• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #89 - Special #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Time for another Pokémon of the Week. This week, the RNG has spat out a rather unique Pokémon

132.png

It's Ditto. Due to its new ability, Ditto has got some fantastic uses. While sets aren't the forté for this one, put in decent strategies using its uniqueness

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/132.shtml

Which brings us to the special. Due to Ditto being so Ditto-esque, you all get to choose the Pokémon of the Week for the following week. Starters and Cover/Event Legends from each generation are disqualified. You may only vote for one Pokemon.

Go nuts

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
really no way to ditto around this one

jeffdavid102

TSS Forever
Yay! First post again.

Ditto is a great revenge killer, especially to dragons.

Ditto@Quick Powder
Trait: Imposter
EVs don't matter since you copy your opponents stats
Moves
-Transform(necessary to have a move, though you'll never use it due to imposter)

Ditto is such a great revenge killer. Imposter copies the opponents stats, including speed, which is raised further by Choice Scarf. It hits the dragons hard and can easily KO large threats as well as learn the movepool and stats of your Pokemon so that they can send in an appropriate counter.

Next week? I vote for all of the following: Azumarill, Skarmory, Xatu, Amoonguss, or Accelgor. Please excuse me if we have done any of these

EDIT: I didn't know we could post nonsense

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Which brings us to the special. Due to Ditto being so Ditto-esque, you all get to choose the Pokémon of the Week for the following week. Starters and Cover/Event Legends from each generation are disqualified

Then how about Golurk or Ferrothorn or Archeops from the 5th gen. Or else Luxray or Electivire from the 4th gen. Or else Kecleon or Ninjask from the 3rd gen.

Those are just a suggestion, but if i had to choice it would be between Golurk or Ferrothorn mainly.

Last edited:

Lucario Fan

Ability: Imposter
Item: Choice Scarf/Leftovers/BrightPowder

Next Week: Scrafty

grantholomew

accually is dolan
Um...oksy. Ditto. The blob. It turns into anything. And it breeds with just about anything. Yeah.
Right, so Ditto got an awesome ability of Imposter from the Dream World, but I won't launch into a long boring overview, since there's plenty of those coming.
132.gif

De Blob
Ditto w/ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
252 HP/GO NUTS
-Transform
-
-
-
Right. As you can see I have posted a very original Ditto set that no one uses. Ever. Again, Ditto gets Imposter from the Dream World, which is an almost-Illusion, and works great with a Choice Scarf. I shouldn't have to explain the moves.

So...Gengar would be awesome for next week...

Last edited:
Imposter Ditto. Used to be ditto was only good as a breeder, but now that imposter is available, things have changed.

Choice Scarf
Don't bother EV training it
You have to have transform

And that's really it with ditto. For next week, I vote Hydreigon.

ilucado

Blaine's Style!
Uber Ditto

Ditto@Choice Scarf
Trait: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP (since is the only stat that he doesn't copy!!!! sry jeffdavid102)
Moves
-Transform

Just be careful to subs! Ditto can't copy while the opponent is behind a substitute!! Ditto is one of the best revenge killers since he can copy even the stats boosts then thanks to choice scarf, just sweep way!! =D

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Ditto is the best breeder ever. I have an entire box filled solely with Dittos on my Emerald version, including a 31 Attack IV Adamant Ditto. Imposter gives it some new uses, but I have a question. Does Imposter activate before or after entry hazards activate? If it activates first, Ditto can avoid spikes when switching in against flying types and it can clean up toxic spikes when switching in on poison types.

For next week, I vote for Slowking

Last edited:

ASB

Weather Team Hater
Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Impostor
252 HP
-Transform

Essentially the only set. This is gonna be a lengthy PotW feature, I can tell.

Argon Wartortle

Farewell, SPPF...
OMG SHAPESHIFTER

~Transform

Item:Choice Scarf
Ability:Imposter
Don't bother with EVs
Nature: ^Insert Speed boosting nature here^

Best revenge killer in the game. Switch in, transform into enemy, copy boosts, destroy them. For best results, copy an opponent with LOADS of boosts and destroy as much as you can before you die.

Next week: Deoxys

Lucian947

Gym Leader
OK! A few good pokemon that I would like to see are :

Xatu, Girafarig, Swoobat, Gliscor, Golurk,Krookodile,
Gastrodon, Simisear, Simipour, Simisage, Sawsbuck

I know some of these are not exactly standard ones and that there are better ones regarding there types or roles
but I think these too have there charm; also I couldn't choose just one of them but I'll be happy if any of these will be chosen.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Magic Mirror On The Wall, You'll Outspeed Me, And I'll Fall
Ditto@Choice Scarf
Quirky nature
Imposter
255 HP
~Transform

Ditto used to be one of those bottom-of-the-barrel NU novelties someone would only use on a dare or due to some form of insanity, or if it happened to be their favorite. But now, Ditto has a great new toy in the form of Imposter, allowing it to transform without the need to attack. And trust me when I say that that makes a big, stinking difference. Ditto doesn't even need to know any moves, but since the games prohibit moveless Pokemon, Transform is more or less a necessity.

Item is to ensure Ditto still outspeeds when it transforms, given that it and the foe would share a Speed stat. Speed ties are unreliable. Ability... what do you think we've been talking about this whole time?

Other options:
*Ahaha.
*Ahahahahahaha.
*AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
*OK, but seriously, if you like to take risks, you can replace the Choice Scarf with a Quick Claw. Gives Ditto freedom to change moves, but now it's not a guarantee to win the Speed tie. Still skews the odds slightly better than 50/50, though. Don't be tempted to use Quick Powder, it ceases to work once Imposter has activated.

Abilities:
*Limber: Ditto can't be paralyzed. Not a bad ability in and of itself, but given that the preferred tactic for taking out an untransformed Ditto would involve attacking it outright, it's not exactly an Arceussend.
*Imposter: Ditto's Hidden Ability, and just about everything it could have hoped for. Ditto will, upon being sent out, transform into its opponent automatically, provided said opponent isn't hiding behind a Substitute or an Illusion. In Double or Triple battles, Ditto will transform into the opponent directly across from it.

Partners:
If the Choice Scarf makes you uneasy, you can opt for some form of Tailwind support. It should last just long enough to allow you to outspeed and KO the foe Ditto turned into in the first place.

Counters:
Zoroark with its Illusion still up stops Imposter from turning Ditto into Zoroark. Zoroark even comes with Pursuit to catch Ditto on the way out once its trainer figures out the problem. Other than that, you'd better stock your team so you can reliably counter any of your own Pokemon, because you just might need to.

Opinion:
I've always liked Ditto, and Imposter is exactly what it needed.

Request for next week:
Garbodor.

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
As all posted b4, this is just the set to use:
Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Imposter
Any nature
252 Hp
-Transform
(Hidden Power [rock]/[Grass])
Don't send it in on a substute or Zoroark. Hidden Powers are just to kill stuff like Volcarona, as the tend to use Hidden Power for coverage. If you carry Rock, you can easily OHKO them. Grass is for Rotom, that occasionally carry Hidden Power.

Next week I'd like Gastrodon, the awesome sea slug.

I vote for musharna as next week's pokemon. It is cute and floral. Rhyperior is also cool but Musharna is my vote

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.