• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #79

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookies kill you

Like a boss
Calm yourself pony
leftovers
modest
justified
ev 252 spa 252 spe 4 def
Hydro pump/Scald/Surf
Focus Blast/Secret Sword
Calm mind
hidden power

Ilan

Your parents must be so proud... really stop doing it it is annoying..

anyway:
Do you like PUNY PUNs?
@life orb/leftovers
Timid
Justified
252 sp.attack, 252 speed, 4 HP
-Secret Sword
-Hydro Pump
-Hidden power Ghost/Hidden Power Ice
-Calm mind

Secret Sword is a realiable STAB it is better than Focus Blast by missing MUCH less and also 0HKOing blissey (I even don't need to calculate it is a 270 BP move aimed to the weaker defense stat..).
Hydro Pump- in OU there is not such thing accuracy vs. power if you don't hit hard enough it is the same as missing Hydro pump is much stronger compared to surf specially in the rain this move is the debasting move of keldeo if you don't resist expect atleast half of your HP gone and if you do it is like a 90 BP move.
HP ghost hits hard pokemons who resist STABs like celebi, lati@s, jellicent (u jelly?) and other stuff also fighting + ghost= perfect coverage.. while HP ghost is good sometimes it won't hit hard enough some grass and dragon types specially dragonite or amoongus so HP ice comes to patch this thing..
Keldeo doesn't have a nasty mind thus don't have nasty plot and need to use calm mind to raise his sp.attack .

Pony By Choice.
@choice specs
Timid/Modest
252 sp.attack, 252 speed, 4 HP
Justified
-Hydro Pump
-Secret Sword
-HP Ghost
-Icy Wind

This set have immediate power compared to the CM set the moves do the same but Icy wind is kind of filler to hit dragonite and double weaknesses better as you don't really have a 4th spot..

Other Options:
Aqua Jet,Physical set,Resolution Form,Focus Blast,Surf, defensive,reflect,sub,Taunt

Aqua Jet- might work to finish off an opponent as a filler if you need to revenge kill a sashed pokemon like alakazam.. but yeah that's all the use
Physical- even at +2 Keldeo isn't too intimidating.. and also I am not sure if you are forced to run resolution form with secret sword.
Resolution form- if you can to not use it better it tells the opponent 1 of your moves and if you have to use it then the physical set also loses his surprise factor.
Focus Blast- AKA focus miss.. misses at critical moments also don't KO blissey so why should you use it? power? it misses too much.
Surf- too weak for OU if you really want to sweep use full power.
Defensive- only 91/90/90 defenses and adds nothing new to support.
Reflect can be used with calm mind to increase the unboosted stat but I am not sure if it worth it
Sub- works good on the CM set countering ditto a +.
Taunt- prevent set ups if you need a filler move use this.

Brace yourself MLP puns are comming.

Last edited:

MX42

Slightly Mad...
My Little Keldeo: Choice is Magic
-Timid
-4 HP, 252 Spa, 252 Spe
-Choice Specs
-Hydro Pump
-Secret Sword
-Hidden Power Ghost
-Icy Wind

Really powerful stuff here. Hydro Pump destroys anything in front of you that does not resist it or is not Blissey or Chansey. Secret Sword destroys Blissey, Chansey, Specially Defencive Ferrothorn, Tyranitar. It destroys any special wall that is not Jellient, Latias, or Reluniles, which is what HP Ghost is for, denting the thorns in your side. Icy Wind, which Keldeo obtained via tutor, helps destroy Dragons and either form of Landorus. The only things outspeeding you besides Scarfers are Jolteon, which would not want to switch in to a Specs Hydro Pump, Alakazam, which is in the same boat as Jolteon, and either form of Tornadus, which would not appreciate Stealth Rock damage and an Icy Wind.

Counters

Keldeo is no Terrakion. It can be countered. Latias can CM against any Keldeo and laughs at Icy Wind. HP Ghost will do slight damage, but 99.99% of Latias an take it. Jellicent, can take either of its stabs with immunities and Toxic the unicorn. Tornadus outspeeds it and OHKO's it with Hurricane, but Keldeo can take a beating with a CM or two under its belt. Virizion and Celebi can take its attacks with ease, but Celebi will hate a HP Ghost in its face. Amoongus, an underrated pokemon rising in usage, can take any attack from a Keldeo that does not have 3 or more CMs, can Spore it, or even remove its boosts with Clear Smog. While Jolteon and Alakazam are far too frail to switch in, both can OHKO with their stabs. Latios, wjile not as much of a tank as Latias is, can deal devastating damage to our pony. Also, Scarf Thunderus T outspeeds all non scarf Keldeo and OHKO's with Thunder...

MX42

Slightly Mad...
-Timid
-4 HP, 252 Spa, 252 Spe
-Choice Specs
-Hydro Pump
-Secret Sword
-Hidden Power Ghost
-Icy Wind

Really powerful stuff here. Hydro Pump destroys anything in front of you that does not resist it or is not Blissey or Chansey. Secret Sword destroys Blissey, Chansey, Specially Defencive Ferrothorn, Tyranitar. It destroys any special wall that is not Jellient, Latias, or Reluniles, which is what HP Ghost is for, denting the thorns in your side. Icy Wind, which Keldeo obtained via tutor, helps destroy Dragons and either form of Landorus. The only things outspeeding you besides Scarfers are Jolteon, which would not want to switch in to a Specs Hydro Pump, Alakazam, which is in the same boat as Jolteon, and either form of Tornadus, which would not appreciate Stealth Rock damage and an Icy Wind.

Counters

Keldeo is no Terrakion. It can be countered. Latias can CM against any Keldeo and laughs at Icy Wind. HP Ghost will do slight damage, but 99.99% of Latias an take it. Jellicent, can take either of its stabs with immunities and Toxic the unicorn. Tornadus outspeeds it and OHKO's it with Hurricane, but Keldeo can take a beating with a CM or two under its belt. Virizion and Celebi can take its attacks with ease, but Celebi will hate a HP Ghost in its face. Amoongus, an underrated pokemon rising in usage, can take any attack from a Keldeo that does not have 3 or more CMs, can Spore it, or even remove its boosts with Clear Smog. While Jolteon and Alakazam are far too frail to switch in, both can OHKO with their stabs. Latios, wjile not as much of a tank as Latias is, can deal devastating damage to our pony. Also, Scarf Thunderus T outspeeds all non scarf Keldeo and OHKO's with Thunder...

MX42

Slightly Mad...
-Timid
-4 HP, 252 Spa, 252 Spe
-Choice Specs
-Hydro Pump
-Secret Sword
-Hidden Power Ghost
-Icy Wind

Counters

Kraleck

Keldeo's Movepool is...well, more garbage than a dozen Garbodor's bodies. Not that the Moves it gets are bad, far from it - the lack of Moves it can actually use is the part where Keldeo is less of a Special-based Terrakion and more of an are-you-on-crack-ion:
-Usable Water STAB - Hydro Pump, Surf, Scald, Aqua Jet
-Usable Fighting STAB - Focus Blast, Secret Sword
-Other Special-based Moves - Icy Wind, Hidden Power, Round (only for Water + Normal's Type-coverage)
-Misc - Calm Mind, Toxic, Swagger, Light Screen, Reflect, Psych Up

Don't bother too much with Physical-Keldeo. Like Special-Terrakion, you'll be wasting time, especially since Electric, Grass, Flying, and Psychic Type Moves are too common to be messing around.

Ilan

Keldeo's Movepool is...well, more garbage than a dozen Garbodor's bodies. Not that the Moves it gets are bad, far from it - the lack of Moves it can actually use is the part where Keldeo is less of a Special-based Terrakion and more of an are-you-on-crack-ion:
-Usable Water STAB - Hydro Pump, Surf, Scald, Aqua Jet
-Usable Fighting STAB - Focus Blast, Secret Sword
-Other Special-based Moves - Icy Wind, Hidden Power, Round (only for Water + Normal's Type-coverage)
-Misc - Calm Mind, Toxic, Swagger, Light Screen, Reflect, Psych Up

Don't bother too much with Physical-Keldeo. Like Special-Terrakion, you'll be wasting time, especially since Electric, Grass, Flying, and Psychic Type Moves are too common to be messing around.

Keldo doesn't learn Light Screen so he can't act as a dual screener..

and MEH keldeo's movepool isn't THAT bad.. could be excavalier..

Shazdar

Why is blue?
The sword becomes the horn
Nature: Timid,Modest
Item Choice Specs
4 HP 252Spa 252Spe
Secret Sword
Surf/Scald
Calm Mind
Hp Ice or Ghost

Secret Sword is fighting STAB and causes Resolution form
Surf is more power. Scald burns so you take less damage
Calm Mind boosts Keldeo's already moster Special Attack more
Hidden Power Ice or Ghost for more coverage.

Last edited:

GirlKirbyZombie

Pokemon Rancher
Sonic Rainboom
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Sp.Att, and 4 Sp. Def
Item: Wide Lens
Moves:
Hyrdo Pump
Focus Blast
Aqua Jet
Calm Mind

High risk: High return! If possible, try to skill swap for compound eyes. That way, you can have another item held.

TerraWolf

Banned
Keldeo only has 2 usable sets and should always be Max Special Attack and Max Speed for both

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Modest
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Calm Mind
Hydro Pump
Secret Sword
Hidden Power Ghost / Ice

Calm Mind is Obv, Hydro Pump and Secret Sword for Reliable STAB, and HP Ghost to counter Jellicent and Celebi or HP Ice to counter Dragon and Grass types. Should always be used in Rain. However +2 Hydro Pump OHKOs Heatran in Sun so ehh

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf / Specs
Modest
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Secret Sword / Focus Blast
Hydro Pump / Surf
Hidden Power Ghost / Ice
Scald / Icy Wind

Secret Sword and Hydro Pump for STAB, HP Ghost for Jellicent and Celebi or HP Ice for Dragon and Grass. Scald can Burn whatever physical Sweeper that dares outlive Keldeo and Icy Wind could slow something down, even though its not really needed. Like the above, only use in Rain. And the Choice items are an automatic +1, so they shouldn't be used unless you're ballsy, because the Calm Mind set is much better

Kraleck

Keldo doesn't learn Light Screen so he can't act as a dual screener..

and MEH keldeo's movepool isn't THAT bad.. could be excavalier..

*Re-checks Keldeo's Page* Well I'll be a Mankey's uncle...how'd I miss that? Good catch, Ilan.

Rampharos

I haven't really been following b2w2 updates for fear of spoilers, but there are no stat changes in the new form? Not even an ability change? That's kinda shoddy. The new form looks cooler, but all it really does is give away one of the moves in your set :(

Also, for anyone who already had used Keldeo, as many have despite it not being available through ah... the usual methods, his new (tutor) moves are:
Aqua tail, bounce, covet, endeavour, helping hand, icy wind, last resort, sleep talk, snore, superpower

A couple of interesting changes, though not many of them are really very useful. Aqua tail and superpower are nice moves, but Keldeo is special-focused.

Rest sets are now an option due to snore, sleep talk and rest being in Keldeo's movepool, if you want to surprise people, I guess...

Wow, looking at his movepool, he doesn't have many options for special attacks, even with the new additions :s

Last edited:

Ilan

I haven't really been following b2w2 updates for fear of spoilers, but there are no stat changes in the new form? Not even an ability change? That's kinda shoddy. The new form looks cooler, but all it really does is give away one of the moves in your set :(

Also, for anyone who already had used Keldeo, as many have despite it not being available through ah... the usual methods, his new (tutor) moves are:
Aqua tail, bounce, covet, endeavour, helping hand, icy wind, last resort, sleep talk, snore, superpower

A couple of interesting changes, though not many of them are really very useful. Aqua tail and superpower are nice moves, but Keldeo is special-focused.

Rest sets are now an option due to snore, sleep talk and rest being in Keldeo's movepool, if you want to surprise people, I guess...

Wow, looking at his movepool, he doesn't have any options for special attacks, even with the new additions :s

Have no options for special attacks? he have Hydro Pump,Secret Sword and Hidden power as special moves also Icy wind is usable specially in doubles...

I saw someone mentioning psychic but keldeo doesn't learn psychic..

I always check for double screens cause I like using fast double screeners but I saw keldeo can't learn it that's why I checked again and confirmed it.
It is a shame really keldeo could have been a fine double screener...

Anyway I am not sure but can someone confirm this does keldeo can be in normal form and have secret sword? if yes it is good,anyway I got an idea for confusing a foe:

Two trick pony
@life orb - Resolution Form
Naughty
252 attack, 252 speed, 4 HP
Justified
-Swords dance
-Close combat
-Aqua Tail/Stone edge
-Secret Sword

Wait what? it is a physical set but it have secret sword.. yep it is a gimmick, you will be in resolution form whjich gives away you are special but... you are actually NOT then you can use swords dance and hit a nice attack and beat a "counter", Close combat is the main STAB while Aqua Tail is another STAB Stone edge make good synergy with CC so it is considerable
Secret sword is useless... but if you don't manage to boost it can deal better damage than CC ( I think..).

This is a trick set the surprise factor is it's advantage but the poor attack (yeah I know I said it isn't viable but with that surprise factor...)

Last edited:
Wait a sec, the 4th of July week was supposed to be Braviary.

Curse you Serebiiiii!!!!

I've heard a couple of people knock Icy Wind on Keldeo, but I have to say that it's pretty useful. Many Keldeo in DW OU would run HP Ice to cover Pokemon such as Celebi and the Dragons, leaving Keldeo open to Jellicent. Now, almost everything that you would want HP Ice > HP Ghost for is handled nicely by Icy Wind, leaving an open moveslot for HP Ghost. It also has the bonus of letting you 2HKO Latios on the switch without fear, since the speed drop allows you to outspeed and kill it the second turn. Besides that, 4/0 Salamence is still OHKOd, and even specially defensive Dragonite can be 2HKOd with Multiscale taken into account. Hydreigon is also 2HKOd, and the speed drop means that Scarf Hydra can't just come in, take the first attack, and KO you the second turn. Haxorus can even be OHKOd over half the time after Stealth Rock. Several other Scarfed Pokemon, such as Celebi, might try to switch in and tank a hit while following up with a KO, only to fall victim to Icy Wind. So far, I've been using it to some success on a Specs set like this.

Keldeo@Choice Specs
Timid
Justified
252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
-Hydro Pump
-Secret Sword
-HP Ghost
-Icy Wind

This thing is such a monster in the Rain since very little can switch into it safely. I've paired it alongside CB Haxorus and have blown teams wide open with their complimenting special and physical power. Hydro Pump is the move of choice probably 80% of the time, since it eats even some of the greatest special walls in OU alive. Even standard Blissey is 2HKOd 100% of the time after Rocks, and occasionally without. Secret Sword is much more efficient if I expect a Blissey/Chansey/Ferrothorn/whatever switch-in, though. It also helps beat Hydro Pump-immune Pokemon like Vaporeon and Gastrodon. HP Ghost is pretty much there for Jellicent and Latias, which are surprisingly easy to predict. Like I mentioned earlier, Icy Wind is great for catching random Dragons. Granted, most are hit hard enough (or harder) by Hydro Pump in the Rain, but the speed drop prevents death from Scarfers. Overall, great set.

Rampharos

Have no options for special attacks? he have Hydro Pump,Secret Sword and Hidden power as special moves also Icy wind is usable specially in doubles...

I saw someone mentioning psychic but keldeo doesn't learn psychic..

I always check for double screens cause I like using fast double screeners but I saw keldeo can't learn it that's why I checked again and confirmed it.
It is a shame really keldeo could have been a fine double screener...

Anyway I am not sure but can someone confirm this does keldeo can be in normal form and have secret sword? if yes it is good,anyway I got an idea for confusing a foe:

Two trick pony
@life orb - Resolution Form
Naughty
252 attack, 252 speed, 4 HP
Justified
-Swords dance
-Close combat
-Aqua Tail/Stone edge
-Secret Sword

Wait what? it is a physical set but it have secret sword.. yep it is a gimmick, you will be in resolution form whjich gives away you are special but... you are actually NOT then you can use swords dance and hit a nice attack and beat a "counter", Close combat is the main STAB while Aqua Tail is another STAB Stone edge make good synergy with CC so it is considerable
Secret sword is useless... but if you don't manage to boost it can deal better damage than CC ( I think..).

This is a trick set the surprise factor is it's advantage but the poor attack (yeah I know I said it isn't viable but with that surprise factor...)

When I said that he doesn't have any it was a typo xD I meant many, I'll fix that now :p

XxOshwhatxX

Pokemon Master
One Fluttershy of an Applejack:

- Scald/Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind/Work Up
- Hidden Power[Grass]/ Hidden Power[Electric]
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EV's and Nature:
EV's: 4 HP/ 252 S.Atk/ 252 Spd
Nature: Timid (+Spd/-Atk)/ Modest (+S.Stk/-Atk)

Scald ruins physical attackers, and can cause some great damage with Keldeo's Base 129 Special Attack stat. Hydro Pump is stronger, but less accurate. Secret Sword is great for Special Walls because it does Physical damage with Special Attack. Calm Mind to boost Keldeo's monstrous Special Stat and Special Defense. Work Up raises both Attack stats. Hidden Power counters some of Keldeo's predators (A lot of them).

SuperArtNinja

Suicune Trainer
Keldeo has some awesome things going for it, good speed, nice Sp. Attack, some defense and a very good typing.

Calm Mind-ateer
Item: Lum Berry/ Life Orb/ Leftovers
Nature: Timid
Evs: 252 Sp. Attack/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP
Moves:
Calm Mind
Surf/ Hydro Pump/ Scald
Secret Sword
Taunt/ Hidden Power Ghost/ Reflect/ Substitute

Calm Mind to boost it's offense and Sp. Defense. I like Surf for the PP and reliability, but it can be replaced with one of the other two, for power or the burn chance. Secret Sword is pretty much a must to get rid of pesky special walls. Taunt is mostly filler, but it helps with Jellicent and other threats that don't fear Keldeo's duel STABs. HP Ghost is coverage... Reflect has some synergy with Calm Mind by increasing Keldeo's physical defence for 5 turns. One can also take advantage of Substitute to prevent Status and help ease predictions.

Mix-ateer
Item: Life Orb/ Lum Berry
Nature: Naive/Hasty
Evs: 252 Spd/ 128 Atk/ 128 Sp. Attack
Work Up
Hydro Pump/ Waterfall
Close Combat/ Focus Blast
Stone Edge/ HP [Ghost or Ice]/ X-Scissor

Work Up increases it's great special attack and boosts it attack to something useable... Hyrdo Pump is there over the other options due to the necessary power it has, but you can opt for Surf for more PP and reliability, but it's not advised. Waterfall is there if you want a physical water move as opposed to a special one, and is used over Aqua Tail for the higher Accuracy and possible Flinch hax. Close Combat is a super strong physical option, but if you don't mind the MUCH lower accuracy, you can use Focus Blast... Focus Blast is a better special option to Secret Sword for two reasons, Secret Sword requires Resolution Form, which reveals that you're at least special. The other reason is that Focus Blast hits the Sp. Def. stat.

Lazy Muskateer
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Timid
Evs: 252 Spd/ 252 Sp. Attack/ 4 HP
Moveset:
Rest
Sleep Talk
Scald/Surf/Hydro Pump
Secret Sword/Calm Mind

Despite the new sleep mechanics, a Sleep Talk set could be useful as it gives you a status absorber. If you decide to go with Calm Mind over Secret Sword, you could go with a Bold nature with 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Sp. Def. so you're a bit bulkier. Be warned as this set is completely walled by Jellicent. Scald is good for the burn chance. Secret Sword, STAB, blah,blah,blah... Calm Mind can give you more offense and defense...

Other options:
Icy Wind
is an ice type move and one of it's few options for an ice type move since he doesn't get Ice Beam. If you use it, you don't have to worry about using Hidden Power Ice.
Superpower is a really powerful Fighting STAB that could work well on a Choice Scarf set if you don't want Resolution Form tipping off your opponent.
Endeavor + Aqua Jet + Focus Sash is a strategy that could be used to eliminate a boosted threat, like a Dragon Dance sweeper, or a bulky threat.
Poison Jab is physical coverage against Grass types, but isn't worth it on any set...
Bounce can be used with Toxic, and it gets awesome coverage with your Fighting STAB, but it's a physical, two-turn move, meaning your opponent can switch in an appropriate counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.