• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #59

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
Neither Budew nor Roselia @ Big Root
Nature: Modest/Bold/Calm
Ability: Poison Point
-Leech Seed
-Giga Drain
-Ingrain
-HP Ground/Rock/Fire

This set takes advantage of big root. Of the 4 move, only the last one does not get the boost. Natures are for either power-up or make them bulkier. The ability of choice is whenever Ingrain prevent switching out outside of KO.

Last edited:

GoldenGengar

Gengar Forever <3
Roserade@Wise Glasses
Ability:poison Point
Nature:Timid
-Energy Ball
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Toxic Spikes/Spikes

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
Roserade @ Focus Sash
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball or Synthesis
- Petal Dance or Energy Ball

Works well. Sash + Sleep is set up. Sludge + Petal for damage dealing + STAB. Energy Ball means more choice on moves and no Confusion. Shadow Ball for coverage or Synthesis to keep the sash up. Nature and EVs for speed and Damage.
I use this set and find it work really well.

KickAsh

halted development
Roserade is a pretty good (Toxic) Spikes lead w/ Natural Cure, Leech Seed, and Toxic.

Spikes Lead Roserade @ Mental Herb/Leftovers/Big Root
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Calm
-Giga Drain
-Spikes/Toxic Spikes/Leech Seed
-Toxic
-Spikes/Toxic Spikes/Leech Seed/
I'd appreciate it if someone could maybe clean this up a bit? I think this pretty accurately shows Roserade is capable of as a Spikes lead. Give it some good HP EVs, and Roserade has great bulk, and although base 90 Speed isn't anything to brag about, it could be worse.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
Toxic isn't the best option to go with T-spikes, since it's really making them useless. Sleep powder could go in place of that or something like rest or sludge bomb.

Vandslaux

This is probably Roserade's best set in UU.

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Calm
252 HP/4 SpAtk/252 SpD
Natural Cure
Giga Drain
Spikes
Toxic Spikes
HP Ice/Fire

Pretty sure Zapdos can't 2HKO with Heat Wave.

i thought it couldnt have both spikes as moves? or is that both and sleep powder?

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
Toxic isn't the best option to go with T-spikes, since it's really making them useless. Sleep powder could go in place of that or something like rest or sludge bomb.

you are right.
Spikes Lead Roserade @ Mental Herb/Wide Lens(to maybe make Sleep Powder more reliable)
-Giga Drain
-Sleep Powder

put foe to sleep, spike away, heal.

I'll be writing this tonight so if anyone has any last minute ideas..

Don't forget Roserade / Roselia / Budew are all viable in certain tiers so post sets for any of them!

waht about eviolite roselia? something like
set name, roseviolite, or something like that.
Roselia @ eviolite
EV's: 252 hp/252 spec def/ 4 sp atk
-Giga Drain
-Spikes/toxic spikes
-Sleep Powder
-leech seed/synthesis

PhilosophicalPsychologica

Well to start things off, the prospect of Drizzle and Drought in OU gives Roserade all that much more potential to use its Weather Ball.

As usual, I will be focusing on what sets Roserade can use in Gen 5, as opposed to listing every single set including those unchanged from Gen 4... It definitely improves from Giga Drain's power boost. Solarbeam and Synthesis are all considerable if Roserade is partnered with Ninetales.

Special Attacking @ Life Orb/Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
252 SpAtk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Natural Cure/Technician
Leaf Storm/Growth
Sludge Bomb/Venoshock/Extrasensory/Weather Ball
Giga Drain/Grass Knot/Magical Leaf/Petal Dance
Sleep Powder/Hidden Power/Rest

Although Rose's defensive sets are pretty much unchanged, Roserade's Special Sweep set received an interesting change: Technician. If you choose to employ this Ability, Roserade has improvements in access to Magical Leaf packing as much punch as Sludge Bomb and base 90 Hidden Powers. Otherwise...no difference. Roserade has a niche in having the greatest SpAtk for all Grass-Types (tied with Exeggutor) and the greatest SpAtk for all Poison-Types (tied with Gengar).
Venoshock is also an option over Sludge Bomb if you judge your team can spread Poison very well.
Petal Dance received a power boost. Just like how you would use Magical Leaf, Giga Drain, or Grass Knot in conjunction with Leaf Storm, Petal Dance is meant to be used if you do not intend to switch out Roserade the following turn.
In short:
Leaf Storm: Roserade's big gun. Hit hard, switch out.
Petal Dance: Roserade's sidearm. If you want to throw out a Grass attack for the next three turns consecutively, this is your attack.
The Other Three: Not Roserade's strongest move, but it's decent if you just want to lob a Grass attack out there.
Roserade has the option to Growth, which will now provide a +2 boost. Roserade doesn't employ it nearly as well, though, due to lack of Chlorophyll.

Physical Attacking @ Life Orb
yadda-yadda-yadda
Natural Cure/Technician
Swords Dance
Seed Bomb/Razor Leaf
Poison Jab
Natural Gift/Sleep Powder/Body Slam/Return/Double-Edge

With Technician, Roserade has a greater diversity in its Physical attacking area. Compared to Breloom, Roserade has approximately half the power, but significantly more Speed, and also a different STAB option...

Notable Move Illegalities:
Bullet Seed + Technician
Body Slam/Double-Edge + Technician
Spikes + Sleep Powder

Pre-Evo Corner: While I wouldn't use Budew in LC, I have actually used Eviolite Roselia in OU with great success.
Sleep Powder
Aromatherapy
Leech Seed
Rest

This Roselia takes hits extraordinary well, especially Special hits and especially Water hits; not even strong Fire attacks can faze Roselia since I also combine it with a Politoed. These moves are just four out of a plethora of defensive options.

Cotton Spore is a new move, but I don't think you'd find any real use for it.
Roserade does not have anything outstanding in Double matches outside of Water Sport or Worry Seed; it doesn't even have any resistances to back itself up. I suppose you have Technician boost on Round?

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
Budew (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Rest

This is probably it's only good set in LC. As a spiker like most of her family. She doesn't get any other moves that are worth using since her special attack i to low anyway. It really is outclassed by many other pokemon.

Charizard Lizzy

BARRELS!!!
Ehhh Don't have much time to make up a set this week...

Abilities:
Poison Point – There’s a 30% chance the opponent will become poisoned if they directly attack Roserade. Interesting in theory, but really not so much in practice – regular poison isn’t nearly as lethal as Toxic poison, so this ability is more or less pointless to choose.

Natural Cure – Switch Roserade out of battle and any status condition on it will be lifted. Especially for a sweeper, this is an incredibly helpful ability to have at hand. For the non-Dream World ability, this is the better choice

Technician (Dream World) – All attacks with base 60 power or lower get a 1.5x boost. A really neat ability, but it’s unfortunately not as appealing for Roserade considering how few attacks (especially Special attacks) would benefit from this.

Sunny Day Partner
Item: Life Orb/Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Nature: Timid (+ Spd, - Atk)/Modest (+ Sp.Atk, - Atk)
- Growth
- Solarbeam/Giga Drain
- Weather Ball
- Hidden Power Ice/Rock/Ground

This set expects and works best under Sunny Day. Growth in sunlight will double Roserade’s Attack and Special Attack. Solarbeam gets STAB, a lot of power, and instantly fires in sunlight, but Giga Drain is a good alternative if you’d rather receive recovery. Weather Ball turns into Fire-type in sunlight to rid of pesky Ice-types. Hidden Power Ice gets rid of Fying- and Dragon-types. Hidden Power Rock, however, can deal with Flying- and Fire-types, while HP Ground can deal with Steels outside of Fire-type Weather Ball, and especially Heatran who would otherwise pose a serious problem with this entire set.

Last edited:

MetalCrow

I'd like to note that roserade has serious problems when faced with magic bouncers....especially when it comes to toxic spikes, because it has to switch out and switch back in.... Considering that the common magic bouncers (xatu and espeon) almost always pack psychic attacks...that could be very problematic for Roserade

grantholomew

accually is dolan
I'd like to note that roserade has serious problems when faced with magic bouncers....especially when it comes to toxic spikes, because it has to switch out and switch back in.... Considering that the common magic bouncers (xatu and espeon) almost always pack psychic attacks...that could be very problematic for Roserade

Unless Roserade has Shadow Ball..but yeah, Magic Bouncers are probably the biggest walls to Roserade besides Steel types.

Vandslaux

You guys are forgetting that Budew is the fastest Spiker on LC.

Rayofquazar

Roserade is pretty decent, it has a high sp att and speed and decent sp def but that just makes it a special sweeper. As for bulkiness it has nothing to be happy about. All it can take is one "strong" special attack at the best bets. It has good abilities in natural cure and technician. Poison point is not that good because roserade was not made to take hits especially physical ones. That sorted out, it's movepool is decent as a generic grass type with some additions especially weather ball.

This pokemon can run effectively multiple sets and support due to it's ability to lay down spikes and toxic spikes as well as healing it's teammates with aromatherapy.

To be on the safe side, seeing how roserade is frail defensively, boosting it's speed is crucial to make it count offensively for it's good-but not so good-speed.
With natural cure roserades run a speed boosting nature with a speed or specia attack boosting item and the moves Sunny day, Weather ball, Solarbeam, Sludge bomb.
This set works pretty well, set up sunny day and sweep. Weather ball becomes very powerful and fire type wich covers all the weaknesses especially steel types that would wall you completely. Solarbeam is strong reliable and doesn't need any recharge in the sun. Sludge bomb is a very strong stab attack that rounds up the coverage hitting neutral other resisted types especially dragons. If you have sun support so synthesis is a must on this set for needed healing.

Another possible set if you don't want to gamble with weather is to use your support moves. Use toxic spikes, Aromatherapy, Leaf storm/Energy ball/Giga drain or Petal dance and Venoshock. Set up toxic spikes wich you can do due to your good speed and venoshock your poisonned opponent to a quick kill. A grass type attack is to use for a stronger hit on rock and ground types that would otherwise take your venoshocks with ease. Energy ball is for consistency but giga drain heals you, Petal dance in much stronger but may leave you confused. Leaf storm is much much stronger but cuts your special attack to half but forces you to switch. This is mot so bad since you'll be switching too much since your main role in this set is to cure team mates with aromatherapies and not as a sweeper.

For a technician set use Magical leaf or mega drain. I mean why not a 40 BP mega drain will be 60 with STAB and 90 with technician pretty good I think. Sure magical leaf will be much stronger but you can use mega drain for some recovery. Weather ball is also a good attack that will be boosted with technician making it a very good attack even without any weather. Synthesis is here for recovery making mega drain completely unnessecary. Sunny day/Rain dance is if you don't have weather support. Rain dance is better than sunny day ridding you from that crippling fire type weakness. If you have Weather support so run Spikes or toxic spikes for entry hazards.

Thats it! Use roserade properly and you will be rewarded...

Vandslaux

Mega Drain<Giga Drain. 60<75.

And specially defensive is not to be disregarded.

Soperman

The One and Only
Roserade is basically another typical Grass type. The only thing that really makes it stick out is the fact that it has Weather Ball and Technician.
Besides that, there's really no reason to use it over other Grass types. Its movepool is basically Hidden Power, Shadow Ball, Weather Ball, Sludge Bomb, Extrasensory (?), and one of its many Grass type attacks.
Stat wise, its ok. It has below average attack, nice Special Attack, and decent Speed.
Natural Cure: Cures status conditions whenever you switch out. Not bad.
Poison Point: 30% chance of being poisoned upon physical contact. Not bad either.
Technician(DW) This is where Roserade really shines. This ability (which I can't seem to spell correctly on my first attempt) boosts all attacks with a base power of 60 or lower by 1.5 times. So an attack such as Weather Ball, which normally has a base power of 50, would have a base power of 75 with this ability. Really freaking good.

Roses are prettiest when in the Sun
-Solarbeam
-Weather Ball
-Hidden Power [Ground]
-Shadow Ball
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician/Natural Cure
Nature: Modest (+Sp. Atk, -Atk)
4 Hp/252 Sp. Atk/252 Speed
When Technician is released, use that. Until then, I suggest Natural Cure, as it will be switching out often anyway. Because this should be used in the Sun, Solarbeam is necessary. Weather Ball becomes a Fire type attack, so nice coverage. Hidden Power Ground is for Fire types. Shadow Ball for coverage. I chose Modest over Timid because with Max Speed EVs and IVs without Timid and with Scarf, its Speed peaks at 418.

Cleric
-Aromatherapy
-Giga Drain
-Toxic Spikes
-Sleep Powder/Spikes
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Timid (+Speed, -Atk)
252 Hp/ 4 Sp. Def/252 Speed
This set is basically to heal your team of status conditions and possibly setting up hazards. Giga Drain is to survive longer, while Sleep Powder to stop sweeps or waste a berry.

Roses are red, like BLOOD
-Energy Ball/Magical Leaf
-Hidden Power [Fire]
-Shadow Ball
-Growth/Weather Ball
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure/Technician
Nature: Timid
4 Hp/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd
This is a basic sweeper set. Energy Ball if you have Natural Cure, Magical Leaf with Technician. Shadow Ball and HP Fire for coverage. If you have Technician, choose Weather Ball. If not, I would go with Growth for the extra power.

Other Options
Sludge Bomb serves as high-powered STAB.
Giga Drain over Energy Ball if you want to live longer.
Extrasensory can do some damage, but it has absolutely no good coverage.
Mega Drain can be stronger than Giga Drain with Technician.

Double and Triple Options
Don't.

Partners
Ninetails is nice for Weather Ball, Politoed to lower super-effective Fire attacks. You want to take out Special Walls, so pokemon who can take out the common ones like Conklederp or Dragonite are good. Also, if you want to set up hazards, spin-blockers are good.

Countering Roserade
Physical Fire types kill it, pokemon with high Special Defense and decent Hp wall it. Simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.