• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachmac

"I reely can't believe Gorebyss and Huntail stole all the eel puns."

...Just an idea for a name.

Last edited:

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I have a level 100 Eelektross in my Black. He's one of my favorites. Here's what I use:

Life Orb
EV's: sp atk and speed

Thunderbolt
flamethrower
brick break
crunch

I'm not sure about how much coverage it gets, but it works for me.

Kraleck

A-'tross-ity
Stats: Quiet/Sassy, 129 to both defenses, 252 HP, Speed IV 0-3
Item: Leftovers
Moves: Charge Beam, Flamethrower, Coil, Facade/Dragon Claw/Crunch/Brick Break/Rock Slide

This set focuses on beefing up your Stats during Trick Room and digging your 'eels into a comfortable position. Coil's accuracy buff helps Charge Beam and Rock Slide hit their marks. For the 4th Moveslot, Facade if you know your opponent tries to spread Status Effects, the rest is for coverage.

D'Eel with the Devil
Stats: Jolly/Careful/Adamant, max Speed & HP, rest Attack
Item: Metronome
Moves: Spark, Rock Slide, Crush Claw, Coil

This is mainly for Doubles/Triples, but can service a Singles player nicely. Coil boosts Rock Slide and Crush Claw's Accuracy while Spark helps your terrible Speed indirectly. If you're lucky, Crush Claw will add a Defense debuff, allowing for more havoc to be wreaked. In Multi, a Psych Up + Hi Jump Kick Medicham or Psych Up Physical-Hydreigon can use Coil buffs for their benefit.

The Metronome item? There to give an opponent a false sense of a Choice item user.

TimmahX

Just a little note, Eelektross is a pokemon that just oozes unresisted/barely resisted type combos.

- Dark & Fight (Crunch + Brick Break)
- Dragon & Fire (Dragon Claw/Tail + Flamethrower)
- Elec & Ice/Dragon (Thunderbolt + HP[Ice] / Dragon Claw/Tail) (A lot more common but still nice)

Life Orb and Choice sets can really go a long way if you use coverage pairs, and results in the Eel hitting at least neutral on pretty much the whole game. Coming off 115 Attack and 105 Special Attack, that's pretty solid.

Palkia98

Elektross is good, but anything with mold breaker+earthquake and that can outspeed it can kill it.

Eelektross: The first Unovan Pokemon i laid my eyes on, and I've loved him since first sight.

Highest Stat: Attack
Seeing how many types he could possibly counter with his physical move pool, whose types incl. Fight, Dragon, Flying, Dark, Electric, etc., this could come in handy, depending on how you'd want to use him

Mold Breaker?
Item: Air Balloon
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Attack, 4 Defense, 252 Speed
Nature: Adamant
Moves: Dragon Claw, Wild Charge, Flamethrower, Rock Slide

Haxorus w/ Mold Breaker is probably Eelektross' biggest threat. Bt, with the Air Balloon held, a quick Earthquake won't happen. Hitting a Dragon Claw against Haxorus could easily put him in range for a possible 2HKO, maybe even a OHKO. Also, a Trick Room before could be used for support, depending on how you'd utilize Eelektross on your team.

Helping Hand(s): With a not-so good speed, Trick Room, as stated before, would provide a good supporter for Eelektross.

Counter(s): Gravity. Easy way to set-up a quick take down of Eelektross. As mentioned before, Mold Breaker renders Eelektross incapable of taking advantage of no weaknesses.

Melonhead215

"That one guy"
I have a good fEeling about this set.

Eelemantary, my dear watson

Some set names. Idk.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
"DANGER ! DANGER! HIGH VOLTAGE! WHEN WE TOUCH, WHEN WE KISS." lines from the song Danger! High Voltage.

-Acid Spray
-Flamethrower
-HP Ice
-Thunderbolt.

Better if its in a rainy trick room team. PoliKing combo can be a must. (Drissle politoed + Trick room Slowking)

infernape612

Village Idiot
Eelexecuter
Levitate (duh)
252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
Adamant/Jolly
Choice Scarf
Wild Charge - Basic STAB move.
Brick Break - Yeah, Ferrothorn, I've got my eye on you...
Dragon Tail - Weird move to get choice-locked into, huh? It still might have a chance at wrecking a lot of teams. Have fun getting constantly knocked out of the fight... (Wait, is that even legal?)
U-Turn - Just in case you need to pull out as quickly as you came in.

Well, now that my crummy physical set is done...

Eelexecuter's Special Friend
Levitate (duh part 2)
252 SpA/252 Spd/4 HP
Modest/Timid
Choice Scarf
Thunderbolt - Basic STAB move.
Flamethrower - Ferrothorn and Forretress? Not fun.
Flash Cannon - To get Dragon-types who think they can laugh at this set (well, Dialga could still laugh, but we don't need to worry about him, do we? ;) )
Charge Beam/Volt Switch - Either have a constant Special Attack buff, or run away. (Man, I still stink...)

FrostFlash

Wasabi Unagi for any Acid Spray sets.

Anyway, on Coil sets, Thunder over Zap Cannon because of same base power with higher initial accuracy, unless you relly want the 100% paralysis from Zap Cannon.

Eelektross works best under Trick Room.

Quiet/Brave nature
252 Atk, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
Flamethower
Wild Charge/Thunderbolt
HP Ice/Dragon Claw/Crunch
U-Turn/Grass Knot/Brick Break

Quiet is preferred over Brave, as Eelektross's main moves lean more to the special side. However, Brave can be used if you are using physical moves as well. The first 2 moves are a given. The last 2 slots have many options. You can choose between having the Bolt-Beam combo, perfect coverage with Crunch, Brick Break and Flamethrower, or attaining more super-effective hits. U-turn is an option if you encounter a foe Eelektross cannot defeat or if Trick Room is running out, in order to send another foe in to set up Trick Room again.

GameMaster10

Gaming Guru
I think it is pretty decent but you want the moveset in place BEFORE you evolve Eelektrik. I have one in my party that is LV. 100 and have used it in many battles.

Ilan

Eelexecuter
Levitate (duh)
252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
Adamant/Jolly
Choice Scarf
Dragon Tail - Weird move to get choice-locked into, huh? It still might have a chance at wrecking a lot of teams. Have fun getting constantly knocked out of the fight... (Wait, is that even legal?)

Levitate (duh part 2)
252 SpA/252 Spd/4 HP
Modest/Timid
Choice Scarf
Flash Cannon - To get Dragon-types who think they can laugh at this set (well, Dialga could still laugh, but we don't need to worry about him, do we? ;) )
Charge Beam/Volt Switch - Either have a constant Special Attack buff, or run away. (Man, I still stink...)

HP ice> flash cannon always

well electross main asset which takes it appart from electrivire (also known as noobvire) is his mixed potential

electroroom (for trick room teams) @life orb
252 attack, 252 HP, 4 special attack (0 speed IVs)
Quiet/brave

-Thunderbolt/wild charge
-Flamethrower
-U-turn/volt switch
-Dragon claw

Thunderbolt/wild charge is a strong STAB which shouldn't be underestimated...
Flamethrower is the best way to beat scizor,ferrothorn,venosaur and others
U-turn and volt switch are for scouting which you need on a trick room team for more trick room setting..
Dragon claw + flamethrower is only resisted by heatran so it gives a creat coverage best partners are reuniculus,slowbro/king,bronzongor every other pokemon which set trick room with ease..

MetalCrow

Time for the super-noobiest electross set i could think of...i dub thee:

Noob'tross
------------------
Electross+ expert belt
Brave+252Att./252Sp.Att
-Thunderbolt
-HP Ice
-Brick Break
-Crunch

As you can see, this set takes the best coverage on the physical side and and best coverage on the special side
and smashes them together for epic coverage...so much coverage it's electrifying :D

Electross...why you no has Fire Blast?!?! :(

Last edited:

Blaze12x2

Mon-tross-ity
Electross@Muscle Band/Expert Belt
Adamant
252Atk/100Def/100Sp.Def/52 Hp
Coil
Wild Charge
Brick Break
Dragon Claw/Crush Claw

Pretty Basic, but useful.The Muscle Band makes up for its Attack stat as well as coil for a boost in Defence.Brick Break takes care of Bulky steels mainly Ferrrothorn and rocks such as Tyranitar and Dragon/Crush Claw is there mainly as a filler but can still be useful.

Last edited:

NAMBIRI

This is the most Eelektrifying Pokémon of the week. I am SHOCKED that people think Huntail and Goressbye(however you spell it) but I don't fEel that way when it comes to Eelektross. Eelektross can rEely Coil up more than just pun with its Eelektricity. You don't mess with Eelektross or Eelse it will zap you.

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
Coiltross
Eelektross @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
164 HP/ 252 Sp.Def/ 94 Sp.Atk
Sassy/Quiet Nature

Moves
Coil
Zap Cannon/Thunder
Rock Slide
Flamethrower/Dragon Claw

This a somewhat unorthodox Mixed Eelektross set I made for my Trick Room Team. Coil is a great boosting move, and allows Eelektross to spam Zap Cannon/Thunder with little fear. Go with Zap Cannon if you want the 100% of paralysis, or Thunder if you want more power. Rock Slide is a good move which benefits greatly from a Coil boost. And lastly, Flamethrower and Dragon Claw are somewhat of a filler. Flamethrower can roast Grass types, which resist your STAB.

Specstross
Eelektross @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
4 HP/ 252 Sp.Atk./ 252 Spd or 252 HP/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 4 Def
Modest Nature

Moves
Thunderbolt
Flamethower
Grass Knot/Hidden Power [Ice]
U-Turn/Volt Switch

Eelektross has a decent Base 105 Special Attack, so with a Choice Specs equipped, Eelektross can hit pretty hard, and catch people off guard expecting a Coil set. Thunderbolt is the obvious STAB of choice, with Flamethrower roasting them Grass types trying to switch in. Grass Knot takes care of heavy Ground types, but I don't think there's that many big pokes in NU, so Hidden Power [Ice] is an option. It also takes care of Altaria. And finally U-Turn and Volt Switch are there to make sure Eelektross escapes any unpleasant match ups. I listed U-Turn because running two Electric type moves in one set seems a bit obnoxious, but that's just me.

GirlKirbyZombie

Pokemon Rancher
I have one of these on my main team. From experience, I say don't teach it wild charge. It won't last too long.

Anyways, This set might work.

"Zen Leech"
Nature: Quiet/Sassy
EVs: Can't determine. I'm not so good with mixed sweepers
Item: Evolite (if Eelektrik) or Bright Powder (if Eelektross)
Moves:
Coil
Zap cannon
Spark/Dragon Claw/Brick break/Attract/Double Team
Spark/Dragon Claw/Brick break/Attract/Double Team

A set like this can be used offensively or defensively, but the main idea is that you get to have more accuracy on Zap Cannon. On the offensive side, the paralysis can help slow down some pokes and new members can come in for the kill. On the defensive side, you can stall out your foe, just watch out for Special attacks! Partner Pokemon should have Light Screen, at the least, handy. An After You user or a Quasher is recommended, too.

Vandslaux

Eelexecuter
Levitate (duh)
252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
Adamant/Jolly
Choice Scarf

Levitate (duh part 2)
252 SpA/252 Spd/4 HP
Modest/Timid
Choice Scarf

Why Choice Scarf, when he's so slow? Sure, I've used Scarf Aggron in RU (and he didn't do very well), but I didn't know what his Speed was.

Anyway, honestly, I think the last 4 EVs on most Eelektross sets should go into Speed, to outrun no Speed Regirock.

Zachmac

Looking at it's speed...

Wow, a max speed Eelektross with a choice scarf doesn't even reach 300 speed. That's pretty bad.

Edit: Oh, that was adamant. My bad. 327 with a scarf. Still bad, just one point under base 100 speed, and your rarely see pokemon with 100 speed running offensive roles without a way to boost speed. There are also pokemon like Celebi that uses their bulk for offensive roles...that's more of bulky offense, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.