• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #89 - Special #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTorterraXIV

Wait what?
I vote for somethign with a pre evo

I like to write :(

DestroyerOfWorlds

Dragonlord Manslayer
I vote for somethign with a pre evo

I like to write :(

Keep in mind that Zweilous has the strongest Outrage in the game after Black Kyurem. Dat Hustle...

Makaveli

Gone for Good.
I vote for Bisharp.

KingTorterraXIV

Wait what?
Go for Bisharp. Pawniard was good in LC iirc.

Yeah Pawniard isn't bad, I can work with that (+Bisharp is cool)

So I vote for Bisharp cause :]

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Lapras or Kyogre

I just checked Smogon's NU and OU analyses for Ditto, and I see no mentions of Leftovers or Life Orb. I'd personally make a mention of them in the POTW analysis. Leftovers makes Ditto not so useless against stall, and Life Orb gives Ditto a lot more power and versatility. I would warn that against offensive Pokemon, you risk losing the speed tie and possibly your Ditto, so it's very risky at times. However, the payoff can be very good.

Also, you'll need something to fill up the Other Options section, so...there you go.

I just checked Smogon's NU and OU analyses for Ditto, and I see no mentions of Leftovers or Life Orb. I'd personally make a mention of them in the POTW analysis. Leftovers makes Ditto not so useless against stall, and Life Orb gives Ditto a lot more power and versatility. I would warn that against offensive Pokemon, you risk losing the speed tie and possibly your Ditto, so it's very risky at times. However, the payoff can be very good.

Also, you'll need something to fill up the Other Options section, so...there you go.

I think if I mention Leftovers or Life Orb it would only be to say that they should never be used... Ever.

Choice Scarf gives you a 100% chance of outrunning and destroying your opponent. Lefties / LO gives you 50% at best, effectively destroying any revenge killing utility it had. Leftovers might make Ditto marginally more useful against stall but not much more. Life Orb gives it more power but at a huge cost. It doesn't increase its versatility, it makes it nearly useless.

Not only does Scarf give insurance against deadly set-up sweepers it allows Ditto to turn any random Lucario or non-Scarf Terrakion against their masters and sweep. At any given time Ditto is literally a clone of something your opponent has but with no item and +50% speed. This means that in terms of random late game sweeps Ditto can count as 2+ Pokemon.

Also even with Choice Scarf Ditto is far from useless against stall. Not a stallbreaker by any margin but it can still copy a spinner on ghost-less stall or get a few layers of Spikes against their own Skarmory if you run a ghost yourself. Nothing is wrong with being bad against stall either... Not all Pokemon are stallbreakers.

philzone

Ready for trumpets
I think if I mention Leftovers or Life Orb it would only be to say that they should never be used... Ever.

Choice Scarf gives you a 100% chance of outrunning and destroying your opponent. Lefties / LO gives you 50% at best, effectively destroying any revenge killing utility it had. Leftovers might make Ditto marginally more useful against stall but not much more. Life Orb gives it more power but at a huge cost. It doesn't increase its versatility, it makes it nearly useless.

Not only does Scarf give insurance against deadly set-up sweepers it allows Ditto to turn any random Lucario or non-Scarf Terrakion against their masters and sweep. At any given time Ditto is literally a clone of something your opponent has but with no item and +50% speed.

Also even with Choice Scarf Ditto is far from useless against stall. Not a stallbreaker by any margin but it can still copy a spinner on ghost-less stall or get a few layers of Spikes against their own Skarmory if you run a ghost yourself. Nothing is wrong with being bad against stall either... Not all Pokemon are stallbreakers.

Not 100% chance. Trick room swwepers ruin choice scarf ditto

It has a 100% chance because you know when you are faster or not. You don't send Ditto up against something it can't beat like Subpunch Breloom, nor would you send it up against TR Reuniclus.

But when a Salamence uses Dragon Dance or that Cloyster used Shell Smash you KNOW Ditto will outrun and KO it. With Lefties / LO it only has a 50% chance. Actually the same is true under TR. Still just a 50% chance.

I'm changing my vote from Sandslash to Hydreigon because its new mixed LO + Roost set needs a lot more love. Seriously, Roost was only used on about 12% of Hydreigon, and Superpower on about 5% in this past month.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I'm changing my vote from Sandslash to Hydreigon because its new mixed LO + Roost set needs a lot more love. Seriously, Roost was only used on about 12% of Hydreigon, and Superpower on about 5% in this past month.

Well since Serebii didn't say anything about changing votes I'll allow it, plus I used the same set too, it can be underrated at times but it has great coverage while recovering as well.

Rayofquazar

Well ditto is pretty neat! It can confuse opponent and spread chaos!

My vote for next weak goes to butterfree cz it deserves a POTW since no one ever talked about how much better it got with the release of tinted lens and quiver dance!

Well since Serebii didn't say anything about changing votes I'll allow it, plus I used the same set too, it can be underrated at times but it has great coverage while recovering as well.

lol I'm the one in charge of this, not you.

All I care about is what the post says when I count this stuff up Friday or Saturday night. If you want to change your votes that's fine. If two Pokemon tie, idk, maybe we'll just do those pokes consecutive weeks. Or maybe I'll just say "too bad" and pick whichever one I want more.

Chances of two Pokemon tying are pretty low.

Status
Not open for further replies.