• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #52

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Right guys, time for the Pokémon that will go live on January 1st.

151.png

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/151.shtml

Mew is amazing. Massive movepool. It can do just about anything so I wish for you to all to be as imaginative as possible

Go nuts.

Merry Christmas

Ilan

*Placeholder*

spam.. jk

yay mew

abilities: synchronize- nice ability overall not too good but it is nice to make some pokemos poison/burn/pralyze themselves

here is a nice set I came up with

Nasty plot sweeper
@leftovers/life orb
ability:synchronize
nature:timid
EVs: 252 sp.attack, 252 speed, 4 defense
Nasty plot
Psychic/Psychock
shadow ball/soft boiled
aura sphere

nasty plot set as mew is naturally bulky (100/100/100) especially in UU it can sweep nicely
nasty plot doubles your decent sp.attack which is nice, psychic vs psychock for breaking walls or pure power
shadow ball gives good coverage on psychics but soft boil get you longetivity, aura sphere is awesome cause it hits steels hard.

Support
@leftovers
ability: synchronize
nature:timid
EVs: 252 HP, 252 sp.defence, 4 speed
Taunt
Softboiled
will o wisp/Toxic
Psychic/aura sphere

a bulky mew set, Taunt stop lot of stuff from setting up, softboiled get you health, will o wisp burn all those physical attackers and especially honchkro who is dying to use sucker punch but it won't use it,Toxic hell bringing off walls, psychic is STAB and it is good for a hit better used with will o wisp, aura sphere is to hit steels who are immune to toxic.

counters and checks:
on attacking sets sucker punch users like honchkro deal huge chuncks of damage, on support set things like weavile or heracross can hit hard enough to bring mew down in OU tyranitar,volcarona,latios,gengar,jellicent maybe it's the reason it is in UU.

Last edited:
For the record, the above post was blank when I started writing this. :p Anyways, I'll just throw this one out there. Merry Christmas!

Mew@Leftovers
Timid
Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP, 80 Def, 176 Spe
Moves:
-Psychic/Dragon Tail/Seismic Toss
-Will-O-Wisp
-Taunt
-Roost

The stallbreaker Mew that we all know and love...or hate...or both. Taunt, Will-O-Wisp, and Roost let Mew shut down and stall out an impressive number of Pokemon. This set is specifically designed for UU, but it works fantastically in OU as well. In fact, specially defensive Jirachi and Mew wall a ton of stuff just on their own. The offensive move really comes down to preference, to be honest. Psychic gets STAB, giving it decent power even without investment. Seismic Toss is more reliable overall, since Psychic may become a deadweight if put up against a Steel or Dark type or such. Dragon Tail is a neat little option that I've tried before. It's not the most powerful thing in the world, but it lets you shuffle around your opponent's team and burn more stuff. Just change Timid to Jolly.

As a side note, if you plan to use this set in OU, I recommend an EV spread change. Similar to the one from the Smogon page, try 252 HP, 240 Def, 16 Spe. 16 Spe to outspeed Adamant Breloom and Cloyster, since +0 Jolly Tyranitar is hard to come by, and running 36 to outspeed the standard 32 Spe Gliscor/Jirachi/Mew/etc. sets is just speed creeping. The defense EVs allow Mew to tank more physical hits, since even with Will-O-Wisp, it's not perfectly safe. I've also found that going all out and running max speed is actually pretty useful at times for catching Pokemon like MixMence off guard.

TVSmasher66

The Other Gyarados
Uber Lead
Item: Lum Berry
Nature: Jolly
252 HP/4 Defense/252 Speed
~Stealth Rock
~Taunt/Magic Coat
~U-Turn
~Fake Out/Magic Coat

You lead, you set up rocks, you U-turn, and if you want Fake out. What more info do you need?

Last edited:

Vandslaux

Mew is so unpredictable it's not even funny. SD, Nasty Plot, CM, Bulk Up, Rock Polish, stallbreaker, Baton Pass, support, It's insanely unpredictible.

DragonA7X

BASSHOLE
I've never really used mew before but here is my idea on what it's set should be.

Special
Item: Life Orb/ Leftovers
Nature: Timid
Aura Sphere
Nasty Plot
Shadow Ball/ Dark Pulse
Psychic/Ice Beam/ Grass Knot
252 Special Attack Evs/ 252 Speed Evs/ 4 Hp Evs

Nasty Plot is here to boost your special attack to high levels. Aura Sphere to defeat those pesky dark types and steel types and it never misses. Shadow Ball helps deal with other psychics and ghost types, or you can use dark pulse for the flinch chance. And pyschic is there for STAB or you could go with ice beam to deal with grass and dragon or grass knot for kyogre.
Oh yeah, one last thing... Merry Christmas to all!

Last edited:

UsernameSayWha?

Hates Hidden Power
SubCM Mew can set up on all the stall teams in the UU metagame. It takes a while to set up, but, it does pay off. Sorta like SubCM Latias. But Pink and sorta freaky.

SubCM
Mew @ Leftovers
Synchronize
Timid/Modest (Modest not reccomended
252 HP/252 Spe/4 SpD
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast/Hidden Power Fire

Zachmac

I've never really used mew before but here is my idea on what it's set should be.

Special
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Timid
Aura Sphere
Nasty Plot
Shadow Ball
Psychic/Ice Beam/ Grass Knot
252 Special Attack Evs/ 252 Speed Evs/ 4 Hp Evs

Nasty Plot is here to boost your special attack to high levels. Aura Sphere to defeat those pesky dark types and steel types and it never misses. Shadow Ball helps deal with other psychics and ghost types. And pyschic is there for STAB or you could go with ice beam to deal with grass and dragon or grass knot for kyogre.
Oh yeah, one last thing... Merry Christmas to all!
Though Dark Pulse could be used over Shadow Ball, for the flinch chance. Leftovers could work over life orb as well, since Mew is a bulkier sweeper.

Sevans

Battle Subway Boss
Mew has always been one of my favorite pokémon. Not necessarily from a competitive view, but from it's attitude in all the movies and its playful spirit.
Therefore, I have some odd sets below... things that almost no one will expect.

BTW, I don't feel like rewriting synchronize, but it is its only ability, so it is assumed for all sets.

Looks Like a Ditto To Me
Mew @ Choice Scarf
Modest/Timid
252HP/?SpA/?Spe
-Transform
-Psychic/Psyshock/Ice Beam
-Aura Sphere/Focus Blast
-Thunderbolt/Flamethrower/Ice Beam/Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse

So, you've heard about DW Ditto imposter, and transforming on the switch in right? Also, that some pokémon can beat ditto 1v1 because it is a version of themself with LESS HP. Well Mew gets 404 HP.... Having more than many things. Mew won't necessarily be as good as ditto for taking a sweeper's boosts, but Mew can be more reliable when you aren't faced with a boost sweeper. Transform for taking the opponents type and moves. It seems gimmicky, but it should be used mainly when the opponent can't hit "itself" super-effectively, or when the move they'd use to do that won't be used on mew. The other moves seem like slashitis, but there are just so many options. Psychic move of choice for STAB. Ice Beam because dragons like to use dragon moves to sweep, and that will hit you super-effectively if you transform. Aura Sphere/Focus Blast for a good fighting move to hit mew's dark type counters. Flamethrower for Scizor and co. Thunderbolt can be paired with ice beam for good coverage. Shadow Ball hits Mew's ghost counters and gets perfect coverage with fighting move. Dark Pulse also hits the ghost counters, but doesn't get perfect coverage.

Defensive Baton Passer
Mew @ Leftovers
Timid/Jolly
252HP/4something/252Spe
-Barrier
-Amnesia
-Baton Pass
-move of choice. Depends on what your team needs. I use Stealth Rock.

The main idea here is to come in on an attack you resist (if possible) or come in after one of your pokémon faint. Next, use the defensive boosting move based on your current opponent. For Example, when versing a Scizor, you should use Barrier. After one defense boost, Mew only takes around 100 damage from a SE attack! If your opponent switches, use the other boosting move. Then Baton Pass to something that likes defense boosts and has good offensive power (or not. However offensive power is usually better so your opponent has less chances to crit your pokémon.). The last move is open. I use steath rock because my team needs it. You could use Rock Polish or an attack boosting move. You could also use an attack, in which case that should decide the nature.

Wow. I just looked through Mew's moves. There is NO WAY I'm spending the time to write up all the possible sets.
Reno, Mew difinitely deserves at least 6 or 7 sets on the POTW writup.
That's all I have to say except.....

Additional Options
EVERYTHING THAT WAS EVER A TM OR HM SINCE 3RD GEN!

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I'm still eagerly waiting for Mew to get Sketch. Pokédex entry say that Mew learns every move but it still misses stuff like Megahorn, Bolt Strike, Spore, Shell Smash, Quiver Dance, and Leech Seed. Getting Sketch on Mew would just be awesome.

You will win stall wars:
Ability: Synchronize
Item: Lum Berry
Nature: Impish
252 HP/252 Defense/4 Speed or Sp Defense
-Softboiled
-Taunt
-Seismic Toss
-Fake Out/Magic Coat/Stealth Rock/U-turn

grantholomew

accually is dolan
Wow an awesome Pokémon for Pokémon of the Week. What a great Christmas present. You never know what Mew set someone will be running...
151.gif

Physical Mew
Mew @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk), Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Zen Headbutt
- Drain Punch/Brick Break
- Dragon Claw/Earthquake/Stone Edge
- Swords Dance/Bulk Up/Hone Claws
A physical sweeper set. Zen Headbutt is a move tutor move in Heartgold and Soulsilver, while Drain Punch is a TM in Generation IV. Zen Headbutt is your main STAB. Drain Punch or Brick Break provide excellent coverage with Zen Headbutt. Dragon Claw or Earthquake or Stone Edge are also for coverage. Swords Dance or Bulk Up to boost your Attack (and Defense with Bulk Up), or Attack and Accuracy with Hone Claws (which is useful if you’re using Stone Edge). Merry Christmas, all!

Last edited:

MetalCrow

Trollololololol...

Mixed Baton Passer
-----------------------------------
-252HP/252Speed/4Def
-Timid/Jolly
-Leftovers
-Synchronize
---------
-Work Up
-Substitute
-Baton Pass
-Aura Sphere/Psyshock/Dark Pulse/Focus Punch

+you could probably put in any other boosting/coverage move you think works well with your team, and be just fine

jon199

Great Christmas gift to do, perfect pokemon for the POTW on New Years. I've never personally used Mew, but I hope this works.

Special Wall
-Psyshock
-Aura Sphere
-Calm Mind
-Barrier
Item:Leftovers
Ability:Synchronize
EV's and Nature: 252 Def/252 Sp. Def/4 Sp. Atk
Calm Nature

This set was made to wall and hopefully kill at the same time. Psyshock does physical damage, which is good for throwing some people off. Aura Sphere takes out any steels that would try to live through your psychic attack. Calm Mind raises your Sp. Attack and Sp. Defense to higher levels, giving you a chance to live and attack more. Barrier sharply raises your Defense. It's as simple as that.

As a side note, Mew is one of the pokemon who you can really do anything with. It's 100 base in each one of its stats gives it the versitility to be any kind of attacker or defender you want. It can learn any tm or hm, which gives it a slight niche on Victini, Jirachi, Manaphy, etc. Any set can work well with it. Mine is just one that I thought of in a couple minutes. :p

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
wow. Where do I begin? Mew is one of the most amazing pokemon ever, and one on of personal favorites. I guess I can start with a moveset with good coverage...

Mew@Wise Glasses
Modest/Timid Nature
max sp atk and speed

Aura Sphere
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam

One of the best type combos in the game. Simple, just attack.

Now for another one...

Mew@Leftovers/Life Orb?
Max sp atk and speed

Substitute
Nasty plot
Psychic/Shadow Ball
thunerbolt/Aura sphere

simple set.

I may edit this post for more movesets later. There's so many possibilities...

Mew gets... pretty much everything.

Mew @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly / Adamant
Evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~ Swords Dance
~ Sucker Punch
~ Drain Punch
~ Zen Headbutt / Ice Punch

It's pretty straightforward with this. Swords Dance gets you to plus 2, which is pretty threatening. The Sucker Punch Drain Punch combo give you fantastic coverage, only resisted by to pokemon, which is where Zen Headbutt comes in. Sucker Punch also gives you priority to finish off faster foes, while Drain Punch lets you recover any hits Mew may have taken, as well as Life Orb recoil. Zen Headbutt is for STAB, however, Ice Punch is useful for hitting physical walls like Gliscor or Dragon / Flying types for super effective damage.

Darkoon

Haxorus FTW!
My First Post in the POTW Collaboration! :D
151.png

Mew, The New Species Pokemon​
Overview

Mew is awesome! It have endless possibilities to what it can do as it can learn any TMs and HMs in the game. It can be used as a set up, sweeper, or even a bulky Pokemon... Basically, Mew can do almost anything in the game and can be a powerhouse or a support to your team...

Abilities

Synchronize: An alright ability overall. Bounces back status problems whenever Mew is in a status problem. It bounces Paralyze, Poison, Burn and Sleep. Alright I guess...

Special Sweeper
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball / Hidden Power (Fire)
Item Attached: Life Orb / Leftovers
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Sp. Attack and 252 Speed
Nature: Modest Nature (-Atk, +Sp. Atk) or Timid Nature (-Atk, +Speed)

Set up with Nasty Plot, which will give Mew a nice +2 boost on his Sp. Attack. Psychic is your reliable STAB move which will do a lot of damage when it gets a boost from Nasty Plot. Psyshock is so that you could hit Pokes with awful defense, since they will probably switch into a Special Wall to block Mew's attacks. Aura Sphere has a perfect accuracy and is very strong. Shadow Ball is very strong and gives you a nice coverage for Ghost types Pokemons. Hidden Power (Fire) is for hitting Pokemons who'll resist your attacks such as Ferrothorn.

Physical Sweeper
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch / Fire Punch
Item Attached: Life Orb / Leftovers
EVs and Natures:
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Attack and 252 Speed
Natures: Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp. Atk) or Jolly Nature (-Sp.Atk, +Speed)

Set up with Swords Dance, which will give Mew a very handful +2 on the Attack stats making it very powerful. Earthquake is very reliable as it has 100% accuracy and also have 100 base power. It will smash through Fire and Rock type Pokemons. Ice Punch will hit Dragon types and will most likely 2 Hit KO them. Drain Punch is for Dark types who will switch in and Fire Punch is for Ferrothorns.

Dual Screens
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Substitute
- Taunt / Psyshock / Psychic
Item Attached: Leftovers
EVs and Natures:
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Sp. Defense
Natures: Bold Nature (-Atk, +Defense)

A support dual screen set for Mew. Reflect and Light Screen will boost your team's Defense and Special Defense. Substitute is for scouting what your opponent will do and you could also set up a free Substitute if your opponent's Poke decided to switch. Taunt is for taunting Opponent's Pokes before you get Taunted. Psyshock or Psychic is for your only attacking move if you prefer them rather than Taunt.

Set Up
- Stealth Rocks
- Substitute
- Transform
- Psychic / Psyshock / Drain Punch / Fire Punch
EVs and Natures:
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Sp. Attack and 252 Speed or 252 HP, 4 Attack and 252 Speed
Natures: Bold Nature (-Atk, +Defense) or Impish Nature (+Defense, - Sp. Atk)

Mew can be also used for setting up. Stealth Rocks is arguably the best entry hazard in the game, it will deal a nice amount of damage on your opponent's team. Substitute is for scouting as well as getting a free sub whenever your opponent switches out. Transform is whenever you feel that you need to transform into your opponent's Pokemon, and the last one is your only actual move which consists of Psychic, Psyshock, Drain Punch and Fire Punch.

Nasty Plot Baton Passer
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Psychic / Psyshock / Shadow Ball
EVs and Natures:
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Sp. Atk and 252 Speed
Natures: Bold Nature (-Atk, +Defense)

Mew can be useful for Baton Passing after using Nasty Plot. It can give the +2 Sp. Atk boost to other Pokemons in the team. Hydreigon, Volcarona, and other Special Sweepers. Baton Pass is obviously for passing the +2 Sp. Attack boost and Substitute is for setting up to make sure you can take anything. Psychic / Psyshock and Shadow Ball is a move filler and is your only move for attacking.

Swords Dance Baton Passer
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Earthquake / Ice Punch / Fire Punch / Drain Punch
EVs and Natures:
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Attack and 252 Speed
Natures: Impish Nature (+Defense, - Sp. Atk)

Mew is indeed very useful for Baton Passing. It can Baton Pass Swords Dance which gives a nice +2 boost on the Attack stat to other Pokemons on your team. Substitute is for scouting as well as making sure that Mew could take a hit while setting the Swords Dance up. The last slot is for your only actual hitting move. Earthquake kills Rock and Steel types, Ice Punch will kill Dragon types, Fire Punch is there to kill Ferrothorns and Drain Punch is to get your HP back and also provides a nice coverage for the Dark type Pokemons.

Rock Polish Baton Passer
- Rock Polish
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Psychic / Psyshock / Shadow Ball / Fire Punch / Ice Punch / Earthquake
EVs and Natures:
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Attack and 252 Speed or 252 HP, 4 Sp. Attack and 252 Speed
Natures: Impish Nature (+Defense, - Sp. Atk) or Bold Nature (-Atk, + Sp. Atk)

Another Baton Passer set for Mew. This time it features the Rock Polish whice gives a nice +2 Speed boost. After setting up, Mew could pass the +2 Speed boost to other Pokes on the team. This gives an opportunity to sweep using your other Pokemon. Substitute lets you to scout and also makes sure what your opponent will use and you could also get a free sub if your opponent decided to switch Pokemon. The last slot is for your actual attacking move which can be almost anything.

Mixed Baton Passer Set 1
- Nasty Plot
- Rock Polish
- Baton Pass
- Substitute / Psychic / Psyshock / Shadow Ball
EVs and Natures:
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Sp. Atk and 252 Speed
Natures: Bold Nature (-Attack, +Defense)

A mixed baton pass set for Mew. It can let Mew to set up +2 Sp. Atk and +2 Speed, giving the opportunity to pass it to another team member and lets then sweep. The last slot is for Substitute if you want to go for it, or for an only real attacking move, which is Psychic / Psyshock / Shadow Ball.

Mixed Baton Passer Set 2
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Baton Pass
- Substitute / Earthquake / Fire Punch / Ice Punch
EVs and Natures:
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Attack and 252 Speed
Natures: Impish Nature (+Defense, - Sp. Attack)

Another option for the mixed baton pass set for Mew. This time it features Swords Dance and Rock Polish. It lets Mew to set up then pass the status to the other team member and lets the the opportunity to sweep. The last move is more likely for Substitute which will let you ensure that you can set up. It can also be for an actual attacking move such as Earthquake, Fire Punch and Ice Punch.

Mixed Baton Passer Set 3
- Nasty Plot
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Substitute / Psychic / Psyshock / Shadow Ball / Earthquake / Drain Punch / Ice Punch / Fire Punch
EVs and Natures:
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Sp. Attack and 4 Speed or 4 HP, 252 Attack and 252 Sp. Attack
Natures: Naive Nature (- Sp. Def, + Speed) or Hasty Nature (- Defense, + Speed)

The third option for mixed baton pass set for Mew. This time it lets Mew to set up for a mixed sweeper, such as Mixed Salamence, Infernape, and other mixed sweepers. Swords Dance and Nasty Plot will boost the Attack and Sp. Attack stat by +2. The last slot is for Substitute which will more ensure you safety while setting up or for your only attacking move for emergency.

What? Triple Baton Passer?
- Nasty Plot
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Baton Pass
EVs and Natures:
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Attack and 252 Speed or 252 HP, 4 Sp. Attack and 252 Speed
Natures: Impish Nature (+ Defense, - Sp. Attack) or Bold Nature (-Attack, +Defense)

This set is very uncommonly used, as it takes a lot of risk while setting up. But, if you could use the right timing, this will turn a mixed sweeper into a BEAST. It's quite simple I guess. Set up, then Baton Pass to the Pokemon you want to pass the stats into.

EVs and Natures

There isn't really a specific EVs and Natures for Mew, as it can do endless possibilities. However, the main used one are usually Adamant, Jolly, Modest, Timid, Impish or Bold.

Other Options

There is endless possibilities for Mew, so each set can be uniquely created by using wide imaginations.

Partners

Physical Sweeper, Special Sweeper, Mixed Sweeper, honestly, Mew can create endless possibilities on it's set so it's partners isn't very specific on just one or two Pokemons.

Countering Mew

Countering Mew... It's really hard to counter as we first need to scout for what will it does, whether it will Sweep, Set Up or Baton Pass. However, for sweeping, block Mew with bulky Dark type Pokemons and hit him with Pursuit if it tries to escape. For setting up and Baton Passing, Taunt really ruins Mew as it will be useless. However, countering Mew is actually a little bit tricky so always be careful while facing one.

ringuma

Mew
Nature: Modest (+Sp atk, -Atk, +Spd)
EVs: 4 Hp, 252 Sp atk, 252 Spd
Item attached: Leftovers
Moves:
Ice Beam / Blizzard / Focus Blast / Aura Sphere
Thunderbolt / Focus Blast / Aura Sphere
Recover / Rest
Psychic

If you wanna make Mew have a diverse set of moves, this is what you're looking for. Ice Beam is a powerful ice-type move, but Blizzard hits harder in exchange for accuracy. Thunderbolt is strong and seriously effective with paralysis while Aura Sphere and Focus Blast is your coverage against Dark-types. Recover and Rest are your means of recovery and Psychic is your main STAB.

Last edited:

Vandslaux

SubCM Mew can set up on all the stall teams in the UU metagame. It takes a while to set up, but, it does pay off. Sorta like SubCM Latias. But Pink and sorta freaky.

SubCM
Mew @ Leftovers
Synchronize
Timid/Modest (Modest not reccomended
252 HP/252 Spe/4 SpD
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast/Hidden Power Fire

Considering Mew's gigantic movepool, exactly what use does Mew have for HP? I'd use Flamethrower.

Status
Not open for further replies.