• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #47

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Time for another Pokémon of the Week

475.png

This week we'll be doing Gallade, one of the Sinnoh Pokémon

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/475.shtml

Gallade is a pretty cool Pokémon, decent typing, decent movepool.

Go nuts, BUT STAY ON TOPIC. If you go off topic, I'll infract you

ilucado

Blaine's Style!
No. 1! I'll edit later!

Last edited:

Snorby

Snorby
1st Post that isn't an "I'll edit it later"!

Ah, Gallade. One of my favorites. Despite Being UU, he's quite an amazing pokemon. Fighting/Psychic is good typing, and it can run many sets. 125 attack is amazing, and 80 speed is nothing to horrible. with Steadfast, it gets a boost, making it somewhat useful. 68 hp and 65 defense aren't great, but 115 Sp. Defense is.

UU Lead/Swords Dancer
Gallade @ Muscle Band
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 hp
Steadfast, Adamant/Jolly

Close Combat/Drain Punch
Psycho Cut
Swords Dance
Leaf Blade/Night Slash/Stone Edge/Ice Punch

Gallade has good attack already, and Swords Dance just makes it better. CC/Drain Punch and Psycho Cut are 2 great STABs, and Pick your coverage move. The reason it's my lead is Steadfast, which is useful with all those Ambipoms in UU.

Last edited:
Third post!!!!

Gallade, a uu pokemon. very good. has access to swords dance and bulk up. Great attack and sp def. works amazing together on a bulk up set.

Gallade@Life orb/leftovers
ability: Justified/Steadfast
252 attack 252 speed 4 sp def
Adamant nature
-Bulk up
-earthquake/leaf blade/night slash/x-scissor/stone edge/psycho cut
-drain punch/close combat
-earthquake/leaf blade/night slash/x-scissor/stone edge/psycho cut

with gallade's AMAZING 115 sp def, bulk up raises it's poor defence and it's attack! drain punch works well with life orb and gets the lost hp back and it works well with lefties to wall a bit. CC is another option, but i prefer drain punch. last 2 attacks, i prefer stone edge to cover flying types and earthquake because it is just a good attack. ability, you can choose. dark type moves are uncommon, flinching.... maybe as a lead to stop the beginning fake out? pretty uncommon as well. i prefer justified though.

gallade@choice specs
ability: steadfast
252 sp attack 252 spd 4 def
Modest nature
-psychic
-focus blast
-thunderbolt
-shadow ball

i guess you can have a specs set... not very good though. no need for justified as you aren't a physical attacker... the rest is pretty straightforward.

gallade@leftovers
ability:steadfast
252 sp attack 252 def 4 spd
Modest nature
-calm mind
-psychic
-focus blast
-thunderbolt

here is a calm mind set...

gallade@choice scarf/choice band
252 attack 252 def 4 spd
ability:justified/steadfast
adamant nature
-close combat
-zen headbutt/earthquake/leaf blade/night slash/x-scissor/stone edge/psycho cut

a choice set where you get the choice of moves! ;) once again, justified is the better ability...

Last edited:

Recon

Gallade, the most physical psychic type you'll probably ever meet, next to Deoxys and Metagross. As the evolved form of a male Kirlia after using a Dawn Stone, it's base attack and special attack is swapped with Gardevoir's, but many tend to choose Gardevoir for it's looks. With a almost unique typing and a good movepool to boot, Gallade could be a pretty good Pokemon, now if only it had better stats. It also lost a lot of great moves due to the lack of move tutors in 5th gen like Drain Punch, Zen Headbutt and the elemental Punches. I would put these moves in my sets, but since some might not have access to these moves, so I purposely kept them out. However, I heard Gallade is still pretty good in UU despite all of these problems.

Ability wise, Gallade has Steadfast and Justified. You'll probably be using Steadfast as Gallade has very bad speed,and Gallade has no way of boosting his speed, which really sucks. But flinching is not as common these days unlike dark-type moves so it's really a toss up between both.

With stats, you'll want to use his Attack, no way around it. His special defense is pretty good too, but you're likely going to try to go for a sweeper Gallade so raising it is kind of pointless.

Now onto the sets!

Critical Here, Critical There, Critical Everywhere!
-Psycho Cut
-Stone Edge
-Night Slash
-Leaf Blade/Close Combat
Item: Scope Lens or Life Orb
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Sp. Def
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Steadfast or Justified

This set basically uses the best critical moves Gallade has to offer. Chance will play a big role in this, but with Scope Lens, those criticals might hit more often, unless you go with Life Orb and try to hurt the other guy as much as you can. Psycho Cut is your STAB move, Stone Edge and Night Slash counters Flying-types and Ghost-types, both of which hit Super Effective against Gallade and offer Critical-hit chances. The last slot is up to you, Leaf Blade is the most powerful critical-hit move Gallade has with 90 base attack, but Close Combat has STAB and offers extra power but with a decrease in your defenses. You can go either way with abilities and you'll want a good Attack and Speed stat in your Gallade so he can hit things fast and hard.

FEEL THE POWER!
-Swords Dance
-Psycho Cut
-Earthquake/Stone Edge/Night Slash/Close Combat/Leaf Blade/Shadow Sneak
-Earthquake/Stone Edge/Night Slash/Close Combat/Leaf Blade/Shadow Sneak
Item: Life Orb
EVs: 252 Attack 252 Speed, 4 Sp. Def
Nature: Adamant
Your basic sweeping set. Swords Dance is a MUST HAVE in this set, who doesn't want that extra power in their attack? Psycho Cut has to be in since it's a great STAB move. Now the last two slots are tricky. Earthquake is arguably the best physical attack in One-on-One battles as it carries no downsides except it can't hit Levitaters or Flying-types. Stone Edge has that raw power, flying-type counter, and critical chance, but it isn't as accurate as your other options. Night Slash has that critical possibility and works great on Ghost-types, but is your weakest option. Close Combat has STAB and is powerful but comes with that awful drop in your Already Low Defense, which many will target mind you. Leaf Blade is an option once again since it hits hard, its accurate, and has a critical chance. Shadow Sneak is a priority move, so if you know you're about to faint, then why not hit them one last time before you go down? Life Orb gives you EVEN MORE power and your nature and EVs do the same. Justified also grants you that bonus attack but you're probably getting it from Swords dance already so there's really no need, while Steadfast gives that boost in speed.

Choice, need I say more?
-Psycho Cut
-Close Combat
-Earthquake/Stone Edge/Night Slash/Leaf Blade
-Earthquake/Stone Edge/Night Slash/Leaf Blade
Item: Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Attack 252 Speed 4 Sp. Def
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Ability: Justified/Steadfast
Choice set. Use the scarf so you can bring up your abysmal speed, you don't need the extra attack. Psycho Cut and Close Combat are your STABs, While you can choose between Earthquake, Stone Edge, Night Slash or Leaf Blade for your last two slots. The same reasons for the previous set apply here. Put EVs in Attack and Special Attack. Nature-wise, if you want speed, go with Jolly, if you want attack, go with Adamant. Abilities, either one works, it depends on your preference and luck.

Last edited:

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
Gallade is awesome but it's too bad it's outclassed by Medicham when it comes to Psychic/Fighting types although it has a great movepool.

It's got 2 abilities: Steadfast and Justified.
Steadfast raises it's Speed by 1 each time it gets Flinched. Not too useful of an ability.
Justified raises it's Attack by 1 each time it is hit with at Dark Move. Definitely the better of the 2 though it takes neutral from Dark and with it's low Defence, it won't be able to take much hits for this to be useful. Although Special Defence is good. Remember: It does NOT negate damage from Dark Moves.

I'm not much of a competitive battler so I can't really write up a set here. Just wanted to write about it's abilities that's all.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
Gallade is awesome but it's too bad it's outclassed by Medicham when it comes to Psychic/Fighting types although it has a great movepool.

It's got 2 abilities: Steadfast and Justified.
Steadfast raises it's Speed by 1 each time it gets Flinched. Not too useful of an ability.
Justified raises it's Attack by 1 each time it is hit with at Dark Move. Definitely the better of the 2 though it takes neutral from Dark and with it's low Defence, it won't be able to take much hits for this to be useful. Although Special Defence is good. Remember: It does NOT negate damage from Dark Moves.

I'm not much of a competitive battler so I can't really write up a set here. Just wanted to write about it's abilities that's all.

I disagree, Steadfast is a great ability if you can get it switched in on an opponent that will always use Fake Out.

In doubles Steadfast is even better because you can just pair it with Weavile or Ambipom and speed boost it youself (although purposefully taking damage IS kind of iffy)

grantholomew

accually is dolan
I love Gallade. He’s got awesome typing and moves, but he’s punished by his Defense and Speed. Gallade was made to survive special attacks but not physical ones, and his speed is rather low compared to all the other Pokémon that rely on their high speed. He’s not really slow, but he just is compared to almost everything that outclasses him. That doesn’t stop him from being awesome.
475.gif

Sir Gallade of the Order
Gallade @ Choice Band/Choice Scarf/Expert Belt
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)/Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Psycho Cut
- Close Combat/Drain Punch
- Stone Edge/Ice Punch/Night Slash/Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
This is an all-out attack set. Psycho Cut is STAB. Close Combat is for great STAB. However, Drain Punch is a good alternative that heals and does not lower defenses, but it is a significant drop in power, and you can only have it from a 4th generation Gallade, meaning you can’t have Justified, the better ability. The third move is for coverage. Stone Edge is super effective against Gallade’s flying foes, while Ice Punch is super duper effective against Dragonite and Gliscor. Night Slash, on the other hand, is super effective against Gallade’s Ghost type fiends, but is less likely because Psycho Cut and Close Combat have good enough coverage (unless you’re against a Sableye or Spiritomb). Shadow Sneak is also an option because it bypasses his speed and is super effective against Ghost-types. Justified is the better ability as flinching moves are less common than Dark-type moves, who will target Gallade due to his Psychic-type, but he is not weak to thanks to his Fighting-type. Item depends on your preference: Choice Band raises Attack making all moves hurt, while Choice Scarf makes Gallade incredibly fast. Expert Belt helps because Gallade’s movepool has excellent super effective coverage.

Last edited:

Ilan

well gallade we have a psychic/fighting pokemon the good side of this typing is that it leaves very little weaknesses (flying and ghost) but only 2 restistances (to fighting and rock key resistances! being restistant to both terrakions stabs) and have good coverage with his STABS.

statwise we have a special bulky pokemon with whooping 115 special defense and really good 125 attack his speed is average at most meaning you won't outspeed too much stuff, the defence is bad with 65 but you can boost it 68 HP... could be better but could be worse passable..

abilities: steadfast is good against jirachi/togekiss and fake out users +1 in speed is almost always good (except in trick room)

justified: beinng neutral to dark type.. it isn't the best ability to have but it occasionally can raise your attack which is nice.

some sets:

Bulk Up
@leftovers/lum berry
ability:steadfast (justified is illegal with drain punch)
nature:impish/adamant
EV: 252 HP, 252 sp.defense, 4 defence/attack (depending on nature)
Bulk Up
Drain Punch
Stone edge/psycho cut
leaf Blade/shadow sneak

Bulk up boosts your attack and inferior defense which make you more bulky (bulk up sure..) and stronger in the same time. drain punch is your move of choice cause it recovers health and it got boosted this gen, stone edge is good against flying types who think they switch to a drain punch, psycho cut is your other STAB.
leaf blade is for all those bulky waters in OU jellicent,vaporeon,politoed,gastordon- those guys

shadow sneak is your priority move which is nice to have for finishing off stuff..
lum berry is an option cause I saw like 4 videos of a burned gallade it is a burn magnet better have something to stop it.

Swords dance
@life orb
ability: steadfast/justified
nature: jolly
EV: 252 attack,252 speed,4 HP
Swords dance
close combat
psycho cut/shadow sneak
stone edge

this set is all about power swords dance boost you base 125 to base 250 attack (teorically) (698 base attack with 31 IVs)

close combat is a good move with 180 attack (after stab) that can beat almost anything. psysho cut give you a strong stab while shadow sneak gives you priority
stone edge is for stuff like volcarona and other fire types.

Choice scarf
@choice scarf
ability: justified
nature:adamant
EV: 252 speed, 252 attack, 4 HP
Close Combat
stone edge
psycho cut
leaf blade

Again I explained what those moves are for switch in hit hard switch out with hippotetical base 120 you outspeed most none scarfed pokemons on OU.

with choice band use the same set but put shasdow sneak somewhere on the set.

Recon

I love Gallade. He’s got awesome typing and moves, but he’s punished by his Defense and Speed. Gallade was made to survive special attacks but not physical ones, and his speed is rather low compared to all the other Pokémon that rely on their high speed. He’s not really slow, but he just is compared to almost everything that outclasses him. That doesn’t stop him from being awesome.
Sir Gallade of the Order
Gallade @ Choice Band/Choice Scarf/Expert Belt
Trait: Justified
Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)/Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Psycho Cut
- Close Combat/Drain Punch
- Stone Edge/Ice Punch/Night Slash/Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance
This is an all-out attack set. Psycho Cut is STAB. Close Combat is for great STAB. However, Drain Punch is a good alternative that heals and does not lower defenses, but it is a significant drop in power, and you can only have it from a 4th generation Gallade, meaning you can’t have Justified, the better ability. The third move is for coverage. Stone Edge is super effective against Gallade’s flying foes, while Ice Punch is super duper effective against Dragonite and Gliscor. Night Slash, on the other hand, is super effective against Gallade’s Ghost type fiends, but is less likely because Psycho Cut and Close Combat have good enough coverage (unless you’re against a Sableye or Spiritomb). Shadow Sneak is also an option because it bypasses his speed and is super effective against Ghost-types. Justified is the better ability as flinching moves are less common than Dark-type moves, who will target Gallade due to his Psychic-type, but he is not weak to thanks to his Fighting-type. Item depends on your preference: Choice Band raises Attack making all moves hurt, while Choice Scarf makes Gallade incredibly fast. Expert Belt helps because Gallade’s movepool has excellent super effective coverage.

I noticed you put Shadow Claw in your set, but Gallade can't learn Shadow Claw. Did you mean to put Shadow Sneak instead?

rcyzhang

Lay it on gallade

No. 1! I'll edit later!

You see, sinoh pokemon, i wouldn't mind killinng them all. The only good one, or decent looking one, is gallade. i agree that my pokemon is not glitched or drones but this is one good pokemon......... a moveset is
Thunder punch
fire punch
ice punch
drain punch

all the elemental punches plus a healig move :p thanx for reading....... any questions, send me a serebii emaill or soething......... i have no idea.........

10speed12

Ability:Justified
Nature: Naughty
EVs:252 attack, 252 speed,4 hp
Item:expert belt/life orb
Moves:Swords Dance
Close combat/brick Break
Psycho cut
Leaf blade/night slash

Striker X

Certified dumb user
Sir helpsalot

Gallade@Focus sash
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Hp, 6 attack, 252 speed
Nature: Jolly (+Speed, -Sp.Attack)

Drain punch
Thunder wave
Will-o-Wisp
Pain split

May seem frail, but holy moley, this set has helped me out SO MUCH. This Gallade is just a basic support Gallade, but it's amazing. Tyranitar's sandstorm or Abomasnow's hail may ruin Focus sash, but STAB Drain punch fixes that right up, or if you feel uncomfortable with Drain punch, make T-tar a set-up for your whole team with Will-o-wisp! This set also ruins certain ubers who think they can set up on Gallade (Hi Garchomp!). Pain split is for certain situations, like against a paralyzed multiscale Dragonite when focus sash activates (pretty common situation if focus sash has not already activated), or against a bold, defensively based, eviolite Chansey. This thing is basically a set-up for the rest of your team, or even a sweeper if you're faced with other supporters.

Rate out of 10 :)

Kraleck

Move Options
-Abilities are interesting choices here. Steadfast works, but you'll also be helpless for a turn when you Flinch (bad for Multi). Justified doesn't leave you helpless, but only works with one Move Type.
-High-Critical Moves are in abundance with Gallade. Leaf Blade, Slash, Night Slash, STAB Psycho Cut, and Stone Edge are all at your disposal.
-Priority is also in your arsenal. Feint and Shadow Sneak are both options for chipping and revenge KO.
-Will-o-Wisp and Toxic are options few people expect from an offensive Pokemon like Gallade. Can really throw opponents off guard.
-Bulldoze and EQ give you half of the Rock+Ground combo. Bulldoze helps lower the opponent's Speed and EQ is raw power.

Fighting STAB options:
-Yes, I've dedicated a whole category to one of Gallade's STABs. I've analyzed quite a few situation to aid this Type. When you need to get past a Dark Type that's hassling you with Psychic immunity, you'll need to know your options.
-Low Sweep allows you to use your average Speed (Base 80 in my book is Average for non-HP stats) without too much issue. It can cripple many speedsters if you can get a clean hit in (such as after a Steadfast boost).
-Close Combat is raw power with a cut to both defenses. While you can't take a Physical hit anyway, it does lower your survivability on the Special side. This isn't much of a deterrent after a Justified boost, though.
-Brick Break is great for those pesky screeners. More power than Low Sweep and none of the drawback of CC allows you to get better power and consistent survivability.
-Rock Smash may be pitifully weak, but the chance of a Defense debuff allows you to deal a little damage now and hit harder with another Move without spending a turn risking getting KO'd to buff up with Swords Dance. If your opponent has Sturdy (quite likely with Rock Types), it will survive a hit from a Swords Dance-boosted Fighting Move at full health, but may not survive a Rock Smash-aided one.

Foe Type Issues
-Looking at Gallade's Speed and Dual-Type, you may need to beware of certain Pokemon, even if one of your Types handles the other's counters.
-Certain Dark Types like Weavile, Sharpedo, Drapion, and Krookodile carry better Base Speed and mainly use Physical Moves. If you've got a chance to use a Psychic Type Move, beware of these 4 getting a free switch-in.
-Most Ghost Types are either faster or have high Defense. Since their STAB is Super-Effective, you have to tread lightly, even with Shadow Sneak on your side. Cofagrigus, Pressure-tomb, Eviolite-clops, and Dusknoir are particularly nasty because of their Abilities.
-Honchkrow, Mandibuzz, and Skuntank are threats relatively-equal to Gallade when Gallade is their opponent. Honchkrow and Mandi' have Flying STAB, Skuntank has Aftermath potential, all 3 have Dark STAB, all 3 are immune to your Psychic STAB, and all 3 are neutral to your Fighting STAB.
-Xatu, Swoobat, and Sigilyph (among most other Psychic Types) resist both of your STABs and outrun you, but Shadow Sneak, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, Ice Punch, Night Slash, and Thunderpunch allow you to handle them. Most have low Defense, but a few can wreak havoc on your low Defense, too.

grantholomew

accually is dolan
I noticed you put Shadow Claw in your set, but Gallade can't learn Shadow Claw. Did you mean to put Shadow Sneak instead?

Whoops yeah, that should be Shadow Sneak.

Wire

Banned
One of the first

Not really lol.

Bulk-Upy.
-Bulk up
-psycho cut/night slash
-drain punch
-substitute/ice punch
Item:leftovers/lum berry
252 HP, 40 attack, 216 SpD, 12 Spe
This is ally the best gallade can do, taking advantage of his monstrous SpD stat and attack by making him very bulky. Remember this set is for RU, so shadow sneak isn't viable at all really. As for attacking moves drain punch is the best, being STAB na recovery. Psycho cut would be the other STAB, but night slash can be used to hit cofagrigius hard. Substitute allows gallade to bulk up safely, but ice punch let's him have increased coverage to hit things like lilligant much harder. Leftovers is the best item, but lum berry is goodif you are using substiute

Last edited:

Star Champion AJ

;475;
Gallade, one of my favourite Sinnoh Pokémon and personally, he has a better design than Gardevoir.

Pros: High Attack (125) and high Sp. Def. (115) stats, nice design, decent typing giving him only two weakness (Flying and Ghost), nice movepool and Stealth Rock resistance.
Cons: Low HP (68), Defence (65) and a not-so good Speed (80, however you can increase it with Steadfast), lack of Sniper and Super Luck abilities (which would fit better than Steadfast and Justified).

Abilities: Considering Gallade doesn't have access to Sniper and Super Luck (would be nice for him) we have to deal with Steadfast and Justified.
Steadfast: Every time Gallade flinches, his Speed raises one level.
Considering Gallade's Speed isn't very high, this ability can come in handy.
Justified: If Gallade is hit with a Dark-type move, his Attack raises one level.
If Gallade took only half damage from Dark-type moves, this ability could be nice, however, since Gallade can't boost his Speed, I stick with Steadfast.

Critical hits are your bff, NOT Paris Hilton!
Psycho Cut
Night Slash
Stone Edge
Leaf Blade/ Close Combat
Item: Scope Lens
Ability: Steadfast/Justified
Nature: Adamant (+Atk/-Sp.Atk.)
This set uses four nice moves with a high chance of scoring a Critical hit (with Sniper or Super Luck, Gallade could increase damage done from Criticals or increasing the odds of scoring Criticals)
Psycho Cut is your STAB move, while Night Slash and Stone Edge covers Ghost and Flying opposition respectively. For your last slot you can choose between Close Combat (for another STAB) or Leaf Blade (for Critical hits)
Scope Lens increases the odds off getting Critical hits.

;475; Covering your item needs.
Psycho Cut
Close Combat
Night Slash
Stone Edge
Item: Choice Band/Choice Scarf/Expert Belt/Leftovers/Life Orb/Muscle Band
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
Nature: Adamant (+Atk/-Sp.Atk)
Psycho Cut and Close Combat are your STAB moves and Night Slash and Stone Edge cover Gallade's main weaknesses and have nice type coverage.
About your item choice you can choose one of the following items:
Choice Band/Choice Scarf: Boosts Attack (Band) or Speed (Scarf) at the expense of locking your Pokémon into using the same move over and over. Ideal for a hit and run strategy (beware of entry hazards like Spikes or Toxic Spikes),
Leftovers: Gradually recovers Gallade's HP. Nicely useful,
Life Orb: Boosts your Attack and Sp.Atk. at the cost of taking recoil every time you attack. Not very recommended if you don't like recoil damage,
Expert Belt/Muscle Band: IMO I prefer these two items over Choice items and Life Orb for two reasons (First, surprising your opponent, making them thinking you are using a Choice Item and second, I don't like being forced to use the same move over and over, mainly if the opponents switch Pokémon and I don't like Life Orb's side effect). About Expert Belt, super-effective moves get a slight boost (can be useful with this set) and Muscle Band slightly boosts the power of physical moves without the side effects of Choice items and Life Orb's recoil.

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
I Choose To Be Awesome

Item: Choice Scarf / Band
Ability: Justified / Steadfast
EVs: 252 Att, 4 S.Def, 252 Spd
Nature: Jolly (+Spd, -S.Att)

- Close Combat / Drain Punch
- Psycho Cut
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide/ Ice Punch
- Shadow Sneak

Close Combat is the powerful STAB, but Drain Punch could be used too if you want to fancy, especially now that it is stronger. Psycho Cut is more handy this generation with all the fighting types menacing all over the place. Stone Edge, Rock Slide and Ice Punch are for coverage and Shadow Sneak is good against glass cannons that that are faster than you.

Band or Scarf depends on whther you want to emphasize on Gallade's awesome Att stat or his non-cutting-edge 284 Speed (With Jolly). Steadfast is more reliable, but Justified should be considered too. Gallade has good S.Def, meaning it can take a Dark Pulse and become stronger.

Annoyllade

Item: Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spd, 4 S.Def, 252 HP Spd
Nature: Jolly (+Spd, -S.Att)

- Destiny Bond
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

This Gallade likes to play with it's enemies. Trick gives a choice scarf to those that don't need it. Taunt messes up walls and stat boosters. Will-O-Wisp ruins Physical sweepers and tanks. Destiny bond takes the foe with you when you know you are going down.

Last edited:

EmeraldGoblin

Rehab, no. Dead.
475-1-1.png

Gallade doesnt really stand out as a very usable fighting pokemon, as it has a low base speed of 80, and mostly all other fighting types out run him. To focus on Gallade's strong points, then will-o-wisp is something to consider, along with a priority move of shadow sneak, which is the only thing that really sets it apart from other fighting types. Moreover, the dream world ability, Justified that he obtains his very useful for Gallede as it can boost his attack by +1 for every time he gets hit by a dark move., Although Gallade could use a bit more of speed, its attack is not forgettable at 125, and his special defense is really good for bulg at 115. The best way to take advantage of Gallede's assets would be using Bulk up and Drain punch, as every bulk up will boost his defense and attack, and which point it would be very hard to take down in the lower tiers.

475.png

Gallade@Leftovers
EVs: 240 Hp/ 40 Atk/ 216 SpDef/ 12 Spe
Nature: Careful (+SpDef, -SpAtk)
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Stone Edge/Ice Punch
-Shadow Sneak

(This set works very well for RU) The set works very simple, bulk up a couple of times, and as your health goes down, drain punch will help you attack and gain some health back, and I can assure you that Clefable, Krokodile, crawdaunt, sharpedo, omastar, Kabutops, Aggron and ferroseed wont be enjoying it. Stone Edge could be particularity good for taking down a Moltres if it decides to switch in directly, Honchcrow, Entei, and any other fire or flying type. Then again, Ice Punch can pack some strength after a couple of boosts to take down Claydol, Gligar, and Victreebel. To top it off, Shadow Sneak works great because it can pick off weakened pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.