• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #51

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilan

didn't checked at all sorry about that...here: 229*2.25=515 attack

still sucks in OU just use mamoswine if you want an CB ice sharder stronger and can take a hit

using delibird in OU is still laugable saying it can beat dragonite is like saying flareon beats ferrothorn..

Last edited:

Psycho Cut

Why not just use Piloswine? Effectively the same attack, but STAB EQ, better defenses and.. well pretty much better in every way.
Piloswine isn't as Christmasy. Duh.

Soperman

The One and Only
;225;Deilibird. Who doesn't love him. This guy has so many random moves, it doesn't even make sense. Why Splash and Rapid Spin? How can he learn Seed Bomb or Gunk Shot? Whatever, it makes him a bit more gimmicky ;)
Anyway, although I'm a bit late to create some sets, imma do it anyway :D

Abilities:
Vital Spirit: You can't fall asleep.
Hustle: Boosts Attack, but only 80% accuracy. Basically his only good ability.
Insmonia (Hidden): Thanks a bunch, GameFreak, for giving Delibird two abilities that do exactly the same thing.

I can deliver presents in a Blizzard!
- Blizzard
- Toxic
- Water Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Item: Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs and Nature: Modest (+Sp. Atk, -Atk)
4 Hp/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd
Blizzspam in the Snow. Nothing else to it. Toxic just cuz I can. Water Pulse to take out Fire and Rock types. Hidden Power [Fire] for coverage

Every day I'm hustling
- Ice Punch
- Brick Break
- Pluck
- Fake Out/Seed Bomb/Ice Shard
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
EVs and Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)
4 Hp/ 252 Attack/252 Speed
Hustle set. Ice Punch for STAB, and so is Pluck. Pluck over Aerial Ace cuz you eat berries. Brick Break for coverage. The last move is whatever you want to use. Fake Out as a lead, Seed Bomb is more coverage, Ice Shard is priority. Tbh, I would choose Ice Shard.

Don't even think about using Delibird in Doubles and Triples. Just don't.

Partners
Abomasnow is always nice. Besides him, you need spinners. Wartortle has worked astonishingly well for spinning and taking out counters for Delibird. Screens will help, as Delibird has really low Defenses.

Countering Deribado
If you can survive any of his attacks (which is really likely), you can kill it. Its Defenses are horrid, so almost anything that does neutral damage or more will kill it. Every single Fire type, bar Camerupt, will defeat this guy. Most Rock types kill it. Steel types wall this guy to death. So do Water types. Delibird isn't very hard to beat.
;225;

I still say this thing needs Wonderguard or Pure Power to be even remotely usable.

.. and Pure Power probably wouldn't even be enough.

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
I still say this thing needs Wonderguard or Pure Power to be even remotely usable.

.. and Pure Power probably wouldn't even be enough.
Or a signature move called Christmas Beam, a 100% Acc Ice Type Special move which varies in base power (from 1 to 150) depending on what time of year it was. The closer it gets to chrismas, the higher it's BP.

Zachmac

Or a signature move called Christmas Beam, a 100% Acc Ice Type Special move which varies in base power (from 1 to 150) depending on what time of year it was. The closer it gets to chrismas, the higher it's BP.
Just edit your DS clock...

And I don't think that would make it competitively useful. It's stats and typing are just too awful.

Rayofquazar

I like delibird...I mean it's based on santa! The red body, te white beard and even the tail that can be held as a bag filled with present!

OK competitively it sucks but not every pokemon is meant to be good in that domain! The movepool by itself shows that! It can learn only present by leveling up and splash by breeding and it's other options are not that better!

Anyway... Hustle is a good ability and Vital spirit/Insomnia are practically the same with situational usage. Despite having almost the same bad stats in ATT and Sp ATT it cannot be a mixed sweeper. The physical moveset with hustle can include the moves: Return, Brick break, Aerial ace, Ice punch, Ice shard, Seed bomb. There are some other moves but those are the best.
It's special moveset with Vital spirit/Insomnia can include: Ice beam, Blizzard, Frost breath, Signal beam, Hidden power and water pulse with no other decent moves. It's other moves can be in the moveset like Endure, Toxic, Hail, and "Substitute".

Delibird is a litterally cool pokemon but not good in the competitive scene even in the low tiers.

TVSmasher66

The Other Gyarados
I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MY ENTIRE LIFE.

OK, as my friends know, Delibird is my mascot, my favorite Pokemon, etc. Sadly, he's impossible to use competitivly. Luckily, in NU, play your cards right and he can be a great Pokemon. NU wise he's a tiny bit bulky, so if you want to play defensive line, do it.

ToxiStall
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo/Insomnia
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252hp/126df/126sdf
~Substitute
~Toxic
~Ice Punch/Roost
~Aurora Beam

This is a custom set. Delibird is tough to pull of like this, but CAN be pulled off. Sub +Toxic can keep him alive for awhile. He also has a decent Attack NU wise. So, play your cards right and you can win. Just don't fold...

Partners:
Snover for hail support.That's all I got. :O

Last edited:

Zachmac

NU wise he's a bit bulky, so if you want to play defensive line, do it.
Not even a bit bulky. Contrary to popular belief, NU isn't really the luvdisc's hideaway. Sawk has base 125 attack, while Absol has 130. Beheeyem has base 125 special attack. Amoongus has base 114 HP. Metang reaches 354 defense without any defense EVs or a beneficial nature. Articuno has 90/100/125 defenses. Delibird has 45 HP, 45 defense, and 45 special defense. How is that in any way bulky?

Delibird is as frail as heck, even when fighting in NU. Sure, NU has lots of pokemon with similar stats to it, but are anyone going to use those?

Last edited:

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer

Nah, everybody who doesn't celebrate Christmas would complain. ... I bet they don't celebrate Christmas because Delibird's associated with it.

Vandslaux

If that move was made, Delibird would, at least, be decent in NU. Maybe.

Ilan

Nah, everybody who doesn't celebrate Christmas would complain. ... I bet they don't celebrate Christmas because Delibird's associated with it.

Or cause not all the world are christians..

There need to be hitmontop for hannukah... next year

delibird won't be good even with a V-create variant

Zachmac

Would gunk shot hit anything for delibird, or is that useless on it? I can't think of anything, but 120 base power is still worth a shot.
Or cause not all the world are christians..
I'm atheist and I celebrate Christmas, more of a familial tradition rather then religious.
If that move was made, Delibird would, at least, be decent in NU. Maybe.
Probably not.

Vandslaux

Would gunk shot hit anything for delibird, or is that useless on it? I can't think of anything, but 120 base power is still worth a shot.I'm atheist and I celebrate Christmas, more of a familial tradition rather then religious.Probably not.

It hits harder on Grass-types than STAB Ice Punch, but only slightly, 112v120, and you get better coverage with Ice Punch. Not saying you would ever use Delibird.

Ilan

It hits harder on Grass-types than STAB Ice Punch, but only slightly, 112v120, and you get better coverage with Ice Punch. Not saying you would ever use Delibird.

Not only this but also it never gonna hit with hustle with 70% accuracy it have 56 accuracy..

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MY ENTIRE LIFE.

OK, as my friends know, Delibird is my mascot, my favorite Pokemon, etc. Sadly, he's impossible to use competitivly. Luckily, in NU, play your cards right and he can be a great Pokemon. NU wise he's a bit bulky, so if you want to play defensive line, do it.

ToxiStall
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo/Insomnia
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252hp/126df/126sdf
~Substitute
~Toxic
~Ice Punch/Roost
~Aurora Beam

This is a custom set. Delibird is tough to pull of like this, but CAN be pulled off. Sub +Toxic can keep him alive for awhile. He also has a decent Attack NU wise. So, play your cards right and you can win. Just don't fold...

Substitute and Focus Sash on the same set? I don't think so.

NMx13

Delibird

Delivery Bird (Lead)
Ability: Insomnia
Item: Focus Sash
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
EVs: 252 SpA/ 4 SpD/ 252 Spd
-Protect/Fake Out
-Hp Grass
-Ice Beam
-Rapid Spin

Note: Delibird has access to Counter, but it is illegal with Insomnia