• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #89 - Special #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

grantholomew

accually is dolan
Wow, 6 pages on the first day. Who knew there were that many Ditto sets out there?

And in case you forgot, I vote Gengar.
094.gif

Why not add Wynaut, Wobbuffet, and Unown this week? They also only have one moveset that should(or can) be used. The only thing under other options would be an extra item and 1-2 moves for Wynaut/Wobbuffet. Everyone has already posted Ditto's moveset and it has only been one day; the same thing will happen if there is a week for Wynaut/Wobbuffet and a week for Unown. By adding these three this week, two extra weeks would open for other pokemon to be covered.

Since we get vote for next week's pokemon- I choose Hydreigon.

The point of this POTW is to let people pick what they want to use next week.

You guys don't have to post Ditto sets... there is basically just one, and I promise you I am competent enough at this game to figure it out lol. And no to Wynaut / Wobb. Ditto may have one set but there is a LOT to talk about. Trust me :)

ThatsJustPeachy

Superiority Complex
Bisharp, kirito would be proud

I would like to see Hydreigon next week,
and if it is possible,also it's pre-evolutions

EDIT: Duranteater,can you tell the top 3,chosen for next week?

Last edited:

Ilan

Ditto have 1 set the only question is what Hidden Power I would go with rock cause it have a great covera and with HP ice volcarona eat you alive..

Nesxt week: Haxorus (I wonder why..)

gandaf

I'm going to vote for Qwilfish. Awsome Pokemon who is really not as well noted as he sould be!

philzone

Ready for trumpets
Alright folks, just did a quick tally. Currently, next week looks like:

:635::635::635::635:

Hydreigon

Duranteater, you can check if you would like.

Last edited:
Considering this has been up for only a little over 24 hours declaring a winner already seems a bit premature.

To win these things you need to ally with some friends and band together to get what you want.

Sala-imence

Rock type trainer
Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 140 SDef
Ability: Imposter
Moveset:
- Transform

Ok, maximum HP because Ditto does not copy that. And a split 1:1 for Defense and special defense because critical hits depend on Ditto's original stats.

Then you know you will be faster than whatever you switch in on. Hopefully, you would have chosen a pokemon that is likely to have move good on itself.

Ah yes, my vote for POTW is SEISMITOAD!!!

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Thanks for tallying when I wasn't here Philzone^^

And yeah, let's be friends here if we want your choice to be featured on the next POTW so grab your buddies to help out this week! Will the Draco Meteor spammer called Hydreigon keep the lead or will another Pokemon get passed its #1 spot?

philzone

Ready for trumpets
Thanks for tallying when I wasn't here Philzone^^

And yeah, let's be friends here if we want your choice to be featured on the next POTW so grab your buddies to help out this week! Will the Draco Meteor spammer called Hydreigon keep the lead or will another Pokemon get passed its #1 spot?

No problem

2406Blackbird

CasualMediocre Gamer
You guys missed a pun last week: Take me to Venus-aur else!

"EWWW! WHAT IS IT?! It's an Imposta'!"
Ditto:
Imposter
Item: Depends on you
EVs: Does it matter?
Moves: Transform
-
-
-

I'm just gonna talk about what item you should use. Choice Scarf is the best items because if you run into any kind of attacker, you will have a minimum 1/4 chance of having a super effective move to use against the foe, which u can use agianst them. You will obviously be faster, unless they have a choice scarf as well. Choice Band or Specs are risky as you could switch into a support or special with the Band or a support or Physical with the Specs. If you want to take the enormous risk then go ahead. Life Orb is an option if you want to switch between moves, but be warned as you will have the speed of the pokemon you switch into, and the speed tie may not always work in your favour. Life Orb is good if you transform into a mixed attacker. Leftovers leaves your options open in terms of moves, but if you switch into any kind of pokemon that has only attacking moves, then you might be screwed, because your Tyranitar might EQ them, but their Tyranitar who has Life Orb will hit back with a stronger EQ. Leftys is best if you switch into a support pokemon, although you won't be the best staller as you only has 5PP for each move (20PP in total). You can also choose other items like Expert Belt instead of Life Orb, BrightPowder, etc. Remember though, that the item you choose may cause you to win or lose. Not sure if EVS even matter, because in the end, your stats will only mimic those of the pokemon to transformed into.

Last edited:
I also vote Ferrothorn. Anyway:
Ability: Imposter
Item: Choice Scarf
252 HP EV's
Ditto was "awful" in the first four generations. All it did well was to help with breeding. But in Generation V, Imposter, its Hidden Ability, caused it to pass from a competitively useless Pokémon to a terrifyng one. Like most users, I consider this set. Choice Scarf is there just to ensure that Ditto goes first (considering that the opponent does not use priority moves). HP is the only stat not copied by Ditto, so get 252 EV's. If Ditto is against a Pokémon with a lot of HP (Blissey, Vaporeon, Drifblim) you may prefer, in some cases, to just retreat as well, but sometimes, even with that, Speed puts you into an advantage, so you have a chance. The only flaw is that you're trapped in your first move, but... You can retreat, just realize that you'll "lose a turn", so make a smart switch.

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
i vote for Landorus. he hasn't been done yet, and can run a devastating special attacking set now that his dw ability has been released. he can also 2HKO most of the meta with earth power or focus blast.

The Jolly Pink Blob

Ditto @Choice Scarf
Jolly
Imposter
252Hp 50Atk 50Def 50Sp.Atk 50Sp.Def 50Spe
-Transform

i wish that ditto's special items worked after he transformed. it would help him make his way as the ultimate revenge killer, especially considering he copys his foe's ability too.

Status
Not open for further replies.