• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #79

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClefairyRox

Nintendo Fan
Anyway I am not sure but can someone confirm this does keldeo can be in normal form and have secret sword?

As Resolution Forme wasn't introduced until Black and White 2, Keldeo stays in its Usual Forme in Pokemon Black and White, even if it knows Secret Sword.

Kraleck

Its really nice to be back at the forums after you lose power from a harsh storm and heat wave.

Anyway, Keldeo's Hydro Pump hits crazy at anything that doesn't resist it, even though this thing doesn't get ice beam, it's not like every water type is going to learn the move.

Only Magikarp, Wash Rotom, Tympole, Palpitoad, Seismitoad, and Keldeo cannot learn Ice Beam. Every Water Type except these 6 can learn Ice Beam. However, Magikarp can be ignored, Rotom has another form for Blizzard (it, too, can be ignored), and that leaves the Tympole line and Keld' to not have access to Ice Beam. That's 4 or 6 (depending on how you're counting Rotom and Magikarp) out of 109 Water Types (111 with Rotom and Arceus counted) that cannot learn Ice Beam. I'd call that a significant amount to not get it, especially when 3 of them are an Evolution line, one is a Legendary Pokemon, 1 can't learn anything, and 1 is only a Water Type 1 out of 6 times.

GalactaRay

My little shooting keldeo
Nature:Modest
Evs:give attention to Sp.A and Speed
Moves:
Rain Dance
Hydro Pump\Surf
Secret sword
Hidden power (Sorry I have no idea what type his hidden power is) /Icy wind
Item:Leftovers

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Puns:
What the Kel? More puns?
Kel-p me think of more puns
Somethings punny about the pony
this POTW can go to Kel
Ah Kel yeah
Keler instincts
Keldeoderant=p
Read this POTW or Kel-se
If all Kel-se fail, we don't
What Kel-se do you need to know?
Kel's Bells

I don't think a Swords Dance is as bad as using one with Ludicolo since Keldeo has better stats even with the bad Movepool, plus although not used much, Bounce and Close Combat are only resisted by 5 others, 3 of them are NU and 1 is in Uber. Plus you have that water STAB too.

Last edited:

Star Champion AJ

Say hello to the last member of the Pokémon Musketeer Squad, Keldeo, whose NoTW, Nickname of The Week (no pun intended) is D'Artagnan (I was planning of putting Aqua from the Kingdom Hearts series because of the stats, but it wouldn't fit very well).

Anyway, time for the PoTW, Pun of The Week (pun REALLY intended)
My Little Pony (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP_rIAkb_v8), with included intro for pun purposes.
The Musketeer's True Resolution/Resolve
D'Artagnan, the True Sword of Justice (Secret Sword set)
Dancing Waters Forming Bonds (Swords Dance set), if you find out where I found this, I'll give you a cookie (or two)
Rainbow Shower (Rain Dance set with Resolution Form)
Rainfell or Stormfall (Rain Dance set with Usual Form)
One for all, all for one (Keldeo's Version)
"Excuse me, but there's four of us." (Triple Battle with two of the other Musketeers as partners)
"As morning hues of sunswept... fire caress your... poisoned face." (Some odd stall set, with Protect, Scald, Substitute and Toxic with Leftovers as item)

Aramis: "This sash was a gift to me, from the Queen of America."
D'Artagnan: "There's no Queen of America." (Focus Sash set)

philzone

Ready for trumpets
My little shooting keldeo
Nature:Modest
Evs:give attention to Sp.A and Speed
Moves:
Rain Dance/Double team
Hydro Pump\Surf
Secret sword
Hidden power (Sorry I have no idea what type his hidden power is) /Icy wind
Item:Leftovers

Unfortunately, double team is banned. Hidden power can take on any type bar normal. EVs for you would be 252 sp att, 252 speed and 4 hp.

Counters
Ghost types pretty much wall this pokemon, as its special set has only one ghost type move (at time of writing) and that is HP ghost. Dusknoir and evolite dusclops do well, as their high def and sp def stats should sponge most of keldeo's blows. Sun ruins this little pony, as its hydro pump dwindles in power. So look at sunny day users, who are not fire types. in rain, tornadus strikes it with STAB flying type moves, and thunder users cripple it. water absorb users can switch in and then cause havoc. JELLICENT! wall all moves bar HP ghost and can safely switch into a rain boosted hydro pump.

Rayofquazar

Keldeo... The special sweeper of the quatro. Despite having a huge special attack stat, keldeo is fairly a one trick pony due to it's underwhelming movepool. Nevertheless, this doesn't bother keldeo much, it's signature move Secret sword prevent it from being walled by blissey or chansey wich is enough to set it appart from other special sweepers. It's water type moves, are good with access to surf, Hydro pump and scald (each move has it's own merits). It other special moves include Hidden power and focus blast as alternatives wich only tells you how bad it's movepool really is! Surprisingly, it gets a load of good physical moves including priority but it's physical side is rather unimpressive even with a boost from swords dance.

It have the exact defense as terrakion if not better in the fact that keldeo's typing doesn't come with crippling weaknesses. Speaking of it's typing, it is, as all the muskedeers, is unique/almost unique shared only with poliwrath that is far outclassed and works better in lower tiers. Like terrakion, keldeo cannot take benefit from good defenses due to lack of support options.

This pokemon is a freaking monster in rain teams, hydro pump does explosive damage to the opponent with stab and rain boost! A 120 move stabed becomes 180 with rain boost it reaches 270 power! A move with BP more than an unstabed explosion that doesn't kill you and coming from a 129 Sp ATT... Do the math!

It is also the only member of it's quatro to not take major advantage from it's ability as it boosts it's weaker att stat that again I don't bother to use.

My personal favorite set (and for me the only good set) contains:
Calm mind, Hydro pump or scald, Secret sword and Hidden power Ice.
Pretty easy stuff and self explanatory! The only thinking to do is whether you want sheer power or a chance to burn and reliability. I go for the first option!

All in all, keldeo is a decent pokemon with a very good speed that is able to sweep opponent teams under rain and has a nice niche to slice up chanseys and blisseys using special fighting super effective attacks on them!

KyuremCraze

Aspiring Author
Keldi-ouch!
Item: Splash Plate/Fist Plate/Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Nature: Timid/Modest/Hasty
EVs: 252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Moves;
Surf/Hydro Pump/Scald
Secret Sword
Icy Wind/Hidden Power {Ice}/Hidden Power {Ghost}
Calm Mind

THE generic Keldeo set, and the one he uses best. Surf is a powerful move with good accuracy, as sometimes Keldeo just can't miss. Use Hydro Pump if you don't care about accuracy. Scald is an alternative, as it has a decent 80 attack power and can burn, which makes some pokemon become near useless. Secret Sword gives STAB and gets past Chansey/Blissey, plus lets you show off it's flashy new forme. Icy Wind is good for crippling faster opponents, and HP {ice} it's also Keldeo's strongest Ice-Attack. HP {Ghost} is to stop you getting walled from ghost-types. Calm Mind boosts up Keldeo's insane special attack to new levels.

Oh Deer, you can go Defensive?
Item: Focus Sash
Nature: Hasty/Timid
EVs: 126 Sp. Attack, 126 Sp. Defense, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Moves;
Secret Sword
Scald
Calm Mind
Toxic

This set is about crippiling the opposing team. Calm Mind to boost up Sp.Attack and Sp.Defense, which are both important, especially due to the fact most of Keldeo's weaknesses focus on Sp.Attack. Secret Sword is to stop becoming taunt bait and it provides good STAB. It also gets past that pesky Blissey. Scald does some Water-Type STAB, and can burn, which is a good niche. Toxic can cripple other pokemon who think they can wall Keldeo.

Partners
Steelix. He resists Psychic and Flying. It Is Immune to Electric and neutral to Grass. It can also phaze out Keldeo's feers with Dragon Tail. Fan Rotom also resists Grass and Flying. It'll say hello to Psychic-Types and send them off with a nice juicy Shadow Ball to the face. he also finds a great help in rain, so rain support such as Politoed can be great help.

Double and Triple Battles
Keldeo is only weak to 4 things, which are all quite common. Zebstrika can absorb electric-type moves with Lightningrod, Say good night to Psychics with Pursuit, and Burn the Grass with Overheat. Chandelure also covers Psychics and Grass that that they can beat up Keldeo, while It beats the crap out of other Ghosts who think they can wall keldeo. Keldeo also covers Chandelure's and Zebstrika's weaknesses. The 3 out on the same side can cause some major mayhem.

Counters
Bulky Grass-Types, such as fellow muskedeer Virzion can do some nasty work, but they need to be wary about HP Ice or Icy Wind. Fying-Type and Electric-Type and Psychic-Type Pokemon also do Good, especially as Keldeo is defensless against the latter two. Ghosts can wall Keldeo unless it has HP Ghost. Keldeo has many weaknesses to be exploited, but let this My Little Pony do it's stuff and it'll demolish your Team quickly!

maciscool

HP Bug can help take down Psychic types like Slowbro who would resist both of its STAB (you can say its a substitute for HP Electric). It would also help in taking out some high defensive Grass types.

Where as, HP Ground can help take down Electric type (like Lanturn) as well as some Steel type like Metagross or some Poison types.

But it is just my suggestions, which could be useless.

hp bug seems fine except its outclassed by hp ghost and ice but hp ground your reasons are not good enough to support this typeas hydro pump and secret sword are stronger with stab
and surfis barely barely weaker than hpground so it has no use

Last edited:

philzone

Ready for trumpets
Keldeo has Red hair, Blue hooves and White eye things surrounding his eyes, does that make it up?

I thought it was pale blue, orange and beige. Anyway, serebii may keep braviary for next year. Keldeo gives away at least one moveslot away if it is in resolution forme-secret sword. It is also very predictable due to a very shallow move pool.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I thought it was pale blue, orange and beige. Anyway, serebii may keep braviary for next year. Keldeo gives away at least one moveslot away if it is in resolution forme-secret sword. It is also very predictable due to a very shallow move pool.

Was talking about the Iris of the eye. Plus we will get back to the RNG so Braviary may show up before then and Secret Sword still hits hard and can be a better choice then Focus Blast.

10speed12

Modest nature
EV Spread: 252 Sp.Attk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Item: Expert Belt
Moves: Secret Sword
Icy Wind
Surf
Work Up

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Modest nature
EV Spread: 252 Sp.Attk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Item: Expert Belt
Moves: Secret Sword
Icy Wind
Surf
Work Up

Use Calm Mind instead since you aren't running a physical move.

Uhh, we need good puns, let see...

Kelde-al with it, audience and such go BOO!

Last edited:

Meowmeow

selfproclaimed guru
With Sleep Talk in B/W2, Keldeo can make up for the lacking movepool with RestTalk.

The RestTalk set
Nature: Timid
EVs: uh, I don't know how EVs should work with RestTalk sets. Sorry :p
@: Life Orb/Leftovers

Rest
Sleep Talk
Hydro Pump/Surf
Secret Sword/Calm Mind

Once Jellicent is out of the way, Keldeo can push through anything and last a while with Rest and Sleep Talk. Because this set is built to last, Surf becomes the primary STAB move. If you want the power, Hydro Pump will do just fine, but it will limit how much Keldeo can do. Once that's done, you can go with Secret Sword for secondary STAB, or go with a mono-attacking set with Calm Mind.

In any case, the two things that continue to disappoint me about Keldeo is the movepool and ability. It could also be those stats in a way. Shutting this guy down is ridiculously easy. The worst part is that in B/W2, it will be obvious of whether or not Keldeo will be carrying Secret Sword because of that form change (which I personally find kind of ugly). Keldeo's already easy to predict, and that stupid resolution form makes it even easier. Any surprise factor attempted with a physical set is doomed to fail because it probably won't be running Secret Sword. When I heard about the resolution form, I hoped it was going to give Keldeo something to add to its special movepool. Keldeo's pretty bad. That's all there is to it.

Meowmeow

selfproclaimed guru
Keldo doesn't learn Light Screen so he can't act as a dual screener..

and MEH keldeo's movepool isn't THAT bad.. could be excavalier..

By the way, Escavelier has a small movepool, but has exactly what is needed and no more than that. Keldeo is missing some tools.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
By the way, Escavelier has a small movepool, but has exactly what is needed and no more than that. Keldeo is missing some tools.

Sorry but Escavelier doesn't have the moves he needs, no Superpower makes it outclassed even more by Scizor and Durant. all it has is a crazy Choice Band Set that hits really hard. Although it has Reversal most don't usually run that move. Plus, don't double post either.

SwiftGrovyle

Official POTW Fact Checker
Wait a sec, the 4th of July week was supposed to be Braviary.

Curse you Serebiiiii!!!!

Keledo is Red, white, and blue.... Sort of.

Other options
Covet steals item, which is crucial sometimes. Not to mention a fitting move, for a My Little Pony.
Endeavor to make things die with cuteness.
Bounce, though not always a good option, can force a switch and paralize. Another Vere dignum et ustum est moment.
Work up for mixed, though with resolution form gone, it might be obvious.

Of course Gamefreak would give it moves a My Little Pony would use. Why not splash while we're at it?

Status
Not open for further replies.