• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #81

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
It's not too bad. Relic Song / Close Combat / Return / Ice Punch or Shadow Claw holding Life Orb has incredibly solid coverage against everything barring physically defensive Jellicent. Its two STABs hit everything in the game neutral except Ghosts. The only two Ghosts in OU are Gengar and Jellicent. Gengar falls to Ice Punch after a little damage (60.9% - 72%) while both take massive damage from Shadow Claw (though Jellicent has a solid chance of burning you).

Though the Ghosts "block" Relic Song so it's probably better to just run Ice Punch and something to Pursuit them.

So I guess a perfect partner for Meloetta would be a Pursuit user like Scizor?

Last edited:
Well, Maybe not Scizor. Jellicent beats Scizor easily. Maybe some form of Tyranitar, though Meloetta doesn't like Sandstorm at all.

Hard to say. You can just fill your team with Jellicent killers.

I would say things like Landorus, Crunch Lucario, Terrakion, SubToxic Gliscor etc. Stuff Jellicent may switch in on but still lose to that have good synergy with.

MetalCrow

Well, Maybe not Scizor. Jellicent beats Scizor easily. Maybe some form of Tyranitar, though Meloetta doesn't like Sandstorm at all.

Hard to say. You can just fill your team with Jellicent killers.

If tyranitar doesn't get burned or taken by surprise by a specs hydro pump, then it easily kos with crunch...most jellicent won't switch out either because they'll try to score that burn... but you're right about meloetta not fitting in on sand teams...it doesn't really have much of a way to get recovery fast or in a pinch outside of wish/protect or drain punch... it probably would fit in well on the non-damaging weathers better...of course, seing how popular rain is, it wouldn't be a bad idea

Ilan

If tyranitar doesn't get burned or taken by surprise by a specs hydro pump, then it easily kos with crunch...most jellicent won't switch out either because they'll try to score that burn... but you're right about meloetta not fitting in on sand teams...it doesn't really have much of a way to get recovery fast or in a pinch outside of wish/protect or drain punch... it probably would fit in well on the non-damaging weathers better...of course, seing how popular rain is, it wouldn't be a bad idea

She don't get wish.. sadly.. drain punch is her only form of recovery outside of rest.

MetalCrow

She don't get wish.. sadly.. drain punch is her only form of recovery outside of rest.

Ahhh...that sucks......this melodical menace doesn't even get that much... the normal form for meloetta is looking less and less awesome by the minute

philzone

Ready for trumpets
It s odd that meloetta has to change forme via a move. the only other one possibly like this is castform. meloetta seriously needs an item so that it can permanantly change formes like kyurem and shaymin. (possibly then making it an uber in pirouette forme).

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
It s odd that meloetta has to change forme via a move. the only other one possibly like this is castform. meloetta seriously needs an item so that it can permanantly change formes like kyurem and shaymin. (possibly then making it an uber in pirouette forme).

Don't know with its sp defense and the amount of Psychics in Uber like Deoxys, Mewtwo, and others, I don't usually do Uber battles much.

Posting shrang's set because it was so fun to abuse in Dream World OU.

Meloetta@Expert Belt
Hasty
Serene Grace
64 Atk, 252 SpA, 192 Spe
-Relic Song
-Close Combat
-Thunder
-HP Ice

The name of the game is Relic Song spam. Since Melotta's set of counters changes competely depending on which form it's in, it can keep switching back and forth to cause even more switches and mess with the opponent's head. Combined with ample hazard support, this damage can add up quickly, helping offensive teams wear down bulkier opponents much more easily. The fact that Relic Song has a chance to out something to sleep means that by spamming Relic Song, chances are you'll incapacitate something every once in a while. Once you've caused your opponent to switch sround a bit, all it takes is one misprediction for your opponent to lose something. For example, your opponent might bring in Chansey as you Relic Song at first, only to find themselves face-to-face with Meloetta-P. Then they might switch to Skarmory as you change formes again. They might then expect you to use Relic Song again, so they leave Skarmory in, only to be nailed by Thunder. This scenario has happened several times for me in DW OU in the past, and it really makes Meloetta a great asset to offensive teams.

EonDragonFTW

Dan-sing has never been so much fun!/Dance Dance Revolution/Sing along with me! (I know, these names suck)
-Psychic
-Hyper Voice
-Calm Mind
-Perish song
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk, 152 Spd, 104 Sp. Def
Item:Leftovers/Life Orb
A set that is more special-based for the Aria form, and probably won't last long. But, while it does, it would be able to pack a punch. Leftovers are for it to last a bit longer or Life orb is to sacrifice longevity for power. Psychic and Hyper Voice are the most powerful moves Aria Meloetta learns that get STAB, and Calm Mind is there to boost Meloetta's already good special stats. Perish Song is there as a last resort, and would only work if you had previously used Mean Look. However, even if you didn't use Mean Look with another Pokemon, you can still force a switch-out and that could come in handy if you have made entry hazards.

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Counters: Jellicent is a great one, watch out for Thunder. Don't know if Choice Scarf outspeeds the standard sets in her Aria forme so anyone can tell me. Pirouette Forme, again is stopped by Jellicent, walling par Shadow Claw(I don't even see claws).

Puns

a dancer with no claws(from flaws and has no claws get it XD?)
Does this song suit your dancy?
Dirty Dan-sing(mentioned twice)
Keep on Dan-sing til the World Ends(sorry with dan-sing again, I had to use this)
Step Up: Melodution

Ilan

Tried a set just like jesus freak but instead of bolt beam I put psychic and U-turn it is quite good but I saw it have only 308 attack in pirroette mode..

Star Champion AJ

Pun examples:
Aria di Mezzo Carattere
Dancer in the Castelia Street
Dancer in the Street
Dancing with Swords is Meloettally dangerous (that's the reason Melloeta can't learn Swords Dance)
Dancing with the Stars
Do Re Mi...
Mellozelda's Lullaby
Melody of Doom (set including Perish Song)

Rayofquazar

Tried a set just like jesus freak but instead of bolt beam I put psychic and U-turn it is quite good but I saw it have only 308 attack in pirroette mode..

I did propose a set consisting of relic song/ Psychic/ Close combat/ U-turn... but since I haven't tried it I really didn't know if it works or not! Looks like it does... Might try it some day!

EonDragonFTW

Status
Not open for further replies.