• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #69

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachmac

Okay, even if I don't encourage it's use, I think we're kind of making Vespiquen out to be worse then it really is. It's got decent stats and a good recovery move, so it is at least usable. Well, at the very least, more viable then Delibird.

MetalCrow

Okay, even if I don't encourage it's use, I think we're kind of making Vespiquen out to be worse then it really is. It's got decent stats and a good recovery move, so it is at least usable. Well, at the very least, more viable then Delibird.

Idk, at least delibird can revenge kill with ice shard

Edit: if you're gonna troll with junk pokemon, at least using delibird makes sure that you don't look serious...
But, seriously now, beedrill does the the whole bee thing better (as well as access to focus energy + sniper)

Last edited:

philzone

Ready for trumpets
Vespiquen is decent at walling grass types, but that is quite rare to see. It has access to the awesome toxic-venoshock combo, which decimates non steel types. Pressure is far better for wall/stalling as it stings your foe if you are attaced, as unnerve is useless.NEVER USE. Combee does well, but with the focus-endeavor combo, it lacks the priority move to make the set viable. Now items. Iron ball just for trickroom,evolite for combee, charti berry to soften that nasty rock 4x weakness, and also the enigma berry, which softens super effective hits.

Last edited:

Zachmac

Vespiquen is decent at walling grass types, but that is quite rare to see. It has access to the awesome toxic-venoshock combo, which decimates non rock types. Pressure is far better for wall/stalling as it stings your foe if you are attaced, as unnerve is useless.NEVER USE. Combee does well, but with the focus-endeavor combo, it lacks the priority move to make the set viable. Now items. Iron ball just for trickroom,evolite for combee, charti berry to soften that nasty rock 4x weakness, and also the enigma berry, which softens super effective hits.
Okay, it can wall grass types, and they are kind of rare. Pressure is also it's best ability, for stalling out those nasty Stone Edges. But I do disagree with some other things.

Toxic-Venoshock...Well, not only is poison a bad offensive typing, but that combo is better off on pokemon who have it STABed, who can truly take advantage of it's high power. Those berries are used up easily, and being a defensive pokemon, it wants something that'll help it in the long run. Leftovers is easily the best option. And Iron Ball/Trick Room? Yet another person is getting TR all wrong. Trick Room is most viable as a bulky, offensive strategy. The only completely defensive walls you should see should be setting up trick room. All your others should be powerful tanks. Trick Room doesn't last long enough for defensive strategies.

henryshen11

loading...99%
vespiquen has a better-than-average defence, but it's more powerfuls are only attack attack order or acrobatics+flying gem. It's a special pokemon though, with 3 signature moves only it can know.

SuperArtNinja

Suicune Trainer
Vespiquen, I like this pokemon, it's such a shame Stealth Rock exists. It totally kills her dead.

It didn't sting a bit!
Vespiquen @ Leftovers
Pressure
Impish
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp. Def
Roost/ Heal Order
Defend Order
Attack Order
Toxic

Blah, blah, blah, the only set Vespiquen can really run...

Well you could run this set if you're trying to be funny... Just don't use this competitively... Or with Evasion Clause on...

Two bees, or not two bees...
Vespiquen @ Bright Powder/ Leftovers
Pressure
Bold
252 HP 252 Def 4 Sp. Def
Double Team
Mud Slap
Roost
Toxic/ Defend Order/ Signal Beam/ Confuse Ray

This is just trolling... If you don't have evasion clause or if you plan to troll you friends then this COULD be annoying... Take a fairly bulky wall with a good recovery move, make it hard to hit, then laugh as you spread Toxic poison and force switches and if you have your own entry hazards, then laugh as they rack up even more passive damage... and if they can hit you, it probably won't kill you (as long as the move isn't rock that is). I think I'll troll someone with this... This set is so dumb... I suggest Signal Beam but only if you don't want to be stuck with only Mud Slap as your damaging move after you've been taunted.

tl;dr : Vespiquen troll set that should NEVER bee used

Or you could run a crappy Sp. Attacking version... but why would you? YANMA outclasses it! Yanma may have 5 less Sp. Attack but it at least gets Bug Buzz and Air Slash, as well as access to two better abilities... And not to mention much better Speed... Only real difference is that Vespiquen has the ability to take like, 1 or 2 more hits than Yanma...

Don't even try a physical sweeper set... Beedrill out classes her in that... She has pretty much no moves other than Attack Order, Return/Frustration, Aerial Ace or Acrobatics + Flying Gem...

There are my awful bee puns for the day...

philzone

Ready for trumpets
Vespiquen, I like this pokemon, it's such a shame Stealth Rock exists. It totally kills her dead.

It didn't sting a bit!
Vespiquen @ Leftovers
Pressure
Impish
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp. Def
Roost/ Heal Order
Defend Order
Attack Order
Toxic

Blah, blah, blah, the only set Vespiquen can really run...

Well you could run this set if you're trying to be funny... Just don't use this competitively... Or with Evasion Clause on...

Two bees, or not two bees...
Vespiquen @ Bright Powder/ Leftovers
Pressure
Bold
252 HP 252 Def 4 Sp. Def
Double Team
Mud Slap
Roost
Toxic/ Defend Order/ Signal Beam/ Confuse Ray

This is just trolling... If you don't have evasion clause or if you plan to troll you friends then this COULD be annoying... Take a fairly bulky wall with a good recovery move, make it hard to hit, then laugh as you spread Toxic poison and force switches and if you have your own entry hazards, then laugh as they rack up even more passive damage... and if they can hit you, it probably won't kill you (as long as the move isn't rock that is). I think I'll troll someone with this... This set is so dumb... I suggest Signal Beam but only if you don't want to be stuck with only Mud Slap as your damaging move after you've been taunted.

tl;dr : Vespiquen troll set that should NEVER bee used

Or you could run a crappy Sp. Attacking version... but why would you? YANMA outclasses it! Yanma may have 5 less Sp. Attack but it at least gets Bug Buzz and Air Slash, as well as access to two better abilities... And not to mention much better Speed... Only real difference is that Vespiquen has the ability to take like, 1 or 2 more hits than Yanma...

Don't even try a physical sweeper set... Beedrill out classes her in that... She has pretty much no moves other than Attack Order, Return/Frustration, Aerial Ace or Acrobatics + Flying Gem...

There are my awful bee puns for the day...

Love to see a double team set, but double team is banned:-(
Bright powder gives it that edge,but wasted really. Try leftovers.
And also, if it recieves a curse-batton pass from umbreon(or others if there are any) it makes a deadly sweeper.
Shiftry was viable with 10/20 more att/sp att than vespiquen,so you could try it.

SuperArtNinja

Suicune Trainer
Love to see a double team set, but double team is banned:-(
Bright powder gives it that edge,but wasted really. Try leftovers.
And also, if it recieves a curse-batton pass from umbreon(or others if there are any) it makes a deadly sweeper.
Shiftry was viable with 10/20 more att/sp att than vespiquen,so you could try it.

Actually, if you read my post, I said about the Double Team set that you can only use it when Evasion Clause is not in effect, or if you were just planning on trolling your friends anyway. This second set was more or less a joke since Vespiquen has so few options to begin with. Leftovers is listed as an option but I said Brightpowder because it is more hax and it has Roost anyway.

Why mention Shiftry? What was your point? These questions are not meant to offend.

Why bother Baton Passing Curse to Vespiquen at all? it doesn't have a move pool to effectively make use of the extra attack anyway. Attack Order, Aerial Ace/ Acrobatics, Pursuit and Return are the only moves it has, and all are resisted by Steel types. If you are sweeping with Vespiquen it requires you to get rid of Steel types. And with Vespiquen's poor speed, move pool and many weaknesses it CAN'T sweep effectively.

Vandslaux

This

10char

Vespiquen isn't super terrible. Way better than Delibird at least, lol. The thing is, Vespiquen can actually use a SubRoost set decently with Pressure. The main problem is that the only other Pressure SubRooster in the tier is Articuno, has more than enough advantages to be used over Vespiquen, but at least the bee has a 4x resistance to Fighting instead of neutrality.

I know Delibird may seem like a fun awesomeness statement, but think about it. All Vespiquen are female, so if you're a huge women's rights activist, this is the Pokemon for you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.