• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #89 - Special #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grassmaster411

Dont, move, a muscle
Puns:

Ditto. Ditto. What? What? Stop copying me! Stop copying me!

Awww, I stepped in a Ditto.

Ditto! You owe me a soda.

Leggo my Ditto!

For nexk week, I vote for Stoutland.

No. 1 Machop Fan

When I saw it was a special, I totally called it being Ditto! :D

Standard troll
Ditto@Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Nature: Timid
IVs: 31 HP/0 Attack/31 Speed
EVs: 252 HP/252 Speed
Moves:
- Transform

Maybe I am getting a bit detailed, but I'm being as prepared as possible. If for any reason Ditto can't transform with imposter, the nature, IVs and EVs help make it transform as quickly as possible. iirc it can choose another move after transforming despite the Choice Scarf.

I use Ditto as a lead combo with Magic Bounce Espeon and Shedinja. If the opposing lead has a setup move like Taunt or Stealth Rock, I switch to Espeon and bounce the move right back. NEVER GETS OLD! If it has no moves that can threaten Shedinja, I switch to Shedinja and get a free Swords Dance boost. IMO Ditto/Espeon/Shedinja is one of the most fun offensive cores in the game!

I can then bring Ditto in later after letting my opponent (especially a Dragon Dancer or a Shell Smasher) boost up a bit, and then proceed to sweep the team while laughing like the maniacal troll battler I am!

Should a Trace Porygon2 come in on my Shedinja and copy its Wonder Guard, I can also switch to my Ditto, who can copy the Pory2 as is, including with the Traced Wonder Guard! This would result in a very long stall war unless they switch, because once Ditto's 5 PP runs out, I can switch back to Shedinja without fear and then back to Ditto and do it all over again until they get the hint.

Trick Room troll
Ditto@Iron Ball
Nature: Relaxed/Sassy
IVs: 31 HP/0 Attack/0 Speed
EVs: 252 HP
Moves:
- Transform

With an Iron Ball, Ditto can be used under Trick Room. Under Trick Room, it will be guaranteed to go before the opponent it transformed into. It's also not held back by being limited to a single move like Choice Scarf Ditto is. However it can be hard to use if it transforms into a faster opponent like Infernape or Ninjask.

To counter Ditto, use Zoroark. It cannot transform while the latter is behind an illusion.

Last edited:
Why not add Wynaut, Wobbuffet, and Unown this week? They also only have one moveset that should(or can) be used. The only thing under other options would be an extra item and 1-2 moves for Wynaut/Wobbuffet. Everyone has already posted Ditto's moveset and it has only been one day; the same thing will happen if there is a week for Wynaut/Wobbuffet and a week for Unown. By adding these three this week, two extra weeks would open for other pokemon to be covered.

Since we get vote for next week's pokemon- I choose Hydreigon.

ASB

Weather Team Hater
I vote we do three weeks with each of the new Therian formes as they all seem viable.

maciscool

Ditto,an awesome pokemon.All u need is 252hp and 252 speed and a speed boosting nature.

Voting for reuniclus, gastrodon, ferrothorn, magnezone, and starmie

Last edited:

Lord of Fire

The Great Conqueror
The Imposter
Ditto@Quick Powder
EVs: 252 HP, 252 speed, 4 ....whatever.Nature: Jolly
Moves: Transform

So..yeah. This is like the only ditto set you'll see in battles. Copying all stat changes and stats, ditto is an excellent revenge killer, especially against sweepers. Impostor lets you automatically transform and saves a turn of transforming. EV's don't matter much. So, yeah. This thing can either be somewhat useless or very effective. Many a time has a Ditto copied my dance-scrafty/ gyarados's stat changes.

No. 1 Machop Fan

Why do people keep saying Quick Powder? Ditto can only use it as Ditto.

No. 1 Machop Fan

^ quick powder doesnt work for transformed-pokes.

My point exactly. That's why I'm asking why people are suggesting it when it becomes useless once Ditto has transformed.

RealRaymon

Good series at last!
guys, you keep saying that you can give 252 evs in HP and that is all...
i have to disagree. Blue Harvest, take into consideration please.
252HP/51Atk/51SpA/51SpD/51def/51Speed
docile nature.

Electrolled

What you gotta do is put it in on something that is not a wall. There, the Choice Scarf won't matter.

To counter it, besides Zorark, get something that would stink without it's Ability. Like Azumarill or Medicham. Without their Pure/Huge Power, they're useless. And Ditto will be useless (almost), because it's using Impostor.

If you're using it, switch into something that would be awesome without it's ability, like Regigigas, Slaking or Archeops. There, Ditto would be great.

Unless I'm so wrong and it actually does keep the opponent's ability. ._.
Then...oops. Hehheheh

Well, I think you all got this Ditto covered, but there's always the choice of another Choice item, unless you switch into something like Chandelure with a Choice Band equipped. So that's kinda situational, but could work out because most teams don't just want only a special attacker, because Chansey exists. And they don't want only physical, because Burns/Confusion would ruin everything. Or maybe a Ferrothorn with a Rocky Helmet. Or a Forretress.

Hmm. I'm thinking MASQUERAIN next. Cause it's awesome.

Or...Gastrodon or Genesect. Yeah. A Bug/Steel. I mean, there are as many as pure bugs, right?

Accelgor, Volbeat, Illumuse, Pinsir, I've been thinking too long. KRICKITUNE. TailGlow Volbeat=eh, Pinsir=eh, Accelgor=ehhh, Illumuse has no value to me.

Then there's Escaviler (who I vote for), Genesect (voting!), Forretress (vote), Durant (I'm voting for this one), and Scizor (Wow this is annoying to counter...along with Breloom...who I vote for)

Kiyoshi

Veteran Trainer
The main reason people use the Scarf is because Quick Powder stops working once Ditto has been Transformed.

Really? Didn't say that in the item description. I was under the impression it doubles Ditto's Speed no matter what it Transforms into. Guess it's only useful for non-Impostor only Ditto. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

Melonhead215

"That one guy"
Because there is nothing else to do.. Voting Lanturn.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Smogon does mention minimum Speed if it comes down to a Struggle contest between two Ditto. Aside from that, what's been said has been said but a list of IVs required for the most usable Hidden Power should be listed. Someone did point out using a teammate with Tailwind as opposed to a Choice Scarf. Mandibuzz comes to mind with its great bulk, access to recovery, access to Taunt, but most importantly; its average Speed and access to U-turn.

Aside from that, I'm voting for Crawdaunt for next week's analysis.

Last edited:

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Oh ditto. I remember you being a troll before. And a useful training guinea pig like chansey, blissey, and Audino (punching bags). Until you got imposter as an ability. Now you'll kick our *** before we kick your *** out. OH HOW CRUEL YOU'VE GOTTEN TO NOW!I can't even land a hit on you when I tried!

Next week we should have either:

I. Another Special pokemon week (topic would be "Common Pokemon Rodent Week" consisting of: Raticate family, Furret family, Linoone family, Bibarel family, Patrat family, Stoutland family, and Cinccino family [she's a smogon NU suspect])
II. Zangoose (one of the NU suspects from Smogon)
III. Amoongus [Smogon suspect]
IV. Alomomola [not Smogon suspect]
V. Altaria

Rotomknight

THE GREATEST TRAINER
Doubles,
Abilty limber

Transform into haxorus
standard sweeping set,
dragon claw
earthquake
Dragon dance
filler

partners (KEY)
medicham with pure power!
pokemon with skill swap
skill swap pure power,
while ditto transforms into haxorus
Skill swap pure power onto haxorus.
Complex, yes
Takes up a whole team, yes
If sucseefull, kills everything, yes

SwiftGrovyle

Official POTW Fact Checker
guys, you keep saying that you can give 252 evs in HP and that is all...
i have to disagree. Blue Harvest, take into consideration please.
252HP/51Atk/51SpA/51SpD/51def/51Speed
docile nature.
The following statement is true, but lolzy.
Ok, all of you, listen up, because even though we have ditto, we still have to be serious. Some of you think that just running 252 hp and picking a crappy selection of stats is all for ditto, ever since imposter came out, and even before then. FALSE!!!

Ok, so I can understand why u would think that. However, there is something you should know- imposter doesn't change the ability. You don't get the ability, hence why no illusion from Zoroark. So a counter for ditto would be to change its ability... Which doesn't happen often... But! If and when it does, a back up is for you to go back to the old days and use transform, and you need to do it fast. 252 hp, 252 speed, then party with a jello that's always freakin' happy.

Predict: Poison, ice or ghost type.

Oh, also, to those that think that ditto can't absorb stat raisers such as evolite and pure power and scarf, think again. When it transforms, it aquires all stats, including boosts. Just a note for people who are crazy enough to think they can use a -4 SPd spec salamance against them. Sweeped an entire team because of a dummy who thought otherwise.

Last edited:

No. 1 Machop Fan

The following statement is true, but lolzy.
Ok, all of you, listen up, because even though we have ditto, we still have to be serious. Some of you think that just running 252 hp and picking a crappy selection of stats is all for ditto, ever since imposter came out, and even before then. FALSE!!!

Ok, so I can understand why u would think that. However, there is something you should know- imposter doesn't change the ability. You don't get the ability, hence why no illusion from Zoroark. So a counter for ditto would be to change its ability... Which doesn't happen often... But! If and when it does, a back up is for you to go back to the old days and use transform, and you need to do it fast. 252 hp, 252 speed, then party with a jello that's always freakin' happy.

Predict: Poison, ice or ghost type.

Prove to me that Imposter doesn't copy the ability. Cuz it does on Pokémon Online. Multiple times I've switched to Ditto after an opposing Porygon2 Traced my Shedinja's Wonder Guard, and it copied the Porygon2 AND its Wonder Guard!

Status
Not open for further replies.