• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #77

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwiftGrovyle

Official POTW Fact Checker
I mentioned move tutors in the Cobalion POTW.

1. We weren't sure of mt's then. It was still a shot in the dark. They were only rumors until today.
2. Thx, sorry I wasn't really here to see that, if you did.
3. The Pokemon mt's will still need to be confirmed, which poke learns what(though some are more than obvious). The earliest that will be discovered will be when the game comes out on saturday, unless Nintendo wishes otherwise. So please, as it is a controversial subject as of now, no one discuss this until complete confirmation of the moves that the POTW will learn through these mt's. It will waist posts on what we really are supposed to talk about- sets of competive play, and additional present possibilities alongside that. I may not be in charge of potw, but I know when we are going off topic. So let's get back to
Terrakion, shall we?

Counters
Scizor can sting with bp, but it can't get in free. Jellicent, probably one of the best counters, because it can play mind games with this guy- it can switch in to a choiced fighting move, burn it, spray water at it. Other ghosts, such as Gengar, can come in to even a life orbed variant on the fighting move. It can set a sub, to stall, will'o wisp, Giga drain, and though I doubt anyone uses rain based Gengar with hp water anymore, it's still good against our big bully.
As it was said by another person on here, Azumarill is a good option, as it gets a good attack and priority, but like Scizor, it works only as a revenge kill because it can't switch in. Unlike Scizor though, Azumarill is rarely found in OU, if at all.
Any steel can come into a Rock move, unless its a Swords dance (or work up, as I have mentioned that option before. It's actually worth a try!)
Any ghost could really come in to a fighting or x-scizzor.
Burn ruins most variants except for work up, and hazers ruin those and swords dancers. Why you should carry Weezing, another counter of sorts. It can take a lot of it's Stab moves, and burn and clear smog back. Though, like Azumarill, it's not common in OU.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Bh has told me to post the puns we make up.

TERRAfying
The Monkey is the Terrakion, the Frog is Everything
We will rock you
If the puns don't make you sick, they aren't... punny
The OU Bully
Banded Terrakion Don't Care
Ew, he's Stone Edging that poor bird

Last edited:

SwiftGrovyle

Official POTW Fact Checker

TERRAfying
We will rock you
The OU Bully

I like the last one. Very typical.
But yeah, Can you think of one that has something to do with making mountains bow down? I can't think of one for that. So if you could, thanks.

maciscool

jolly
252 attack and speed 4 hp
choice band
close combat
stone edge
x scissors
sacred sword/quick attack

dont use earthquake
akthough it doesnt lower your defenses terrakions stab does enough

counters:These counters are not ou, but worth mentioning because there terrakions best counters
Golurk,tangrowth claydol, and nidoqueen

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Oh... I just thought of a good one. Terra of the 7 Continents.

Also, for the mountains one, I guess you could do "This little piggy went and toppled a mountain" if you have that in the states, if not, then "So scary, mountains fall Terrafied", and if that ones badly worded then maybe "The mountains fell in terra". My puns are too plain. Quoting bh, they're not even punny (i love that lol).

MetalCrow

If you want a good title for terrakion then use this...
"He who topples mountains and fells all who oppose"
It's not a quote or a pun but it works so much better

TrollFreak

Pit is Awesome :P
Nah that's stupid, you have to open your mind to the possibilities,
for example Terrakion, when I look at it I see a 'Bull' or 'Pitbull' as someone mentioned
so its time for Bull puns ^^

-Long horn red horn
-Take the bull by the horns
-Becoming the Bull
-Bull Fight Dance
Hell this whole Potw is full of Bull

I want these puns, BH can take barbs!

Ilan

Terrakion got stealth rock will you put it on other options? I know it screws the SD on the switch but terra cause SO many switchs that it an lay stealth rock then switch out of the counter.

Takeo

TERRAfying
We will rock you
The OU Bully

These are terri-bull. Its good your not cowed by the facts these suck. Many people just be mooooooooo-ing along to avoid having to hoof it to the board and tell such a tail. Thats what i herd, its a toro-bull thing.

heres some.

A cow by any other name, is just as doe-eyed.

Stop being Bull headed.

My bulldog ran off, just to be safe, I'm putting up Bulletins.

Your a Can-A-Bull.

Bullseye.

In a bullfight, if the bull manages to take the Matador's accoutrement..
Does that make him 'Cape-A-Bull'????????????????????

How about for tomorrow, Virizion Wireless!

Over my dead Internet Presence.

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
The moves which Terrakion got thanks to B2W2 move tutors are Iron Head, Block, Earth Power, Superpower, Zen Headbutt, Snore, Helping Hand, Stealth Rock, Sleep Talk.

Out of these only Stealth Rock and Zen Headbutt seems useful to me. Though a Sleep Talk set may be useful.

Edit: Is it possible to only update last week's Cobalion POTW with the new useful Move Tutor moves of B2W2.

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
The moves which Terrakion got thanks to B2W2 move tutors are Iron Head, Block, Earth Power, Superpower, Zen Headbutt, Snore, Helping Hand, Stealth Rock, Sleep Talk.

Out of these only Stealth Rock and Zen Headbutt seems useful to me. Though a Sleep Talk set may be useful.

Edit: Is it possible to only update last week's Cobalion POTW with the new useful Move Tutor moves of B2W2.

I don't think we ever updated the POTW so probably not.

The credit for Virizion Wireless goes to me=p

Status
Not open for further replies.