in the HP stat, as it is already huge. 252 EVs in SpDef maximaze your special defence more than 252 HP and allow you to fully abuse Pain Split. After one curse your stats are 359 HP, 381 Atk, 307 Def, 178 SpAtk, 297 SpDef, 66 Spe. After two curses the stats are 359 HP, 508 Atk, 410 Def, 178 SpAtk, 297 SpDef, 50 Spe.
Other Options
Too bad Spark is illegal with Curse... you can opt for Substitute instead of Pain Split. In this case, the EV spread can be switched to 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 SpDef.
Partners & Counters

The Intersect

Moveset Master
Hey hey the best one since ludicolo.

Stun-support
Nature-Relaxed
EV's - 252 hp 252 sp def 4 SP attack/def
Item: Chesto berry/lefties
Thunder wave
Rest
Scald
Earthquake/Bulldoze/earth power.

Derp-Tank
Nature - Brave/relaxed
Ev's 252 HP 200 sp def 56 attack or def
Item - Lefties
Curse
Earthquake
Revenge/Payback
Spark/Protect.

Both sets are pretty easy to get the Gist of the first is sort of a suport set and the second one is an unusual boosting stunfisk.

SwiftGrovyle

Official POTW Fact Checker
This set is interesting. I might try it.

Doubles
Item: leftovers/shell bell(?)
Modest nature, evs: 252 hp/ 131 defense / 131 sp. defense
Surf/ scald
Earth power/eq.
Discharge
Sludge wave

Obivious spammer for doubles. And it's slow, so it is great for trick room teams. But that's not all. There are 2 trick room pokes. with telepathy: Gardevoir and Musharna. Even better. Parahax and poison. While attacking. Add scald and you get to add burn to the list. 30% chance of inflicting a status while attacking... It's like a multiple-coverage tri attack. The derp has something...

Additional options for doubles
Pain split is a healing move for yourself and the team. Always useful.
Curse is additionally good for trick room. Not to mention added bulk and attack, which is good for a physical version.
Rock slide is good coverage with earthquake for a physical attacker.

I hope the next potw is something not UU or RU or NU. I vote a fighting or a ghost type from unova. Any other votes?

Ilan

here is my set I didn't see it in the first page

618.gif

annoying status inflicter
EV:252 HP, 252 DEF 4 SP.DEF
trait: static
item:leftovers
discharge
scald
yawn/toxic
pain split

well thats the most annoying set of him do damage and try to do some statuses that's all about him.
discharge to inflict paralyze with nice 30% chance to ruin special sweepers speed or just physical ones and do some damage with the 81 base s.atk .
scald the same but with burn to totally ruin physical sweepers.
yawn to force switches or to put the rivals pokemon to sleep which is awesome or you may want to ruin walls by poisoning them, with toxic.
pain split is it only kind of realible recovery move (hope he will get recover or soft boil one day)

his EV spread is like thats cause you WANT static to work so you want to switch into physical sweepers to ruin them
I didnt like it design at first but now it is an ok desing in my opinion
his stats are kind of ok works better in trick room teams his main nich is his statuses

good partner in UU are hippototas and stoutland (UU excadrill) with sand veil it may work quiet well
or alternative in OU (he CAN survive there and from experiece he is effective there) gyrados for the fact they take each other weaknesses and gyrados can abuse the paralyze, in rain teams swana
well you got me water/flying and ground/electric complete each other

would like him to have stockpile too or some defensive boosting move but oh well atleast he got some moves not like flareon and other sad pokemon who don't have even good stabs

Last edited:

Vandslaux

Lol why are we discussing that Limber's useless because he's immune to T-Wave, but they could Stun Spore him or something? His Speed is pathetic as it is.

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
Lol why are we discussing that Limber's useless because he's immune to T-Wave, but they could Stun Spore him or something? His Speed is pathetic as it is.

Because... people like discuss the useless ability. Static is always the better option. Sand Veil is only when used in Sandstorm. Funny thing is that both abilities screw with the opponent.:p

chuckeroo777

#1 Bug Type Fan
Stunfisk is better then most ranters take his for. He may be called the luvdisk of gen five, but he has quite a good typing, and great defences. He is a great swampertish pokemon in RU. He can be used very effectivly on just about any RU team. One must remember. There are no bad pokemon. Any pokemon can be good if used right. Except unown. He is REALLY bad.;201-n;

Last edited:

Gameking64

ShroudedintheForest
DERP
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature:anything Anti-Speed
EVs: Def,SpDef,not HP
Moves:EQ,TBolt,Scald,PainSplit

Partners
Use this Set with a TrickRoom Bronzong and a Landorus and Derp away

Counters
My grass types laugh at it,other grounds decimate it,and its derpness doesnt intimidate waters

Last edited:

windsong

WEST SIDE
Stunfisk is better then most ranters take his for. He may be called the luvdisk of gen five, but he has quite a good typing, and great defences. He is a great swampertish pokemon in RU. He can be used very effectivly on just about any RU team. One must remember. There are no bad pokemon. Any pokemon can be good if used right. Except unown. He is REALLY bad.;201-n;

lol

10char but seriously this post actually made me chuckle

sbktdreed

Veteran Trainer
Changes

Im sorry, I had to. Research your pokemon mechanics bro.

I stated some changes to the message. Eventhough Lunatone has Levitate and knows Ice Beam, I remove it anyway; as well as one possable moveset. FYI, I'd been playing long enough to know some things. I just focus more on straightforward moves and abilties than natures and EVs.

Last edited:

Kraleck

Because... people like discuss the useless ability. Static is always the better option. Sand Veil is only when used in Sandstorm. Funny thing is that both abilities screw with the opponent.:p

Looking at Stunfisk's Type-weaknesses - Water, Ice, Grass, and Ground - not really (too many non-contact options for those Types). Plus, contact (outside of a select-few Moves) generally means you're targetting Stunfisk's lower, rather-mediocre Defense, so you likely have 1 shot at Static without Pain Split or Rest to heal, even with Base 109 HP...or a Substitute up to block damage...

Which reminds me - Counters:
-EQ users with superior Speed (with/without Trick Room).
-STAB Psyshock users with great Sp.Atk.
-Dusknoir, Spiritomb, or Eviolite Dusclops with Pain Split (rips hard into your beefy HP) and a follow-up.
-Toxic and Ghost-Type-Curse users. Your HP is a precious asset.
-Marowak - Your Subs can be pierced hard by STAB, Thick Club Bonemerang (and it'll ignore Static).
-STAB Seed Bomb/Bullet Seed/Razor Leaf users.
-Ferrothorn - Loves Static because of its low Speed and Gyro Ball, plus STAB Grass.
-Landorus, Gliscor, Flygon, and Claydol are immune to both of your STAB Types, plus Motor Drive Emolga (when released). The 4 currently out have access to Ground STAB and Emolga could use Hidden Power for one of those types.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
AWESOME. The 'Fisk is here :D

[ Disclaimer: Sarcasm ]

Stunfisk is such an awesome Pokemon. Great HP and SDef means Blissey is jealous - as Stunfisk gets better typing - and a possibility to go offensive! In fact, I've seen so many Uber RMTs with Stunfisk in them! (One, at least) Stunfisk will be banned from OU soon, and will be battling the likes of Arceus and Palkia soon!

Hahaha. NU like Dunsparce, but still freaking awesome. OK uh...

Well, Stunfisk has decent defences of 109/84/99. These aren't shabby, but they're not "Wall" entitled. It may just be me but that 81 SAtk is a bit more appealing to be investing in a bit, as it could be played as a tank of sorts. Stunfisk also has a crazy movepool, consisting viably of Surf, Discharge, Thunderbolt, Earth Power, Rest, Pain Split, Scald, Hidden Power, Yawn, Sleep Talk, Camouflage, Curse and to a point Sludge Wave and Physical Moves(Mostly EQ and Payback).

But, of course, Stunfisk cannot be said to be a top-tier Pokemon... In any tier. It's defences are ONLY OK, and coupled with it's typing makes it a bit ill-used, and it's Offenses are positively "Meh". It could do alot of things if it's stats were a tad higher, it's typing was changed a bit or it's movepool was expanded by a smidgen, but it does not do anything worth-while as of now.

A set?

Stunfisk
Ability: Sand Veil/Static
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 SAtk
-Discharge
-Earth Power
-Rest/Power Split
-Sleep Talk/Substitute

Really the first thing that comes to my mind. a Status-Flinging trapfish that quote "smiles when it transmits electricity"? Awesome. Discharge is the stated Status-flingee, while Earth Power is another STAB that is quite useful. Then, being a "Tank", Rest and Sleep Talk are a good couple(Although I might say otherwise with them new changes if I bother to look :/) and are the soure of healing. However, if you don't like going to sleep and leaving it to chance, Power Split and Substitute make up another option, although arguably equally non-reliable.

Might post more later, I dunno.

Ilan

actually I made an unown with hidden power psychic and baton passed him 2 calm minds 2KO garchomp well it is still something..

well this fish isnt bad he is great wall especially in UU
RU is an offence he is good not too good for OU (there he can do some statuses and annoy its rival it is totally outclassed in OU by so many pokemons although he can inflict 4 statuses sleep,burn,paralyze,poisoning which might be very helpful
he is a good wall overall although it lacks some moves like recover, sleep talk, stock pile it is good to note he is outclassed by gastordon in UU in some ways but he still have it place and also an unique typing which isn't cursed like the grass/bug type.

Fast_shoesXx

Haxfisk @ Leftovers
Sand Veil
Muddy Water
Discharge
Toxic
Protect

To be used in a SS team. Muddy Water lessens your opponents accuracy (after one accuracy drop + Sand Veil, your opponent has only a 50% chance to land an attack). Discharge is for parahax - quite useful when combined with accuracy drops - and Toxic is for the ground types that cannot be paralyzed. Protect racks up SS/Toxic damage and gives Stunfisk some lefties recovery.

As for EVs... I'd say 252 HP for sure for staying power. The other EVs could be spread into Def, Sp. Def, or Sp. Att depending on your defensive preference or if you just want to hit harder. Same for natures (Bold or Calm).

Other Options:
Brightpowder to increase evasion.

Last edited:

Zachmac

^Give it thunderwave. Sand veil+Thunder wave is a great combo, or it was with t-wave t-tar+Gliscor/Garchomp.

Status
Not open for further replies.