• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Community POTW #90

Status
Not open for further replies.

firerank9

Aura All-Star
635.jpg

Hmm...I think this is one you need to try out

Three-Headed Terrorizer
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid/Modest (Preferd Timid)
EVs: 252 Sp. Attack/252 Speed/4 Hp
Item: Wide Lens (+ Accuracy)/Expert Belt (+ attack if super effective)
Moves
Draco Meteor
Fire Blast/Flamethrower
Focus Blast/Hidden Power(if Hidden power is Ice/Fighting)
Dark Pulse

Or this one...

Legend of Darkness
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252Sp. Attack/252 Speed/4 HP
Items: Blackglasses/Dark Gem/Life Orb
Moves
Dark Pulse
Draco Meteor
Hidden Power(If Ice/Fighting/grass/Fire/or Water)/Fire Blast/Focus Blast
Earth Power

Try these one out...
IF YOU DARE! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

philzone

Ready for trumpets
View attachment 6132

Hmm...I think this is one you need to try out

Three-Headed Terrorizer
Nature: Timid/Modest (Preferd Timid)
EVs: 252 Sp. Attack/252 Speed/4 Hp
Item: Wide Lens (+ Accuracy)/Expert Belt (+ attack if super effective)
Moves
Draco Meteor
Fire Blast/Flamethrower
Focus Blast/Hidden Power(if Hidden power is Ice/Fighting)
Dark Pulse

Or this one...

Legend of Darkness
EVs: 252Sp. Attack/252 Speed/4 HP
Items: Blackglasses/Dark Gem/Life Orb
Moves
Dark Pulse
Draco Meteor
Hidden Power(If Ice/Fighting/grass/Fire/or Water)/Fire Blast/Focus Blast
Earth Power

Try these one out...
IF YOU DARE! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

set2:
flamethrower and surf are better options tha HP

Ohitsdylan

Ah, Hydreigon, the Ugly Flower Pokemon.

Wilted Pansy:
Item: Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpAtk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
It only has one ability.
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast

Star Champion AJ

No need to blame everybody. I voted for Nidoqueen (to get Nidorina some spotlight) and Nidoking.

And speaking of which, Should we have a pokemon couples week on Valentine's week?

NO, just no! I hate couples! I hate Valentine's Day!
Well, the Nido couple can and must do a couple appearance on Valentine's Day!
Anyway, I hate couples! I hate Valentine's Day! I hate love!

KingTorterraXIV

Wait what?
NO, just no! I hate couples! I hate Valentine's Day!
Well, the Nido couple can and must do a couple appearance on Valentine's Day!
Anyway, I hate couples! I hate Valentine's Day! I hate love!

I wouldn't recommend clicking here then

SeamYo

Since its voting week can I vote to put an end to these ridiculous puns that are given to each moveset?

They are not funny or entertaining or clever in the slightest. All they do is distract from the article. They reduce what was once a great weekly feature, which has recently been improved with a collaborative element, to an unprofessional and quite frankly childish* affair. Please give the sets a proper name (special sweeper, wall etc) or no name at all just stop with the stupid puns.

I’m sure I am not alone on this matter

*And yes, the irony of complaining that something to do with Pokémon is childish is not lost on me haha

Ilan

set2:
flamethrower and surf are better options tha HP

Using HP on hydreigon isn't too smart... maybe if you REALLY hate gastordon then HP grass but I don't see anything else it is worth using for..
cause it have access to 16 of 17 attacking types.

I agree with the puns... maybe give up on them when there aren't good ones.. or try at least some funny ones and easy to understood.. I though that all venusaur puns were MEH and didn't understand most of them.

Kraleck

Using HP on hydreigon isn't too smart... maybe if you REALLY hate gastordon then HP grass but I don't see anything else it is worth using for..
cause it have access to 16 of 17 attacking types.

Maybe if you hate dealing with the accuracy and/or low PP of certain Moves (Focus Blast, for example) or want a Special option for a Move-Type it only has Physical options for (Rock, for example). Otherwise, it's only for ensuring you have broad Type coverage.

I agree with the puns... maybe give up on them when there aren't good ones.. or try at least some funny ones and easy to understood.. I though that all venusaur puns were MEH and didn't understand most of them.

Puns had gotten lame faster than they did in the anime, which is saying a lot...

This 3-Headed beast needs some support, so let's see what we can scrounge up...

Partners & Allies
Okay, first of all, Levitate makes any non-Mold Breaker EQ user a great partner in Doubles and Triples, especially if they have Storm Drain or Water Absorb to negate Surf. Quagsire and Mixed Gastrodon are prime examples. Cradily also makes a good partner in Triples with Hydrei' taking center stage due to Storm Drain and tanking capacity. Hydrei' in a side-role in Triples with a Flying Type or Levitate Ability Pokemon on the other side allows for EQ spamming. As a side note, I personally like the combo of using Hydreigon along with Exeggutor and Dodrio for a fun, multi-headed Pokemon Rotation-Battle gimmick...

Ghost Types are often good allies due to their immunity to Fighting, Resistance to Bug, and a few have Resistance to Ice (Froslass, Chandelure, & Jellicent). Water Types are also good choices since they Resist Ice, often carry Ice Type Moves (usually for Grass Types, but remember that they work wonders on Dragon Types, too), and several Resist Bug (Jellicent yet again, Empoleon, Mantine, Gyarados, Swanna, Poliwrath, Qwilfish, & Tentacruel). Rounding out the allies, Poison Types are, likewise, good allies since Hydrei' is immune to one key Poison-Type Weakness (Ground), they Resist Fighting and Bug, and a few Resist Ice, too (but they're already covered as Water Types - Tentacruel and Qwilfish).

Last edited:

EmiiLava

Joltik Queen <3
Tri this set!
Hydreigon@leftovers
Nature: bold/calm
EVs: 252 HP 128 defense 128 special defense
Moveset:
-Dragon pulse/Dark pulse
-Thunder wave/Toxic
-Taunt/Roar
-Roost

Prepare for trouble and make it double!
Zwelious@eviolete
Nature: Bold/Calm
EVs: 252 HP 128 defense 128 special defense
Moveset:
-Dragon tail/Roar
-Taunt/Thunder wave
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Makaveli

Gone for Good.
Since its voting week can I vote to put an end to these ridiculous puns that are given to each moveset?

They are not funny or entertaining or clever in the slightest. All they do is distract from the article. They reduce what was once a great weekly feature, which has recently been improved with a collaborative element, to an unprofessional and quite frankly childish* affair. Please give the sets a proper name (special sweeper, wall etc) or no name at all just stop with the stupid puns.

*And yes, the irony of complaining that something to do with Pokémon is childish is not lost on me haha

I for one find the puns quite hilarious, despite the stupidity of some of them. I think they make the feature alive a little bit. If anything, there should be more puns. And while the community has been helping the POTW, the recent improved POTW can be credited more to our own triplehorse user Blue harvest.

:)

lol. I can say with much certainty that the increase in competitive quality of the POTW was due to me replacing Reno. The community part of the POTW had been going on for months yet Reno was still posting sets like Specs Tyranitar and Sub Toxic Dugtrio.

Most of the sets and options are my own, however there are still times when people here think up something I hadn't considered, or when people end up convincing me to post something I wasn't going to otherwise. As for the puns basically all of them I copy / paste from this thread so if you think they're crap we are all to blame ^_^

I'll try to make sure they're less stupid though. Then again, all puns are stupid.

Reno didn't really play the game much in 5th gen and he didn't have much time to write, so his POTW sometimes came out rushed and lacking quality. There were a bunch of complaints in the POTW thread about it and over time he became less and less active until Serebii just let me take over.

... I thought Reno's puns were good.

*Also all the Little Cup stuff is done by KingTorterra.

grantholomew

accually is dolan

Yes. Please, people. It's fine if you come up with a pun or something for a set you write, but if your post if just "Here are some puns! :)" and several puns and no actual competitive battling stuff then it kind of ruins the whole point of the Pokemon of the Week.

Yeah his puns were still nice, I never said his puns were bad:) But is their still a possibility to update Salemence to POTW before Chandelure's POTW?

Chances are pretty low. We don't have the resources right now to update past POTW. And by don't have the resources, I mean there's no way I'm devoting more time into this without getting paid.

... HINT HINT.

I prefered the old style puns

Convince Reno to come back and they're all yours.

A few puns.

"I did nazi that coming."
"Jew have a problem?"
"Anne Frankly I don't care."
"Fuhrerious"
"I can nazi without my glasses." - for specs hydra
"Zwei so serious?"

May add more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.