• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #59

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airo

That One Guy
Well, Roserade has respectable Special Attack and okay Speed, but its low Defense and HP stat leave it vulnerable to physical attackers. It's mostly your typical Grass type, although its new Dream World ability is interesting.

Ablities:
Natural Cure: Not bad, but Roserade can't be Poisoned anyway, and Burn only affects the physical Attack stat, but it's nice for recovering from Thunder Wave and the occasional Hypnosis.
Poison Point: 30% chance for Poisoning the opponent on direct contact is pretty useless most of the time, and even then, Roserade's 55 base Defense doesn't help it.
Technician: Boosts 60 or less base power moves by 1.5x. Remember how Giga Drain went from 60 to 75 base power? An improvement for most Grass types, but looks like Technician Roserade just missed its chance. However, it has its use with Magical Leaf.

Generic Grass Type (AKA SubSeed)

- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Synthesis/Sleep Powder/Toxic
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs and Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk) or Modest (+SpAtk, -Atk); 252 Def/56 SpAtk/200 SpDef

In the rare event that someone reading this doesn't know about SubSeed sets, it's basically lasting as long you can with Substitute and Leech Seed and whatever other moves you have while Leech Seed slowly whittles down their HP. Synthesis is good, but not necessary when you have Leftovers, Giga Drain, and Leech Seed. Sleep Powder forces your opponent to sit there and watch their HP get sucked out. Toxic is for killing your opponent faster.

Spike Sweeper

- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Venoshock
EVs and Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk) or Modest (+SpAtk, -Atk); 252 Def/200 SpAtk/56 SpDef

Set up the entry hazards and let Venoshock destroy anything that switches in. Giga Drain and Leftovers help you last longer.

Sweeping in the Sun

- Sunny Day
- Solarbeam
- Synthesis
- Shadow Ball
Item: Heat Rock
EVs and Nature: Modest (+SpAtk, -Atk); 4 HP/252 SpAtk/252 Spd

Use Sunny Day to amp up Solarbeam and Synthesis. Shadow Ball will take care of Psychic types. Heat Rock will let Sunny Day last an extra 3 turns. This set would've been a lot better if Roserade had Chlorophyll.

Technician

- Magical Leaf
- Swift/Round
- Weather Ball
- Rain Dance
Item: Wise Glasses/Damp Rock
Ability: Technician

I know this set is not that great looking at first, but Roserade doesn't have that many moves that go with Technician. With Technician, Magical Leaf and Swift turn into their respective type equivalents of Aura Sphere. Swift can be replaced by Round if you have some sort of Doubles/Triples strategy with Round. Weather Ball + Rain Dance + Technician = a Water type move with a base power of 225 (including Rain boost to Water type moves), so that will take care of any Fire types. Personally, I would give this set Wise Glasses, but I can understand the allure of a 225 base power move, so go ahead with a Damp Rock if you want to.

Weather Ball Sweeper

- Sunny Day
- Rain Dance
- Weather Ball
- Synthesis/Growth
Item: Leftovers/Metronome/Heat Rock/Damp Rock

Pick a weather and start sweeping with your 225 base power Weather Ball. Synthesis will let you heal in Sunny weather. Did you know, however, that in 5th gen, Growth increases both offensive stats two stages in Sunny weather? It makes Growth a viable option. Leftovers helps you last longer, Metronome (yes, they made an item with that name, look it up) will power up Weather Ball each consecutive time you use it, or a weather rock will help one type of weather last longer (Sun for Synthesis/Growth or Rain for murdering Fire types).

Support Set

- Aromatherapy
- Sleep Powder
- Toxic
- Venoshock
EVs and Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk) or Modest (+SpAtk, -Atk); 252 Def/56 SpAtk/200 SpDef

I know it's not wonderful or anything, since Roserade is more suited to be a sweeper. Aromatherapy cures all status problems on your team, so it's pretty amazing. It's mostly the reason why this set is possible. Sleep Powder is probably better on Prankster Whimsicott, but it works well enough with Roserade in Doubles/Triples. The combination of Toxic + Venoshock gives a good status problem with a move that has poor typing (Poison isn't the best type to make supereffective hits) but an impressive 130 base power (after Toxic hits).

Other Options

There are a few worth mentioning, but nothing too special.

Hidden Power can actually work well with Technician, but if you're like me, you may be too lazy to go try and get the right IVs.
Hyper Beam is something that can work. You never know when you'll need a Normal type move with 150 base power.
Double Team; Roserade has the speed to try it, though you have to watch out for Physical moves if you're going to try to use it multiple times.
Sludge Bomb is a powerful move with STAB, but being a Poison type makes it questionable to use.
Grass Knot is a possibility on most Grass types. Go ahead if you want to use it.
Water Sport halves Fire type move damage. That's good, but Rain Dance already covers that.
Stun Spore can be used instead of a Sleep Powder. I prefer inflicting Sleep over Paralysis with Roserade, but that's just me.
Petal Dance has the power of Solarbeam without the need for Sun. Just watch out for when you get the Confusion (or your opponent could switch in the middle of it).
Extrasensory is a move with 80 base power other than Shadow Ball.
Leaf Storm is stronger than Solarbeam and Petal Dance, but be prepared to switch out after that 2 stage Special Attack decrease.
Worry Seed changes the target's ability to Insomnia. Use it to prevent Rest.

Double and Triple Battle Options

Roserade has Aromatherapy. That's already good enough a reason. However, it also has Worry Seed. Try using that on your partnered Slaking or Archeops.

Partners

Like aforementioned, anything that benefits from Worry Seed. Drought Ninetales is a good partner as well (for what Grass type is DroughtTales not, anyway?).

Countering Roserade

Take advantage of its poor HP and Defense and use a powerful physical move. The tricky thing about Roserade is that most of the type weaknesses it has mostly are made up of Special moves and it has a surprising 105 Special Defense base stat. Ice, Psychic, and Fire; they're mostly made of Special moves. Flying type moves, however, mostly make up Physical moves, and in addition, Flying type Pokemon aren't affected by the Spikes Roserade can set up. Speaking of which, you can use a Rapid Spinner to get rid of those Spikes. A weather changer can mess up a Weather Balling Roserade.

Furret Master

Champion Seeker
Overview:

I actually kind of like Roserade. It is a pretty good special sweeper with decent typing. Offensively, Roserade's base 125 Sp. Attack and base 90 Speed allow it to have good sweeping potential, although its Speed could be slightly higher. Defensively, Roserade is mixed. Base 105 Sp. Defense is great, but base 60 HP and base 55 Defense is not. Roserade's movepool is passable for a sweeper, and it can even run a support set. Roserade can do its job fairly well.

Abilities:

Natural Cure: Roserade is cured of any major status conditions whenever it switches out. Pretty good on a defensive set, as it can absorb status' and not really care.

Poison Point: Roserade has a 30% chance of inflicting the "Poison" status condition on a Pokemon whenever it hits Roserade with a direct-contact move. Not all that great since Roserade is very frail physically, plus normal poison is not very good.

Technician: Any move that Roserade has that has a base power of 60 or less gets a 1.5 multiplier to its power. This is a really good ability, but Roserade can only kind of take advantage of this. Still, it can give a good boost to certain moves.

Movesets:

Sweeper:
-Leaf Storm/ Magical Leaf
-Sludge Bomb
-Weather Ball
-Hidden Power [Ice]/ Hidden Power [Ground]
Hold Item: Choice Scarf/ Choice Specs
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Sp. Attack/ 252 Speed

A sweeping set. The first move is dependent on whether or not you want to attempt to get more than one shot in. Leaf Storm is ridiculously powerful with the draw back of lowering Roserade's Sp. Attack by 2 stages. With a Choice-item, however, you should plan do switch a lot, so this negative effect is not very seroius. If you want something a bit more reliable, Magical Leaf gets a Technician boost and never misses, so it can be a more reliable choice at the cost of some serious power. Sludge Bomb hardly gets any coverage, but it is a solid STAB move that can do a lot of damage if it hits anything that doesn't resist Poison. Weather Ball is to be used on a Sun team, which is slightly counter-productive, but it makes Weather Ball a Fire-type move, which gives Roserade some good coverage. It could be used on a Rain team to make it a Water-type move, but most of the coverage is lost. The Hidden Power type is dependent on the coverage you want. A thing to note is that you should aim to have your Hidden Power be of power 60 or less in order to get the Technician boost. The Choice-item you pick is dependent on what you want Roserade to do better at. The Scarf makes Roserade a better chance to strike, while the Specs make Roserade really hit hard.

Defensive/Support
-Giga Drain
-Sleep Powder/ Toxic
-Leech Seed
-Synthesis/ Toxic
Hold Item: Big Root
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Defense/ 4 Speed

Roserade attempts to stall in this set. Giga Drain is a pretty powerful moves that doubles as a recovery move. Sleep Powder is used to shut down the opponent Pokemon. Leech Seed helps Roserade stall by draining the opposing Pokemon further, Synthesis can help Roserade stay alive, while Toxic wears down Pokemon even further.

Other Options:
-Stun Spore can be used to mess with the enemy team by potentially shutting down sweepers, so it can be considered in the support set.
-Roserade has access to Aromatherapy, which can be good on a support set in order to keep your team free of status conditions.

Counters:
Steel-types that have good Sp. Defense can take on any sweeper set. Bronzong can resist both STABs and can take on any move except for a Fire-type Weather Ball. Although it is in the OU, Heatran can take on any move that isn't Hidden Power [Ground], and he can trash Roserade. For the support set, Grass-types that can shrug off any status conditions that Roserade throws out can deal with it fairly well. Roserade can do a pretty good job at what it does, but if you have the right types, you can deal with it effectively.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I just want to throw out there that Roserade is one of the few Pokemon that somewhat didn't enjoy the power boost that Giga Drain got. It's still a good choice but can you imagine a Technician boosted Giga Drain? Scary.

Awesome!! Roserade!! Roserade used to always be on my team back in DPPt. Here is the set I always used:

-Giga Drain
-Petal Dance
-Toxic
-Sludge Bomb

I always remember sweeping Crasher Wake and Bertha with it! It's not half bad.

Zachmac

Just noting, this is another case were you shouldn't use energy ball. Giga drain is better, as it only has 5 less base power and heals it a bit. Many people seem to forget that.
I always remember sweeping Crasher Wake and Bertha with it! It's not half bad.
This is competitive. Sorry, but that set isn't very good here. Better then some competitive sets I've seen, though.

Here is a different set for it,

Nature: Adamant / Jolly
Hold Item: Life Orb
Ev's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

- Swords Dance
- Razor Leaf
- Pin Missile / Return
- Leech Seed

Even though it has low Attack Base Stats (70), it is still usable with the help of Swords Dance.

Because of Technician, Razor Leaf's power increases to 82 (without applying STAB) with a chance to make critical hits.

Pin Missile gets the Technician boost (because of which it gets a minimum BP of 42 and maximum BP of 105), but low accuracy of it can create problems. Return is a substitute which can be used instead of it.

Life Orb would give it the necessary boost in power and with Leech Seed it would work good.

Edit: It would be good if the Roserade line gets "Bullet Seed" as a DW move because with Technician it would have a minimum BP of 74 and maximum BP of 185

Lol, that made my day. Thank you. Although, if you were to seriously run a SD Roserade set (Heaven forbid), I'd scrap Pin Missle completely and run Poison Jab at the very least.

I did the Chandelure POTW.. is it any good?

Also I'm not sure if I'm doing the Roserade POTW but regardless don't forget NU sets for Roselia and LC sets for whatever its baby form is called.

Yeah, it was alright. The Memento part was cute.

Okay, so what Roserade basically does is set up Spikes or Toxic Spikes and maybe put things to sleep. The specially defensive Spikes set is probably the most effective Roserade set I've ever used in OU as it stops Rain pretty well. It looks like this.

Roserade@Leftovers
Calm
Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP, 120 Def, 136 SpD
Moves:
-Spikes
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb
-Rest

Rest + Natural Cure makes for good recovery most of the time, surprisingly. Roserade also still has enough power to hurt stuff with Giga Drain and Sludge Bomb, although much of the time it will just be setting up Spikes.

There's also the more offensive Toxic Spikes set.

Roserade@Leftovers
Timid
Natural Cure
EVs; 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Moves:
-Sleep Powder
-Toxic Spikes
-Leaf Storm
-Sludge Bomb

Blah blah, standard stuff. Pretty strong with a base 125 SpA stat. Good offensive Toxic Spikes user, and Sleep Powder is always useful.

As far as Roselia goes, it's actually pretty bulky on the special side with the Evolite. It also sets up Spikes and Toxic Spikes about as easily as its older sibling in OU.

Roselia@Evolite
Calm
Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpD, 4 Def
Moves:
-Spikes/Sleep Powder
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb/Toxic Spikes
-Rest/Synthesis

Pretty much every set Roselia can (and should be) running all mixed into one. Sleep Powder is illegal with Spikes, so if you run Sleep Powder, run Toxic Spikes. Even though weather is much more rare in RU with the ban of Snover, making Synthesis much more reliable, I still find Rest + Natural Cure better most of the time.

So yeah, my two cents.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Weezing

It Really Should Have Been Weezing This Week
Roserade@Choice Scarf
Modest nature
Natural Cure
252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
~Giga Drain/Energy Ball/Leaf Storm
~Sludge Bomb
~Weather Ball/Shadow Ball
~Hidden Power (Dragon/Electric/Fighting)

Roserade is one hell of a revenge killer. Slap a Choice Scarf on it and let the carnage commence. First two moveslots go to STAB moves. Giga Drain is weaker than Energy Ball, but does restore Roserade's health, which is a very, very good thing, given that this Roserade will be doing a lot of switching. Switching out, and switching in... into entry hazards. Leaf Storm also works with the "switch often" theme. Last two slots go to extra coverage. Standard Shadow Ball/HP Fighting coverage is viable, but if you want to use Roserade on a weather team, Weather Ball works, accompanied by HP Dragon (for a sun team; Fire and Dragon are only resisted by Heatran) or HP Electric (for a Hail team for a pseudo-BoltBeam combo).

Item is obvious. Ability is the best choice, as Roserade will heal off status every time it switches- which will be often.

Other options:
*Sleep Powder is always a good move. But Roserade is generally a tad on the slow side whenever it's not Scarf'd, and with that Defense stat, it really can't afford to take too many hits.
*SolarBeam works on a sun team, but the options in the set already listed are generally the more superior ones.
*Water Sport looks good on paper, as Roserade is one of the few recipients of the move that doesn't already resist Fire. Sadly, its paltry Defense means that support moves are more or less wasted on it.
*You could use a Weezing.

Abilities:
*Natural Cure: When Roserade switches out, its status conditions go away. Easily its best ability, as Roserade will switch very often, and this deters stuff like Thunder Wave quite easily.
*Poison Point: When Roserade is hit by a contact move, the attacker has a 30% chance of getting poisoned, type and ability permitting. Considering that most contact moves will be slamming Roserade's bleh Defense stat, it really isn't worth it.
*Technician: Roserade's Hidden Ability, and IMO a waste. Boosts, what, Magical Leaf, Round, Weather Ball (with no weather), and some Hidden Powers? Oh, yeah, beautiful coverage right there. Not. I guess it never occurred to them to give the damn thing Chlorophyll like almost every damn other flower Pokémon gets.

Partners:
Tailwind users and Smashpassers are both good for non-Scarf Roserade, should you be fool enough to try it. Thanks to Weather Ball, Roserade fits right in with most weather teams- even sun teams, despite lack of Chlorophyll.

Counters:
Blissey and Chansey wall Roserade, though the latter can only harm it with Seismic Toss. Still, that's no reason to take Chansey lightly, as you're not likely to wall those tosses for very long. A good way to render Roserade useless is to take the Choice Scarf out of the equation. Bulky Trick users can get the job done, though Wash Rotom fears them Grass moves. Since Roserade switch often, and given their bad Defense, Pursuit is almost always their downfall. Weezing resists both of Roserade's STABS and can do serious damage with Flamethrower.

Opinion:
I like Roserade. I just wish it got Chlorophyll. But you know what I like even more? WEEZING.

Missingno. Master's weekly appeal to Serebii to make up for his lapse of judgement in delaying Weezing's week:
Weezing. C'mon, Serebii, do the right thing.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Counters.

The obvious steel types are your best bet. but empoleon and bastiodon could get complaints for leech seed and grass moves. But ferrothorn the rose bush (AKA wall of metal spikes) is its ultimate tank counter. Heatran on the offensive side. Bronzong, Jirachi, and Metagross scurries it if it manages to leech seed them but most likely will end up dead on psychic purification.
Just keep in mind the leech seed.

Pre evo.
Roselia and Budew:

For middle, roselia can do similar things like roserade with eviolite exclusive but not the higher ranks though. Same goes for budew on the little cup.

I could just say how about everytime we introduce a family, the young ones could be included minus the branched ones.

i think espeon is the best counter.
enough spec def to tank hits, and can psychic it for super effective at a higher speed to sweepers, or reflect sleep powder and spikes.

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
Before anyone takes the pre-evo corner, do take note that budew and roselia's DW ability a leaf guard and not technician. Needless to say, always choose natual cure over leaf guard.

wildbiscuit

One Tough Cookie
Roserade's actually one of my favourite pokemon. Unfortunately, it just didn't fit on any of my more recent teams. Here's the set I used the most:

Roserade@Black Sludge
Timid
4Sp.Atk/252Sp.Def/252Spe
Natural Cure

Toxic Spikes
Leech Seed
Substitute
Giga Drain

It worked pretty well a few months ago.

Kraleck

Moves:
- Swift

Result: Illegal combination. You cannot breed Swift and the Technician path onto Budew/Roselia and Swift is a teachable-in-3rd-or-4th-Gen-only Move.

It Really Should Have Been Weezing This Week
Missingno. Master's weekly appeal to Serebii to make up for his lapse of judgement in delaying Weezing's week:
Weezing. C'mon, Serebii, do the right thing.

Yeah, especially since Serebii should've only postponed Weez' by a week when they did that. Weezing would've been fine for last week.

sbktdreed

Veteran Trainer
Personal Moveset
Poison Point w/ Big Root/Leftovers
Giga Drain/Energy Ball
Poison Jab
Shadow Ball
Leech Seed

Choice Specs
Poison Point
Energy Ball
Venoshock/Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball
Leech Seed

Partners
Possibly a Rock-type like Rampardos, Carracosta, Crustle, or Tyranitar might do.

Countering
High Attach & Sp Defense pokemon like Flareon, Charizard, Magmortar, Dragonite, and Crobat; Metagross and Muk if Trick Room comes to mind.
Bouffalant's Sap Sipper

Kraleck

Countering Roserade
Low Defense, high Sp.Def, and below-average HP means you could easily take it out in one good Physical shot. However, this doesn't mean you can count Special Attackers out. Any Pokemon with good Sp.Atk and Psyshock will obliterate Roserade.

Grass/Poison STAB can be Walled easily by any Steel Type (that isn't also Rock, Ground, nor Water if Dual Typed) or Poison Type (that isn't also Rock, Ground, Water, nor Grass if Dual Typed, though no Rock/Poison Types actually exist). This means you have plenty of opposition, like any other Grass and/or Poison Type. Skarmory, Heatran, and Ferrothorn, to name a few are among the most resistant counters by Type alone.

Since many of those Steel and Poison Types carry at-least-Neutral coverage to Grass/Poison, Roserade has little hope with its STAB Moves. This isn't a bad thing for it, though, due to Extrasensory (for Poison Types) and Weather Ball (during Sun for Steel Types) being options.

Psyshock, Psystrike, and Physical Ice, Fire, Flying, and Psychic Moves are key issues for Roserade, aside from Physicals of the 9 Types it's Neutral to (Normal, Poison, Ground, Bug, Rock, Ghost, Dragon, Dark, and Steel). Even then, its Base 60 HP is fragile enough to potentially OHKO with a Neutral or Super-Effective hit, if you're lucky. It's very unlikely you'll find yourself using a Pokemon with only Special-based Water, Grass, Electric, and Fighting Type Moves.

Roserade's Base 90 Speed is above-average. That's tied for 33rd Place with 28 other Pokemon behind 135 faster Pokemon (counting all variants of Giratina, Basculin, and Deoxys, but not Arceus, as individuals).

Meowmeow

selfproclaimed guru
Roserade is a pretty good Pokemon. It's not my favorite as I prefer others, but it is by no means bad.
Roserade's Grass/Poison typing has its ups and downs. Neutral to Bug and Ground, and resists grass, electric, water and most importantly, fighting. However, weaknesses to common fire, ice, and psychic attacks will put it down.
While Roserade has an awesome ability in Natural Cure, I wish it had Chloryphyll instead. Roserade would otherwise be able to abuse the sun amazingly well. Oh well. Lets look at sets.
I'm only going to do three sets.

Sun Abuse
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 252 special attack and speed, 4 hp
@: Life Orb

Solarbeam
Weather Ball
Growth
Sleep Powder/Synthesis

This set takes advantage of having Ninetails as a teammate with STAB Solarbeam, Weather Ball, and Growth. Sleep Powder is a nice touch. There is one thing to keep in mind: Venasaur. The one thing that Roserade has over Venasaur in a sun abuse set is Weather Ball, which lets Roserade break things that Venasaur cannot. Otherwise, you have a lesser Venasaur because of Venasaur's access to Chloryphyll.

Rose of all trades

Giga Drain
Sludge Bomb/Extrasensory
Growth
Spikes/Toxic Spikes/Sleep Powder/Synthesis/Sludge Bomb

I know, that last slot has a ton of options, but bear with me. Giga Drain is the STAB move of choice. Its power is not much lower than Energy Ball, does not drop stats like Leaf Storm, and is consistant unlike Grass Knot. Growth is for stat boosting. Sludge Bomb is secondary STAB, but Extrasensory is a viable alternative. I'll explain later.
The last slot is interesting. Spikes and Toxic Spikes catch non floating switch-ins, Sleep Powder is just plain awesome, and Synthesis provides added recovery. If you opted for Extrasensory, Sludge Bomb can be put here to make a boosting sweeper set of sorts.
I will now explain Extrasensory. Normally, Extrasensory is a stupid move to put on Roserade. Consider this though: the metagame is becoming dominated by fighting types. Roserade can take the STAB move. Normally, the fighting type would stay in and use Stone Edge or something. Extrasensory keeps those fighting types in check. Consider Tentacruel too. With Drain Punch and Giga Drain powered up, Liquid Ooze became an even better ability. Not only do you get a super effective hit on Tentacruel, but you don't take damage from Liquid Ooze from using your STAB move! Slaughtering Toxicroak is an added bonus.

Choice
@: Choice Scarf/Specs

Leaf Storm
Sludge Bomb/Sleep Powder/Stun Spore
Extrasensory
Giga Drain

Many offensive Pokemon like to hold a Choice item and Roserade is no exception. Leaf Storm becomes the STAB move of choice with Giga Drain as backup. I already explained Extrasensory. The problem with a Choice set is the locking thing. Sludge Bomb is not a move you want to be locked into, given Poison's horrendous type coverage. A Choice Scarfer can opt for Sleep Powder instead. Stun Spore can be a better alternative to avoid the sleep clause.

Other options
A set based on Spikes and Toxic Spikes respectively is Roserade's best method actually. Thing is, I'm bad at building such sets :p
Technician is Roserade's new ability. It powers up Magical Leaf, but that's pretty much it. Natural Cure is a better way to go.
Shadow Ball is another attacking move, but STAB will handle what Shadow Ball hits. In Gengar's case, Extrasensory does the job.
Double Powder sets have proven to be effective and Roserade can pull it off.
Like almost any Grass type, Leech Seed is an option. However, Roserade has an issue: four moveslot syndrome. Finding room for Leech Seed is very difficult.
Roserade has Swords Dance, which can be used with Seed Bomb, but Roserade's physical repetoire is lacking.

That's Roserade!

Last edited:

zerofield

i miss miror
rest rose is amazing with natural cure guys, it just doesnt die

offensive rose would be cool but its outclassed by so many other grass-types as an attacker so its better in the defensive slot imo

Kraleck

Sun Abuse

Solarbeam
Weather Ball
Growth
Sleep Powder/Synthesis

This set takes advantage of having Ninetails as a teammate with STAB Solarbeam, Weather Ball, and Growth. Sleep Powder is a nice touch. There is one thing to keep in mind: Venasaur. The one thing that Roserade has over Venasaur in a sun abuse set is Weather Ball, which lets Roserade break things that Venasaur cannot. Otherwise, you have a lesser Venasaur because of Venasaur's access to Chloryphyll.

I love the Solar-Ball combo. Adding Hidden Power (Rock or Ground, preferably Rock unless you expect to see Heatran and decide to stand your...*sunglasses* Ground) and Extrasensory instead of Growth and Sleep Powder/Synthesis makes for an incredible Sun Abuse: Choice Edition.

A very nice set. Synthesis seems to be a tad wasted due to Roserade's Physical fragility, though.

Nebbio

NINJA!
Lets give this a shot:

Roserade-Natural Cure
Item:
Nature/EV spread: Modest-252 Sp Atk/128 Sp def/128 Spd
Moves: Giga Drain
Toxic spikes
Energy ball
Sludge Bomb

This set covers most types. It is more or less an offensive set. Usually you start by using Toxic Spikes. Then throughout the battle use Sludge bomb and Energy and as Roserade's energy gets lower obiviously use Giga drain.

Critsism is greatly appreciated.

Zachmac

Lets give this a shot:

Roserade-Natural Cure
Item:
Nature/EV spread: Modest-252 Sp Atk/128 Sp def/128 Spd
Moves: Giga Drain
Toxic spikes
Energy ball
Sludge Bomb

This set covers most types. It is more or less an offensive set. Usually you start by using Toxic Spikes. Then throughout the battle use Sludge bomb and Energy and as Roserade's energy gets lower obiviously use Giga drain.

Critsism is greatly appreciated.
Why have both energy ball and giga drain? Giga drain got a power boost up to 75, which is almost equal to energy ball's 80. I'd go for HP fire>Energy Ball for coverage against everything but heatran in between that and it's STABs.

grantholomew

accually is dolan
Sorry for the double-post, but is it me, or are our discussions on the PotW getting shorter? Do people not care about a certain week's feature, or are they just trying to find something we already missed?

Gothitelle narrowly had a 4th page of discussion and Corsola barely has 2 pages since Sunday...it's Thursday as I post this. Is Corsola too unusable to deserve this crap? It has issues, yes, but enough to deserve this little of a discussion? I'm willing to request Serebii.net hold out on PotW: Corsola for 2 more weeks just to get some decent feedback on this far-under-utilized Pokemon (I won't, but I'm willing to and crazy enough to do it).

Okay it's been two days and no one has said anything. There were lots of contributions because it was Chandelure last week. Is this the best we can do for Roserade?

Status
Not open for further replies.