• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Sweeping Serperior-Miracle Seed/Leftovers
-Swords Dance/Calm Mind
-Leaf Blade/Energy Ball
-Dragon Tail/Iron Tail/Twister
-Toxic
A standard sweeping set. The first slot to up the attack and two moves to attack and toxic to scare the enemy itno switching.

Unstrikable Seperior-Big Root
-Double Team
-Subsitute
-Giga Drain
-Toxic/Reflect/Light Screen
The aim of this set is to overuse double team so the opponent can't strike. If the opponent is using moves like aerial ace, use subsitute and giga drain lost hp. Use toxic to scare off enemies or reflect/light screen to help defense.

Supporting Seperior-Big Clay
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Toxic
-Subsitute
A good way to up the defense and support your team. Shame serperior can't get baton pass.

Last edited:

Rockleon

Veteren
What about a defensive perversity set?
Since his stats wont be decreased by your opponents move out side of swagger and flatter.
Serperior-Light Clay
Perversity
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Dragontail
-glare

or

Offensive

Serperior-left overs
perversity
-Dragontail
-Swagger
-psyche up
-leafstorm

^^^I think this should be tested, I like the idea but it might be gimmicky.

Serperior-bigroot
overgrow
Calm Mind
Coil
Giga Drain
Dragontail

If your opponent lets you set up, your good.

Serperior-LifeOrb
perversity
-Twister
-GigaDrain
-Hidden Power-Ground
-leafstorm

Generic perversity set plus twister.

When I first saw this guy I expected a Grass Psychic Pokemon, or Grass steel. And even though hes neither of those im suprised he doesnt learn any psychic moves still.

jstiglich

First V.A. Espeon
Jynx would be a good partner taking care of poison/and dragon types

Reno

so adorable...
Just saying, Perversity hasn't been released yet as an ability, so basically all the sets with perversity should probably go at the end of the analysis and mentioned as Dreamworld only.

And Jaroda basically sucks without it. :(

I'll mention that it technically doesn't exist yet, but I'll still include the sets.

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
Serperior @Wide Lens/Wise Glasses
Perversity
-Leaf Storm
-Glare
-Leech Seed
-Hidden Power(Rock)

Serperior @Leftovers
Overgrow
-Coil
-Leaf Blade/Aerial Ace
-Calm Mind
-Leaf Tornado

Serperior @Brightpowder
Overgrow
-Growth
-Leech Seed
-Giga Drain
-Dragon Tail/Iron Tail

Serperior @Rugged Helmet
Overgrow
-Toxic
-Double Team
-Substitute
-Dragon Tail

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
vs fire
perversity
focus sash/big root(br works better)
moves-
giga drain
hp rock/water
leaf storm
leech seed/glare/taunt

also my computer is making copies of my posts

http://i56.*******.com/1zdulxv.jpg

Suicune95

The Northwind
Dragon tail has negitive priority so the choice scraf becomes redundant in that case, Glare seems pointless, as if you are focusing on a revenge set, why cripple when you could kill? replace the first two pointless moves with Giga impact and aerial ace to give better coverage for a revenge kill set? it seems more logical to have a revenge killer rather than a revenge disrupter

Yeah it was pointed out already, I hadn't realized that it had negative priority, which I still think its usable, but there's a good chance whatever you're trying to get rid of could kill Serperior. Although Giga Impact forces the recharge which gives the opponent a chance to revenge kill Serperior itself. As for Glare, there may be a circumstance where it would be impossible to revenge kill so paralysis may be the best bet as it can stop a sweeper, but I definitely see your point.

So something more like this?

497.gif

Revenge Killer
Serperior @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Overgrow
Jolly Nature/Adamant Nature
4 HP/252 Att/252 Spd
-Giga Impact/Aerial Ace
-Iron Tail
-Leaf Blade
-Hidden Power Fire

Silver Totodile

497.gif

-The Grass Type Wall That Annoyes All-

Naute- Overgrow
Item- Leftovers

Aerial Ace/Hidden Power [Rock]

Grass Knot

Glare

Dragon Tail

With this very random mash up of moves, you can actually annoy the hell out of your opponent and really set up the match on your team’s favour . Send out your annoying Serperior first, and quickly set up glare, and because of Serperior’s awesome speed, you should be able to go first.

Okay, now your foe is paralyzed. Hurray! Now you have a choice. If your opponent is some huge and bulky ground, water or rock type then use Grass knot to topple them. If not then it’s time to use Dragon tail to cause little damage but to force your opponent to switch and move onto the next victim to paralyze.

Obviously, there is a problem here. If you run into a fire type for example, the chances are you’re going to get hurt a bit. So you can either use dragon tail to get rid of them or you can put hidden power to use. Personally, I would force the switch and get through your opponents team with glare as much as possible, and then go against the fire type.

There is a golden rule here: “If in doubt, switch them out!”

Try to get the most out of Serperior with this set for as long as possible.

Blackbomber72

Eccentric
Sincerely, i´m starting to lose hope in POTW choices... but

I don´t have faith in a grass type as a wall(personal opinion, 5 weaknesses is meh) and grass as an attack isn´t good either

Serperior@Life Orb
Naive/Timid nature
4 Atk/252 Sp.Atk/252 Spd
Overgrow
-Growth
-Solarbeam
-Hidden Power FIRE
-Dragon Tail/Iron Tail/Aerial Ace/Glare

In the sun, Growth boosts both attack stats by 2 stages. Solarbeam and HP FIRE give semi coverage, being boosted in the sun. This thing is a frail sweeper, clearly because of the sun, you will evade dragons or fire types. There is when the fourth choice comes into play. Dragon Tail if you catch the dragon on the switch, Iron Tail and Aerial Ace for different coverage depending on the team. Or Glare if you think paralyzing the threat is a good idea. It is good to say that it is cool to defeat the fire types that may come in to grab the sun, and kill Serperior.

I would come up with a Perversity set, or a Coil set, but you already know how to do one of those.

TrollFreak

Pit is Awesome :P
Sincerely, i´m starting to lose hope in POTW choices... but

I don´t have faith in a grass type as a wall(personal opinion, 5 weaknesses is meh) and grass as an attack isn´t good either

Serperior@Life Orb
Naive/Timid nature
4 Atk/252 Sp.Atk/252 Spd
Overgrow
-Growth
-Solarbeam
-Hidden Power FIRE
-Dragon Tail/Iron Tail/Aerial Ace/Glare

In the sun, Growth boosts both attack stats by 2 stages. Solarbeam and HP FIRE give semi coverage, being boosted in the sun. This thing is a frail sweeper, clearly because of the sun, you will evade dragons or fire types. There is when the fourth choice comes into play. Dragon Tail if you catch the dragon on the switch, Iron Tail and Aerial Ace for different coverage depending on the team. Or Glare if you think paralyzing the threat is a good idea. It is good to say that it is cool to defeat the fire types that may come in to grab the sun, and kill Serperior.

I would come up with a Perversity set, or a Coil set, but you already know how to do one of those.

ok dude grass pokemon are one of my favorites types(besides dragons duhhhh)

ok here are my sets enjoy :)

special wall/ sleep talker
Calm
252 Def/ 252 Sp. Def/ 4 Sp Atk
perversity
leftovers

Mirror Coat
Leaf Storm
Rest
Sleep talk

HAH never saw this one coming. Leaf storm and perversity is pretty much staple and doesn't need explaining. Rest and Sleep talk to attack and Mirror coat, a move i cant believe no one else thought of, can fend off pokes like heatran, gengar, and scarf latios.

I also have another set, which goes perfectly with ninetails' drought abilty

Sunny Jaroda
Modest/Calm/Timid
252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 Sp. Def
Leftovers/Life Orb
Perversity

Leaf Storm/Solarbeam
Hp Fire
Calm Mind
Taunt/ Glare/ Leech Seed

Okay here a set that goes with the sun. Leaf Storm is a great mover with perversity, but if you're using overgrow for some reason, solarbeam is nice with the sun. Hp Fire benifits from the sun and can take out pesty bugs and steel types that sally wall jaroda. calm Mind makes it a mini-sweep, raises it already great sp.Def and Sp atk stats. Taunt to break walls and stop setting up rocks, glare to cripple pokes, or leech seed to try and set up for another poke or get some hp back if using life orb, the choice is yours.

Weaknesses

Okay Jaroda has, by far, the worst movepool of all the grass starters. I would love to make a special seep with this poke or specs, but its just not possible. The movepool cant support it. Steel types, Fire Types, and Dragon Types can easily wall this thing, with steel types fearing the rare hp fire, fire types hp ground, and dragon types hp ice, dragon, or dragon tail. It can compete somewhat thanks to perversity, but if it weren't for that ablity, jaroda is nothing.

P.S, Do blaziken next week. I have some awesome sets in mind :)

jstiglich

First V.A. Espeon
Magcargo would also be another great partner due to it anailating Fire, Bug, Ice, and poison if magargo has a ground type move. In addition Jalorda takes care of macargo 's weaknesses of Water, Ground, and Rock

jstiglich

First V.A. Espeon
Also some counters are chandelure, Beartic and Accelgor

PhilosophicalPsychologica

SERPERIOR, lol, I thought this was gonna be easy given Smuggilous Snape's movepool but I'm seeing a rather nice array of movesets people are coming up with...
FYI, Shell Smash/Break does NOT sharply drop both Defences.

Choice @ Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
Perversity
Modest (+SpAtk, -Atk)/Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
Lead Storm
Hidden Ice Power/Hidden Fire Power
Giga Drain
Wring Out/Glare/Toxic

Yeah, a barren set. Serperior barely has options, but it's apparently its most common set. Obviously, you charge up your Leaf Storms, hope you don't get walled *ferrothorn* and sweep for game. Basically, I'm here to tell you these are Serperior's best options for Choice, so unless you really really really want a fast fast fast Leaf Stormer.

Physical @ Life Orb
Overgrow
Jolly (+Spd, -SpAtk)
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Swords Dance
Leaf Blade
Return
Glare/Taunt/Natural Gift

Again, barren. Pretty much every Grass type out there is getting Swords Dance and Leaf Blade. What Serperior has going for it is 113 Speed and semi-unique Glare and Taunt. Natural Gift is the Physical Hidden Power because...Serperior just doesn't have anything else.

Conservative Physical @ Leftovers
Overgrow
Adamant (+Atk, -Spd)/Careful (+SpDef, -SpAtk)
252 SpDef, 252 Atk, 4 HP
Coil
Leaf Blade
Return/Rock Smash
Dragon Tail/Glare/Taunt/Light Screen

This set on the more defensive of Serperior applications, by forgoing Swords Dance to also boost Serperior's Def. Dragon Tail and Glare are the only moves that benefit from the Acc increase, but they're good support nonetheless. Taunt or possibly even Torment or Leech Seed are always available.
Rock Smash is used to hit Steel-types, but Leaf Blade actually does more even without STAB. Still, the Def drops might appeal to you.

Conversative Special @ Leftovers/Life Orb
Overgrow
Bold (+SpDef, -Atk)
252 SpDef, 252 SpAtk, 4 HP
Calm Mind
Giga Drain/Grass Knot
Hidden Ice Power/Hidden Fire Power
Leech Seed/Taunt/Glare/Reflect

Inverse of previous set.

DualScreen @ Light Clay
Perversity
Calm (+SpDef, -Atk)
252 HP, 252 Spd, 4 SpDef
Reflect
Light Screen
Leaf Storm/Safeguard
Glare/Taunt

Serperior, aside from Leaf Storm spams, plays a very unique form of Grass-type supporter in its ability to use DualScreens, a trait shared with Meganium, Celebi, and Exeggutor. Anyway, it's something, especially given other status moves like Glare or Taunt. Leaf Storm is so that it can hit hard if desires, possibly even setting up for a sweep of its own.

Status Platforming (SubSeeding) @ Leftovers/Big Root
Perversity
Bold (+Def, -Atk)
252 HP, 80 Def, 176 SpDef
Leech Seed
Substitute
Taunt
Glare

I don't have time to research different damage calculations, given my personal time AND how early on it is in Gen 5 AND the fact no one really cares. So I just listed balanced defensive stats to make them 270 apiece.
Anyways, pooling all of Serperior's supporting moves together, you get a bit of a SubSeeding set. Mix and match with any of the moves from "Other Options." Either Leaf Storm or Giga Drain are possible for attacking options.

Utility Attacker @ Miracle Seed/Life Orb
Perversity
Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
104 HP, 252 SpAtk, 152 Spd
Leaf Storm
Hidden Ice Power
Taunt
Glare/Toxic

This is Serperior to sweep with Leaf Storm without the actual need of a boosting move or Choice Item. I have personally created this Serperior for usage in the Ubers environment and I have to say it functions incredibly well.

Tormentor @ Leftovers
Perversity
Jolly (+Spd, -SpAtk)
252 HP, 252 Spd, 4 SpDef
Torment
Substitute/Protect
Wrap
Leech Seed

Serperior has a blistering 113 Base Speed with adequete defences to back it up. Unfortunately, its movepool leaves a lot to be desired, which hampers its Torment set. Still, a hyptothetical set of Wrap + Leech Seed can work. Work with whatever you feel like, possibly even CM + Giga Drain.

Team Options:
On an Ubers team, I utilize Chandelure to combat Fire, Ice, and Steel. Serperior in turn can fight Water, Rock, and Ground.
Otherwise, Serperior loves hazards. In Ubers, it loses out on many OHKOs without it.

Doubles/Triples
Serperior's only appealing category is Speed...and that's about it. It does make for a fast Gastro Acid though, although Gastro Acid has little utility elsewhere.

Other Options
Serperior could possibly try a Growth set, but there are so many better options out there. Besides, Serperior is much more comfortable working its niche: Pb Storm. And if not, Swords Dance. Of course, you could always try playing the Growth set as you would Swords Dance, only with Hidden Power. Like aforementioned, however, there are better Growth users than Serperior.

Sub + Overgrow + Pinch Berry. Serperior definitely has the Speed, but the issue lies in mainly resources. Serperior just doesn't have sufficient moves on either type of attack.

Iron Tail is a move for Serperior, but when it comes down to it, it is inferior to Return...unless you want a powerful move that can cause Def drops.
Serperior learns Pursuit, but will rarely find situations to use it.

Like every other Pokemon, Serperior has access to Toxic. If you wish, replace Glare with it.

In terms of trap moves, Serperior has access to Mean Look and Wrap. Wrap is the inaccurate option, but does residual damage and is unaffected by Taunt, which is to Serperior's favour.

Swagger can work with the likes of Leech Seed, Wrap, and Glare. Flash is another one of Serperior's Status/phazing options, and works well with its fast Speed.

Twister can be considered for some Flinch power. Other than that, it can be used in a dire situation when Serperior can't afford to take another hit...

Mirror Coat can very easily obtain a KO. Serperior can take a relatively weak Fire Blast, Ice Beam, Dragon Pulse, etc. It may be difficult to fit Mirror Coat on, but it would not be to hard to force it on. To take a STAB Fire-attack, however, Occa Berry may be necessary, but it's not a bad prospect...

The issue with Frenzy Plant is that all who can learn it has access to the more flexible Leaf Storm. With Serperior, this difference is ever more profound due to Perversity. However, given Serperior's lack of moves, Frenzy Plant can be used on a Specs set (alongside Leaf Storm) in the situation where you have to have the extra 10 power, or in case Leaf Storm should run out of PP.

PhilosophicalPsychologica

Pre-Evo Corner
The first-evo thing has overall less Stats tha Treecko except for Physical Defence. However, it does get Perversity Leaf Storm, making it a better Scarfer than Treecko. That's about it.

The mid-stage guy has ok stats for UU, and decent Speed. Again, Leaf Storm spam is what it's made for.

Rockleon

Veteren
Serperior Special Counter
Ability: Overgrow/Perversity
EV: 252 Sp Def/ 252 HP/4 Speed
Items: Big Root, Leftovers
-Mirror Coat
-Giga Drain/Leech Seed
-Calm Mind
-Light Screen/Dragon Tail

Calm Mind is the only move Serperior has to raise its Sp Def, and being a Special Counter it'll need this.

Calm mind and perversity is a terrible idea.

Snoopi

Banned
What about a tomrent jaroda?

Jaroad@Grass Plate
Nature: Modest
Ability: Perversity
EVs: 100 HP / 36 Def/ 100 SDef / 88 Speed
-Substitute
-Torment
-PRotect
-Leaf Storm

Thi set will more than likely turn out to be the great Jaroda sets of 5th Gen playing similarly to sets like Torment Dusknoir did in 4th Gen. The EV spread is precise and to the point; Obviously a Pokemon utilissing Torment wants much HP EVs to annoyer a lot of Pokemon on the other team, as the annoyer role is what this Pokemon set is made to fill. 36 DEf EVs provide just enough Def to live some physical attacks in case you dont get subbed down. Same with SDef. This set really doesnt need any speed so i only gave it 88.Grass Plate + Pervisity + LEaf Storm is my definition of power and this set will be sure to strike fear into opponents as they will not be expect it. Forgot to mention, with Poison Spikes down, nothing can stop it.

Last edited:
Calm mind and perversity is a terrible idea.

That's why Overgrow is slashed.

What about a tomrent jaroda?

Jaroad@Grass Plate
Nature: Modest
Ability: Perversity
EVs: 100 HP / 36 Def/ 100 SDef / 88 Speed
-Substitute
-Torment
-PRotect
-Leaf Storm

Thi set will more than likely turn out to be the great Jaroda sets of 5th Gen playing similarly to sets like Torment Dusknoir did in 4th Gen. The EV spread is precise and to the point; Obviously a Pokemon utilissing Torment wants much HP EVs to annoyer a lot of Pokemon on the other team, as the annoyer role is what this Pokemon set is made to fill. 36 DEf EVs provide just enough Def to live some physical attacks in case you dont get subbed down. Same with SDef. This set really doesnt need any speed so i only gave it 88.Grass Plate + Pervisity + LEaf Storm is my definition of power and this set will be sure to strike fear into opponents as they will not be expect it. Forgot to mention, with Poison Spikes down, nothing can stop it.

._______________________________________________________.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.