• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #74

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilan

Iron tail and water pulse are Gen 4 Tutor moves. Metal Claw can increase the user's Attack. Flash Cannon can lower the target's Sp Defense. But don't worry, I already made some changes.

I meant... those moves are bad... brick break? force palm?
do you play wifi or pokemon online? cause those moves are weak compared to Close Combat and lucario steel STAB is useless the only pokemons I can think who use steel STAB are gyro ball users metagross some magnezones and scizor...

poison jab? why?

Last edited:

tomjames1966

Personal/Mixed Moveset
Justified w/ Scope Lens
Aura Sphere
Metal Claw
Blaze Kick
Earthquake/Stone Edge

Physical-only
Justified w/ Muscle Band
Adamant w/ 248 Attack, 124 Defense, 124 Sp Defense, 14 Speed
Force Palm/Close Combat/Brick Break
Metal Claw/Bulk Up (148 Sp Def/100 Def if this)
Blaze Kick/Shadow Claw/Payback/Poison Jab
Earthquake/Stone Edge

Special-only
Steadfast w/ Wise Specs
Modest w/ 248 Sp Attack, 124 Defense, 124 Sp Defense, 14 Speed
Aura Sphere/Focus Blast
Flash Cannon/Calm Mind (148 Def/100 Sp Def if this)
Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball
Psychic

Partners:
Beat Up-users if Justified is chosen
Surf-users if Absorb Bulb is held by an all-special
Discharge-users if Recharable Battery is held by an all-physical

Countering
A Defensive pokemon that knows Fire/Fighting/Ground-type attacks like Garchomp, Charizard or Infernape.
If Trick Room is in effect, Will-o-wisp & Night Shade Cofagrigus, Physical Dusknoir/Metagross/Hitmontop/Dragonite, Heat Rotom, Blastoise, Special Togekiss, Focus Blast Gothitelle, and Altaria are recommended.
Earthquake-users like Scolipede; if Trick Room is in effect, Bronzong, Claydol, Torterra, and Meganium.

Force Palm, Poison Jab and Metal Claw are horrible attacks. Brick Break maybe. And why Scope lens on the 1st set. You already have Aura Sphere and the rest of the attacks are 100 accuracy and having an item for 1 move is pointless. It is much better using that item slot for an item like leftovers.

Tomjames1966: Scope lens boost's your crit ratio, not accuracy. Scope lens is perfectly viable. But I have to agree with you, Metal Claw, Poison Jab and Force Palm re rubbish. Don't use them.

tomjames1966

Tomjames1966: Scope lens boost's your crit ratio, not accuracy. Scope lens is perfectly viable. But I have to agree with you, Metal Claw, Poison Jab and Force Palm re rubbish. Don't use them.
My mistake. I always get confused with scope lens and zoom lens. But still, I think that there is a better item than Scope lens.

Tomjames1966: Crits can decide matches! Let's say you're battling a poke that can OHKO you, but you can only 2HKO them back. It's your last poke but it's their last poke as well. You're faster. You outspeed them, get a crit and kill them, winning the match.

Anyway, my assumption for next week is Weavile. (so I can do little cup ^^; )

Last edited:

Ilan

Tomjames1966: Crits can decide matches! Let's say you're battling a poke that can OHKO you, but you can only 2HKO them back. It's your last poke but it's their last poke as well. You're faster. You outspeed them, get a crit and kill them, winning the match.

Anyway, my assumption for next week is Weavile. (so I can do little cup ^^;)

Crit chance is only 5% with scope lent it is 7% (or maybe 10% I don't remmember)

a crit is *2 damage ignoring defense boosts but it is nothing special above the normal rate
the only pokemon which are viable are those with super luck (absol,togekiss,honchkrow,unfezant)
absol is the only one which isn't bad (unfezant) or have better ability (serene grace/super luck) and those guys with full crit chance get only to 25% which is kinda low.

anyway life orb is better cause it boost damage always.

Crit chance is only 5% with scope lent it is 7% (or maybe 10% I don't remmember)

a crit is *2 damage ignoring defense boosts but it is nothing special above the normal rate
the only pokemon which are viable are those with super luck (absol,togekiss,honchkrow,unfezant)
absol is the only one which isn't bad (unfezant) or have better ability (serene grace/super luck) and those guys with full crit chance get only to 25% which is kinda low.

anyway life orb is better cause it boost damage always.

Critical hits have a 6.25 percent chance of occurring normally. It's a 12.5% with Scope Lens. With Super Luck on that, it turns into 25%. If the attack has extra crit rate, it goes even higher reaching 33.3%. Using Focus Energy makes it reach the cap of 50%.

This is all from memory but I'm certain that my info is correct.

Vandslaux

OK, I admit I've used Scope Lens Lucario ingame.. and it worked OK. But this is competitive. LO is better.

sbktdreed

Veteran Trainer
I meant... those moves are bad... brick break? force palm?
do you play wifi or pokemon online? cause those moves are weak compared to Close Combat and lucario steel STAB is useless the only pokemons I can think who use steel STAB are gyro ball users metagross some magnezones and scizor...

poison jab? why?

Eventhough Force Palm does paralysis, I'll make some more changes to the post. I'd already made up my mind on Metal Claw from my personal moveset and I'm not removing because of someone has a problem with the power like Bullet Punch. Also, I made another moveset:

Critical Set
Justified w/ Scope Lens/Life Orb
Adamant w/ 248 Attack, 14 Sp Defense, 248 Speed
Close Combat
Shadow Claw
Stone Edge
Swords Dance/Bulk Up

Last edited:

MetalCrow

Eventhough Force Palm does paralysis, I'll make some more changes to the post. I'd already made up my mind on Metal Claw from my personal moveset and I'm not removing because of someone has a problem with the power like Bullet Punch. Also, I made another moveset:

Critical Set
Justified w/ Scope Lens
Adamant w/ 248 Attack, 124 Defense, 124 Sp Defense, 14 Speed
Close Combat
Shadow Claw
Stone Edge
Swords Dance/Bulk Up

Ok, first off... wtf is up with defense ev's on an offensive lucario?!??!? Lucario isn't built to tank hits...all those ev's are doing is retracting from its offensive capabilities...second, there's no point in having an ev count that isn't divisible by 4 due to it taking 4close ev points to add one point to a stat...third, im pretty sure that those evs also exceed the maximim allowed ev points for any one single pokemon...other than that, your set looks almost identical in design to other sets possted except for the inferior scope lens item...and the lack of offense that lucario deserves...luke needs speed...bad

sbktdreed

Veteran Trainer
Ok, first off... wtf is up with defense ev's on an offensive lucario?!??!? Lucario isn't built to tank hits...all those ev's are doing is retracting from its offensive capabilities...second, there's no point in having an ev count that isn't divisible by 4 due to it taking 4close ev points to add one point to a stat...third, im pretty sure that those evs also exceed the maximim allowed ev points for any one single pokemon...other than that, your set looks almost identical in design to other sets possted except for the inferior scope lens item...and the lack of offense that lucario deserves...luke needs speed...bad

I already made the changes. I tranfered the almost all the defenses to Speed. 255 is the max and 248+248+14=510.

Last edited:

Takeo

Wow am i missing something?, no puns? WTF IS THIS ****
no "Luke, I am your father"
no "May the Force be with you" or even better “Use the Force, Luke.”
i must be blind
**** man you can make the whole potw have star war puns, i swear Blue Harvest (there's another one you can use, your own freaking name!) you better not ruin this chance to make it all star war puns!
“I’m Luke Skywalker, I’m here to rescue you.”-most suited quote for late game SW Life Orb Sweeper.

Last edited:
I didn't recommend Scope lens. It's just an okay item. Life Orb is much better. But if you don't like it's recoil and expert belt (maybe your using a move just because it gets neutral hits on many pokémon like Dragon Pulse ) then you can use scope lens because lucky crits are good for you, and can decide a match.yway

Anyway, don't use Metal claw. BP is much better. Lucario is slow for a sweeper (making priority a must) , and Metal claw is also weak. In addition, it's only SE on two types, Rock and Ice, which fighting is also SE on.

Edit: and some more (bad) puns.

May the force be with you, Luke. (special set)
No! Obi-Wan! I shall avenge you................... (physical set)
Aura Destruction!

I'll think of some later.

Last edited:

tomjames1966

I didn't recommend Scope lens. It's just an okay item. Life Orb is much better. But if you don't like it's recoil and expert belt (maybe your using a move just because it gets neutral hits on many pokémon like Dragon Pulse ) then you can use scope lens because lucky crits are good for you, and can decide a match.

Edit: and some more (bad) puns.

May the force be with you, Luke. (special set)
No! Obi-Wan! I shall avenge you................... (physical set)
Aura Destruction!

I'll think of some later.
The one in bold has already been posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.