• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveshan

My little friend
Jolly LO Outrage vs ScarfGlaceon = 86.4% - 101.8% OHKO with no SD and with rocks up 100% of the time. It can take an EQ though a bit of the time 71.7% - 84.9%. The only move Glaceon can come on safely is Fire Blast.

That seems counter intuitive that the only move it can come in on is a 120 fire attack.

Either way, what this means is that Glaceon could come in on Chomp's fist turn. Either it SD's and then gets OHKO'd or it attacks and maybe doesn't kill the glaceon.

ASB

Weather Team Hater
Isn't BalloonTran a good counter? It either resists or is immune to everything Chomp has unless it runs Brick Break. Fire Fang boosts Flash Fire as an added bonus.

Jolly LO Outrage vs ScarfGlaceon = 86.4% - 101.8% OHKO with no SD and with rocks up 100% of the time. It can take an EQ though a bit of the time 71.7% - 84.9%. The only move Glaceon can come on safely is Fire Blast.

I was somewhat being sarcastic with the Glaceon thing but..

Glaceon @ Choice Scarf
Timid
48 HP / 108 Defense / 200 Special Attack / 152 Speed

Ice Beam
filler
filler
filler

Survives a Lie Orb Garchomp's Stone Edge and OHKOs back. It also survives Yache Chomp's hits after Stealth Rocks and OHKOs back. It won't beat LO Garchomp after Stealth Rocks if it switches in on Outrage but if you're using Glaceon you shouldn't complain. I sort of assumed Garchomp would be Yache Chomp since there are plenty of ways around LO SD Garchomp.

A real counter to Garchomp is Balloon Heatran.

Crobat Ray

PO Username: Ray !
OGM A Glaceon for POTW! :33

Glaceon wants to go physical (Adamant/Jolly)
4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Any abillity
@ Choice band
- Ice Shard
- Rock Smash
- Iron Tail
- Aqua Tail

Or

Fake tears... Wait. Tears can't be fake (Modest/Timid)
80 Hp/ 252 SpA/ 176 Spe
@ Lum berry/ Leftovers
Reccomended: Ice Body
- Fake Tears
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Ground
- Shadow Ball

My favourite set ^

Regice's cihuahua (Calm)
252 HP/ 176 Def/ 80 SpD
@ Leftovers / Icy Rock
Ice Body
-Substitute
- Blizzard
- Toxic
- Protect/ Hail

Nah.

You silly, it's Garchomp, not Glaceon. Read the first page. D:<

Sandchomp
Garchomp @ Leftovers
Sand Veil
252 Att., 252 Speed, 4 defense

Moves:
~Earthquake
~Swords Dance
~Fire Fang
~Outrage

Yes, we've all seen it before. Go in with a sandstorm lead(for some Hippowdon, though I prefer Tyranitar) switch Garchomp into something that you can set up on, let Sand Veil work it's magic, and then sweep. Only now it's allowed in OU. EQ is horribly obvious along with Outrage. Fire Fang for our favorite spiked cactus thingy and any Skarmory that wants to take advantage of Outrage, though a SD'd Chomp will probably power through it. Swoards Dance is... yeah. Boosts it's amazing attack.

Decent speed maxing at 333 is always good, max attack, and finally a little defense to help weather those physical moves. The good thing about this gen is you'll be seeing fewer threats like Weavile around. Yeah, this set is work really well, as long as you have something that can counter Chompy's weaknesses.

Pokemon that go well with this Garchomp:
Tyranitar, Hippowdon, Gliscor, Excadrill, Roopushin, Heatran, Cradily(due to sandstorm you'll be using), etc. Basically anything in a Sandstorm.

;445;
An ace pokemon in my opinion.

Dragon Claw/Outrage/Dual Chop
Earthquake
Stone Edge/Brick break
Crunch

Ability: Sand Vail or if possible its DW ability rough Skin
Nature: Adamant or jolly
item: Perism berry or choice band

an all out move set. self explanitory really. persim berry to cancel the confusion from outrage. dragon claw and dual chop are safe options and still get STAB. Either way you can have it hold the choice band for a good power. stone edge or brick break to give garchomp a good chance against ice types.

In double and triple battles have it in a team that revolves around Sandstorm.
So Tyranitar is a good partner and gliscor too(for earthquake)

Earthquake
protect/Stone Edge
Double Team/StoneEdge

ability: Sand Vail
Nature: adamant or jolly
Item: bright Powder

again self explanitary(or at least to me). Bright Powder and Sand Vail can make it hard to hit protect to guard it from other members own earthquake unless you've maxed out his evasion or confident it wont hit then Stone edge as an extra attack.

Last edited:
Defence-Chomp
impish@leftovers
188hp/200def/122atk
Ability-rough skin/sand veil (if used with sandstream support)
-substitute
-dragon tail
-stealth rock/dragon claw/dual chop
-earthquake

188hp gives you 404 hp for 101hp subs, leftovers for recovery, rough skin to hurt any physical attackers stealth rock for, well... entry hazard although dragon claw could be used for dragon STAB and earthquake for reliable STAB. Dual chop can be used to break through a foes sub, making it a considerable choice

partners- You could partner it with Starmie (ice resistance) and provides special moves
- Tyranitar or Hippowdon for sandstream and support

Counters- Skarmory (for reasons already said) and
- Bronzong (for reasons already said)

Last edited:

rukarion

lucario trainer
;445;
An ace pokemon in my opinion.

Earthquake
Stone Edge/Brick break
Crunch

Ability: Sand Vail or if possible its DW ability rough Skin
Nature: Adamant or jolly
item: Perism berry or choice band

an all out move set. self explanitory really. persim berry to cancel the confusion from outrage. dragon claw and dual chop are safe options and still get STAB. Either way you can have it hold the choice band for a good power. stone edge or brick break to give garchomp a good chance against ice types.

In double and triple battles have it in a team that revolves around Sandstorm.
So Tyranitar is a good partner and gliscor too(for earthquake)

Earthquake
protect/Stone Edge
Double Team/StoneEdge

ability: Sand Vail
Nature: adamant or jolly
Item: bright Powder

again self explanitary(or at least to me). Bright Powder and Sand Vail can make it hard to hit protect to guard it from other members own earthquake unless you've maxed out his evasion or confident it wont hit then Stone edge as an extra attack.

like first idea. instead of brick break, use fire fang, iron tail or iron head for
ice.

and the best item for a garchomp should be the enigma berry.
why?
it heals HP if the other move is super effective

Mr. Marowak

was wrong about Gen6
I think this coverage-coated MixChomp might work...

Garchomp @ Expert Belt
Mild/Quiet
Either Ability
-Dragon Claw/Dragon Pulse/Dragon Rush
-Surf/Aqua Tail
-Flamethrower/Fire Blast
-Earthquake/Dragon Tail/Iron Head/Sandstorm

EV's: 252 Sp. Atk, the rest can go anywhere else, but DEFINITELY 252 Sp. Atk.

Perfect coverage. Dragon (move)as coverage STAB and good coverage, Flamethrower or Fire Blast for great coverage, and Surf or Aqua Tail for PERFECT coverage!!! The fourth move is to fill the gap.

Double/Triple Battle Partners:
Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Starmie, pretty much anything with Ice Resistance. Skarmory works especially well with Sand Veil/Storm and has Ice resistance. A Sand-Streamer like Hippowdon could work and give CoverChomp an extra move over Sandstorm, but only if you choose Sand Veil.

twcopal

Bug Catcher
For starters If you want to make special attacking garchomp dont go with aqua tail dragon claw, earthquake, iron head or dragon tail considering they are a physical move, dont use quiet ability either considering it lowers speed, evs put them in speed as well as sp atk. also if you are going for super effective type coverage, use a ground move: earth power in this case like the following sets
Aqua Tail
Earthquake
Fire Fang
Dragon Claw/Crunch/Stong Edge/Brick Break
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
Ability: Sand Veil
EVS: 252ATK 252SPD 4HP/Def/SP.Def
Item: Expert Belt
Surf
Dragon Pulse
Flame Thrower
Earth Power
EVS: 252SPATK 252 SPD
Nature: Modest
Ability: Sand Vial/Rough Skin
they get 68% super effective coverage and hit every other pokemon nuetrally...
(quotes were from my earlier posts on pg2)

Last edited:
like first idea. instead of brick break, use fire fang, iron tail or iron head for
ice.

and the best item for a garchomp should be the enigma berry.
why?
it heals HP if the other move is super effective

You still take the regular amount of damage first, meaning you will more than likely be OHKO'd before the berry activates.

Epicpip

My stache' is better
Maybe... maybe not... but, the one and only best (or almost so) garchomp counter is... metapod. Think about it... the harden, the... actually, he may not work...

Now being serious, Manaphy is looking pretty good. Garchomp doesn't stand much a chance against a tail glow boosted ice beam.

Now being serious, Manaphy is looking pretty good. Garchomp doesn't stand much a chance against a tail glow boosted ice beam.

Hmm tail glow manaphy does look like a very good option with it base 100 stats and if predicted well should be switched in to something like chomps fire fang/flamethrower/fireblast and then hit back hard with ice beam.

windsong

WEST SIDE
Also, just saying, TTar is a really really bad partner for chomp in doubles.
It's basically a leash forcing you not to spam earthquake (yeah, you can run balloon, but then other stuff like random scarfers still make you hit TTar).

Also Manaphy is banned. jsyk.

Crobat Ray

PO Username: Ray !
What?? I'm wrong?? Okay here's a garchomp set then :(

Wallbreaker
@ Scarf
4 Hp/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Modest
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Surf
- Toxic

There.

Also Manaphy is banned. jsyk.

Manaphy can't take a +2 LO EQ so it doesn't matter anyway, plus it gets outsped by that magic 102 base speed.

What?? I'm wrong?? Okay here's a garchomp set then :(

Wallbreaker
@ Scarf
4 Hp/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Modest
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Surf
- Toxic

There.

Walled by Bliss, Chansey, P2, any special wall really, making it not a wallbreaker.

Scarf Toxic MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM let all those steel types set up on you.

pikamanepicfail45

<dont dis da awsmnes
Good team i am using with garchomp in it (sandstorm duh)-
248.gif
213.gif
445.gif
530.gif
526.gif
142.gif

try it out with your own moves

rain dance team
186.gif
211.gif
171.gif
272.gif
368.gif
490.gif

sunny day
038.gif
003.gif
006.gif
045.gif
154.gif
189.gif

Last edited:
What about, as a partner, someone who can baton pass garchomp some speed like Ninjask.

I did not know that manaphy was banned so sorry for postin that manaphy post

rukarion

lucario trainer
some good counters
Dusknoir with will-o-wisp + ice punch
will-o-wisp murders garchomps attack and ice punch for a sweeper
(even if there is a yache berry, it would still 2HKO garchomp)

what about shuckle with gyro ball, double team, substitute and power trick.
garchomp dead with one hit from gyro ball.

oh, and don't forget regice. zoom lens and blizzard OHKOs garchomp

pikamanepicfail45

<dont dis da awsmnes
Alert! Garchomp can learn crunch when it evolves from gabite!!
Also if shuckle uses power trick it becomes extremely weak to attacks from garchomp

Garchomp @ life orb
252 atk/252 spd/4 sp def
outrage
earthquake
crunch
brick break/stone edge

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.