• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #54

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utopian

faults & feats
@ Jesus- outrage at +0 OHKOs defensive quag at adamant.

Not without a boosting item, it doesn't. I'll show you.

With this damage calculator, I got this:

252 Atk Haxorus Outrage vs 252 HP/252 Def Quagsire: 47.97% - 56.6%
2-3 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

Possible HP Damage: 189, 192, 193, 196, 198, 201, 202, 205, 207, 210, 211, 214, 216, 219, 220, 223

With this damage calculator, I got this:

432 Atk vs 295 Def & 394 HP (120 Base Power): 189 - 223 (47.97% - 56.60%)

Heck, I just ran another calc, and even 0/0 neutral Def nature Quagsire is not OHKOd by Adamant Haxorus's Outrage unless it holds a boosting item.

So if there was ever proof that Quagsire is an absolute boss...there it is.

sbktdreed

Veteran Trainer
Personal Moveset:
Ability: Unaware
Item: Rindo Berry
Scald
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Stone Edge/Sludge Bomb

Vandslaux

0 def EV Quagsire after 2 curses can take Breloom's seed bombs with ease... Learn something new every day, huh

Not really, only if he's burned, which he almost definitely will not be, he'll be poisoned

DrummerScaper97

I can't believe it!
Not sure if it is realy great, but this is my personal moveset I use in B&W:
Ability: Water Absorb
Hold: Absorb Bulb
-Earthquake
-Surf (/Scald/Muddy Water?)
-Toxic
-Rest

Basically use Toxic as a first move to get the foe's health start to fall, and use Earthquake or Surf to damage them. Use rest when your health gets down. If anyone even tries to hit Quagsire with a water move, they're in for a surprise, as Quagsire's health and special attack get boosted. However, if you're playing an opponent who has any moves other than water type (pretty likely), this will only work once.

And another moveset trying to be different:
Ability: Unaware
Holding: Red Card
- Double Team
- Mist
- Safeguard
- Scald
Basically tried to make it as annoying as possible. Quagsire's pretty slow, so you'll want use double team alot at first to raise its evasiveness, and whenever anyone attacks it physically, they're switched out. Mist and safeguard to keeps its stats safe and prevent any conditions. Scald is its attacking move, and hopefully you burn the target.

MetalCrow

Not really, only if he's burned, which he almost definitely will not be, he'll be poisoned

Yea, idk how it happened, but it managed to happen on PO... then i ran it thru the damage calculator and got jaw dropping numbers on what it shoulda been...... Breloom woulda had to be timid and i'd have to have full ev investment in defense after 6 curses to get that kind of outcome...and tht concludes my report

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.